PDA

View Full Version : John McCain agrees with Paul: Waterboarding IS torture.

tfurrh
11-12-2011, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjn5cKQHQg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GOP, don't let the media convince you that Ron Paul is 'fringe.' He's running on the same foreign policy that George Bush won with, and saying the same thing regarding waterboarding that John McCain won with.

Campaign blog by Jack Hunter: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/12/ron-paul-is-a-reagan-republican-on-torture/

tfurrh
11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Bumping this, and I dont care that it's a self-bump. This is a good resource & reminder for anyone visiting post-debate.

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM
except that we don't really LIKE being associated with John McCain....

coastie
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
except that we don't really LIKE being associated with John McCain....

On this issue we do, as McCain is pretty rock solid on his view on torture for some reason, and he's respected by some Repubs for this reason alone, believe it or not.

Let us not forget also that Gov. Jesse Ventura has also been water boarded and says it is torture, as do a host of other high profile veterans. I'm busy writing a paper right now, or I'd look for that video where the Governor was about to go all Frogman on that weasel on Fox and Friends over this very subject, lol.

ETA:

I thought it disgusting again that there was such applause for torture at all of these debates. My neighbor across the street is just south of 90 yr old I believe-WW2 Infantry vet. This explains his replacing his Ron Paul 08 sign with McCains once he got the nomination, McCain was the only other one saying it was all torture...

tfurrh
11-12-2011, 11:54 PM
McCain is pretty rock solid on his view on torture for some reason
McCain was severely tortured as a POW.

ZanZibar
11-13-2011, 11:53 AM
A broken clock is right twice a day.

coastie
11-13-2011, 11:55 AM
McCain was severely tortured as a POW.

I know, sarcasm.:p

sailingaway
11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
On this issue we do, as McCain is pretty rock solid on his view on torture for some reason, and he's respected by some Repubs for this reason alone, believe it or not.

Let us not forget also that Gov. Jesse Ventura has also been water boarded and says it is torture, as do a host of other high profile veterans. I'm busy writing a paper right now, or I'd look for that video where the Governor was about to go all Frogman on that weasel on Fox and Friends over this very subject, lol.

ETA:

I thought it disgusting again that there was such applause for torture at all of these debates. My neighbor across the street is just south of 90 yr old I believe-WW2 Infantry vet. This explains his replacing his Ron Paul 08 sign with McCains once he got the nomination, McCain was the only other one saying it was all torture...

McCain was NOT rock solid. He flipped and was ok with it during the last presidential campaign, losing what respect I had for him. When he wasn't running for president, he flipped back. Apparently there is a price on his principles, at whatever level.

moderate libertarian
11-13-2011, 12:19 PM
So I propose that to make sure that they are being truthful in their answers, at the end of every GOP debate, Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann should be non-tortured by debate moderators. Then market those debates as enhanced debates.

tfurrh
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/12/ron-paul-is-a-reagan-republican-on-torture/

specsaregood
11-13-2011, 02:38 PM
So I propose that to make sure that they are being truthful in their answers, at the end of every GOP debate, Romney, Perry, Cain, Bachmann should be non-tortured by debate moderators. Then market those debates as enhanced debates.

I'd wager that if I waterboarded santorum enough i could get him to say that he was both gay and a pedophile.

klamath
11-13-2011, 02:43 PM
McCain was NOT rock solid. He flipped and was ok with it during the last presidential campaign, losing what respect I had for him. When he wasn't running for president, he flipped back. Apparently there is a price on his principles, at whatever level.
Do you have a source for that flip? I heard specifically him say he wasn't for it at the debates last time.