PDA

View Full Version : Conan O'Brien Exposes the Borg-Mind Media

green73
11-11-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pl7sWtUu1Fc

donnay
11-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Absolutely! I believe there are three major networks that supply all of the media with information. It's amazing how scripted they really are!

+rep

kahless
11-11-2011, 10:52 AM
At first I thought it would be news hq for a network that sends out the same news copy to be read by all the affiliates. But it looks like this is all different networks using the same news copy.

So basically anything AP or whomever the service they are using gets to decide the slant across the nation. No independent news departments or deviation from script. Could be even one clueless kid taking directions from management or on his own that wrote the copy but with the power to basically control the narrative across the nation and in the case of Ron Paul, throw the election.

Just pathetic, but I am sure they are patting themselves on the back for the cost savings and shareholder value by outsourcing news.

WarNoMore
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Wow.

smartguy911
11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.prwatch.org/fakenews/execsummary

undergroundrr
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
NOTE: RETRACTED: See post 15.

Ummm. It's a skit. If you watch again, I'm pretty sure you'll find that all of the newsrooms were "constructed" and filmed with extras just for this Conan segment.

donnay
11-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Operation Mockingbird: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA

Napolitanic Wars
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZ_SjF0Aco

green73
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Ummm. It's a skit. If you watch again, I'm pretty sure you'll find that all of the newsrooms were "constructed" and filmed with extras just for this Conan segment.

zzz

Feelgood
11-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Google "operation mockingbird' and its all there.

Brian4Liberty
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
So basically anything AP or whomever the service they are using gets to decide the slant across the nation.
Just pathetic, but I am sure they are patting themselves on the back for the cost savings and shareholder value by outsourcing news.

Yep, that's about it. It conveniently leads to central control of news.

Ummmmm. No, it's a bunch of seperate newscasts.

ExPatPaki
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
f you watch again, I'm pretty sure you'll find that all of the newsrooms were "constructed" and filmed with extras just for this Conan segment.

How did you come to that conclusion? Those newsrooms look pretty real.

undergroundrr
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
NOTE: RETRACTED: See post 15.

They just all looked very low-budget and simple and only one had an actual network logo, a CBS eye. Even the one with FOX, only had part of the O and the X, as if it was meant to suggest Fox. I'll watch it again, but filming those just for the skit wouldn't have been that hard to do. And it would probably be easier than surfing dozens to hundreds of news broadcast recordings to find those particular examples. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Conan has mixed realism with his comedy. Great satire regardless.

I could be wrong. And having worked in broadcasting and seen how subscription news services work, a distributed news story, especially from the evil AP, certainly gets read verbatim from the wire on many outlets.

If someone recognizes one of those anchors from their local market, then at least some of them are real.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-11-2011, 12:58 PM
They just all looked very low-budget and simple and only one had an actual network logo, a CBS eye. Even the one with FOX, only had part of the O and the X, as if it was meant to suggest Fox. I'll watch it again, but filming those just for the skit wouldn't have been that hard to do. And it would probably be easier than surfing dozens to hundreds of news broadcast recordings to find those particular examples. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Conan has mixed realism with his comedy. Great satire regardless.

I could be wrong. And having worked in broadcasting and seen how subscription news services work, a distributed news story, especially from the evil AP, certainly gets read verbatim from the wire on many outlets.

If someone recognizes one of those anchors from their local market, then at least some of them are real.

Are you for real? lol! Individuals on YouTube have compiled videos with clips just like this. You think it's easier to hire that many different actors and construct that many different sets, than to simply find the clips? It certainly wouldn't be cheaper!!

undergroundrr
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Alright, I stand corrected. Checked the WRBL and KLBK websites and they're real. My apologies.

kuckfeynes
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah one is a well known anchor from the Penn State area... hmmm....

Peace&Freedom
11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
It's always been obvious that one coordinated script, and/or a 'line' comes down from the corporations controlling the major media, and that is what is followed to the letter. It's one thing for a single network to reach an editorial decision at one point that Paul isn't viable and won't get covered, but different for all the networks to reach the same exact position, at the same time, using the same exact putdowns, and never deviate from or revise their assessment later. It's one thing for one network to start covering Gingrich once they think Cain is failing, another for them to ALL start pushing Newt, at the same time, using the same phrases. It's an info war, indeed.

undergroundrr
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Although there are many news services, AP is the most insidious and perhaps should be fought the hardest. They're a nonprofit and get the requisite tax breaks while serving as the ultimate state propaganda funnel. Their "Paul is a long-shot candidate" remarks are incredibly damaging since they'll be read verbatim by hundreds if not thousands of radio and TV news-reading automatons. While NBC et al are awful, the reach of the Associated Press dwarfs them.

Steve-in-NY
11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Wow.*Amen.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Brings to mind, quixotic. Borg indeed.

Travlyr
11-11-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.prwatch.org/fakenews/execsummary

And this, my friends, is how Herman Cain, an insider, who is portrayed as an outsider, brings virtually no substance to the debate, promotes a tax increase plan designed by bankers in the middle of a depression, and can be on top in the polls.

Although the number of media formats and outlets has exploded in recent years, television remains the dominant news source in the United States. More than three-quarters of U.S. adults rely on local TV news, and more than 70 percent turn to network TV or cable news on a daily or near-daily basis, according to a January 2006 Harris Poll. The quality and integrity of television reporting thus significantly impacts the public's ability to evaluate everything from consumer products to medical services to government policies.
For those who have done their homework, we know which candidate is honest, intelligent, principled, and in favor of promoting free lives of peace and prosperity. Ron Paul wrote the books, but network TV, and cable news, will not be promoting him. Cancel cable. Make them pay. When we finally achieve massive free-markets, then TV it will be high quality entertainment not the same old jokes that require fake audience laughter, and the free-markets will bring the price down too. Boycott mainstream TV & Radio.

hazek
11-11-2011, 07:30 PM
See? What do I keep telling you? How is our message suppose to stick with people when what we're doing right now compares to a guy screaming at the top of his lungs at a crowd of 100.000 that's listening to a giant megaphone tower spewing bs propaganda 24/7?

MSM is our biggest enemy. Without primarily focusing on defeating it, we do not stand a chance in changing anything.

Marenco
11-11-2011, 07:45 PM
The MSM is as scripted as a Hollywood script. It's show business.

Travlyr
11-11-2011, 08:07 PM
MSM is our biggest enemy. Without primarily focusing on defeating it, we do not stand a chance in changing anything.
+ rep

Without a doubt, hazek. Without a doubt. If the media was on the side of liberty, peace, honesty, and truth, then Ron Paul would be polling at 90% and it would be evident to the Perry, Cain, Romney, et. al., supporters that they are wasting their money promoting "unelectable" puppets. Instead, the media, which has picked virtually every president in the history of the republic, is the front line for the elite counterfeiting cabal. Our only hope is to defeat the mainstream media.

nayjevin
12-08-2011, 07:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuF86FD7nk

Conan O'Brien satirizes Ron Paul commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuF86FD7nk)

Feelgood
12-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks for bumping an old dead thread.