PDA

View Full Version : If Ron is excluded from the upcoming Iowa debate...

murrayrothbard
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
he should stage a massive rally across the street, and get more people there than go to the debate! Just like when he was excluded from that earlier Iowa conference (who was it again?)

rodent
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I am not settling for exclusion. I'd storm the event and riot, even if I got arrested. I don't live in Iowa, but enough is enough. I've had it with the establishment.

Austin
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes. I honestly think that being excluded from the debate would only garner more coverage for Paul. While FOX is airing the debate between the mindless drones, CNN, MSNBC, etc. would be filming the Ron Paul Rally.

John of Des Moines
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I am not settling for exclusion. I'd storm the event and riot, even if I got arrested. I don't live in Iowa, but enough is enough. I've had it with the establishment.

I too have had enough of the establishment bullshit but I'd storm the event and riot, even if I got arrested. would create blowback on the RP campaign to no end, it would snuff out his chances. Follow the lead of what happened here on June 30th - the cops were told to expect problems, they beefed up security, put in metal detector and such. But at the end of the day RP event next door blow the socks off of the nay-sayers. Act in peace and we'll win the war. WWRPD?

tnvoter
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

Same.

GHoeberX
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
rodent and tnvoter; please use your mind and don't go rioting; especially not as a Ron Paul supporter. You will ruin his whole campaign and hurt all Ron Paul supporters with it.

Listen to John of Des Moines; he's right.

Matt Collins
11-07-2007, 12:34 AM
See this thread on the subject:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32844

Dustancostine
11-07-2007, 12:39 AM

Ditto

realitywiz
11-07-2007, 12:43 AM
I too have had enough of the establishment bullshit but I'd storm the event and riot, even if I got arrested. would create blowback on the RP campaign to no end, it would snuff out his chances. Follow the lead of what happened here on June 30th - the cops were told to expect problems, they beefed up security, put in metal detector and such. But at the end of the day RP event next door blow the socks off of the nay-sayers. Act in peace and we'll win the war. WWRPD?

I agree!!! We'll do what we did last time, hold a BIG rally next door! But no rioting.

________

torchbearer
11-07-2007, 12:44 AM

I'm there man... I've had it... I"m trying to remain peacefully zen...but every man has his breaking point and I have just reached...

James R
11-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Anyone who riots is just making Ron Paul look bad.

Look, if he is excluded, there will be so many Ron Paul supporters there that the competing candidates won't be able to get there in the first place!

Liberty
11-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Why is there always a problem with republicans in Iowa? I saw an announcement of the debate with no criteria and then out of the blue they add criteria on November 6. Is this correct?

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 01:10 AM
You don't need to go "nuts" on them.....I would believe though that 30000 people could literally PARK themselves completely around the site and "shut it down"......

All you need is a DECLARATION OF LIBERTY scattered around and nailed to everything....no chanting, no yelling,

JUST RESOLVED UNMOVABLE PROTEST IN BLACK AND WHITE. I seriously doubt that Ames and the county and the STATE police can deal with 30000 people. NOT A CHANCE.

DEBATE CANCELLED.

framecut
11-07-2007, 01:14 AM
You don't need to go "nuts" on them.....I would believe though that 30000 people could literally PARK themselves completely around the site and "shut it down"......

All you need is a DECLARATION OF LIBERTY scattered around and nailed to everything....no chanting, no yelling,

JUST RESOLVED UNMOVABLE PROTEST IN BLACK AND WHITE. I seriously doubt that Ames and the county and the STATE police can deal with 30000 people. NOT A CHANCE.

DEBATE CANCELLED.

Oh geez...

There are other options if Dr. Paul isn't welcome to the debate. The above ain't it.

Danny Molina
11-07-2007, 01:15 AM
How about a human chain around the building where the debates will be taking place?

American
11-07-2007, 01:17 AM
We could all wear tin foil hats and storm the building and riot wearing Dennis Kucinich t-shirts.

RockEnds
11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Let's just not lose Iowa because we're all in jail on January 3, 'kay? ;)

Dustancostine
11-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Let's just not lose Iowa because we're all in jail on January 3, 'kay? ;)

Iowans can sit it out, I'm sure the out of staters can pull it off. :D

framecut
11-07-2007, 01:24 AM
How about a human chain around the building where the debates will be taking place?

And infringe upon the 1st amendment rights of those wishing to enter?

The reason the %5 minimum polling exists is to prevent anyone from entering and pretending they want to run for president.

All what we can hope for is for Dr. Paul to get a bump in his polling. Be nice to Iowans.

That's about it.

RockEnds
11-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Iowans can sit it out, I'm sure the out of staters can pull it off.

:)

mport1
11-07-2007, 01:26 AM
It could actually be better for Ron if he is excluded and thousands of people show up in protest. It would be quite a story.

ClayTrainor
11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Id definitely be making a trip to protest.

