PDA

View Full Version : I agree with what congressman Paul said...

hammy
11-11-2011, 01:07 AM
I was thinking, after reading around the forums, that we should put together a video of the candidates saying or referring to agreement with Ron Paul during the debates. It seems like it happens a lot. I'd be more than happy to edit it, I'd just need someone to point me in the direction or give me a list of all the debates thus far. I'll scan through them and see who says what. I think it would be a really powerful video for our campaign.

kojirodensetsu
11-11-2011, 01:09 AM
This is a good idea.

The Magic Hoof
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Every time someone agrees with him, it's an awkward moment. Their body language and tone of voice shows that they're hesitant, or reluctant to admit that he's right, and like they're unwillingly obligated to agree with him publicly since they're put into a corner. On top of it, I sense that they get another unwilling obligation to agree with him publicly so people will look at the agreer and think, 'well if he's agreeing with Paul then he must not be 'in' on anything'.

Does anyone else catch this?

"Yeah, uh, well I agree with Paul. Uh, he's right on that one"

hammy
11-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I think it's perfect then. It makes the other candidates look awkward, while they pretty much endorse Ron Paul. Some sleight of hand in the editing room can make it even a little better.

KCIndy
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
It's a great idea - does anyone have any talent with collecting and editing videos? I wish I did, but half the time I'm lucky if I can find the "play" button on my video player.... :(

In the meantime, if anyone can find any YouTube or news video clips where any of the prospective candidates are saying, "I agree with Ron Paul" or "Ron Paul is right" can you please post the link here in this thread for easy reference?

hammy
11-11-2011, 02:00 AM
I can edit and collect the videos easily. I have multiple editing programs. If someone or anybody can just help me find the full debate videos that'd be awesome. And if someone would be willing to help scan through them that'd be even better.

Aigik
11-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah, that's there way of not having the guts to admit that Paul bested them on an issue and they don't have a better argument. So they say "I don't say this a lot, but I actually agreed with what congressman Paul said....", and then they proceed to rephrase what Paul just said and basically take the credit.

walt
11-11-2011, 04:13 AM
This is a good idea.

+1

Johnny Appleseed
11-11-2011, 06:44 AM
I suggested this a while ago but no one ever listens to me...boohoo

you could header it with "8 out of 8 candidates believe Ron Paul is right"

pacelli
11-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I can edit and collect the videos easily. I have multiple editing programs. If someone or anybody can just help me find the full debate videos that'd be awesome. And if someone would be willing to help scan through them that'd be even better.

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

wgadget
11-11-2011, 07:35 AM
This is a great idea.

May I also add that I have even heard the talking heads and pundits agreeing with Ron Paul. Maybe second in a series?

Krugerrand
11-11-2011, 07:41 AM
suggested closing line: "He's catching on!"

Lymeade-Lady
11-11-2011, 07:43 AM
I think you should also have something of when they copy his platform without crediting him. And show dates (like 2008) that he said things. One great topic would be the federal reserve. You should also have something about the teacher and the students. And if possible show how some of the candidates previously disagreed and NOW agree. For those of us who see it, it's incredible and really shows who the leader in the room is. IF only we could show that to everyone else. In fact we could show him teaching journalist. I can't remember which recent video I say where someone said that a lot of what RP was saying was over his head! Love it.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Chainspell and I are already working on this one. Look for the thread "Ron Paul: Right Then, Right Now, Right for America"

We're in the mode of finding and documenting those agreement clips. Anybody who can point to one of them, what video it's in and at what time on the clock, would be greatly appreciated.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Here's the thread for the project.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329157-Ron-Paul-Right-Then-Right-Now-Right-for-America

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 07:49 AM
This is a great idea.

May I also add that I have even heard the talking heads and pundits agreeing with Ron Paul. Maybe second in a series?

Great idea for the pundits who agree. I'll stick this in with the other thread as a reminder.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Chainspell and I are already working on this one. Look for the thread "Ron Paul: Right Then, Right Now, Right for America"

We're in the mode of finding and documenting those agreement clips. Anybody who can point to one of them, what video it's in and at what time on the clock, would be greatly appreciated.

This is a great idea. Maybe REVPAC can make a national commercial about it as well. I will try to help out with searching the debates for agreement shots.

outspoken
11-11-2011, 10:59 AM
great idea!

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 11:01 AM
This is a great idea. Maybe REVPAC can make a national commercial about it as well. I will try to help out with searching the debates for agreement shots.
I'm getting cross-eyed from watching debates. Any help finding those agreement shots would be great. A link to the video and a timestamp of what time it occurs in the video is all we need.

hammy
11-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Ok this is the roughest video ever, this -definitely- isn't any sort of final cut. These are just a few of the clips I got together. Didn't really do much anything yet until I got a feel for what everyone was thinking, should I keep getting more clips along this line? Or somethin' else?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qzdd_01cXg

NaturalMystic
11-12-2011, 09:55 AM
It should be coupled with some type of WINNER ad. It should say that he has won the hearts and minds of americans and have the other candidates saying they agree with him. Pump the Winner message hard and say now we just need an election show the rest of the world