PDA

View Full Version : Defacing bills with Paul message (article)

tangent4ronpaul
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
The author is obviously not a Paul fan, but it's a good article on defacing currency.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_19308763?source=commented-

-t

Revolution9
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I own a 20 that Ron defaced with his signature over the FedRes seal. I wonder how much it is worth these days? I know it will be a major collectors item after Ron scores POTUS and gets rid of the fedres.

Rev9

McDermit
11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
It's not a good article at all.

Defacement = rendering a note unfit for circulation. Period.

A stamp along the margins or on the whitespace of a bill is NOT defacement. I've gone through more than 20 bricks of one dollar bills that came out of the FRB. A significant percentage of these bills have stamps, marker, pen ink, etc. on them. That means they were not deemed unfit for circulation by FRB scanners/personnel. If a stamp was considered defacement, all stamped bills would be pulled from circulation.

Avoid obscuring any security features--the security bar, watermarks, potrait, serial numbers, etc. It's also wise to avoid blue inks, as they can cause problem with vending machines and atms. If you want your bills to stay in circulation, write/stamp only along the margins and whitespace.

PeacePlan
11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I own a 20 that Ron defaced with his signature over the FedRes seal. I wonder how much it is worth these days? I know it will be a major collectors item after Ron scores POTUS and gets rid of the fedres.

Rev9

I have three silver backed dollars signed by Ron Paul - the old ones that you could turn in for silver.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Saw that article. Putitng "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" on our fiat currency is defacing them. They're already defective from the get go.

Keith and stuff
11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
The article is wrong. It's not defacing and is legal. Oh well. I like the idea.