PDA

View Full Version : The only way for Ron Paul to get more AIRTIME

joeybpca
11-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Hello friends,

I would just like to relay to you an extremely important matter in regards to campaigning for Ron Paul. I hope this will hit home for you.

It's already obvious to everyone how Ron Paul is getting treated in the media. Clearly obvious. And everyone just keeps repeating it, and repeating it, and repeating it. The message from disgruntled Ron Paul supporters is all the same. Listen clearly for one sec, if everyone keeps repeating that Ron Paul is not getting any coverage, then how do you expect him to ever get some?

If you want to change things, i.e. create a momentum for Ron Paul to get A LOT of news coverage, you must create a message of demanding Ron Paul gets more coverage in debates and the media.

If a strong unified message from the Ron Paul supporters stormed up as "MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME" it would be unstoppable. Take a second to think about that. It would be unstoppable, the media would have to address it. Everyone would keep seeing that message everywhere and they would take note of it.
We're all here to support a candidate that we believe and we want this to be a fair shot. This has to happen. We need to focus on what we do want for this to happen.

MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME

Can't you just feel how powerful that message wants to get out and just scream at everyone???

Coin that slogan and get it going, get it trending on twitter, start a facebook group, start a stickied thread in the Ron Paul forums.......If you do this, you would have surely changed history.

joeybpca
11-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Emailing the news media and asking them why they didn't give Ron Paul more time is a good effort, but its almost a rhetorical question.

You already know why. IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT, IT STARTS WITH US. START THE MESSAGE NOW.

nayjevin
11-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Good thought. Bump

freeforall
11-12-2011, 11:35 PM
+rep

hazek
11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Hello friends,

I would just like to relay to you an extremely important matter in regards to campaigning for Ron Paul. I hope this will hit home for you.

It's already obvious to everyone how Ron Paul is getting treated in the media. Clearly obvious. And everyone just keeps repeating it, and repeating it, and repeating it. The message from disgruntled Ron Paul supporters is all the same. Listen clearly for one sec, if everyone keeps repeating that Ron Paul is not getting any coverage, then how do you expect him to ever get some?

If you want to change things, i.e. create a momentum for Ron Paul to get A LOT of news coverage, you must create a message of demanding Ron Paul gets more coverage in debates and the media.

If a strong unified message from the Ron Paul supporters stormed up as "MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME" it would be unstoppable. Take a second to think about that. It would be unstoppable, the media would have to address it. Everyone would keep seeing that message everywhere and they would take note of it.
We're all here to support a candidate that we believe and we want this to be a fair shot. This has to happen. We need to focus on what we do want for this to happen.

MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME

Can't you just feel how powerful that message wants to get out and just scream at everyone???

Coin that slogan and get it going, get it trending on twitter, start a facebook group, start a stickied thread in the Ron Paul forums.......If you do this, you would have surely changed history.

Don't be naive OP :rolleyes:

The MSM is owned by the status quo. Why would they ever give someone like Ron airtime and effectivly shoot their owners in the foot?

Here, I'll try to put this real clear for you:

THE MSM WILL NEVER, EVER GIVE RON FAIR COVERAGE IN AN ELECTION

EVER.......................

Diashi
11-13-2011, 01:16 AM

The MSM is owned by the status quo. Why would they ever give someone like Ron airtime and effectivly shoot their owners in the foot?

I agree.

The media have an agenda. That won't change.
The media are like a current pushing against us. You can't get mad at a river and expect it to flow in the opposite direction. You have to cut through it.

If there's a magic bullet to success, I don't know of it. The only potential solution I can see is to continue drilling Iowa and Hew Hampshire. That's where we'll have some worthwhile success.

Hobez
11-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah I posted a thread about OCCUPY THE MEDIA but..... no one cares about that. If you really want to make a change, go where ever the media goes it can be anything. Shove a Ron Paul sign in their camera view.

hb6102
11-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Did anyone notice the timing of Ron's last four tweets, they were while he was on stage. Do you think he seriously got so bored that he started tweeting his answers?

wowrevolution
11-13-2011, 04:03 AM
The media is a corporation of yes men. They do what their boss wants and promote who the boss says to promote. Those bosses are intimately connected with the good ole boy club and aren't going to support a candidate that would remove them from power.

You have to either change the power at the top or create a new media that will render the old media irrelevant and show the, for the trolls they are.

