PDA

View Full Version : Help Win Iowa! "Oath" Ad Chip-In

IDefendThePlatform
11-10-2011, 08:42 PM
We are trying to raise money to run RPF member dusman's "Oath" ad in an outstanding Iowa news weekly, Iowa Farmer Today.

Here is the incredibly powerful ad we are hoping to run:
http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/military-ad-outlined.jpg

Here is a link to the website for the weekly magazine where we will be running the ad:
http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/

H (http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/)ere is the email I received from the Iowa Farmer Today advertising salesman:

Thanks for your inquiry. Iowa Farmer Today (IFT) is Iowa’s best-read farm publication. In fact we are the second largest newspaper serving Iowans. IFT reaches over 90% of Iowa’s farmers every week with our tabloid-sized newspaper. We do deliver all copies via US Postal Service, Periodical Class. Over 70,000 copies are mailed weekly. Each recipient has requested to receive the publication and provided us with written evidence of their farming operation. I personally have experience helping political campaigns, as I have run advertising in past years for Senator Grassley, Congressman Latham, Greg Ganske and many others.

A full page (9.75” wide x 10” tall) 4/color political ad costs $3517.50 per insertion. That works out to roughly 5 cents per farm household reached. You can learn much more about our publication from our online media kit. There we have a circulation map, rate card, readership survey, online rates and more. That information is available to you at:
http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/site/advertise/.

Political ads receive our lowest published advertising rate, which is the Rural Living rate on our Display Ad rate sheet. Our online inventory is limited, so if you are interested in those ad positions please contact me again soon. We do require pre-payment for all political advertising.

I look forward to working with you and would be glad to answer any questions about Iowa Farmer Today. We publish Missouri Farmer Today as well and are part of an ag publications group called Lee Agri Media. You can learn more about advertising opportunities for those entities at: http://www.missourifarmertoday.com/site/advertise/ and http://www.leeagrimedia.com/.

Please reply or call with any questions,

And here is the link to Chip In to help get this ad into the hands of 70,000 Iowa farm HOUSEHOLDS (so, probably about 120,000 potential voters):
http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

We are trying to raise $3,517.50 for a full page, statewide ad. The sooner we get to $3,517.50 the sooner the ad runs. Deadlines are 10 days prior to that week's issue, so as soon as we have the money, we'll place the ad. Please contribute!

This is 5 cents per Iowa farm HOUSEHOLD. This demographic certainly includes a very high number of '08 Huckabee voters who are looking for a reason to support a candidate in this year's caucus. Let's tell them how incredibly much support Dr. Paul gets from the military and get them to support the Champion of the Constitution!

Chip In (again):

Running Update: C (http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine)hip In 100% filled! Thank You to all of you guys for your generous donations! Will post final version of ad later this week, and then upload pics of the actual ad when it comes out in the magazine next weekend (Should be Dec 4th). Awesome, awesome work everyone.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
TRACTOR BUMP

IDefendThePlatform
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Please post your receipts so you can be properly +repped! Thank you to our first donor of $50!

11-10-2011, 09:20 PM
ChipIn Event Title: Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup
Transaction ID: 78d6f4a70afb4b19
Contribution Amount: $10.00
Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:18 AM UTC

simon1911
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Thank you again for setting this up.

ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com)
Transaction ID: a7cc84f14a459835
Contribution Amount: $20.00
Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:52 AM UTC

Liber Team
11-10-2011, 09:58 PM
This is an effort seriously worth getting behind. As you may have noticed the campaign is trying to soften Ron's perceived negatives. I think this would be another great way to do that. Do you think the pie chart should include all the FEC Quarters? Maybe "VISIT RONPAUL2012.COM" should be bigger? I have a feeling Obama being on there with 28% will discredit this in the minds of Iowan conservatives...

With the campaign running their tv and radio ads in Iowa now and probably mailers, we need to get this out there before the November polls come out for Iowa.

sailingaway
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
This is an effort seriously worth getting behind. As you may have noticed the campaign is trying to soften Ron's perceived negatives. I think this would be another great way to do that. Do you think the pie chart should include all the FEC Quarters? Maybe "VISIT RONPAUL2012.COM" should be bigger? I have a feeling Obama being on there with 28% will discredit this in the minds of Iowan conservatives...

With the campaign running their tv and radio ads in Iowa now and probably mailers, we need to get this out there before the November polls come out for Iowa.

I think having Obama in there is good, he is the Commander in Chief and Ron still gets more than him. Besides I think it reaffirms the thought that it will take Ron to beat Obama.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Midnight bump

cucucachu0000
11-10-2011, 11:14 PM
our contribution to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com )
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 5:11 AM UTC

XTreat
11-10-2011, 11:17 PM
donated.

