PDA

View Full Version : Israel media: SC GOP debate one of the most disjointed and unfocussed of all the debates

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 12:48 AM
CBS President Les Moonves may be great nephew of the first Israeli PM and that may have induced extra pro Iran war focus in debate questioning, today's GOP debate butchered horribly by CBS did not make Israel-lovers happy either:

Published 07:48 13.11.11 Latest update 07:48 13.11.11

Republican debate disappoints Israel-loving Obama-bashers
At Saturday night’s debate in South Carolina was one of the most disjointed and unfocussed of all the debates held so far

By Chemi Shalev

The legions of Israel-loving Obama-bashers who had been expecting to cheer wildly as the U.S. President’s policies got torn apart piece by piece must have been sorely disappointed with Saturday night’s Republican Debate in South Carolina. Not only were the moderators from CBS and National Journal inordinately preoccupied with the situation in Pakistan - which is, let’s face it, unfathomable to most humans - but the only direct question in the debate concerning Israel was the one that landed Texas Governor Rick Perry in hot water again, after he implied that Israel would have to justify its need for foreign aid as if it was just another run-of-the-mill country, and not the apple of the Republican eye.

To be sure, the evening was replete with policy statements and world views that most Israelis and many American Jewish voters would enthusiastically applaud, including statements by two of the more prominent debaters – Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich – that they would support American military action against nuclear-seeking Iran. And, as is often the case when the Republicans try to outdo each other, even the most dedicated Jewish doomsayers would likely be taken aback by Michelle Bachman’s assertion that Pakistan, Iran and God knows who else are planning a “world-wide nuclear war” against Israel, or by Gingrich’s Crusade-like revelation that the Arab Spring is actually an anti-Christian onslaught.

Nonetheless those who had eagerly anticipated a public mauling of U.S. President Barack Obama over what they view as his infuriating attitude towards Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were, but for a few hardly-noticeable exceptions, left wanting. Others who had been geared up to hear a Republican chorus – excluding Ron Paul – extolling the party’s credo of life, liberty and the pursuit of Israel’s happiness - were also feeling disappointed. Many of these people – trust me on this – are probably convinced that the moderators’ insistence on an anything-but-Israel debate is a liberal left-wing conspiracy directed by the White House itself.

Be that as it may, the debate on foreign policy was one of the most disjointed and unfocussed of all the debates held so far, interspersed as it was by those surrealistic interludes in which the fringe candidates with the least chances of winning – most notably former governor Jon Huntsman but also Rick Santorum, Ron Paul and yes, Michelle Bachman – were more restrained and rational than the recognized leaders of the pack, refraining, for example, from declaring war on Pakistan and open season on China.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/west-of-eden/republican-debate-disappoints-israel-loving-obama-bashers-1.395268

sailingaway
11-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Ron is hardly a fringe candidate.

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 01:17 AM
In their view, he is. And in views of pro war US media.

The Goat
11-13-2011, 01:17 AM
this is Israel Media who do you think pushes the idea that Paul is unelectable? they want war with Iran and Paul doesn't.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Just so you know, Paul supporters in Israel (and yes, there are quite a few) myself included, are indeed itching for war with Iran for no other reason than the Ayatollah has expressly indicated the he wishes to annihilate us in public statements (i.e. - "Israel should be wiped off the map," Ahmadinejad '05). So just because we want to kick the crap out of the Ayatollah doesn't mean we want American help. I want us (Israel, not America) to do it alone because this is a Jewish issue and America has nothing to do with it. Plus, you guys have no money. We have a budget surplus.

I really don't give a crap how Obama treats Netanyahu because Netanyahu deserves it. They're both men with humongous egos and no vision. I just want to hear from a leader that he'll keep America out of the middle east, money and diplomats, so we can take care of business here and you guys can be left out of the whole matter.

Orgoonian
11-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Just so you know, Paul supporters in Israel (and yes, there are quite a few) myself included, are indeed itching for war with Iran for no other reason than the Ayatollah has expressly indicated the he wishes to annihilate us in public statements (i.e. - "Israel should be wiped off the map," Ahmadinejad '05). So just because we want to kick the crap out of the Ayatollah doesn't mean we want American help. I want us (Israel, not America) to do it alone because this is a Jewish issue and America has nothing to do with it. Plus, you guys have no money. We have a budget surplus.