Simple
11-13-2011, 04:44 AM
Did anyone notice the timing of Ron's last four tweets, they were while he was on stage. Do you think he seriously got so bored that he started tweeting his answers?

Really? That's one way to get past the media filter. Link for the twitter illiterate?

InTradePro
11-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Hello friends,

MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME

Truth.

Travlyr
11-13-2011, 07:35 AM

Never EVER... Ever. Counterfeiting pays BIG BUCKS and buys POWER. They are NOT going to GIVE that POWER away. EVER.

georgiaboy
11-13-2011, 07:39 AM
probably don't need to ask for more. Just ask for equal time in comparison with other candidates.

joeybpca
11-13-2011, 08:12 AM
To all of you who responded positively to the message, thank you very much it means a lot.

To the few who believe you are powerless, I hope that that changes and you begin to believe in your own power and the power of a unified group to get their message out.

Now my only question is, who is going to actually spread the message now?

MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME

Can I get some help from a moderator please? Sticky?

hazek
11-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Trying to change the media today is like going back to 1939 and trying to change Goebbels Nazi propaganda media.

Basically you couldn't be wasting your time and energy on a more futile task.

justatrey
11-13-2011, 09:31 AM

This. I know OP has good intentions, but don't you know we've been demanding more airtime since 2007?

The best thing we can do to get more airtime is donate. This allows the campaign to directly buy the airtime they aren't given. Also, we need to do everything we can to win Iowa and Ron Paul has personally told us that the #1 thing we can do is donate. Period. If we win Iowa, believe me, he will get more airtime. Just don't expect it to be fair!

nayjevin
11-13-2011, 09:34 AM
We shall see. I wouldn't be surprised to see some organic blowback from last night's farce. A good point was made that all we really need is equal time. With competition, the best man will win.

Perot had real success playing the underdog card. He bought equal time - infomercials. And many, many people made it a part of their schedule to watch. What's the infomercial of 2012? Hmmmm

nayjevin
11-13-2011, 09:35 AM
don't you know we've been demanding more airtime since 2007?

This is different, the suggestion is to rally around the phrase such that it cannot be ignored. 'Who is John Galt'

Steve-in-NY
11-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Instead of writing emails to the media write an email explaining why you support Ron Paul and imploring the reader to look into him and send it to every one in your contact list

FA.Hayek
11-13-2011, 09:45 AM
channel your anger into donating money to to the campaign and joining the Phone from Home program!! Iowa is so close and we have so much left to do!

joeybpca
11-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Actually,

God Bless all of you who are humble enough to listen to the message of Hope.

Travlyr
11-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Actually,

YOU havn't been demanding more airtime for Ron Paul since 2007. You've been complaining, whining, and declaring to all of your friends, your television set, your family members, and co-workers that Ron Paul has been getting screwed by the media. And in the process you have only added to that energy. Then you come here and reinforce your statements in big bold letters. Well done sir.

To all the ones who hear the call, and are actually interested in HELPING Ron Paul's cause. Please let go of your grudge with the media and promote the message MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME.

Then you will see Ron Paul getting more airtime. Then we will shall see who America choses.

The End.

God Bless all of you who are humble enough to listen to the message of Hope.
It is not a grudge with the media. It is an understanding. Some of us KNOW who and what controls people. The media is protecting an unconstitutional power elite counterfeiting cabal. The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 gave them power and control. They own the media. What you are offering is akin to taking a knife to a gunfight.

justatrey
11-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Actually,

YOU havn't been demanding more airtime for Ron Paul since 2007. You've been complaining, whining, and declaring to all of your friends, your television set, your family members, and co-workers that Ron Paul has been getting screwed by the media. And in the process you have only added to that energy. Then you come here and reinforce your statements in big bold letters. Well done sir.

To all the ones who hear the call, and are actually interested in HELPING Ron Paul's cause. Please let go of your grudge with the media and promote the message MORE RON PAUL AIRTIME.

Now you're sort of talking down to us and just being disrespectful. How would you know what anyone has been doing since 2007? All of the energy you see focused on the mainstream media isn't about whining; it's about turning the anger generated into something positive for the campaign. Also, it's important to educate those who aren't aware of the bias so that they can see through the bullshit. This is why we inform our friends, family, and co-workers about what is going on.

Ron Paul has said the #1 thing we can do to help him win is give him money. Black This Out raised over 2 million for the campaign. That's not about whining. We're not just sitting around and feeling sorry for ourselves about it. We're doing exactly what Ron Paul keeps asking us to do.

