PDA

View Full Version : CA-Democrat US congressman wants NSA (and God knows who else) to spy for pot farms.

Anti Federalist
11-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Another nail in the coffin of Posse Comitatus.

Thompson wants spy agencies in pot fight

Congressman pushes legislation for intelligence chief's help in targeting marijuana plots

By ANDREW BECKER and MICHAEL MONTGOMERY
CALIFORNIA WATCH

Published: Friday, November 11, 2011 at 4:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, November 11, 2011 at 2:20 p.m.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20111111/ARTICLES/111111065/1350?tc=ar

If North Coast Rep. Mike Thompson gets his way, the nation's spymaster will join the fight against Mexican drug traffickers and others who use federal land in California and elsewhere to grow marijuana.

Thompson, D-St. Helena, authored a provision of the 2012 intelligence authorization bill that calls on Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to report on how intelligence agencies can help park rangers, fish and wildlife wardens and other U.S. land managers weed out pot gardens operated by foreign drug traffickers.

The bill, now before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, also directs Clapper to consult with public land managers to identify intelligence and information-sharing gaps related to drug trafficking. The House passed the bill, HR 1892, in September.

The National Security Agency could be assigned, on a limited basis, to intercept public two-way radio communications. The CIA would not be involved.

(Of course they wouldn't. Why would agency running the show spy on itself? - :rolleyes: - AF)

Aratus
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
!!!

dannno
11-15-2011, 06:21 PM
My landlord (a relatively large property management company) recently noticed the small (medical) cannabis grow I have going on in my garage during a semi-annual inspection, despite our attempts to hide it.

In the letter back to us they said that they noticed a small cannabis grow in the garage and said that they aren't there to police the property but to make sure that all applicable laws and safety codes are followed.

It was awesome.

oyarde
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Caly Dems are pretty much commies , what do they have against weed ? except the fact they are not getting a profit from it .... ?