IDefendThePlatform
11-11-2011, 06:03 AM
It's been pointed out to me that I should probably mention that dusman is working on a final final version of the ad, that I think is going to have the graph with just Dr. Paul vs the other GOPers. I know a lot of us have gone back and forth on that, but I thought that was at least something of a plurality of opinion, if not a complete consensus.

At any rate, I hope any minor tweaks in the ad won't deter anyone from donating. I think we all agree it's an extremely powerful ad and one that will help us immensely, especially with the amount of respect that most Iowa farmers generally give to our men and women in uniform.

Thank you to all our donors so far!

sailingaway
11-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I really like it with Obama, I think it shows him trouncing him into the dust, so to speak, which is a good thing.

I liked the old graph better personally, but whatever.

I think first priority today is the moneybomb, but there are those who have maxed out or may just want to add also to this project. (Like me)

Your contribution to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine has been processed via PayPal:
ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com)
Transaction ID: 1456342e19e90a38

trey4sports
11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
+rep for the idea.

milo10
11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
ChipIn Event Organizer: Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup (tonystuntz@hotmail.com)
Transaction ID: 0e0ca4c199f06495
Contribution Amount: $25.00
Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 3:13 PM UTC

Great idea.

Iowa is make or break, as far as I'm concerned. These are the efforts that really need to be supported.

milo10
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
It's been pointed out to me that I should probably mention that dusman is working on a final final version of the ad, that I think is going to have the graph with just Dr. Paul vs the other GOPers. I know a lot of us have gone back and forth on that, but I thought that was at least something of a plurality of opinion, if not a complete consensus.

I was going to suggest that you add "Ron Paul" in larger lettering somewhere on the ad, like on the lower right. A lot of people who just glance at it very quickly may not see what it is about. But, that's your call, only a suggestion.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Bump

The Binghamton Patriot
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
bump..will donate tomorrow when I get my check

GeorgiaAvenger
11-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I think this is so legitimate and important that it should be put at the top of the page. The mods need to help out with this grassroots fundraising.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I think this is so legitimate and important that it should be put at the top of the page. The mods need to help out with this grassroots fundraising.bump

sailingaway
11-11-2011, 08:16 PM
If the op asks Josh tomorrow he might put it at the top. Mods can't. But in any event, the moneybomb is today, so tomorrow might be better. I'd sticky it, but people ignore those.

Liber Team
11-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I think this needs to be a stickied post on the front page and a link on all the pages.

cucucachu0000
11-11-2011, 10:04 PM
get this put on the front page youll get the goal in no time.

Lord Xar
11-12-2011, 02:11 PM
bump
--> any updates on when the final ads will be ready for view?

MRoCkEd
11-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Might be nitpicking, but the chart implies that Ron Paul isn't a Republican. It should say "All Other GOP Candidates". Otherwise, good work!

GunnyFreedom
11-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Might be nitpicking, but the chart implies that Ron Paul isn't a Republican. It should say "All Other GOP Candidates". Otherwise, good work!

agree

Lord Xar
11-12-2011, 02:37 PM
agree

co-sign

GunnyFreedom
11-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Receipt ID 9a2b74fd3979eaf0
Paid By:
Glen Bradley (glen@glenbradley.net)
For:
Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
Method:
PayPal (glen@glenbradley.net)
Total:
$25.00

Great project! Wish I could have sent more -- I'm kinda in hock and living on ramen noodles to try and fund my NC Senate campaign

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 03:15 PM
agree

also agree

dusman
11-12-2011, 03:19 PM
bump
--> any updates on when the final ads will be ready for view?

I'll try to get the finals ready by tomorrow.

IndianaPolitico
11-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Bump! Can someone post this on the dailypaul, and does anyone know who runs the big Ron Paul 2012 facebook page? If they promoted it, then this could move FAST!

sailingaway
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I posted it at daily paul. However, since these tend to fall off the front page there it would help if people would follow this link and 'up vote' it, because up voted comments have a blurb in a section on the front page: http://www.dailypaul.com/186895/chip-in-for-fantastic-grass-roots-iowa-ad-featuring-graph-comparing-rons-military-donations-to-other-candidates

IDefendThePlatform
11-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Bump. Up to $200 from 9 different donors so far and climbing fast. Thanks for posting at Daily Paul as well. A sticky/front page would be terrific.

Liber Team
11-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I posted it at daily paul. However, since these tend to fall off the front page there it would help if people would follow this link and 'up vote' it, because up voted comments have a blurb in a section on the front page: http://www.dailypaul.com/186895/chip-in-for-fantastic-grass-roots-iowa-ad-featuring-graph-comparing-rons-military-donations-to-other-candidates
done

cdc482
11-12-2011, 10:58 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
11-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Now at $394 from 12 different contributors and rising...

