PDA

View Full Version : Printing Press Money Bomb Idea

Captain Shays
11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
OK. We're experianced now. We're all veterans of the 2008 war campaign. We were very effective in getting together in meet ups, and making banners and placing them all over the place. We did this because..........the media was blacking out Ron Paul. We raisied tons of money and our numbers grew. After the campaign various groups that were born right here flourished. YAL and the Tea Party Movement are two of them.
We were great at making our own videos and we still are. We hit the ground working our asses off canvassing door to door and at public events to get the liberty message out to as many people as we could. But, I don't see the same sort of energy in this campaign as I did in '08 for some reason. I know the numbers are bigger. That's for sure but I don't feel the same energy as last time. Maybe it's because our numbers are bigger that when we have a fund raiser we can gather more money so we're not giving as much as individuals. I know that I am not doing as well financially today as I was back then so when there is a money bomb I give to every one but I give a lot less than I did last time.
Anyway, I have been thinking about taking this up a step and maybe solving the energy problem at the same time to get our message out and to counter the constant media blackout.
In 2008 for instance we raised a ton of money to rent a blimp. But a couple of weeks ago I noticed that a local real estate company had their name up on a HUGE balloon. It wasn't as large as a hot air ballon but it was thick and sturdy enough that it could be tethered and lifted so high that cars could see it for miles. So instead of renting one blimp we could actually buy thousands of these large ballons. Instead of a blimp being in one place, these balloon can be in thousands of places at a time. They are like a billboard without having to pay nearly as much and they could be placed up and down major highways with hundres of thousands of cars per day passing them.

There is another problem. Acquiring a bumper sticker costs at least $3.00 and that is way too much. A bumper sticker can be mass produced for less than $1.00 IF IF IF you had your own bumper sticker printer.

Signs and banners cost way to much as well and they too could be made for a fraction of what we're paying IF IF IF we had our own printer.

Videos are very effective ways of selling Ron Paul because they aren't nearly as labor intensive as reading. Too many people care about our country very deeply but they are lazy when it comes to informing themselves. They have been conditioned to reply on television and they tend to believe what they see coming out of their television. But not all of us are so talented as to be able to produce decent videos and mass produce them cheaply enough to distribute them to those who are willing to hand them out.

This is what I propose. We have a LOT of really talented people in the ranks of Ron Paul supporters. We have people who can write. People who can make some of the best videos I have ever seen. Some of us know how to work a printing press. Some are good managers. others have other talents.

In the last election we made Ron Paul Revolution banners and put them on highway over passes and were gone by the next day then we would have to do it all over again.

Now that we have so many of us who are passionate and so many talented let's put our talents to work in a more efficient manner so that the people who are giving their hard earned dollars to this campaign can get a bigger bang for their buck.

First we organize a staff. Then we find those who make the videos, who can work a printing press and those who can run a small business. Then we find a building. We pay our staff half decently (hopefully they are out of work and need the extra money) and that staff mass produces videos, signs, banners and bumper stickers and sells them to campaign workers at cost. The workers then distribute the videos and place the signs high up on trees along busy roads with the use of ladders so that they wil stay up there because the people who typlically take them down usually ride along the road,, get out of their car when they see one and rip it down, throw it in the back of their pickup truck and take it back to their trailer in the woods. They don't carry ladders with them. My signs stayed up for over a year after the last campaign was over and my bumper stickers that I placed on streetlight poles and walls are still there. I wanted to cover them up with 2012 stickers but I can't afford to do it this time.

I would love to see us actually BUY our own printing press and hiring someone to work it and mass produce printed materials, flyers, banners,signs and bumper stickers AT COST. We would need to rent a building.
We could get a pretty good printer for less than $20,000 and rent a building for less than $2000 per month and hire a staff for less than $7,000 per month.

Then we would need some equipment that can mass produce videos really cheap. Working with those who make them hoping and expecting that they don't want some kind of royalty we can make videos and ship them for pennies.

If we had this plan in motion right now we could be PLASTERING Iowa and New Hampshire's roads making it look like Ron Paul has a HUGE amount of support in those states. Cheap crayon signs are great but well made professional signs look better and if done right they are just as inexpensive.

So I will know if people are on board with this idea when this thread continues and I will know it won't work when the thread dies.

If you read this far, thank you. I won't be offended by ANY criticism or overly encouraged by any support

God bless,

Captain Shays

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Most of the things you discussed are already happening, in a highly decentralized manner, without trying to bring everybody into one physical location when we're from all across the country, without the $2,000 a month in overhead for a building, $7,000 in staffing fees and depreciation and interest on the $20,000 for the printer. Are we really going to save over $10,000 a month simply by printing banners and bumper stickers? Plus, in less that a year at the outside, we have to unwind all those business details.

Sorry, I don't see the payback.

Captain Shays
11-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the response Free Traveler but where are the $1.00 bumper stickers and the $3.00 signs and the $.50 videos? Tell me and I will buy them today

JamesButabi
11-12-2011, 04:12 PM
www.libertystickers.com are $1.00 if you buy 100.

Signs are $3.00 including shipping directly through the campaign in ordesr of 25 or more. Also counts as a full donation
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/signs-and-magnets/ron-paul-2012-rallywindow-sign-14-x-22-2-sides-bluewhite/