PDA

View Full Version : Lets get those 50+ votes!

PWright
11-12-2011, 11:18 PM
This might be in the wrong forum for this, but...

Its become obvious that Ron is never going to get any fair shake from the media and he's not going to get the much needed 50+ vote unless we take the message to them personally!

The following link is a document that my friend and I have been working on for a while now.
It is in 16+ font for easier reading.
It covers:
1) Senior concerns with social security
2) Some introduction to who Ron is and why you've never heard of him.
2) The Fed, His Economic plan, Foreign Policy, War on Drugs and much more!

Use this however you want to.
Print it out to give to the elderly, use it as a goto during conversations, convince your grandparents.
Feel free to modify it as you want to. I cited my sources but my citing is probably not properly done.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SXZhRnFIOknOa0PSeheHl-0bpiK51SAj5QIHt_Oy_t8/edit

european
11-13-2011, 12:30 AM

Its become obvious that Ron is never going to get any fair shake from the media and he's not going to get the much needed 50+ vote unless we take the message to them personally!

The following link is a document that my friend and I have been working on for a while now.
It covers:

Print it out to give to the elderly, use it as a goto during conversations, convince your grandparents.
Feel free to modify it as you want to. I cited my sources but my citing is probably not properly done.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SXZhRnFIOknOa0PSeheHl-0bpiK51SAj5QIHt_Oy_t8/edit

Welcome to the RPforums PWright. That is a very nice first post! +rep :)
It is good to see that you get going after another MSM black-out. This is how we will win.

I read all pages of the document and if I may give you a suggestion: maybe add some information about pensions. Dr. Paul has spoken a lot about the pensions. If it is targeted at the elderly, then pensions could be highlighted more in my opinion. It could follow right after the part about inflation. And that the fixed incomes will be hurt most because the inflation will get even worse now the FED is creating even more funny money.

And another point that could be added to give dr Paul more credibility is to summarize all strawpolls, and show who got most votes ;) There is a thread about it somewhere on this forum (click here to go to that post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318511-Ron-Paul-is-1-in-the-Cumulative-Straw-Poll-Tally-from-all-the-2011-Straw-Polls&highlight=straw+polls)). It needs an update though!

sailingaway
11-13-2011, 12:47 AM

It covers:

Welcome to the forums! I agree this is an important area and it is vital we get his position out about it.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
I like it, but don't call him "Libertarian" up front like that -- especially for the Republican Primary. That will turn senior GOP primary voters off.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't justify drug legalization in any way, shape, or form for seniors. Just say Ron Paul will leave it to the states because the Federal Constitution leaves it to the states, and the states will keep them illegal. And leave it at that. Justifying why drugs should be legal will turn seniors off.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 01:06 AM
It's good info, the two suggestions I had I made. Believe me when I say that ANY talk about why drugs aren't really so bad will send the 50+ crowd running for the hills. If they believe that the states will maintain the status quo of drugs being illegal, that will comfort them. For most states, it happens to be true that most states WILL maintain the status quo for pretty much the duration of their lives. So don't try to justify why drugs aren't so bad, just make it that the Constitution explicitly leaves drug policy to the States, where current laws will remain in effect and drop the subject.

revgen
11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
^I think you're being a bit too sensitive. The over 50 crowd are baby-boomers. Even if they don't agree with you, you can at least have an intelligent conversation with them about drugs.

If you're talking about 65+, then I can understand your point.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 02:00 AM
^I think you're being a bit too sensitive. The over 50 crowd are baby-boomers. Even if they don't agree with you, you can at least have an intelligent conversation with them about drugs.

If you're talking about 65+, then I can understand your point.

How many 50+ crowd outside your own sphere have you talked to about the drug war?

revgen
11-13-2011, 02:05 AM
How many 50+ crowd outside your own sphere have you talked to about the drug war?

Plenty. Both conservative and liberal. Teachers, neighbors, parents, etc. If they are baby boomers, you can discuss drugs with them and they'll listen to you whether they agree with you or not. In fact, many of those over 50 are using medical marijuana here in Cali. These are the people who were part of the Sex, Drugs, Rock 'h Roll generation.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Plenty. Both conservative and liberal. Teachers, neighbors, parents, etc. If they are baby boomers, you can discuss drugs with them and they'll listen to you whether they agree with you or not. In fact, many of those over 50 are using medical marijuana here in Cali. These are the people who were part of the Sex, Drugs, Rock 'h Roll generation.

Oooook Good luck with that. As someone who has talked to thousands of the 50+ crowd Republican voters (liberals don't matter in a GOP primary, sorry) and won my election because of it, I'm saying it's a bad idea.

revgen
11-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Oooook Good luck with that. As someone who has talked to thousands of the 50+ crowd Republican voters (liberals don't matter in a GOP primary, sorry) and won my election because of it, I'm saying it's a bad idea.

Well, you're in North Carolina.

California may be different.

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Well, you're in North Carolina.

California may be different.

California probably is different. This wan't billed as a California only document though. ;) You'll find that more states are like NC than CA though.

PWright
11-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I was torn on the drugs topic.

I tried to arrange the document so that it got more controversial as it went on, so i put foreign policy and the war on drugs at the end.

I was hoping that the first couple topics would start them questioning what they believed, so as they read more, they become more open to reading and giving the idea a chance.

We've been working on and off on this for about two months and every time we finish we think of more stuff to add to it. We figured if i kept going this way we'd never be done with it, so we just posted it for others to take and use.

The elderly watch tv and read, so I figured lets give them something to read!

wstrucke
11-13-2011, 07:57 AM
I was talking to a senior relative last night and apparently she's been watching the debates and likes what she hears, but she didn't know if she could support Ron Paul because of what she heard about him, namely that:
* He wants the States to do everything and get rid of the Federal Government
* He wants to get rid of Congress and the courts
* He wants to get rid of taxes

I can see how all of these things were misinterpreted, but it's scary how effective the MSM is.