Paulitics 2011
11-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I think you should leave Obama in the picture. It shows that Ron Paul makes more than all of the others combined. Ron Paul is a candidate that can appeal to both Repblicans and Democrats. And we should leave it that way. Plus, Obama is the sitting CIC, so it shows that servicemen want him more than Obama or any other Republican.

Also, say "All Other GOP Candidates"

Great idea, and good job with the ad too!

IndianaPolitico
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Bump! Voted up on the DailyPaul and left a comment.

IDefendThePlatform
11-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Bump! Voted up on the DailyPaul and left a comment.
Thank you! +rep

GunnyFreedom
11-13-2011, 12:41 PM
I think you should leave Obama in the picture. It shows that Ron Paul makes more than all of the others combined. Ron Paul is a candidate that can appeal to both Repblicans and Democrats. And we should leave it that way. Plus, Obama is the sitting CIC, so it shows that servicemen want him more than Obama or any other Republican.

I like this

Liber Team
11-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I've emailed and am waiting to hear back about running the ad in the Daily Iowan and Des Moines Register...

danbeaulieu
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
tweeted

danbeaulieu
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
tweeted and added to my blog http://danbeaulieu.blogspot.com/

WIwarrior
11-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I just donated $150. We can thank CBS for my donation.

Lord Xar
11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
don't you think Obama should be omitted. This is the GOP primary, and I feel by including Obama - it muddles the thought process. One is more likely to associate Obama with Ron Paul, not Ron Paul vs. the other GOP.

Lord Xar
11-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Then you should put Obama IN with the GOP. I think the average voter will correlate Ron Paul w/ Obama... if it is broken out.

Can others weigh in on this - this is an important distinction and could actually turn off voters, imho, by leaving Obama in there.... Someone send this image to Tom Woods - actually, I will send him this thread - see if he has an opinion on it.

RSLudlum
11-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Sent a little and hoping many others will do the same.

Receipt ID df66a4b15b83c337
Paid By: shawn ludlum (kidid@knology.net)
For: Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
Method: PayPal
Total: $10.00

jduyvun
11-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Strong message

Lavitz
11-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you to our first donor of $50!

You're welcome :)

Transaction ID: 66c0f42a7a97c93b
Contribution Amount: $50.00
Contribution Date: November 11, 2011 2:45 AM UTC

Thomas
11-13-2011, 06:45 PM
This issue is holding us back and that's why I think we need to get this funded and hopefully more like it ASAP.

RSLudlum
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Bump

wd4freedom
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
donated....keep up the good fight!

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
11-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Now at $877 from 27 different donors. Almost 1/3 of the way there. You guys rock.

pauliticalfan
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
bump to see the final versions.

And I vote having Obama out. Goal number one is distinguishing Ron from the other GOP. Obama is merely a distraction.

Lord Xar
11-13-2011, 10:22 PM
K. I heard back - this is what he wrote:

"I agree Obama shouldn't be on the graph. It obscures the point you are trying to make, paricularly in a GOP primary. Make the difference between Ron and the others as stark as possible. Removing Obama helps accomplish that. Compare Ron to others they have a chance to vote for; Obama is not in that category."

IDefendThePlatform
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
K. I heard back - this is what he wrote:

"I agree Obama shouldn't be on the graph. It obscures the point you are trying to make, paricularly in a GOP primary. Make the difference between Ron and the others as stark as possible. Removing Obama helps accomplish that. Compare Ron to others they have a chance to vote for; Obama is not in that category."

That seems to agree with a plurality of opinion on here, although I can certainly put up a poll with both options once dusman finishes off the obama-less version. Also if this little back and forth affects the donations of anyone who has donated or is considering donating, please let me know so we can get it resolved. We're setting a great pace with donations so far, hopefully we'll get to $3517 soon!

pauliticalfan
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
That seems to agree with a plurality of opinion on here, although I can certainly put up a poll with both options once dusman finishes off the obama-less version. Also if this little back and forth affects the donations of anyone who has donated or is considering donating, please let me know so we can get it resolved. We're setting a great pace with donations so far, hopefully we'll get to $3517 soon!

To be frank, what's holding me back from donating, and likely many others, is that we've yet to see any new versions other than the one posted in the OP, which has been around for quite awhile. We need to get the ball moving much faster on this. Until people start seeing some alternate versions and real action, they're gonna be hesitant to donate.

IDefendThePlatform
11-13-2011, 10:50 PM
To be frank, what's holding me back from donating, and likely many others, is that we've yet to see any new versions other than the one posted in the OP, which has been around for quite awhile. We need to get the ball moving much faster on this. Until people start seeing some alternate versions and real action, they're gonna be hesitant to donate.

