PDA

View Full Version : Will the Republican party support Ron Paul?

RonPaulRules
11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Sorry if this was posted, but this is a great article on Ron Paul:

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/political-pro-con/2011/nov/11/will-republican-party-support-ron-paul/

WASHINGTON, November 11, 2011―On Fox News Sunday Chris Wallace interviewed Republican Presidential candidate, Ron Paul. During the interview, Wallace asked Paul if he could support another Republican in the general election if he did not get the nomination. Dr. Paul then responded with an answer which most likely infuriated the Republican establishment.

“If they believe in expanding the wars, if they don't believe at looking at the Federal Reserve, if they don't believe in real cuts, if they don't believe in deregulation and a better tax system it would defy everything I believe in. So I would be reluctant to jump on board and tell all the supporters, who have given me trust and money, that all we've done is for naught and let's support anybody.”

After he expressed this sentiment, a Fox News panel the next day harshly criticized Paul for not being a team player. One panelist even suggested that if he was unwilling to support the presumptive nominee then he should be taken out of the debates. Aside from being illogical Republican rhetoric, this borders on hypocrisy. The only reason that Paul is being asked about supporting the Republican nominee, whoever it might be, is because the media already knows what his answer will be. They wish to use it as ammunition against him, and want the Republicans to accuse him of not being “a team player”. A better question to ask the rest of the Presidential hopefuls would be, “If Ron Paul gets the nomination, would you support him?”

Herman Cain has already answered that question during an interview with Piers Morgan a few weeks ago, when he said that he did not think Ron Paul would make a good President. If Paul were to get the nomination, it is doubtful that Cain would back away from that statement, yet there are no editorials bashing Cain for not being “a team player”.

Rick Perry is another candidate unlikely to support Paul if he gets the nomination. During the 2008 Presidential election cycle, Rick Perry threw his support behind Rudy Giuliani. When being interviewed about this he stated that every other election cycle there had been a Texan in the race which had made it easy to pick a candidate. When asked about Ron Paul, a Congressman from Texas, who ran that time around as well, Rick Perry said, “I didn't ever consider Ron Paul ... You get to make choices in life and I made a choice that Ron Paul is not mine for President. Pretty simple for me, I didn't need to study that one too deep.” Other than showing complete disrespect toward his fellow Texan, Perry showed that he would be extremely unlikely to support Dr. Paul if he gets the nomination. Again, no one in the media has bothered to dig this up or research the facts. Perry will most likely not be disparaged for not being “a team player”.

The Republicans have become scared of the Ron Paul movement. They have begun to realize that his supporters will not back any other candidate if he does not secure the nomination. With support ranging anywhere from 10-13% and climbing in most national polls, the Republicans know they cannot win next November without some of these votes. So after years of hiding Ron Paul in a corner and trying to ignore him, the Republicans now want him to forget all of that and support their establishment puppet.

The Republican nominee (should it not be Paul) does not deserve support from Ron Paul or any of his supporters after years of being ignored, marginalized, and laughed at by the Republican establishment. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, and Ron Paul and his supporters should not be in the business of supporting evil.

It was less than four years ago when the Republican establishment told its base that it had to support the liberal John McCain. Many conservatives held their noses and voted for him. Being one of them myself, I vowed to never vote for the lesser of two evils again. Ron Paul is simply refusing to compromise his principles, something that he has consistently done for the past thirty years. If the other candidates wish to remain consistent with their rhetoric of making Obama a one-term President, they should be prepared to throw their support behind Ron Paul should he get the Republican nomination.

fj45lvr
11-11-2011, 11:07 PM
80% will not support him.....the GOP is a lost cause unless suddenly they were to actually get smart and dump the demagogues.... Not gonna happen

ryanmkeisling
11-11-2011, 11:12 PM
They better or they will be stuck with another 4 years of Obama. I really have trouble believing that they even care. NO ONE BUT RON PAUL>>>>>

Carehn
11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
The party on a national level may not but the base and local partys would support a drunk retarded dog if it had an R by its name. Its really more like supporting a sports team to most of the voters.

They don't really understand any of the issues or care, they just vote and feel like winning somehow reflects upon them.

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 11:19 PM
That was some damn good press.

I think we should click on the ads on this page as encouragement to other pro-Paul writers.

Xelaetaks
11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Great article!

"The Republicans have become scared of the Ron Paul movement. They have begun to realize that his supporters will not back any other candidate if he does not secure the nomination. With support ranging anywhere from 10-13% and climbing in most national polls, the Republicans know they cannot win next November without some of these votes. So after years of hiding Ron Paul in a corner and trying to ignore him, the Republicans now want him to forget all of that and support their establishment puppet."

🇺🇸

constitutionstory
11-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Wow, this is finally an article bringing this issue to light- a primary election is more than "who is/is not a team player". It's about who will actually stand for a set of principles rather than trading an eventual endorsement for...some kind of cabinet or appointed post (like that hasn't happened before. It's usually Secretary of State/VP.)

But this is such detailed and dedicated coverage of the establishment vs constitutional Republican wings. Bush-Cheney-McCain and their ideological heirs in the current primary or Paul. At least Palin has praised Ron Paul's foreign policy to the extent he has criticized Obama.

For another glowing example of actual, in-depth, very detailed coverage of Paul:
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/newsstatenewengland/938282-227/paul-would-cut-federal-departments-forgive-debt.html

I'd say these two articles together (this thread, plus the link above) are some of the very best to give as links for great coverage by the media.

Interesting sources- The Washington Times Community "Social Journalism from Independent Voices" and the "Nashua Telegraph" local coverage
"Ron Paul talks with Telegraph reports and editors in the television production studio at Nashua High School South Friday, October 28, 2011. "
(GREAT hour-long video interview, of which the article is a summary)

Remember, it's not like there is no decent coverage of Ron Paul by media outlets... you just have to look a lot harder than for the other candidates.

axlr
11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Smashing!

A really great read! Would be nice to get more positive press like that.

constitutionstory
11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Kevin Landrigan wrote the Nashua Telegraph piece, Conor Murphy wrote this one.

I think these people deserve our sincere thanks, I mean, just imagine dealing with other reporters, other news outlets, maybe parent companies or media company executives...a common narrative to most coverage- and writing something like these articles anyway. Way to go!

ShaneEnochs
11-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Kevin Landrigan wrote the Nashua Telegraph piece, Conor Murphy wrote this one.

I think these people deserve our sincere thanks, I mean, just imagine dealing with other reporters, other news outlets, maybe parent companies or media company executives...a common narrative to most coverage- and writing something like these articles anyway. Way to go!

Click on his ads. It's how he gets paid.