I really don't give a crap how Obama treats Netanyahu because Netanyahu deserves it. They're both men with humongous egos and no vision. I just want to hear from a leader that he'll keep America out of the middle east, money and diplomats, so we can take care of business here and you guys can be left out of the whole matter.
:rolleyes:

Did Ahmadinejad really say Israel should be ‘wiped off the map’?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/did-ahmadinejad-really-say-israel-should-be-wiped-off-the-map/2011/10/04/gIQABJIKML_blog.html

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Rafi exactly, if Israel faces threat from another state, it should be free to deal with it as it pleases without American entanglement/interference. Folks in Israel tend to be far more realist about war adventures than so called pro-Israel Americans. Above view is more balanced overall compared to what you would see in a Jpost blog.

That said, US media and "pro Israel" evangelical types with ulterior motives have played a destructive role in the past when it comes to mideast affairs and solution of Israel's desputes. Numerous examples, here is one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329761-CBS-has-history-of-manipulating-suppressing-editing-foreign-policy-news-events

That needs to stop for good of both countries.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 01:48 AM
That said, US media and "pro Israel" evangelical types with ulterior motives have played a destructive role in the past when it comes to mideast affairs and solution of Israel's desputes. Numerous examples, here is one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329761-CBS-has-history-of-manipulating-suppressing-editing-foreign-policy-news-events

That needs to stop for good of both countries.

Totally agree. Pro Israel evangelicals scare the crap out of me. All they want is for me to fight so Jesus will return or something like that. I don't really understand it, nor do I want evangelical support. The idea of war with Iran also scares the crap out of me, because I might actually get killed. But it's something we have to do because we can't allow people to threaten our destruction without fighting back ever again.

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Totally agree. Pro Israel evangelicals scare the crap out of me. All they want is for me to fight so Jesus will return or something like that. I don't really understand it, nor do I want evangelical support. The idea of war with Iran also scares the crap out of me, because I might actually get killed. But it's something we have to do because we can't allow people to threaten our destruction without fighting back ever again.

Between you and me, is it true that you guys have 300 times more nukes than Iran or is that just a deterrant worst kept publicized secret? :)

J/K, you don't have to answer that. I wish peace and prosperity to people in whole region and resolution without war.

bluesc
11-13-2011, 02:09 AM

Man, ^^ this post was refreshing.

It's Israel's business what she does with Iran, and hopefully can do it without dragging the US into it, and without it leading to a ground war (which I don't believe Israel would survive, although your military is badass). While you hope for war with Iran, I hope peace can be maintained in your region (yes, I know, it's hardly peaceful right now, but you know what I mean).

John F Kennedy III
11-13-2011, 03:10 AM

He never said he would wipe Israel off the map. I couldn't help but notice you skipped the other forum member who pointed this out and continued to speak to others...

Rafi
11-13-2011, 03:27 AM
He never said he would wipe Israel off the map. I couldn't help but notice you skipped the other forum member who pointed this out and continued to speak to others...

I did skip it because in my opinion it's not worth responding to. Whether he said "wipe off the map" or quoted someone who said something similar, or said "smear off the map" or quoted some islamic figure who said that would be nice, or said that "jewish immigrants should be expelled" from Israel or anything that even smells of "let's kill the jews" as far as I'm concerned he's a dead man.

Look, my ancestors are screaming from their graves in every single damn generation and God as my witness no one will ever threaten my people again without paying for it.

If you want to split hairs and say he was quoted out of context, you have the luxury to do that. I don't. It is clear he wants me dead. I will make it clear to him he will be dead first.

John F Kennedy III
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
I did skip it because in my opinion it's not worth responding to. Whether he said "wipe off the map" or quoted someone who said something similar, or said "smear off the map" or quoted some islamic figure who said that would be nice, or said that "jewish immigrants should be expelled" from Israel or anything that even smells of "let's kill the jews" as far as I'm concerned he's a dead man.

Look, my ancestors are screaming from their graves in every single damn generation and God as my witness no one will ever threaten my people again without paying for it.