Danny Molina
11-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Well if there was a protest everyone should be on their best behavior (no 9/11 stuff) because we know O'Reilly would spin it to death.

Paulitician
11-07-2007, 01:34 AM
If we're excluded from the debate, it will be the fault of the campaign as whole (everyone us included). There is no reason we can't get at least 5%. We can't expect for them to give us handouts now that Ron Paul has been running for 8 months now. If we're excluded because of low polling, tough. We'll have to deal with it and probably hold our own event for media attention. It's going to be a rather big blow to the campaign but we still have time, and we'll still be invited to other big national events. I just don't think it's a great possibility that we'll be excluded with everything going for us.

Chester Copperpot
11-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah 12,000 people might show up this time instead of 1,200. I might even drive out all the way from Jersey

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 01:39 AM
And infringe upon the 1st amendment rights of those wishing to enter?

The reason the %5 minimum polling exists is to prevent anyone from entering and pretending they want to run for president.

All what we can hope for is for Dr. Paul to get a bump in his polling. Be nice to Iowans.

That's about it.

That's not the reason.....

This is NOT about Paul either....this is about JUSTICE and OUR FUTURE.......I don't think ANY of us are going to hand that over to FOX NEWS and the STATE GOP to decide for us.

This is not some "random" act of exclusion....they KNOW the THREAT and they are going to DO WHATEVER it takes to ELIMINATE that threat.

Well guess what folks.....this is PRECISELY what the BOSTON TEA PARTY EVENTS WERE ABOUT (organized protest and disobedience) Do you want to LIVE AS SLAVES???

30000 people wrapped around that site is a SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD.

johngr
11-07-2007, 01:41 AM

Expect agents provocateurs from here on out.

johngr
11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
We could all wear tin foil hats and storm the building and riot wearing Dennis Kucinich t-shirts.

Don't forget the "911 was an inside job" sign.

Duckman
11-07-2007, 01:48 AM
It would be unbelievably stupid for RP supporters to try to riot or prevent the debate from occuring if RP were excluded.

We need to meet the criteria of the debate ANYWAY for RP to be on a path to win.

Barring access to the building will be spun as sour grapes on the part of a large number of loose cannon supporters of a kook candidate.

RonPaulFever
11-07-2007, 01:49 AM
At first I was all hyped up about the civil disobedience idea, but after I calmed down I came to the conclusion that Dr. Paul should hold an event of his own across the street. I would make the trip up there and so would many others.

framecut
11-07-2007, 02:20 AM

This is NOT about Paul either....this is about JUSTICE and OUR FUTURE.......I don't think ANY of us are going to hand that over to FOX NEWS and the STATE GOP to decide for us.

This is not some "random" act of exclusion....they KNOW the THREAT and they are going to DO WHATEVER it takes to ELIMINATE that threat.

Well guess what folks.....this is PRECISELY what the BOSTON TEA PARTY EVENTS WERE ABOUT (organized protest and disobedience) Do you want to LIVE AS SLAVES???

I understand your concern, but seriously: This is not the type of support Dr. Paul wants.

Even if Dr. Paul doesn't win the nomination. You make it sound like he's the only one that has the U.S. constitution as a PROPRIETARY document.

Question: Who owns the copyright to the U.S. constitution? Nobody it's royalty free. Anyone can follow it.

Nefertiti
11-07-2007, 03:58 AM

Just like the whole V thing, I really don't get this unhealthy obsession a lot of people have around here about Fox. I don't watch much Fox, and to be perfectly honest, the Fox that I see doesn't seem anywhere near as extreme as what many people contend.

In any case, it is an insult to those involved in the Boston Tea Party to compare that event to the debate. Last time I checked, a private company like Fox is guaranteed its freedom to choose what it broadcasts under the first amendment. If it were the government itself squelching Ron Paul then we would have an issue, but its not.

We don't need to be on this debate, we don't need the polls, we need to win Iowa. Plain and simple. If we do what we need to do to win Iowa, then as a side effect we will get the poll numbers and get in the debate.

Stop obsessing over Fox and the polls and how to attack Fox and the GOP and put your minds together to come up with a strategy to get voters in Iowa. I think we can all agree we need voters in Iowa, can't we?

PS-30,000 attendees for Ron Paul at the Iowa caucuses would win us Iowa. Wouldn't it be better if we crafted a plan to get those kinds of numbers to vote rather than to surround a debate?

Pride
11-07-2007, 04:10 AM
We need to hold our own event across the street. Do not by any means disrupt the Fox debate.

Pharoah
11-07-2007, 04:10 AM
Cool down, guys. The cops know how to turn a peaceful protest into a "riot".

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/08/23/police-montebello.html

The MSM could then claim that they were right all along - Ron Paul supporters are violent. Let's not give them ammunition. We should focus on winning Iowa or else stage a competing event.