Understandable, although I appreciate the donations made so far. I know dusman has his hands in several other grassroots projects right now as well, but I also know he's planning on doing that other version soon.

Just for kicks, here is Iowa Farmer Today's Facebook page if anyone is interested in checking it out:
http://www.facebook.com/IowaFarmerToday

(http://www.facebook.com/IowaFarmerToday)

IDefendThePlatform
11-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Morning Bump!

FriedChicken
11-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Very glad to say I donated ... but could only spare $5.
Maybe I'll come up with more later - I have to sort out my priorities with some other stuff I'm putting money into (super brochures, robocalls, ect.) to figure out what else I can afford.

I will send out a notification about this to some groups on facebook.

IDefendThePlatform
11-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Very glad to say I donated ... but could only spare $5.
Maybe I'll come up with more later - I have to sort out my priorities with some other stuff I'm putting money into (super brochures, robocalls, ect.) to figure out what else I can afford.

I will send out a notification about this to some groups on facebook.

Thank You! +rep

sailingaway
11-14-2011, 09:21 AM

I just bumped this thread at DP but if people who can post there can bump it from time to time, that will really help.

Thanks!

dusman
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I apologize for the delay here! I'm trying to get to this as soon as possible, but between client projects and preparing for TeaParty '11, I'm really short on time!

I will do my best to get these variations out today if I can!

roversaurus
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I just wish you would change the graph to just compare Paul to the republican candidates.
1> It makes Paul look even better!
2> When REPUBLICANS see that Obama gets more than all the other republicans JUST like Paul they will associate Paul with Obama. We don't want any more of that. We are competing against REPUBLICANS right now not Obama.

IndianaPolitico
11-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I apologize for the delay here! I'm trying to get to this as soon as possible, but between client projects and preparing for TeaParty '11, I'm really short on time!

I will do my best to get these variations out today if I can!

Thanks for doing this Dusman!

IDefendThePlatform
11-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Bump! Cmon guys, these are homeless Huckabee voters just looking for a candidate to support!

Liber Team
11-14-2011, 10:57 PM
bump!

IDefendThePlatform
11-14-2011, 11:24 PM
You're welcome :)

Welcome to the forums!

RSLudlum
11-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Bump RP higher in IA.

IndianaPolitico
11-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Bump! We are now tied for first in Iowa, something like this could push us even higher!

IDefendThePlatform
11-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Up to $1,080 raised from 35 individual contributors, 1/3 of the way there! This will be an amazing boost to help push Ron Paul over the top for sure in Iowa. Keep it coming guys!

ross11988
11-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Why are people rating this thread down. Im smelling a troll. The Phone from Home thread was rated down also.

freejack
11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
11/15/2011
Receipt ID xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Total: $20.00

Come on folks let's get this printed!

V3n
11-15-2011, 09:58 AM
edit - nevermind - bump

XTreat
11-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Ok I had to donate again after this mornings news!

Trigonx
11-15-2011, 10:04 AM
11/15/2011
Receipt ID e5c104fc78f717b2
Paid By: me
Total: $20.00

FriedChicken
11-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I will donate another $5 IF 2 other people donate that much or more in the next 2 hours.
Who's it going to be?

Pizzo
11-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Transaction ID: 271d84adxxxxxxxx
Contribution Amount: $20.00
Contribution Date: November 15, 2011 4:06 PM UTC

IndianaPolitico
11-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Dusman, how are the ads coming?

FriedChicken
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
if one more person posts their donation of $5 or more in this thread in the next hour I'm going to donate ...
Hurry.

Liber Team
11-15-2011, 01:45 PM
If this gets funded we'll have more great ads to run!

flaversaver
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM
How much more do we need? I might get a huge commission check next week.

barth
11-15-2011, 01:54 PM
I guess foreigners cannot donate because this ad is in relation to the election ?

Freedom of Speech
11-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Looks like $1150 of $3517 raised so far....$2367 more to go.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I guess foreigners cannot donate because this ad is in relation to the election ?

I honestly don't know, but I saw someone at dp thinking he COULD chip in because it wasn't a campaign committee ad, but a supporter one. I don't know, personally, though.

IDefendThePlatform
11-15-2011, 02:23 PM

We're at $1,150 out of $3,517. And I know we could run it in a few more places, as Liber Team would like to do, once we've raised enough for this magazine.

sailingaway
11-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I think we should do one showing how well Ron polls against Obama. Essentially, he's the anti Romney who can win.

I bumped the thread on this I started at DP

Freedom of Speech
11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
We're at $1,150 out of $3,517. And I know we could run it in a few more places, as Liber Team would like to do, once we've raised enough for this magazine.

Maybe add that at the top of the first post and update it regularly..