If you want to split hairs and say he was quoted out of context, you have the luxury to do that. I don't. It is clear he wants me dead. I will make it clear to him he will be dead first.

He didn't say anything even close to any of those. He said he would like to see the current Israeli government removed from the pages of history.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Man, ^^ this post was refreshing.

It's Israel's business what she does with Iran, and hopefully can do it without dragging the US into it, and without it leading to a ground war (which I don't believe Israel would survive, although your military is badass). While you hope for war with Iran, I hope peace can be maintained in your region (yes, I know, it's hardly peaceful right now, but you know what I mean).

We've survived genocidal threats from Persia before. It's nothing new. Read the book of Esther. We'll survive anything. We always have. I hope for peace too. If people just stopped threatening me and my people I have no problem whatsoever with leaving Iran and the Ayatollah the hell alone. But if I hear a threat there will be no peace.

Defense here is defense. It's not occupying a country and rebuilding it. I want nothing whatsoever to do with Iran. But again, I'm ready to fight.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 03:44 AM
He didn't say anything even close to any of those. He said he would like to see the current Israeli government removed from the pages of history.

JFKIII - I respect you because I respect all liberty loving people. And I know all RP supporters are genuine in that regard. But open your eyes. Referring to Israel as a cancer, Israeli government removed from the pages of history to be replaced by an Islamic republic, stop it with this nitpicking. Luckily we have our own army and can make our own decisions.

You can disagree, fine. I don't dispute that right. But I also have right to defend myself, yes, pre-emptively, just like we did in Iraq in 81.

Captain Shays
11-13-2011, 04:36 AM
Israel survives because the God who spoke and the entire universe lept into existence protects her NOT the United States of America

Rafi
11-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Israel survives because the God who spoke and the entire universe lept into existence protects her NOT the United States of America

God protects all His children, Captain, the US included.

devil21
11-13-2011, 04:54 AM
JFKIII - I respect you because I respect all liberty loving people. And I know all RP supporters are genuine in that regard. But open your eyes. Referring to Israel as a cancer, Israeli government removed from the pages of history to be replaced by an Islamic republic, stop it with this nitpicking. Luckily we have our own army and can make our own decisions.

You can disagree, fine. I don't dispute that right. But I also have right to defend myself, yes, pre-emptively, just like we did in Iraq in 81.

At least be accurate with your discourse. Once you bring the known falsities that are regurgitated by the zionists into the discussion you will be called out. It's not "nitpicking" when what you say is patently false and has been proven so. You are correct that Israel can do what it wishes, even if based on lies like the one you stated, as long as US lives and money isn't involved.

Echoes
11-13-2011, 04:59 AM
If you dont like murder, you are fringe.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 05:21 AM
At least be accurate with your discourse. Once you bring the known falsities that are regurgitated by the zionists into the discussion you will be called out. It's not "nitpicking" when what you say is patently false and has been proven so. You are correct that Israel can do what it wishes, even if based on lies like the one you stated, as long as US lives and money isn't involved.

I'm trying to be as accurate as I can with the information I have at my disposal.

What are "zionists" by the way? Can you define those? It sounds like it's used as a curse word.

Is there anything the Iranian leadership can, in theory, do or say that would convince you they want to destroy Israel? I just want to know where you draw the line.

Captain Shays
11-13-2011, 05:43 AM
God protects all His children, Captain, the US included.

Rafi, Israel always had a special place in God's plan and His heart. More so than ANY country including the USA

Captain Shays
11-13-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm trying to be as accurate as I can with the information I have at my disposal.

What are "zionists" by the way? Can you define those? It sounds like it's used as a curse word.

Is there anything the Iranian leadership can, in theory, do or say that would convince you they want to destroy Israel? I just want to know where you draw the line.

I am a Zionist. I strongly believe that Israel belongs in the land that was promised to them. I want Israel to remain soveriegn in their own country. I want to see Jews being happy to return to the land of their fathers and living and flourishing in the land of milk and honey. BTW I am not a Jew

Occam's Banana
11-13-2011, 07:20 AM
But I also have right to defend myself, yes, pre-emptively, just like we did in Iraq in 81.
I can't help but wonder - does Iran have a right to "pre-emptively" defend itself against Israel's "pre-emptive" defense of itself?
The doctrine of pre-emptive defense is a double-edged sword - it cuts both ways.

