PDA

View Full Version : Video idea from last nights debate

runamuck
11-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Can someone go through last nights debate footage and isolate all the bits where the hawks were spewing war propaganda, torture justification, and sanctions? Have it be quick and rapid fire, and then at the end contrast with some peaceful sounding music Ron's words on friendship, open trade, and peace?

wstrucke
11-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I have an idea. How about we edit the entire debate to include equal air time for all of the candidates. Cut the debate to show exactly 89 seconds of responses from everyone then upload the 12 minute video to youtube and let people draw their own conclusions.

runamuck
11-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I have an idea. How about we edit the entire debate to include equal air time for all of the candidates. Cut the debate to show exactly 89 seconds of responses from everyone then upload the 12 minute video to youtube and let people draw their own conclusions..

That's clever!

wstrucke
11-13-2011, 08:32 AM
now we just need someone who is interested in putting something together...

Birdlady
11-13-2011, 08:38 AM
No one would watch a 12 minute video to be honest. Especially when it's mostly of the other candidates talking.

FreeTraveler
11-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah, longer videos are preaching to the choir, I'm afraid. Short but sweet is all the attention span most voters have.

We're in planning for a 60-second one called "Unelectable" that I came up with after that fiasco last night.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329786-quot-Unelectable-quot-Viral-Video-Planning-Thread&p=3739561#post3739561

wstrucke
11-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't know -- there are already hundreds of videos like this since 2008. Everyone who is going to see them has already seen them and if not we can just send them links to the innumerable ones that have already been created.

Superficially it kind of seems like people are making videos because they enjoy editing videos and like to feel like they're making a difference. The time and resources would be *much* better spent on the phones or canvassing at this point. If we're going to make more videos they should be for a specific purpose, like for the TeaParty moneybomb or something new like the ideas in this thread. Yet another 60 second "who is Ron Paul?" video is a waste of time.