Paulite5112007
11-07-2007, 04:20 AM
I think we will get well over the 5% and be invited - this will all be moot. I predict 7% and 9% in the new Iowa polls when the come out later this month.

Ready2Revolt
11-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Can we get into the debate BOOOOOOO for 30 secs after every answer? They did it to Ron Paul, and if they don't include him I think this would be a great time for some Blowback.

And Tar and Feather Hannity

ionlyknowy
11-07-2007, 04:30 AM
I dont know if this is official but this news article says that a fox poll has him at 5% and they are letting him in the debate

http://www.pardoncheney.com/?p=131

Paulite5112007
11-07-2007, 04:53 AM
I dont know if this is official but this news article says that a fox poll has him at 5% and they are letting him in the debate

One, thats a CNN poll
Two, FOX controls which national polls to use AND defines 'average'
Three, He has no chance to get 5% in any poll FOX runs without at least twixe that number in other polls
Four, the rules clearly give an alternative method that FOX is not involved with and that is averaging 5% across two Iowa specific polls (currently at 4% and 1% in those taken early Octoberish)

TooConservative
11-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Expect agents provocateurs from here on out.

You saved me the keystrokes.

James R
11-07-2007, 05:10 AM
Can we get into the debate BOOOOOOO for 30 secs after every answer? They did it to Ron Paul, and if they don't include him I think this would be a great time for some Blowback.

And Tar and Feather Hannity

Good idea. We could pose as supporters of another candidate! In fact it would be a better event if Ron Paul was given the shaft, then we had 5,000 *peaceful* protesters outside while 1,000 people inside were booing every answer and chanting "We want Ron Paul!" until they agreed to let Paul in. That would get front cover on at least one paper :)

I'm willing to bet Ron Paul will be given a spot anyway so we don't have to worry about it.

Henry
11-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Then buy TV ads during the debate!

GHoeberX
11-07-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm there man... I've had it... I"m trying to remain peacefully zen...but every man has his breaking point and I have just reached...

Keep in mind. This whole thing is not about you or any of the other guys who want to
riot. This is about getting Ron Paul elected. And you are being counterproductive for Ron Paul if you're going to riot. Keep your head cool whatever happens.

johngr
11-07-2007, 05:25 AM

Is this true?

Ready2Revolt
11-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Good idea. We could pose as supporters of another candidate! In fact it would be a better event if Ron Paul was given the shaft, then we had 5,000 *peaceful* protesters outside while 1,000 people inside were booing every answer and chanting "We want Ron Paul!" until they agreed to let Paul in. That would get front cover on at least one paper :)

I'm willing to bet Ron Paul will be given a spot anyway so we don't have to worry about it.

I wasn't implying going undercover. That way when they call us out on booing their MSM approved candidates, we can explain blowback again and point to the last debate. I guess we can go undercover, but I think they'll figure it out when your booing a candidate while wearing one of his Tshirts.

And tar and feather Frank Luntz too

Mortikhi
11-07-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm down for risking my freedom for liberty

wsc321
11-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Is this true?

Appears to be: http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

This was conducted prior to the media buzz regarding the Nov 5th fund raiser... That's a 75% jump for Dr. Paul. My question is whether FNC will look at this poll, or just cherry pick the one's that may have Dr. Paul lower.

I do think its possible Dr. Paul will simply have the 5% threshold beat in time in a sufficient number of polls so this is a non issue. But I don't know when the deadline for polling data is. (Anyone?)

c0unterph0bia
11-07-2007, 08:12 AM
If he doesn't make it, you guys need to chant "Ron Paul" so loud that they can hear it inside the building during the entire debate. Hell, I might even show up if I can get a couple days off of work. Not too far from Ohio.

ionlyknowy
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I got this link http://www.pardoncheney.com/?p=131 from the home page of

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/

And the article says that RP has the votes to be included in the debate... But again, I dont know how credible the article is...

Johnnybags
11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
FOX sucks anyway, the ratings will fall and people will be pissed and contribute more, maybe we can run ads during the debate? LOL. As well as the 10-20k people outside outnumbering the poor folks inside with signs. Please exclude him FOX. I will go to IOWA by train to protest.

DjLoTi
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33560

walt
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
can we move this to hot topics now that it's been confirmed that he's in?

MusoSpuso
11-07-2007, 01:43 PM
can we move this to hot topics now that it's been confirmed that he's in?

What? When? How? Why? Link?

RPFTW!
11-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Considering that this will probably be our last chance before freedom is stamped out I am all for fucking with fox news, if they declare war on us then they will have it!

Come on we're not democrats we actually have balls and will put up a fight. (peacefully of course)

DeadheadForPaul
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Let's stop talking about what we would do if Dr Paul is excluded!

Lets make sure HE ISNT EXCLUDED! Exclusion is NOT AN OPTION! Boots on the ground, chip-ins and phone calls now!