Echoes
11-13-2011, 07:21 AM
I am a Zionist. I strongly believe that Israel belongs in the land that was promised to them. I want Israel to remain soveriegn in their own country. I want to see Jews being happy to return to the land of their fathers and living and flourishing in the land of milk and honey. BTW I am not a Jew

Most jews are lactose-intolerant.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I can't help but wonder - does Iran have a right to "pre-emptively" defend itself against Israel's "pre-emptive" defense of itself?
The doctrine of pre-emptive defense is a double-edged sword - it cuts both ways.

It is a double edged sword. It sucks. I don't like it. I liked it much better when Iran was friends with us under the Shah. Then the Ayatollah took over and they country lost its mind and went ape. It's a damn shame. I don't want to hurt anybody.

So do they have a right to pre-emptively pre-empt? Sure, I guess. It's a game of chicken at this point. But understand that we really do feel threatened here by any form of an Iranian nuclear program. Call us paranoid, but people have tried to wipe us out before. It's not out of the blue that we feel this way.

It's not smart to threaten Jews armed with nukes worried about their survival.

Begood
11-13-2011, 07:43 AM

^^ Post of the year.

Sadly, the middle east need a major war.. Like Europe needed major wars to find peace. US intervention and foreign aid just postpone the inevitable just like the printing of money or QEs postpone the correction of the financial markets. Sadly the more they wait, the bigger the war will be because both sides get more stronger over time.

I don't think that Israel will survive that one, it is not 1967, we are in an era of missiles and that is not good news for Israel.

In my opinion, the only thing Israel can do to survive is get out completly of the west bank, remove all settlements, give back east jerusalem to the palestinians and end the blocus of Gaza. After that, if they still receive rockets, they will have all the rights in the world to retaliate with full force.

Captain Shays
11-13-2011, 07:46 AM
It is a double edged sword. It sucks. I don't like it. I liked it much better when Iran was friends with us under the Shah. Then the Ayatollah took over and they country lost its mind and went ape. It's a damn shame. I don't want to hurt anybody.

So do they have a right to pre-emptively pre-empt? Sure, I guess. It's a game of chicken at this point. But understand that we really do feel threatened here by any form of an Iranian nuclear program. Call us paranoid, but people have tried to wipe us out before. It's not out of the blue that we feel this way.

It's not smart to threaten Jews armed with nukes worried about their survival.

We do understand that there is a difference between the leadership of Iran and their generall population most of whom I don't think want to go killing a bunch of innocent Jews

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 08:09 AM
If Israel goes to war with Iran I will volunteer to serve and fight.

For Iran.

Rafi
11-13-2011, 08:21 AM
If Israel goes to war with Iran I will volunteer to serve and fight.

For Iran.

:) Cute. I actually will be fighting as I am in the reserves, rather than just trying to impress people on forums with my masculinity.

Ron Paul 2012!

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 08:27 AM
:) Cute. I actually will be fighting as I am in the reserves, rather than just trying to impress people on forums with my masculinity.

Ron Paul 2012!

I did a year of compulsory military service. Hated it. But I'd be willing to fight for Iran against Israel as a volunteer if it came to it.

Just like you believe you'd be fighting for your right to your holy sites, I'd be fighting to liberate my holy land from the oppressive racist Zionist regime that is occupying them.

Ron Paul 2012!

Danke
11-13-2011, 08:35 AM
What a character. Wants an attack that will result in death of innocent civilians, all bescause one of the ruling elite talked about wanting to see the state of Israel gone someday.

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
What a character. Wants an attack that will result in death of innocent civilians, all bescause one of the ruling elite talked about wanting to see the state of Israel gone someday.

Ruling elite? Ahmadinejad doesn't even have any real power in Iran. He's not even in the top 10.