$1150 Out of $3517 Raised as of 3:45 ET Nov.15 - CHIP IN HERE: http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

or

STILL NEED $2367 of $3517 as of 3:45 ET Nov.15 - CHIP IN HERE: http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

Then bump the thread after updating.

IndianaPolitico
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Something just hit me, I think we need to add something like, "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucus." Asking for someone's vote helps.

pauliticalfan
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Now is the time to get these ads up in Iowa.

craezie
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I donated $25. Its all I can spare right now, as I have a lot of other campaign related things going on.

beardedlinen
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm not doing too well financially right now, but here ya go. :)

Your Receipt

Your contribution to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine has been processed via PayPal:

Transaction ID: b5d53425d8362034
Contribution Date: November 15, 2011 11:47 PM UTC

beardedlinen
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
This thread keeps getting pushed down. Bump.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Bump

IDefendThePlatform
11-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Bump - just updated the OP

IDefendThePlatform
11-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Something just hit me, I think we need to add something like, "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucus." Asking for someone's vote helps.

I had this same thought. If it can be squeezed in there I'd love to see it. Of course there's probably other stuff that people could suggest to do differently too, but at some point we just need to get it finalized. I'm happy with every version I've seen so far.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I really implore the site owner to put this at the top of every page. With over a 1,000 dollars in donations already, it is clear this can be accomplished, but lets do it faster.

Liber Team
11-15-2011, 08:14 PM
I really implore the site owner to put this at the top of every page. With over a 1,000 dollars in donations already, it is clear this can be accomplished, but lets do it faster.

!!!

Freedom of Speech
11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
$1170 Out of $3517 Raised as of this post with $2347 more needed: http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

seawolf
11-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Great idea!!! With Ron Paul now tied for first in Iowa (Bloomberg Poll) this advertisement can really help our Hero.

Please chip-in if you have a dollar or two....

Freedom of Speech
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Great idea!!! With Ron Paul now tied for first in Iowa (Bloomberg Poll) this advertisement can really help our Hero.

Please chip-in if you have a dollar or two....

or 3 or 4 or 2347 :p

beardedlinen
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Perhaps some advertising on Facebook will help?

Liber Team
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Perhaps some advertising on Facebook will help?

on it

mstrmac1
11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Has anyone tried to negotiate the ad price? Who have you gotten pricing from? If you give me the name/number I could help! What day do you want it to run?

I invest about 100 k a month in TV, Radio, and Paper. My experience is that its always negotiable. You just need the right people to do it. I could get my ad agency to do it for free. We could probably at least get 15-20% off.

IDefendThePlatform
11-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Morning bump!

IDefendThePlatform
11-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Has anyone tried to negotiate the ad price? Who have you gotten pricing from? If you give me the name/number I could help! What day do you want it to run?

I invest about 100 k a month in TV, Radio, and Paper. My experience is that its always negotiable. You just need the right people to do it. I could get my ad agency to do it for free. We could probably at least get 15-20% off.

Hmm. Yeah I can ask. I'll probably make the request on the grounds that we may want to run another closer to the caucus in December and see if he'll lower the price any. Good idea.

IDefendThePlatform
11-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Now at $1,175 from 42 different donors. Need $2,342 more to run the ad. Please donate! http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

trey4sports
11-16-2011, 09:12 AM
bump. This is very important folks! Does this have a thread at DP?

Freedom of Speech
11-16-2011, 12:18 PM

IndianaPolitico
11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
As soon as Dusman gets the ad done, I will see if I can get some money around and donate. Does anyone run any Ron Paul facebook pages? This would be a good project to promote!

IndianaPolitico
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
We need a push to get this funded. Can we frontpage this like we did for the billboards?

IndianaPolitico
11-16-2011, 02:40 PM
We need a push to get this funded. Can we frontpage this like we did for the billboards?
Mods? Admins?

Eric21ND
11-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Post this project on the Ron Paul 2012 facebook fan page.

tsai3904
11-16-2011, 02:57 PM

This is important. Negotiating could save hundreds of dollars and it does seem reasonable that prices are negotiable in this economic environment.

Uriah
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I like this idea. But with an ad that is 9x10 couldn't we get a little more info in there. I don't want to dilute this message but I'm just thinking... I guess it's thought provoking and may drive people to the website. Keep in mind, not all farmers are Republicans. So whatever you end up with needs to be neutral without negating it's effectiveness.

Liber Team
11-16-2011, 06:37 PM
push! we have more projects in the works!

GeorgiaAvenger
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM

airborne373
11-16-2011, 07:00 PM
T.S. I dropped $20.00 in your chipin. Will donate more in a few days if others get on board and donate also.

beardedlinen
11-16-2011, 07:13 PM

this

IDefendThePlatform
11-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Total now at $1,266 of $3,517 or 35% of the way there. Keep it coming everyone! Iowa is going to be a close race. This could be the difference between a Ron Paul presidency or more war, deficit and big government intrusions for the next several decades.

