PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Strategy

Forty Twice
11-12-2011, 02:24 PM
This message was intended as a response on another thread. It is too long for that now. Hope you find it helpful. I'm new here.

We should be very careful when commenting on other candidates' sites. That's their passionate supporters' place to communicate and we should probably stay out. You won't catch any flies with vinegar. On MSM news comment sites, we should make our case strongly in a dignified manner. Vulgarity and personal attacks give Ron Paul supporters a bad name.

As far as online polls, I say vote them so high for Ron Paul that they get pulled. This concept of shutting down polls because
one answer is too popular is unprecedented. Where else has this ever happened? It has to be embarrassing to MSM and other
campaigns. Force them to write silly disclaimers or rationale for pulling polls down. Take screenshots of those polls so you have
evidence after they are pulled. Show these to friends. Get them to say, "Hmmmmm" for a second or two. Bombard the MSM site
with complaints at how pulling polls shows their bias.

For online polls that leave Ron Paul out, we should vote for the lowest polling individual (Huntsman was mentioned in a Tea Party poll on another current thread.) If we can all agree on a proxy, that is even better. When an online poll shows Huntsman taking half
the votes, it will shine more light on their farce. MSM is belittling online polls and straw polls as being irrelevant since big-name polls show such a difference. I believe the big-name polls are mostly correct, but they are measuring passive sentiment. Online polls,
straw polls, and donor statistics measure active or passionate sentiment. Two very different things.

Other candidates' passionate supporters who participate in these polls will note the hypocrisy. It must be demoralizing for them. Maybe some will wake up and reconsider? They are not that different from us. They are thinkers. But, like us, they have
intellectual pride and you should not approach them directly. You must let them save face. It is best to let them "discover" Ron
Paul.

The powers that be (PTB, ~.001%) have the MSM as their primary weapon and they are used to winning with it. It sure has
caused us tremendous damage. It still may win the day. It is the weapon we must figure out how to nullify.

The rEVOLution's great advantage is an overwhelmingly more palatable set of positions on the big issues. I think the PTB have
overreached.

The majority of voters would not have bailed out the bankers. They would not have attacked Iraq. They would have nabbed
Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora and left Afghanistan shortly afterward. They would not have passed the Patriot Act or created TSA. They would not be pushing more regressive income taxing methods. At a point of financial insolvency (SP ratings cut), they would prefer to keep benefits for the elderly rather than blow another $ trillion or so fighting Iran.

I believe, like Ron was saying last night, that we are in good position having more than 10% of the population on board. We are
thought leaders and he knows it. To be a thought leader depends on personality and so much on socio-economic variables. Our
10% is pretty well distributed throughout the population. We are the 10-20% minority in small groups where we can use our
individual influence. We have co-workers, families, and friends who will listen to us. That is where we fight. In those small groups
that give us honest consideration on par with what they give Rush, Drudge, Bill O'Reilly, etc.

I'm not sure how to deal with fellow parishioners. It seems the strongest anti-Paul sentiment comes from my more church-going
associates. On top of MSM, it feels like church leaderships have been co-opted by PTB and influence people against Ron Paul.
Different from MSM, they will change message if they see their flocks moving too far astray.

Most of the 90% who are not on board are obviously not very passionate for the other candidates. Passionate Romney supporters
do vote for Romney in online polls. We see for every 10 of us, there is about 1 passionate Romney supporter. And another 3
passionate Cain supporters. Maybe 2 passionate Gingrich supporters this week. If there were many passionate Romney, Gingrich,
Cain, etc supporters, MSM would never have to take down a poll. But the truth is their policies are so unpopular that they can't
gather passionate voter support any more.

The battle over that 85% in between is happening now. Do they listen to Rush, Bill O'Reilley, Drudgereport? Or for the less involved do they listen to CNN? They may barely know who Ron Paul is. They may have heard someone say "bat shit crazy" and tuned out
long ago. But they know you you are not "bat shit crazy". You can show them how many people donate to Paul compared to
others. You can show them how soldiers and employees of productive companies support Ron Paul. Romney is financed by
investment bankers. Goldman Sachs being #1 contributor is especially poisonous because people have already been conditioned to
hate them. You can send links describing MSM online polls that have been taken down. You can send links pointing out how Ron is
ignored by MSM. Chip away at the credibility of MSM.

