PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising Ideas

dante
11-12-2011, 09:20 AM
There are two things to balance here in the discussion about moneybomb dates:

1. The earlier the campaign gets money the better they can plan and strategize mailings, advertisement buys, etc...

2. The more time we have to plan and organize a money bomb, the more money we raise.

What's better? $5 million on Dec. 16th or $2.5 million via $500k a week between now and then? Many large advertisement purchases must be made in advance or costs go up.

Maybe the discussion should be how do we do both? How can we get creative with our fundraising this election cycle above and beyond MoneyBombs? Here are a few ideas:

Bundlers for Ron Paul - we create a website where people pledge to call their friends / family / business network and raise money for Ron Paul. I pledge to get 5 new $5 donors. I pledge to get $5 new $100 donors etc... Give people a goal and some scripts to help them out and integrate a leader board somehow. How do you think Romney raises millions in a day? He and 5 of his friends call 1k people and get them all to donate the max. Let's do that grassroots style. Empower the grassroots to call their network! Goal 100k new $5 donors every week. What if we focused on that every week between now and the moneybomb on the 16th! We would have 500k new donors by the moneybomb - and many of them would then participate again.

Sponsor a Precinct - get the campaign to borrow the excellent idea of RonPaulProducts.com (http://www.RonPaulProducts.com) where you can donate to mail all the super voters in a precinct in FL. It would be cheaper and more bang for the buck if the campaign were to do it in bulk. Ron Paul supporters like to know what they are spending money on - so we get excellent ideas like this one from the grassroots. Again, kudos to the organizers for a fantastic idea. Now we just need to get the official campaign to copy it and organize fundraisers around mailings or media buys in specific states.

Finally, continue to push Phone from Home. That saves the campaign a ton of money they would have to spend on GOTV (get out the vote) efforts otherwise.

What do you all think? What should our grassroots fundraising goal be? What are new innovative ideas to help us get there?

garyallen59
11-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I think if we just promote daily fundraising the way we promoted Black THIS Out, it would be really helpful. Having an organized effort to have all the Paul Youtube videos add annotations asking for donations, posting on articles asking for donations, and constantly promoting on Ron Paul facebook pages for donations could have a huge effect.

We have to send a message that is urgent and will stir up emotions and encourage people to donate.

Maybe a website could be built along the lines of getting people to indicate how much they donated to Ron Paul each day as a central hub to the promotion effort.

We just need to make sure a ton comes in and soon. We have to fight. This is our time to get Ron Paul elected. Let's stir up one another to donate. I do believe their is a strong passion yet in the grassroots we just have to activate it and turn it into dollars for the campaign and get out the vote efforts for those who cannot afford to donate.

dante
11-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Comments on Youtube asking for donations is our tried and true method for promoting money bombs. What we need are ideas for fundraising in addition to that. How many people do you know who are favorable to Paul but haven't donated? Can we all get 5 people we know to donate $5 or more by Dec. 16th? What about 5 people per week? If 100k of us were committed to raising $250 from our network in this manner we could raise an additional $2.5 million by Dec. 16th from over 500k new donors. Can you imagine Dr. Paul dropping that number in a debate? I've had over 500k new donors in the past month! People are flocking to my campaign.

Bundlers for Ron Paul!

dante
11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
bump for the post debate crowd.

V3n
11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
mini-bomb Mondays?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ron-Paul-Mini-Bomb-Mondays/117004081741008?sk=info

Beginning November 14, 2011, you won't have to wait until July 4th to show your Patriotism. Any size contribution to the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign will be another step toward realizing the Plan to Restore America. We believe that enabling more by asking of less, we can broaden the base of support, and prove that a less burdened America can work more efficiently. Get ready to drop your mini bomb by becoming a fan!

We've seen the big moneybombs are becoming less effective as people are tapped out and maxed out.. These folks are encouraging a steady stream of small donations (like $10 - enough to cover processing fees) every Monday. I like it.