IDefendThePlatform
11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Morning bump.

WIwarrior
11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
bump

Vampire
11-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I had donated $50.00. It is up to $1,286 as of now. Iowa is important, and Ron Paul is getting up there in the polls:D. Almost half way there. WOOT!

jt8025
11-17-2011, 03:03 PM
ChipIn Event Title:Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine
Contribution Amount:$25.00
Contribution Date:November 17, 2011 8:59 PM UTC

Lord Xar
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Can we see the final design? I think a few of us are waiting on that. It is like paying for something we can't see yet, at least for me.

p.s. - I am assuming you are removing Obama's numbers from the graph.

pauliticalfan
11-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Can we see the final design? I think a few of us are waiting on that. It is like paying for something we can't see yet, at least for me.

Bump.

eduardo89
11-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Bump.

GunnyFreedom
11-17-2011, 06:48 PM

Yea mon

IndianaPolitico
11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Bump! Dusman, how are the ads coming? I know you are busy, just excited to see them.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-17-2011, 07:21 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
11-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Up to $1,266 from 50 different donors out of $3,517 needed. Thank You and please Keep it coming!

A (http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine)nd yes, I'm also excited to see the final version, hopefully will be within the next few days or so if I understood correctly.

And as long as I'm here, I just got back from our precinct leader meeting tonight here in Iowa and it went very well. Our campaign coordinator seemed extremely well organized and motivated to increase our numbers. We'll be having another meeting Saturday, continuing phonebanking and canvassing, and hopefully just keep snowballing all the way through December. I feel like this ad along with the grassroots supervoterbomb could be a big part of our success in increasing our numbers and reaching new constituencies (farmers especially since we can't really canvass them). Feeling better about things but still extremely nervous about our position in the polls.

Freedom of Speech
11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Up to $1,266 from 50 different donors out of $3,517 needed. Thank You and please Keep it coming!

A (http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine)nd yes, I'm also excited to see the final version, hopefully will be within the next few days or so if I understood correctly.

And as long as I'm here, I just got back from our precinct leader meeting tonight here in Iowa and it went very well. Our campaign coordinator seemed extremely well organized and motivated to increase our numbers. We'll be having another meeting Saturday, continuing phonebanking and canvassing, and hopefully just keep snowballing all the way through December. I feel like this ad along with the grassroots supervoterbomb could be a big part of our success in increasing our numbers and reaching new constituencies (farmers especially since we can't really canvass them). Feeling better about things but still extremely nervous about our position in the polls.

Great to hear and great job with everything!

Looks like it's up to $1410 (40% of the way there) of the $3517 with $2107 more to go: http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

Thanks to all who have donated!

IDefendThePlatform
11-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Insomniac bump.

dusman
11-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Alright guys, I will positively be working on this this weekend. I appreciate you all being so patient with me!

Oklahoman
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Go get em dusman, and great job! Can we email out a copy of the ad when it's finished to those of us who need it locally?

You contributed $25.00 to Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine

Payment Details
Save or print this page for your records11/18/2011
Receipt ID

Total: $25.00

This receipt confirms that you authorized a payment to Omaha/Council Bluffs Ron Paul Meetup for the event Oath Ad in Iowa Farmer Today Magazine. Should you have questions regarding this transaction, please visit our FAQ or contact us at contact.chipin.com.

Freedom of Speech
11-18-2011, 01:50 PM
LESS THAN $2000 MORE TO GO: http://omahameetup.chipin.com/oath-ad-in-iowa-farmer-today-magazine

$1525.25 of $3517 donated so far with $1991.75 more to go.

VoluntaryAmerican
11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Poor man bump.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-18-2011, 06:03 PM
bump

beardedlinen
11-18-2011, 06:26 PM
bumpsters

european
11-19-2011, 02:42 AM
bump

IndianaPolitico
11-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Bump!

trey4sports
11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
liberty bump.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-19-2011, 02:05 PM
bump

IDefendThePlatform
11-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Sunday morning bump! Now at 43% full and climbing...

IndianaPolitico
11-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Bump!

IDefendThePlatform
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Bump! Remember the ad executive who is helping us with Iowa Farmer Today has worked on many successful Iowa political campaigns, mostly prominent Republicans (including Chuck Grassley, THE Iowa Republican in Congress). So we've got an experienced hand and also an audience who successful Iowa Republican Representatives consider very valuable to reach. This is gold for us!

