PDA

View Full Version : Let's give some serious props to Jerry Doyle!

Muttley
11-11-2011, 08:26 AM
I had never heard of Jerry Doyle and his radio program, but he did a very nice broadcast on the shenanigans CNBC and O'Dipshit pulled within the past week or so here. I encourage everyone to like his facebook page and send him some kind words for supporting Ron and Liberty for us all!

http://www.facebook.com/TheJerryDoyleShow?ref=ts&sk=wall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVCLCUEI04U&feature=share

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 08:31 AM
wow nice! i posted on his wall, subbed and rated up!

ChrisDixon
11-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I only knew of Jerry Doyle from seeing his book into Border's and also from his acting career. Beyond that, I knew next to nothing about him. But his defense of Ron Paul throughout this election cycle has caused me to give him a second look. He's been awesome.

We definitely need to thank Jerry for this. And keep doing so.

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 10:05 AM
He's great!

wowrevolution
11-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Jerry Doyle was Garibaldi in Babylon 5. Him & Bruce Boxleitner (Captain Sheridan) are both pretty bad ass. Our society today reminds me of how the Earth Alliance was with President Clark was in power. Hopefully Jerry Doyle can help lead the charge against this corrupt system we have. I'd love to have those 2 in politics for reals. Babylon 5 was an extremely political film. The mainstream media today is no different from the sensationalized propaganda machine that ISN had become when Clark was in power. The similarities are startling, the difference is night and day.

CableNewsJunkie
11-11-2011, 10:23 AM
We should plan a "Recognition Bomb" or something for guys like Jerry and help boost their careers.

Get the liberty talkers on more radio stations.
Get the liberty writers into more publications.

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
We should plan a "Recognition Bomb" or something for guys like Jerry and help boost their careers.

That's a great idea!

matt0611
11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Jerry Doyle was Garibaldi in Babylon 5. Him & Bruce Boxleitner (Captain Sheridan) are both pretty bad ass. Our society today reminds me of how the Earth Alliance was with President Clark was in power. Hopefully Jerry Doyle can help lead the charge against this corrupt system we have. I'd love to have those 2 in politics for reals. Babylon 5 was an extremely political film. The mainstream media today is no different from the sensationalized propaganda machine that ISN had become when Clark was in power. The similarities are startling, the difference is night and day.

Yeah, Babylon 5 is a great show, it has lots of liberty, anti-war, and anti-government messages throughout the series. One of my favorites.
Garabaldi was badass too.
Whats Boxleitner up to?

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 10:29 AM
We should also review and rate UP Jerry's book on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Have-You-Seen-Country-Lately/product-reviews/B005FOG5D2/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Whats Boxleitner up to?

Divorcing Melissa Gilbert the last I heard. :(

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 10:35 AM
babylon 5 is good? it doesnt really sell a lot of dvd copies... maybe ill watch it :)

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Love this guy.

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 10:53 AM
babylon 5 is good? it doesnt really sell a lot of dvd copies... maybe ill watch it :)

It's the best in my opinion - the first season is a little slow and may make you doubtful - seasons 2, 3, and 4 were awesome (they wrapped up the story arc in the 4th season that was supposed to be in season 5, but they were afraid they would not get renewed - then they got renewed and had a very ho-hum 5th season.) But the main story arc is outstanding.

It was very cool though - they had the entire story line laid out from the outset as a five season series, it was never designed to go on forever like most series - they told a story and they did a great job of it.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 10:57 AM
It's the best in my opinion - the first season is a little slow and may make you doubtful - seasons 2, 3, and 4 were awesome (they wrapped up the story arc in the 4th season that was supposed to be in season 5, but they were afraid they would not get renewed - then they got renewed and had a very ho-hum 5th season.) But the main story arc is outstanding.

It was very cool though - they had the entire story line laid out from the outset as a five season series, it was never designed to go on forever like most series - they told a story and they did a great job of it.
can you give me the gist of it? or why you like it

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 11:04 AM

This is a great idea if I've ever seen one.

Original_Intent
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Very anti-authoritarian/liberty focussed.
An interesting philosophy of good and evil and the purpose of existense (most of this becomes more evident in seasons 3 and 4)
Intersing interplay between characters - you can almost label them "ah he is the evil crony capitalist...ah this guy represents third world...." while there is a definite good and evil...towards the end you see evils justification for its actions (and it is not lame) you also see that the good is not so absolute and high motives as you would believe...also a lot of the conflict even among the main Babylon 5 characters you see that most people are a mix of good and bad motivations - generally it is not too heavy handed with its messages, there is much from the early seasons that almost make no sense until seasons 3 and 4. Bottom line is it is jsut a great enjoyable story, even though there are some religious themes, it is presented in such a way that I don't think that either atheist or religious people would have much to complain about.

I borrowed the DVD's from a friend and my wife and I watched the entire series together...she was skeptical thru season one but by the end she was totally hooked and loved it. And she is NOT a sci-fi fan - really it is just an epic story that happens in a sci-fi setting.

Aratus
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
B5

ericams2786
11-11-2011, 09:14 PM

This is one of the best ideas I've seen on here in a long time. We grassroots really need to start doing this for folks who are fair to Paul. We need to give them good reviews, flood them with praise, "advertise" for them on youtube, facebook, etc., and we need to call into radio stations and push to get these liberty-minded folks on the air to counter the neo-cons. In fact, if we can really organize a true effort to "recognize bomb" these folks, the power of Paul supporters will really start to show and others may join these liberty-minded individuals in being fair to Paul. This just might be how we create our own "media". I just left a positive review on his book, I think all of you should as well.

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 11:24 PM
This is one of the best ideas I've seen on here in a long time. We grassroots really need to start doing this for folks who are fair to Paul. We need to give them good reviews, flood them with praise, "advertise" for them on youtube, facebook, etc., and we need to call into radio stations and push to get these liberty-minded folks on the air to counter the neo-cons. In fact, if we can really organize a true effort to "recognize bomb" these folks, the power of Paul supporters will really start to show and others may join these liberty-minded individuals in being fair to Paul. This just might be how we create our own "media". I just left a positive review on his book, I think all of you should as well.

+rep

Cdawg45
11-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Great idea. We need to throw our weight around a bit. Lets use the same enthusiasm that we display for money bombs and voting polls and use it for things like this! How many likes can we drive for Jerry Doyle stepping up and defending Ron Paul? I wrote a long letter to CNBC them that THEY are the hackers, trying to block American public opinion.

CableNewsJunkie
11-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Find out if Jerry Doyle is on a radio station near you.

http://www.jerrydoyle.com/stations

If not, help him out.