1. Supreme Leader
2-13. Guardian Council (decide what bills get heard in parliament, who gets to run for president and parliament, can veto and nullify laws, serves as constitutional court)
14. President

The president doesn't even have control of the regular military, the Revolutionary Guard or the Basij paramilitary forces. He is virtually powerless when it comes to important decisions. He doesn't set foreign policy, monetary policy, he doesn't have veto powers, he can't introduce bills into parliament, he doesn't control energy policy, etc.

Danke
11-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Ruling elite? Ahmadinejad doesn't even have any real power in Iran. He's not even in the top 10.

1. Supreme Leader
2-13. Guardian Council (decide what bills get heard in parliament, who gets to run for president and parliament, can veto and nullify laws, serves as constitutional court)
14. President

The president doesn't even have control of the regular military, the Revolutionary Guard or the Basij paramilitary forces. He is virtually powerless when it comes to important decisions. He doesn't set foreign policy, monetary policy, he doesn't have veto powers, he can't introduce bills into parliament, he doesn't control energy policy, etc.

O.K. just elites then, whatever.

mczerone
11-13-2011, 08:54 AM
this is Israel Media who do you think pushes the idea that Paul is unelectable? they want war with Iran and Paul doesn't.

Correction: Paul doesn't want the U.S. dictating what Isreal does. The warmongers are trying to control Isreal's foreign policy, telling them NOT to attack Iran because the pawns aren't in place yet, and the U.S. should lead the charge.

Paul's policy says that Isreal should be able to attack Iran if Isreal's govt determines that such actions are warranted.

GarrettDLinger
11-13-2011, 08:58 AM
I understand Jewish history and whatnot but this victimization act seems like a way to deflect the blame Jewish people have in some of their history. No race is above reproach and notwithstanding I would not say that the state of Israel is somehow always innocent in regards to the tensions in the region. You should look at the causes of instability and try to find a way to bring peace to the region as opposed to having a bloody and unnecessary war.

donnay
11-13-2011, 09:20 AM

First off if Ahmadinejad was so bad and so ruthless, why do more than 20,000 Jews live in peace in Iran?

7/14/2007

Israel seeks to encourage Iran’s Jews to immigrate

9 July 2007

BBC Monitoring Middle East

Text of report by web version of Israeli newspaper Ma’ariv on 8 July
[Report by Eli Bradenstein: "Israel to Iranian Jews: Immigration At Any Price"]

Israel is trying to find new ways of encouraging immigration from Iran in the wake of a lack of desire on the part of thousands of Iranian Jews to leave. In order to do this, an expatriate group of Iranian Jewish donors, which is behind a special fund to encourage aliyah from the land of the ayatollahs, is now offering approximately $60,000 to every Jewish family that makes comes to Israel, which will be in addition to the regular absorption basket.

Only a few months ago, the fund decided to grant an incentive of $5,000 to every new immigrant, but this did not persuade Iranian Jews, many of whom are comfortably off, to leave.

The fund has now decided to double the sum for every new immigrant, and to offer $10,000 in the hope that it will persuade Iranian Jews to come to Israel.

If the Jews do decide to come to Israel as whole families, they will also receive thousands more dollars: $2,000 for a head of family and $1,500 for a mother and each of her children. More than $1 million has been invested in the fund, and it is operated by means of one of the major aliyah organizations in Israel. Unconnected with the grants, the new immigrants also receive the regular absorption basket like other immigrants, as well as mortgages on easy terms.

The news of the grant has been published on an Israeli Internet site in Persian, which has been launched in order to convey vital information on the process of aliyah. It has also been reported on Israel Radio’s Persian-language service, and is being passed on by means of various organizations and relatives to Jews in Iran.

Some 20,000 Jews live in Iran, mostly in Tehran. It is the largest remaining Jewish community in the Arab states. According to reports, many of them are comfortably off and free to practise their religion and provide religious education for their children. Given that, most are not interested in leaving Iran. However, Iran’s Jews visit Israel a lot to see their relatives, and Israelis of Iranian origin pay family and business visits there. Iranian Jews who live in the United States also make frequent visits to family in Iran.

“In contrast to the previously laughable sum, we are now talking about a sizeable sum, and if a whole family decides to make aliyah, they will receive tens of thousands of dollars – a serious sum that could really persuade Jews to leave there and come to Israel, and assist in their absorption here,” Ma’ariv was told by sources that are dealing with Iranian immigrants.

