PDA

View Full Version : Romney retakes national lead after strong debate performance

sailingaway
11-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Romney retakes national lead after strong debate performance

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/90064568?Romney%20retakes%20national%20lead%20afte r%20strong%20debate%20performance#ixzz1dQtgFYMh

ross11988
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I really hope that Gingrich comes back down

brendan.orourke
11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
We are in great shape guys. The break-neck speed at which news moves these days, even more so than last cycle, the "Romney Only" talk will be a distant memory come January.

I bet people couldn't even tell you who were the front-runners this time 4 years ago, because they bowed out so early. These early polls continue to confirm that Paul is the only other candidate who has consistent support besides Romney, and his is essentially by default.

Uriah
11-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Look to polls in Iowa.

If Newt raises on the national level but does not do well in Iowa he may be on the way out. A poor showing in New Hampshire will hurt him even further. A good showing by Newt in Iowa and NH will probably keep him in this race for the long haul. Newt is from the south and thus has a stronger following there. South Carolina comes after NH and he will do well there regardless. Being from Georgia he may have an influence on the older folks in Florida that remember him as speaker of the house in the mid 90s.

I think the above works for Cain as well. If both Cain and Newt place behind Paul then one of them will drop out and most likely back the other for a strong showing in SC & Florida. If Cain/Newt fail in SC & FL then both are out.

bluesc
11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I thought Romney was weak as hell, and I usually admit that Newt wins the debates (looking at it from a regular Republican's view), but he was a complete dick and avoided all the questions if he wasn't copying Ron.

Ron clearly won the debate, and considering even people that hate him were saying he did very well proves that.

asurfaholic
11-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Its easy to win a debate when they ask one candidate more questions than the others...

sailingaway
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM

I think there is no question he will, given his support of the individual mandate of health insurance just like Obamacare, and his pushing for global warming regulations, his lobbyist activities, his support of TARP at the end before the vote. He came off well in debates and the media is pushing him, but the tea party won't like what they find when they do research. I just hope it doesn't hurt Ron's momentum for the early primaries.

low preference guy
11-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I think there is no question he will, I just hope it doesn't hurt Ron's momentum for the early primaries.

Talking about not hurting Ron in primaries, I wonder whether Michele Bachmann we'll see the obvious fact that she should drop out before Iowa and endorse Ron, or at least just drop out.

trey4sports
11-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I think there is no question he will, given his support of the individual mandate of health insurance just like Obamacare, and his pushing for global warming regulations, his lobbyist activities, his support of TARP at the end before the vote. He came off well in debates and the media is pushing him, but the tea party won't like what they find when they do research. I just hope it doesn't hurt Ron's momentum for the early primaries.

All good points. Hell, we don't even need to run an attack ad on Newt all we have to do is simply air the commercial of he and Mrs. Pelosi smiling affectionately at each other and he will drop like a rock.

On top of all that.... he has no money nor ground game.

sailingaway
11-11-2011, 03:48 PM
All good points. Hell, we don't even need to run an attack ad on Newt all we have to do is simply air the commercial of he and Mrs. Pelosi smiling affectionately at each other and he will drop like a rock.

first million of donations to him merely retires old debt....

trey4sports
Talking about not hurting Ron in primaries, I wonder whether Michele Bachmann we'll see the obvious fact that she should drop out before Iowa and endorse Ron, or at least just drop out.

If she drops she will endorse Mitt even though she is closer to us in terms of philosophy IMO. Her and Mitt obviously talked backstage a couple debates back because they were obviously throwing softballs at each other during a debate segment when you had to ask another candidate a question.

low preference guy

I think his fundraising was picking up and he paid off all his debt.

bluesc
11-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I think his fundraising was picking up and he paid off all his debt.

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/11/11/newt-gingrich-preparing-for-an-iowa-relaunch/

Aratus
11-11-2011, 06:53 PM
first million of donations to him
merely retires old debt....

balance sheets, yes...