PDA

View Full Version : Free Coffee, Free Country- Black Friday Event

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Free Coffee, Free Country- Black Friday Event

This has been discussed before, but I think we need to look into this as a great way to reach the non-tech savvy voters.

STEP ONE:

Obtain a nice looking van, either through rental or meetup donation.

The outside of the Van should be decorated with Pro Ron Paul messages tailored to Black Friday shoppers, along with the typical Hope for America style signage.

"Free Coffee, Free Country"
"With a better economy, you wouldn't have to shop at 4am"
"Vote Ron Paul- Win a Free Country"
"The best handouts don't come from the government"
"Hot Drinks, Fresh Ideas"

STEP TWO:

Rent Urns for Coffee and Hot Water for Tea and Hot Chocolate.

Call around for prices, most places I saw were around 20 Dollars/Day.

http://www.midwaypartyrental.com/products.asp?PageID=3060&List=3

Step THREE:

Stock up on Ron Paul hand outs, slim jims, bumper stickers, and voter registration cards.

Step FOUR:

In the wee hours of Friday, November 23rd deliver hot drinks, and fresh ideas to the huddled masses yearning to save cash outside big box stores and shopping centers.

I think we could pull the whole thing off for less than 300 Dollars per van. Is this unreasonable? What do you guys think?

Im bad at web development, but I'll buy a site for it if you guys are interested in taking the message out off the web and into the streets.

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:01 PM
/bump'd for Coffee

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I know this isn't about Iowa debates or "FAUX news"... but can I get a little love here?

thehittgirl
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Saw the idea proposed here weeks ago and pitched it to our meetup group last night. They think it's great!

Jordan
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I love the idea. Its a good way to talk to people and get the message out.

Free coffee Free country is an awesome slogan.

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
have you looked into rates for your area?

MikeStanart
11-06-2007, 02:23 PM
This is a great audience to push Ron's stance on Taxes and saving money abroad.

I mean, after all...the people who wake up at 4 am in the morning are there to save money.

I"m sure they'd be delighted to hear there's a candadite who wants to phase out the Income Tax.

Razmear
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
There was a similar suggestion to set up highway rest stop coffee stations as well, might be something to push for the wednesday before Thanksgiving.

eb

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I completely agree with you mike, what are prices like in your area? Id like to get a baseline idea of what this will cost.

krott5333
11-06-2007, 02:28 PM
hot chocolate would be easier, dont have to deal with sugar/creamer.

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
hot chocolate would be easier, dont have to deal with sugar/creamer.

Yeah, the meetups would decide what is the best for their area. In new england if it there was no coffee i don't even think it would be worth doing. Maybe some places are more open minded.

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Im making a little logo for a site... can someone find local prices for Van rentals, Coffee Urn Rentals, and Bulk Cups/Cream/Sugar etc?

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
bump... any other meetups considering this?

princessredtights
11-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I think it's a great idea!

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 03:31 PM
you could do the instant coffee thing - with coffee, sugar and creamer in matching containers then just pour hot water and let people make their own coffee/cocoa/tea to suit themselves...then you only need paper cups and spoons and a wastebasket.

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
you could do the instant coffee thing - with coffee, sugar and creamer in matching containers then just pour hot water and let people make their own coffee/cocoa/tea to suit themselves...then you only need paper cups and spoons and a wastebasket.

True... what would the costs be? If its only 20-50 Dollars to rent a coffee urn it might be worth it to be able to simply hand them coffee.

Anyone work in catering? Know a guy who rents coffee? Anyone ever drink coffee?

How does instant taste?

micahnelson
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
I just bought www.freecoffeefreecountry.com. Anyone wanna help me put something there? Im kind of new at this.

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 09:13 AM
/bumped for help. I bought the domain. Anyone have any ideas to put on the site.

Those of you looking into this idea for your area, what are the rates you are finding?

AlienLanes82
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
This is a fantastic idea, and cost-effective too.

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I need a website guy, or someone who can host it to contact me so we can get the word out in time.

Id like to post rates for van rentals, coffee urns, coffee products, hot chocolate, etc...

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Man you guys post fast...

Just imagine the cold people drinking hot drinks and hearing fresh new ideas. People in those lines are cold and bored.

micahnelson
11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I am literally begging.

Where are those tech savvy ron paul supporters?

Kade
11-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I am literally begging.

Where are those tech savvy ron paul supporters?

Micah, I'll go out there with ya, if you want me to...

I'll help pay for the coffee too. Mostly because I admire your passion, and because you are occasionally a good friend. =P

micahnelson
11-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Micah, I'll go out there with ya, if you want me to...

I'll help pay for the coffee too. Mostly because I admire your passion, and because you are occasionally a good friend. =P

Bump because occasionally I am a good friend.

LibertyEagle
11-10-2007, 07:11 AM
I think this is a very good idea. :)

Sorry, I'm not a web designer. If I was, I would build one for you. Can anyone else help him out please?

MadTheologian
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I need a website guy, or someone who can host it to contact me so we can get the word out in time.

Id like to post rates for van rentals, coffee urns, coffee products, hot chocolate, etc...

Contact me off list. I could help out with that.

Carol :D