PDA

View Full Version : Remember how you all promoted the 5th? We need to do the same for registrations!!!

krott5333
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
we have the most passionate supporters, I am sure of that.

We need to MAKE SURE, rain, snow, fire, that each and every one of them/us votes in the primary and is registered.

Hit up myspace, facebook, emails, forums, etc etc, urging people to register republican and vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Perhaps someone could whip up some type of letter/email with all the states, registration deadlines, and primary dates?

JenHarris
11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
That's a good idea, and you could even have a pledge for them to sign to go vote that would email them the day before to actually go do it.

princessredtights
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I am just hoping that people are as active OFFLINE as they seem to be ONLINE ... :o

me3
11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Bump!

ronpaulfan
11-06-2007, 03:56 PM
great idea!

ronpaulfan
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Someone has to run with this!

Can www.ThisNovember5th.com be quickly modifed for many different types of pledge dates???

Ra_
11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
We also need to identify which States require you to be registered Republican
to vote in the GOP primary.

People living in closed primary States need to register in advance.
Folks in the open States can be recruited up until the last day, if necessary.

Baseline
11-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I felt pretty bad because apparently in New York, you have to register with a party by Oct 12th to vote in the Primary, and I didn't find that out until the 20th, which was when I was intending to go register.

DjLoTi
11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Then you're going to need a catchy slogan and a popular social icon (like the movie) to give us the tools to promote it like the 5th

PrimarilyPaul
11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Perhaps someone could whip up some type of letter/email with all the states, registration deadlines, and primary dates?

Done. OP, can you edit your first post and include a link to my site in my sig, that gives instructions for just that?

I've been trying to think of a catchy phrase for something like this:

"Remember, Remember to register Republican and vote in your state's primary"

:)

realitywiz
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
We also need petition signatures in many states, to put RP on the ballot. Let's not forget that.

____

J Free
11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
There is some open source software that can make this both viral and competitive that can track this stuff and visually show it. I have tried repeatedly over the last week or so to find someone who has php/mySQL skills to get it installed. The software will not take much tweaking since it was DESIGNED to visually track political activism using the "six degrees of separation" type of model.

Here is an example of an implementation.
http://speakup.oxygen.com/campaigns/neworleans/

Here is the open source software itself:
http://forwardtrack.eyebeamresearch.org/

Is there ANYONE here with php/mySQL skills who can offer to help get this up and running. This could seriously be HUGE.

Plus it can be used AFTER voter registration cutoff dates in order to virally market to our GOP friends. AND notify people of the primary/caucus.

J Free
11-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Is there a forum owner that can move voter registration discussions into its own folder. I am geting freakin pissed off with the forum scrolling CRITICAL discussions into oblivion so that idiots can yap on about how crappy the mass media is treating us.

Dammit we can win this election but we are not gonna win it by watching TV and TV is not gonna win it for us.

J Free
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Can someone PLEASE STICKY THIS DISCUSSION.

PrimarilyPaul
11-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Can someone PLEASE STICKY THIS DISCUSSION.

There used to be a stickied thread. I don't know what happened to it.

Bobby Johnson
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I felt pretty bad because apparently in New York, you have to register with a party by Oct 12th to vote in the Primary, and I didn't find that out until the 20th, which was when I was intending to go register.

Baseline,
The deadline you mention was for switching party affiliation from Democratic to Republican. Check on the New York rules for signing up as a new registered voter. I think it is later than the party affiliation change deadline.

PrimarilyPaul
11-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Baseline,
The deadline you mention was for switching party affiliation from Democratic to Republican. Check on the New York rules for signing up as a new registered voter. I think it is later than the party affiliation change deadline.

It counts for people enrolling too. I covered it in a blog posting (http://www.primarilypaul.com/2007/10/02/new-yorks-screwy-party-registration-laws-and-how-it-screws-ron-paul-supporters/) before.

Baseline
11-07-2007, 03:12 AM
It counts for people enrolling too. I covered it in a blog posting (http://www.primarilypaul.com/2007/10/02/new-yorks-screwy-party-registration-laws-and-how-it-screws-ron-paul-supporters/) before.

Yeah :(