Source: NRG Ma’ariv website, Tel Aviv, in Hebrew 8 Jul 07

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 09:39 AM
First off if Ahmadinejad was so bad and so ruthless, why do more than 20,000 Jews live in peace in Iran?

Iran's Jews also have a dedicated seat in parliament to represent thir interests.

tony m
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
In 2010 I had an experience that had me put the effort forth to understand faith and foreign policy.

Faith and Foreign Policy

In January 2010, I’m sitting with two people, one a national activist and the other local. I bring up the Middle East and the local lays out a complete strategy of bombing and occupying country after country in that region. And it is discussed with such precision I am dumbfounded. I responded, “Why?” And to make things short, he states, ‘to satisfy the Bible’. I am further in awe and respond, ‘what do you mean?’ He states that, ‘Israel needs to take over the Middle East so Jesus will come back to earth’. I was absolutely speechless and the only response I could muster was, “I thought Jesus was for peace.”

So I call some folks who I believe know more about this topic than I do. I told them what I experienced and they stated that I just had a conversation with a Christian fundamentalist.

I feel a need to understand more so I spend some time in 2010 trying to grasp some basics of Faith and the Middle East.

I concluded that there is a percentage of Muslims that interprets the Koran, a percentage of Jews that interpret the Torah, and a percentage of Christians that interprets the Bible. Then there are those Muslims, Jews, and Christians that do not interpret. Each faith has their own beliefs. Is the Christian faith better than the Muslim faith? Is it good vs evil? I cannot comment from the Muslim or Jewish point of view because I don’t know it well enough to be able to. However, I am Catholic and do have influence of the Bible.

Anybody who is oppressed uses faith for strength to survive, and power to fight for that survival. I am Polish and faith was a big part of my recent ancestors way to cope. Faith was used in my terms described because Poland and its people were oppressed.

Presently the Arab nations have 100 years of oppression driving their faith. And the Koran interpreters of the Middle East are like Fox news the way they spread mainstream hype.

We have the Christians fearing that Sharia law is going to take over and are using the Bible to counter that.

To me, all the people, from those three faiths, that are interpreting, are in the same boat. They each want their own faith to be the driving force for their foreign policy.

So what is the core cause?

I believe the heart core issue is modern history.

The British intervened through their empire and with the Treaty of Versailles from the late 1800's and early 1900's, which set the stage of conflict that lasts til today.

Israel was established through British order and push. The people that were present on the soil of the middle east at that time, fought against it. That makes sense.

Racism

When I asked people why Israel was "given" land to establish a nation, the responses have been, 'because that is their ancestral homeland and there was genocide performed against them.'

What I conclude from that is, that Native Americans should be "given", let's say, the New England states for them to establish their nation. This is because that is their ancestral homeland and they had genocide performed against them.

They are to be allowed to have nukes and could protect their airspace.

Those that are for Israel being established as a nation in the manner it was, must agree to this plan for the Native American Solution. For those that would not, this would be racism.

The Question

This put me on the spot to have to ask myself, that if I am for Israel getting a complete, real, sovereign nation, then the Native Americans must be given one also. Isn't favoring one race over another, racism?

Faith and Governing

I concluded that there is no separation of church and state for faith interpreters of any faith. Using separation of church and state, a person who uses faith as the basis for foreign policy decisions loses credibility if they also state they believe the Constitution should be followed.

Terrorists

For me, research has the people of the middle east responding. They are the effect, not the cause. It seems the establishment of Israel is the cause.

So what to do?
Getting the answer to the question of the Native Americans parallel with Israel establishment is key.

Korey Kaczynski
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I can see a legit reason why he'd be concerned, though, as Iran probably has done treacherous things towards Israel. The situation could probably resolved diplomatically, though. The advantage of free trade is that it spreads western culture and that makes Israel and the US safer in the long term.

Korey Kaczynski
11-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Iran's Jews also have a dedicated seat in parliament to represent thir interests.

