PDA

View Full Version : Pit Bull Credited With Saving Family From Fire

Rael
11-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Houston, TX — I am pleased to report that a pit bull took time out of an otherwise busy schedule of killing and maiming to save his Texas family from an early morning fire.

A Houston Fire Department spokesperson said a man, his girlfriend and young son were asleep when one of their two pit bulls began barking frantically, causing them to awaken. When the man went to investigate, he discovered a hot water heater in his single-story home’s garage to be on fire. When firefighters arrived at around 4:15am, the occupants – including the dogs – were out of the house; but the fire was out of control.

By the time fire personnel were able to extinguish the flames, the house was declared a total loss. The homeowner said that the house did not have smoke detectors, so it is believed that the family may not have survived if the dog had not alerted them. The family and authorities are roundly hailing the dog as a hero.

Sadly, it is possible that the family’s other pit bull – who remained silent throughout the ordeal – will soon be filing to have his colleague’s AKC registration suspended for ‘acts of kindness in flagrant violation of the breed’s charter.’ A subsequent investigation would establish whether the dog’s actions in this instance are part of a larger pattern of suspicious and unacceptable behavior. We will keep you posted as this situation unfolds.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/page/3/

ronnilingus
11-11-2011, 10:55 PM
love stories like this, i'd like to see at least one story about heroic dogs for every one i see about dogs getting killed by police officers

eduardo89
11-11-2011, 10:57 PM
love stories like this, i'd like to see at least one story about heroic dogs for every one i see about dogs getting killed by police officers

The dog was shot by police afterwards on suspicion of arson.

aGameOfThrones
11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
The dog was shot by police afterwards on suspicion of arson.

You know who turn the hero dog in, right? *looks at the other dog*