PDA

View Full Version : The Press Release from Iowa is now online

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.iowagop.net/shownews.asp?artid=33

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I've read here that the last Des Moines Register poll had Ron at 4%.

ARG online from 10/30 has Ron at 1%.

Just so we are all clear on where we stand. :)

freelance
11-06-2007, 01:55 PM
That means that all we have left is:

Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the Des Moines Register.

Note that FOX and the GOP determine which polls. What does that tell you?

IowaSupport
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
It tells you I have to work a little harder :P

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Well %^&&^%

Austin
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Given the massive donations yesterday, it would be idiotic for FOX to leave Paul out of the debates. Oh, and the fact that he has won every single one of their "stacked" polls.

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Brainstorm time, kiddos.

We have to have a plan in case Fox keeps Ron out.

Get crackin.

We are THE BEST at creative and workable solutions to every obstacle they've tossed our way.

Now is no different.

:D

(Have I mentioned lately that I love you guys?)

a_european
11-06-2007, 02:01 PM
It is pathetic. For the Iowa GOP.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Iowa must be invaded.

schmeisser
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
We have to get creative and move the polls - at least in Iowa

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32939

Man from La Mancha
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
The gauntletis thrown down, get 10% by DEC, to make sure. Besides we have be that high before the primaries, more like 30%.

freelance
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
The phone calls aren't working. It seems that door-to-door is the only thing that could move the polls at this point.

Oh wait, we have to move NATIONAL polls, per the PR, so how are we gonna do that?

margomaps
Um, all of the national polls I've seen have had a margin of error between 4-5 points. This means, assuming the sample is representative of the population that's likely to vote in the Republican primaries (which it likely isn't), that we can state with 95% certainty that a candidate will receive his poll number plus or minus the margin of error. Therefore, EVERY candidate who gets more than about 1/2% in these polls should qualify once the margin of error is taken into consideration.

It is completely and utterly nonsensical to use the poll numbers without consideration of the margin of error.

ShowMeLiberty
Here is our "secret weapon": http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/03/AR2007110301306_pf.html

"Sixty percent of all Americans said they feel strongly that ... a change is needed" according to the Washington Post on November 4, 2007. People are ready for the message. All they need is someone to bring it to them.

That would be us. ;)

jgmaynard
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Brainstorm time, kiddos.
We have to have a plan in case Fox keeps Ron out.
Get crackin.

First thing I thought of is doing what we did before - hold a BIGGER rally across the street or as nearby as possible, maybe kicking off at the same time the other one is ending... People would leave the one-sided debate, then see an even larger crowd who Paul would have all to himself. :D

JM

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
It is completely and utterly nonsensical to use the poll numbers without consideration of the margin of error.

Fox is completely and utterly nonsensical. :D

gjdavis60
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
"4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to the registration deadline ..."

When is the "registration deadline"? Has it already passed? If the deadline occurs before the next poll, do they use the polling data they have now? Nothing would surprise me.

Shink
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I think there needs to be a dual effort--flood the Iowa GOP relentlessly with requests to have a fair, open debate AND a major push in Iowa. Maybe chipins for Des Moines Register ads and spots on Jan Mickelson/push for Ron to get on his show and on the trail. 515-263-8238 is Iowa GOP's number, I believe. No screaming. REQUEST TO SPEAK WITH THE GUY WHO'S IN CHARGE and still no yelling.

literatim
11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
We need TV ads, PACs need to get to work. :)

dircha
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
If we can't increase Ron Paul's standing in the polls to 5% before the debate, then we have no business being there.

I don't like watching debates with a field of no-chance candidates any more than any other American; they're right to do this, and if it wasn't our guy it affects, I suspect most of us would feel the same.

If we can't get 5% by this debate, we have all but lost anyhow.

dircha
11-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I think there needs to be a dual effort--flood the Iowa GOP relentlessly with requests to have a fair, open debate AND a major push in Iowa. Maybe chipins for Des Moines Register ads and spots on Jan Mickelson/push for Ron to get on his show and on the trail. 515-263-8238 is Iowa GOP's number, I believe. No screaming. REQUEST TO SPEAK WITH THE GUY WHO'S IN CHARGE and still no yelling.

I would advise against flooding them with requests. I don't see anything unfair.

Our candidate has failed to deliver in nationwide scientific polls. That's all there is to it. We don't like it. We want to change it. But it's a fact.

If Ron Paul can not get 5% by the time of the debate, then he is a no-chance candidate and if I'm fair, I can't honestly say I think he should be in a Republican GOP nomination debate.

The Dane
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM

You have got a point there...

Badger Paul
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
We need to be above 5 percent in the polls by then to have a chance in Iowa because poll numbers by then are hard opinions, not just name recognition.

constituent
11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
have you noticed that when you click the "volunteer" link there's a picture of a guy wearing a RP shirt, carrying a RP sign?