And the youth in Iran HATES Iran's government. IF anything Israel should just capitalize on that. I honestly see Iran as a potential ally in the future if their youth becomes more westernized, which is possible thru free trade and internet activism (like the green revolution).

donnay
11-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I can see a legit reason why he'd be concerned, though, as Iran probably has done treacherous things towards Israel. The situation could probably resolved diplomatically, though. The advantage of free trade is that it spreads western culture and that makes Israel and the US safer in the long term.

Can you name the "treacherous things" that Iran has done to Israel?

Korey Kaczynski
11-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Can you name the "treacherous things" that Iran has done to Israel?

I honestly don't know much about the situation -- I don't really care that much for Israel, I just wish they'd stop influencing our foreign policy and spying on us -- but isn't it well known that Iran has funded Hamas and other groups?

Granted, Israel hasn't exactly been the smartest neighbor in regards to calming tensions with its neighbors. The entire region, to me, are all crazy, petulant children.

lucent
11-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Rafi, Israel always had a special place in God's plan and His heart. More so than ANY country including the USA

The Israeli state does not equal Biblical Israel.

eduardo89
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
The Israeli state does not equal Biblical Israel.

This.

amy31416
11-13-2011, 11:06 AM
And the youth in Iran HATES Iran's government. IF anything Israel should just capitalize on that. I honestly see Iran as a potential ally in the future if their youth becomes more westernized, which is possible thru free trade and internet activism (like the green revolution).

The youth in Iran are quite well-educated, open-minded and wear some of the most kick-ass, stylin' shoes. Call me a typical chick, but that's one of the things I noticed when all those videos came out from the green revolution.

Oh, and if being "Westernized" means that they're a typical Democracy--that ain't really an improvement.

Korey Kaczynski
11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
The youth in Iran are quite well-educated, open-minded and wear some of the most kick-ass, stylin' shoes. Call me a typical chick, but that's one of the things I noticed when all those videos came out from the green revolution.

Oh, and if being "Westernized" means that they're a typical Democracy--that ain't really an improvement.

That's my point! They wear kick-ass shoes that were made in the west!

donnay
11-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I honestly don't know much about the situation -- I don't really care that much for Israel, I just wish they'd stop influencing our foreign policy and spying on us -- but isn't it well known that Iran has funded Hamas and other groups?

Hamas was the creation of Israel.

Source:
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/ZER403A.html

amy31416
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
That's my point! They wear kick-ass shoes that were made in the west!

China is in the West?

Danke
11-13-2011, 11:32 AM
China is in the West?
Duh. U fly west from the US to get there.

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Hamas was the creation of Israel.

Source:
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/ZER403A.html

True, Hamas was created and flourished by Israel to weaken secular PLO and divide Palestinians.

Few weeks ago when PLO's Abbas asked UN to recognize Palestine as an independent state and Abbas was gaining stature at home, within days Israel released over a thousand Hamas demanded prisoners in exchange for one Israeli soldier. That boosted Hamas again and weakened Abbas/PLO as they did not realease any key Fatah prisoners.

Israeli regimes can be very cunning in pursuit of their objectives. Some years back, they sponsored false flag terror attacks against American/British buildings in Egypt with aim to blame it on muslim brotherhood so American/British troops do not withdraw from region. That plot failed and Israeli defense minister Lavon had to resign and then former prime minister David Ben-Gurion took his place. David Ben-Gurion incidentally is great uncle of current CBS President Les Moonves.

Cowlesy
11-13-2011, 11:43 AM
It's none of our damn business what happens over there. We buy oil from there, I don't particularly care if the person we buy oil from believes in what I believe in. Actually, the Saudi royal family is brutally repressive, yet they're our pals.

I like the Scheuer Strategy in regard to the Middle East. Israel thinks that God told Abraham 3,000 years ago that between these survey stakes is land I am giving to you. The fruitball shiites in Iran think they're hailing the return of the 13th Imam or something.

Well they both think God is giving them carte blanche to do what they're doing. Let them see whose God is stronger!

Just keep it all over there please, thanks.

Signed,
Rest of America with enough to worry about here at home

angelatc
11-13-2011, 11:48 AM

They were occupied by the British for so long they're actually the most Westernized country in the Middle East, if you can just get past the government.