PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is on front page google news, but not for his policies, of course

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM
http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn

scroll down, first item under 'US'

here is the direct link address in case it falls off the page http://news.google.com/news/url?ct2=us%2F2_0_s_0_1_a&sa=t&usg=AFQjCNFSkrzGk2sRh4MBiTJ4AIerHunmEA&cid=8797770669214&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fhostednews%2Fap% 2Farticle%2FALeqM5jdCSmjlK2VKpok_QJw3J6UioZbqg%3Fd ocId%3Df78cbd6d6e814bb999a2634bb41ecc04&ei=EtW-TuCkE-PhiALmBg&rt=HOMEPAGE&vm=STANDARD&bvm=section&did=-6547286214589277205&sid=en_us-n

low preference guy
11-12-2011, 02:26 PM
i think google news might show different in different computers. i'm seeing three RP articles in your link.

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 02:27 PM
huh. I wish I were seeing three Paul stories in my link.....

low preference guy
11-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the direct link.

Just FYI, I see this:

Ron Paul says I told you so during Exeter visit
FOREIGN POLICY DOSSIER: Ron Paul
Ron Paul kicks off 'Veterans Day' money bomb

Apparently I added a RP section.

bluesc
11-12-2011, 02:29 PM
It's AP, which means it will be everywhere. I think it will make him look good, and it points out that he wants to eliminate 5 departments, and mentions his veterans rally :)

ross11988
11-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Was it just me or did Ron Paul see Perry confused and tried to be a gentlemen by trying to change the subject to Ron's plan, but Perry didn't see that and continued to embarrass himself?

KingRobbStark
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Was it just me or did Ron Paul see Perry confused and tried to be a gentlemen by trying to change the subject to Ron's plan, but Perry didn't see that and continued to embarrass himself?

Are you sure you're in the right thread? You're kinda off topic.

low preference guy
11-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Are you sure you're in the right thread? You're kinda off topic.

The poster you're quoting is talking about Ron Paul's comments in the article linked in the OP.

TCE
11-12-2011, 02:48 PM

I got the same impression. Ron was trying to be a nice guy and Perry kept digging himself deeper and deeper.

Whenever I see these negative articles/titles, I think of this: What would we think if the media all of a sudden was pushing Ron mercilessly and anointing him the chosen candidate? That would scare me greatly at this point. Food for thought.

CaptainAmerica
11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I hate the new google news layout,its invasive on the mind.

pauliticalfan
11-12-2011, 02:59 PM
"I said: 'You know, we all do that, you know,'" Paul said. "But I said: 'You're not supposed to do it on national television.'"

LOL

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I got the same impression. Ron was trying to be a nice guy and Perry kept digging himself deeper and deeper.

Whenever I see these negative articles/titles, I think of this: What would we think if the media all of a sudden was pushing Ron mercilessly and anointing him the chosen candidate? That would scare me greatly at this point. Food for thought.

first Ron just 'gave him a moment' by saying he himself wanted to cut five, then couldn't tell Perry which of the five Perry was leaving out but guessed 'HUD'? just before Romney weighed in with 'EPA'. Watch the youtube, it is Romney, not Paul who says EPA, despite those stories saying Ron tried to throw Perry off with that and that Romney was the helpful one. Gratuitous spin, since they were all trying to help, Perry was clearly dying out there.

european
11-12-2011, 03:00 PM
"But when he talked about three departments, the thing that flashed through my mind was, 'But I'm for five.' That's why I held up five fingers. Only three?" Paul said.

Paul has heaped plenty of criticism on Perry, the Texas governor, and did so again during Wednesday's debate. But Paul said he offered sympathy as the candidates left the stage.

"I said: 'You know, we all do that, you know,'" Paul said. "But I said: 'You're not supposed to do it on national television.'"

HAHAHAHAHA

source:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jdCSmjlK2VKpok_QJw3J6UioZbqg?docId=f78cbd6d6 e814bb999a2634bb41ecc04
Paul says he wasn't trying to embarrass Perry
By JIM DAVENPORT, Associated Press – 1 hour ago
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Ron Paul said he didn't mean to embarrass fellow Texan Rick Perry when Perry forgot, during a debate, one of the three federal agencies he wants to abolish.
Paul held up five fingers as Perry groped for words, and the video has been viewed thousands of times online since Wednesday's Republican debate.
Paul, a Texas congressman, said in an interview Saturday with The Associated Press that he wasn't piling on and that Perry had "a human reaction." Paul said he was trying to bring up his own proposal to abolish five federal agencies.
"But when he talked about three departments, the thing that flashed through my mind was, 'But I'm for five.' That's why I held up five fingers. Only three?" Paul said.
Paul has heaped plenty of criticism on Perry, the Texas governor, and did so again during Wednesday's debate. But Paul said he offered sympathy as the candidates left the stage.
Paul spoke to a crowd of more than 200 Saturday at a veterans event in Spartanburg, where he and Perry and other GOP candidates were appearing at a debate on foreign policy in the evening.
Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:13 PM

If they do it at all it will be timed so their follow up 'take down' is too close to the caucus/primary to get the responding story line out. That is what I am expecting, again, if they allow it at all.

NorfolkPCSolutions
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
"Ron Paul said he didn't mean to embarrass fellow Texan Rick Perry..."

Yeah, AP, it's all Ron Paul's fault that Rick Perry appears to have been under the influence of barbiturates before the debate. What a crock. AP, you imbeciles! If Perry cannot tell a lie with a straight face, and the only honest man on the stage attempts to help him out anyway...

TCE
11-12-2011, 03:14 PM
first Ron just 'gave him a moment' by saying he himself wanted to cut five, then couldn't tell Perry which of the five Perry was leaving out but guessed 'HUD'? just before Romney weighed in with 'EPA'. Watch the youtube, it is Romney, not Paul who says EPA, despite those stories saying Ron tried to throw Perry off with that and that Romney was the helpful one. Gratuitous spin, since they were all trying to help, Perry was clearly dying out there.

You are correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmoK82BCJMs

SwordOfLiberty+4
11-12-2011, 04:02 PM
We all know Paul caused Perry to forget... it was a Jedi Mind Trick... You can see Paul glance beyond Perry just before he forgets the third one ;)

torchbearer
11-12-2011, 04:07 PM
I asked google to have a whole section dedicated to ron paul, and thus, when i open google news, i have a ron paul section.