The 85% have spent their lives coloring between the lines MSM has drawn for them. MSM is not going to decide tomorrow that Ron Paul is within the lines. So MSM must be de-ligitmized somewhat before the 85% will cross those lines. Every time you point out a
Ron Paul position they support, follow it up with, "Bet you didn't hear about that on TV" or "Do you think Rush would tell you that?" Become more credible than MSM. Ask them why does MSM treat Ron Paul this way. Has he said or done anything to justify such
poor treatment? There must be some reason the MSM isn't telling you about. Something they unaminously agree upon and are
hiding. Why trust them if they have something to hide?

Our chances are better than ever. I've noticed it's OK to walk around and proudly proclaim your support for Ron Paul. You had to
be quiet last time around. Nobody's proudly proclaiming their support for Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman. There is some vocal support for Gingrich and Cain in my area. Cain's fallen a lot after the pro-life flip-flop. Gingrich is just now getting that
new flavor of the month buzz.

Now is the time to strike in a war of 30 million micro-battles. Our contingent is typically just one or two people in each micro-battle.Our enemy is mainly MSM and their messages. The territory we are fighting over is the voting preferences of the 85%. Sites like
this should store rhetorical tools (web-links, screenshots, etc.) that we can easily send to our friends, co-workers, and family as
needed.

Be outspoken and proud and respectful of others. Make your case to the semi-interested fence sitters first. Let them know your
position but do not push it on them. Smile like an MSM anchorperson. Bypass the passionate opponent supporters for now. They
will come around as they are not prepared to stand alone like we have learned to do.

Your primary concern is your own micro-battle. Fight it well. If we all do this, the tide of public opinion will turn our way.

The MSM is strong. But we are stronger.

JamesButabi
11-12-2011, 02:50 PM
If you really want to help the campaign get off the offline polls and get on the phone from home. I just made 11 calls from work on my break and identified 2 more voters.

Everyone here isn't joking. At this point we are in identification mode. We find our supporters and we get them to turn out.

edit* Tone of my post seemed harsh. Good thoughts there but we need help on the ground badly.

european
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
If you really want to help the campaign get off the offline polls and get on the phone from home. I just made 11 calls from work on my break and identified 2 more voters.

Everyone here isn't joking. At this point we are in identification mode. We find our supporters and we get them to turn out.

edit* Tone of my post seemed harsh. Good thoughts there but we need help on the ground badly.

+rep

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree with your first point, we shouldn't spam other supporter pages, I'd sure ban anyone who tried it here.

I agree with voting Ron up in polls -- besides, I like to.

I disagree about voting other candidates up although 'other' is fair game. I don't like to reward them with traffic when they leave Ron out. Personal opinion.

Cain is pushed by Kochs which means the Koch think tanks and Koch student groups, to some extent. Cain has actual celebrity followers in Georgia and Florida ish areas where his radio show broadcasted. They are fully organized in specific regional areas and bus people in competently.

Romney doesn't have passionate supporters but his supporters have been known to use bots. They are much more subtle this year if they are doing it and seem to be relying more on the 'online polls and straw polls are discredited' theory.

Just my 2 cents.

And I agree we need to do phone from home. I am doing some today, but my computer was out all morning when I had planned to, so I have to get another block of time to take over the dining room (the only room where my cell phone works) for it.

11-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Never vote for other candidates in the online polls. Vote for Ron and hit them hard. It's better to BillOslam their polls and have it taken down than to let msm use it to push another candidate. We own the internet, don't let anyone forget it.

Paul4Prez
11-12-2011, 07:39 PM
The majority of voters would not have bailed out the bankers. They would not have attacked Iraq. They would have nabbed
Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora and left Afghanistan shortly afterward. They would not have passed the Patriot Act or created TSA. They would not be pushing more regressive income taxing methods. At a point of financial insolvency (SP ratings cut), they would prefer to keep benefits for the elderly rather than blow another $ trillion or so fighting Iran.

Great post, and great points. Ron Paul is mainstream where it matters. The American people want a candidate who will balance the budget, won't raise taxes, will bring the troops home, and will respect the rule of law and the Constitutional limits on his power. They've always said they want a candidate who can't be bought. They just don't know (yet) that Ron Paul is the candidate they've wanted all their lives. That's why the media works so hard to try to paint him as a fringe long shot, because they know he CAN win.

Paul4Prez
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Here's an online resource to send those (like Newt) who think Ron Paul's plan to cut one trillion in spending is too extreme:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals/

Federal spending has increased by $1.1 trillion from FY2007 to FY2011 (From $2.7 trillion to $3.8 trillion). Ron Paul's plan isn't extreme at all -- it's just taking spending back to pre-bailout levels.