Also, as a quick comparison, the Supervoter Bomb (which is AMAZING) costs $1.20 per Iowa household reached. This ad costs 5 cents per Iowa household reached. Farmers are generally older and largely conservative Republicans, but to err on the safe side (and compensate for the fact that supervoters are somewhat more likely to vote than farmers) let's throw out 50% of those 70,000 households; We are still reaching probably around 35-40,000 Iowa Republican households at a cost of 10 cents per household, with an AMAZING ad.

Now if only half of those households read the magazine and see the ad (also a conservative estimate IMO), it still costs us only 20 cents per household. The brochure (which, again, is incredibly awesome) would have to convert 6x as many people who receive it to be equivalent cost-wise. And of people who receive direct mail the number who actually open it and read is probably less than 50%, which means the brochure would need to convert 12 people for every 1 person this ad converts.

Remember, these are largely former Huckabee voters just waiting for a reason to support a true conservative. For many who see this ad it will be all the reason they need to get behind Dr. Paul and check his name at the caucus. We can do this!

If possible please make your most generous donation here and help us start Ron Paul on the road to the Presidency!

beardedlinen
11-20-2011, 10:21 PM
bump

Lord Xar
11-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I'll be in for $100, and my bro too once the final mock is finalized. Any idea when Dusman will be done with it?

LopTarDaBoo
11-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Looks good. Really a shame the campaign doesn't bring up this info more often.

Transaction ID: 599d14cd683af840
Contribution Date: November 21, 2011 4:40 AM UTC

IndianaPolitico
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Bump! I can't wait to see the ads. (hint) :D

trey4sports
11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Bump! Remember the ad executive who is helping us with Iowa Farmer Today has worked on many successful Iowa political campaigns, mostly prominent Republicans (including Chuck Grassley, THE Iowa Republican in Congress). So we've got an experienced hand and also an audience who successful Iowa Republican Representatives consider very valuable to reach. This is gold for us!

Also, as a quick comparison, the Supervoter Bomb (which is AMAZING) costs $1.20 per Iowa household reached. This ad costs 5 cents per Iowa household reached. Farmers are generally older and largely conservative Republicans, but to err on the safe side (and compensate for the fact that supervoters are somewhat more likely to vote than farmers) let's throw out 50% of those 70,000 households; We are still reaching probably around 35-40,000 Iowa Republican households at a cost of 10 cents per household, with an AMAZING ad.

Now if only half of those households read the magazine and see the ad (also a conservative estimate IMO), it still costs us only 20 cents per household. The brochure (which, again, is incredibly awesome) would have to convert 6x as many people who receive it to be equivalent cost-wise. And of people who receive direct mail the number who actually open it and read is probably less than 50%, which means the brochure would need to convert 12 people for every 1 person this ad converts.

Remember, these are largely former Huckabee voters just waiting for a reason to support a true conservative. For many who see this ad it will be all the reason they need to get behind Dr. Paul and check his name at the caucus. We can do this!

If possible please make your most generous donation here and help us start Ron Paul on the road to the Presidency!

With all due respect those are some big assumptions. You're assuming that half the people who read the magazine will see the ad which I think is on the very high side of things. I'd say you're looking at more like 10 - 20% seeing the ad and I'd also say the amount of people who the direct mail piece will be higher than 50%.

IndianaPolitico
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
We have raised all of the money? Awesome!

IDefendThePlatform
11-21-2011, 12:43 PM
We have raised all of the money? Awesome!

Yes we have! Thank You again to everyone who gave! We'll get the final version of the ad up for all to see, then get it to the publisher hopefully later this week. The magazines lead time is 8 days, so if we get it in by this Friday I believe it will be published in next weekend's edition. And of course I'll post pics here of the physical magazine for everyone to see.

You guys are incredible. Thanks again to all the generous donors and contributors!

pauliticalfan
11-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Still don't understand why we haven't seen any updated ads. We need time to come to a consensus on the most effective version before we publish, no?

kotetu
11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Yes we have! Thank You again to everyone who gave! We'll get the final version of the ad up for all to see, then get it to the publisher hopefully later this week. The magazines lead time is 8 days, so if we get it in by this Friday I believe it will be published in next weekend's edition. And of course I'll post pics here of the physical magazine for everyone to see.

You guys are incredible. Thanks again to all the generous donors and contributors!

Looking forward to seeing the ad and the photos of the magazine! :) Share on Facebook too - in the Ron Paul Moneybomb Calendar promotion group.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-21-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Reagan's endorsement of Ron Paul and his understanding of our military should be put in the ad.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-21-2011, 07:35 PM
bump

Christelle
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Bump Almost there!!!!!

Lord Xar
11-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Still don't understand why we haven't seen any updated ads. We need time to come to a consensus on the most effective version before we publish, no?

co-sign.

danbeaulieu
11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
great grassroots effort and congrats on your personal success of making this happen. Ron Paul 2012

IDefendThePlatform
11-21-2011, 09:12 PM
If anyone here is capable of using photoshop or whatever editing tool and wants to make the requested alterations to the ad, please do so.