You want to help the campaign?

#1 Donate as much as you possibly can
#2 Phone from home

Everything else is extra credit.

wowrevolution
11-13-2011, 12:03 PM
For every dollar we spend on advertisements the other candidates get a $100 in free advertisement under the guise of the corporations free speech rights.

affa
11-13-2011, 12:27 PM
The media won't change. This 'rallying cry' would be spun so fast into a meme that we are 'whining' it'll give you whiplash.

the reason it worked when Jon Stewart said it was because it was Jon Stewart. Look at the negative press Bachman is getting over that email... endless calls to just 'go away' in every comment section.

The media is not our friend, they are our enemy. They are running plays designed to minimize the chance of Ron Paul gaining too much traction. Emailing them for more airtime is like emailing the opposing team not to try to sack us anymore.

LEK
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
We have to win without or rather despite the media.

Let them make fools of themselves - they are really good at it - especially when they try to back-peddle.
Selling one's soul to the devil has consequences.

joeybpca
11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I appreciate the response. I just wanted to make clear, I wasn't advocating sending emails to the media. I was responding to someone else's post who had mentioned we should email the press. If you read what I said, I was trying to make clear that asking them questions was kinda pointless.

All I'm advocating for is the slogan "More Ron Paul Airtime" say it in your house, post it on your FB, write it on a piece of paper and leave it on a desk, lol.
Just focus on that idea if you are interested..

papitosabe
11-16-2011, 01:25 AM

if that's true, that would be so BOSS!!! could you imagine...that would definitely need to get out...just think, massive tweets from supporters saying, "watch the debate, paul's tweeting his answers during the questioning since they're trying to black him out"....

freeforall
11-16-2011, 01:34 AM
if that's true, that would be so BOSS!!! could you imagine...that would definitely need to get out...just think, massive tweets from supporters saying, "watch the debate, paul's tweeting his answers during the questioning since they're trying to black him out"....

does he do his own tweets? he certainly would not during a debate, would he? maybe during commercial breaks!

papitosabe
11-16-2011, 01:43 AM
does he do his own tweets? he certainly would not during a debate, would he? maybe during commercial breaks!

I doubt but could you imagine a debate where he does this? You know Mitt or Rick would be the first one to call him out and say something like, "it seems like Ron Paul has more important things to do like texting, rather than to blah blah blah the people of the United States of America." Then Ron Paul would say, "No, I'm just tweeting my responses to the questions since it looks like the media wants to keep blacking me out" ...my god, everyone would start following his tweets...everyone...

freeforall
11-16-2011, 02:08 AM
I doubt but could you imagine a debate where he does this? You know Mitt or Rick would be the first one to call him out and say something like, "it seems like Ron Paul has more important things to do like texting, rather than to blah blah blah the people of the United States of America." Then Ron Paul would say, "No, I'm just tweeting my responses to the questions since it looks like the media wants to keep blacking me out" ...my god, everyone would start following his tweets...everyone...

it's not a bad idea, really. ron should not be tweeting the answers himself, but i'm sure someone on his staff could sit in the audience and tweet his responses on his behalf during the debate.

papitosabe
11-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Also, it's important to educate those who aren't aware of the bias so that they can see through the bullshit.

I agree, I was one of those blinded, and yes, I'd fallen for the manipulation and smooth talk of Obama. I tell you, the one forum that most educated me (and still have much to learn) is through youtube. I think some of those videos could be chopped into a very smooth campaign commercial, and not one of those typical campaign commercials. But something that looks like you're online watching a youtube video. I showed a friend a few this weekend and he was pretty much in aw. Said he's start looking into him. My parents were the "I don't even want to hear about a republican (including myself), completely changed their tune after me showing them youtube videos. Everytime my dad hears Ron Paul talked about on TV now, you would think he was at a rally. The power of youtube, imo, is by far, one of the most influential areas of knowledge right now. Mix that with a short 30 second TV commercial that gets your hair raising, and you get tons more RP followers.

papitosabe
11-16-2011, 02:45 AM
it's not a bad idea, really. ron should not be tweeting the answers himself, but i'm sure someone on his staff could sit in the audience and tweet his responses on his behalf during the debate.

sorry, I meant him tweeting whenever he wasn't asked questions... but not even sure he could tweet that fast... of course that would never happen, but it would definitely get some media time for sure....lol