PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newtmentum: Gingrich camp reports fundraising surge

RonPaulFanInGA
11-12-2011, 02:37 PM
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/11/12/newtmentum-gingrich-camp-reports-fundraising-surge/

The campaign brought in $250,000 in the past 24 hours, setting its one-day fundraising record, spokesman R.C. Hammond said Friday.

Much of the spurt in support is credited to Gingrich’s performance in recent debates winning praise from many analysts.

Following Wednesday night’s CBNC debate focusing on the economy, the Gingrich camp said it saw donations of $160,000 in the first 24 hours.

The fundraising spike will help the campaign erase its debt of nearly $1.2 million, which it reported for the quarter that ended Sept. 30.

Ron Paul raises over $600,000 yesterday = not worth a story.

But Gingrich raising a campaign record of $250,000? Write up an article!

bluesc
11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Them ignoring Ron's fundraising is to be expected. They will do the same for the Tea Party moneybomb.

I wonder how much of Newt's money came from lobbyists and high roller fundraisers?

ShaneEnochs
11-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Them ignoring Ron's fundraising is to be expected. They will do the same for the Tea Party moneybomb.

I wonder how much of Newt's money came from lobbyists and high roller fundraisers?

I would say quite a bit. It's nearly impossible to get excited by Newt, so I doubt that he has a whole lot of individual donors.

NeoconTea
11-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I would say quite a bit. It's nearly impossible to get excited by Newt, so I doubt that he has a whole lot of individual donors.
You would be surprised. The media has been brainwashing people with the concept of him being "smart", "the ideas guy", and whatnot for a long time. It doesn't matter that most of his ideas are bad ones. They've created the appeal in Newt.

Brett85
11-12-2011, 03:13 PM
My dad is one of those who very recently donated money to Newt. Newt seems to be gaining a lot of support from the life long Republican types.

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Enough to pay of the one million in debt, I think it was, that he had at the end of the last quarter?

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:19 PM
My dad is one of those who very recently donated money to Newt. Newt seems to be gaining a lot of support from the life long Republican types.

does your Dad remember that he came out for TARP pushed something very like Obamacare including an individual health insurance mandate, pushed for global warming regulations etc? Or is he just having fond memories of the days Before Bush?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
does your Dad remember that he came out for TARP

They all were for TARP.

Romney was for TARP
Cain was for TARP
Gingrich was for TARP
Perry was for TARP
Palin and Pawlenty, when they were still relevant in this race, were for TARP

For all the squealing like stuck pigs the Republican base did over TARP in 2008 and 2010, they sure look good and ready to nominate a bailout shill.

Wren
11-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I wonder how anyone who calls themselves conservative could donate to a candidate who has accumulated more than 1m in debt - the very thing they are trying to reduce if elected. I will never understand the GOP.

Brett85
11-12-2011, 04:42 PM
does your Dad remember that he came out for TARP pushed something very like Obamacare including an individual health insurance mandate, pushed for global warming regulations etc? Or is he just having fond memories of the days Before Bush?

More than anything, he thinks that he would just tear Obama up in a debate, which is probably true. He probably doesn't agree with all of the positions that Gingrich has taken, but he wouldn't ever consider voting for Ron, because of his positions on foreign policy issues. Unfortunately, a large number of Republicans are like that.

lucent
11-12-2011, 07:37 PM

Uh did you tell him he supports federally funded abortions, universal health care and carbon credits?

More than anything, he thinks that he would just tear Obama up in a debate, which is probably true. He probably doesn't agree with all of the positions that Gingrich has taken, but he wouldn't ever consider voting for Ron, because of his positions on foreign policy issues. Unfortunately, a large number of Republicans are like that.

Not supporting all the positions is an understatement. The only thing he probably agrees with is the foreign policy. Newt is a more slimy version of Mitt Romney. Why doesn't he just support Mitt?

Btw, the object isn't necessarily to convince all these types of people to support Ron Paul, but to put facts on the table so their support for the RINOs is softened.