We're starting to run into a time crunch and I know dusman would appreciate the help. If we can get a final version up here by Friday then the ad should run the following weekend.

At this point my personal list of changes would just be
1) Make graph Ron Paul vs All Other Gop Candidates
2) Add in "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucuses Jan 3rd"
3) Maybe make the "Visit RonPaul2012.com" line a little bigger/more visible

I know there's other good suggestions too, so if anyone wants to do this please, please go for it.

pauliticalfan
11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
If anyone here is capable of using photoshop or whatever editing tool and wants to make the requested alterations to the ad, please do so.

We're starting to run into a time crunch and I know dusman would appreciate the help. If we can get a final version up here by Friday then the ad should run the following weekend.

At this point my personal list of changes would just be
1) Make graph Ron Paul vs All Other Gop Candidates
2) Add in "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucuses Jan 3rd"
3) Maybe make the "Visit RonPaul2012.com" line a little bigger/more visible

I know there's other good suggestions too, so if anyone wants to do this please, please go for it.

Dusman is obviously an extremely busy person, because he's been unable to deliver the ad within a reasonable timeframe (not trying to be rude). My suggestion would be that he sends the raw file to someone who is able to make the necessary changes. I'd be willing to give it a shot if he sent me the file and let me know what editing program he's using. Please let me know ASAP.

Freedom of Speech
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
WOW! GREAT JOB! Thanks to all the donators!

Looking forward to seeing the ad.

pauliticalfan in the post above has volunteered to help edit the ad if the person working on it is too busy.

Paulitics 2011
11-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Reagan's endorsement of Ron Paul and his understanding of our military should be put in the ad.

Agreed. And if we could also get some quotes from that CIA official who wrote about blowback.

Freedom of Speech
11-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Update?

pauliticalfan
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
This thing is 100% funded, and we haven't heard a word? We need to get moving.

IDefendThePlatform
11-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Just as an update, we're looking/waiting for dusman or anyone who can to make a few minor alterations to the ad and then after seeing those we'll put it in the magazine. If we can't get those made within a week or 2, I'll probably just run it as is, if everyone's ok with that. I would be happy to edit it myself, but since my 3rd microsoft Pain skillz would only make a mockery of it I feel just a little helpless.

Regardless, I'm still pumped about the ad running soon and am completely blown away by the generosity of everyone on here. I really think this ad will garner Ron Paul a significant % of votes for a relatively small cost. We must win Iowa!

beardedlinen
11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Just as an update, we're looking/waiting for dusman or anyone who can to make a few minor alterations to the ad and then after seeing those we'll put it in the magazine. If we can't get those made within a week or 2, I'll probably just run it as is, if everyone's ok with that. I would be happy to edit it myself, but since my 3rd microsoft Pain skillz would only make a mockery of it I feel just a little helpless.

Regardless, I'm still pumped about the ad running soon and am completely blown away by the generosity of everyone on here. I really think this ad will garner Ron Paul a significant % of votes for a relatively small cost. We must win Iowa!

Have you messaged Dus?

IDefendThePlatform
11-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Have you messaged Dus?
Yes but I'm not sure when he'll be able to get to it so if anyone can step up and edit what we have, please do so.

The other thing, what about putting the new ronpaul2012.com/farmers web link in the ad? It looks like the link works even if people don't have facebook, and since the magazine is Iowa Farmer Today....

I think for whoever can edit this that we should put both ronpaul2012.com/veterans AND ronpaul2012.com/farmers in the lower right hand corner instead of the current ronpaul2012.com or the other veterans for paul links that we talked about earlier. And I checked and both links go to facebook, but if you don't have facebook they still work!

So my new summary of tweeks that I'd like to see is
1) Obama eliminated from graph
2) Reworded to "All Other Gop Candidate Combined"
3) "Vote Ron Paul in the Iowa Caucus January 3rd" somewhere near the middle/bottom of the ad
4) "Visit ronpaul2012.com/veterans and ronpaul2012.com/farmers" in lower right

I personally don't think anymore additions would be beneficial because I think the strength of the ad is it's directness and simplicity. It really is a "wow" type of impression and I personally think adding in more info on Dr. P's background or Reagan quotes kinda detracts just a bit. Just my IMO. Thoughts? If someone steps up to edit it maybe they can do a couple/three different versions and we can run a quick grassroots poll on it.

pauliticalfan
11-25-2011, 12:25 AM

I've volunteered to have a crack at editing the ad, but I would need the raw file and whatever program was used to create it.

Freedom of Speech
11-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Yes but I'm not sure when he'll be able to get to it so if anyone can step up and edit what we have, please do so.

The other thing, what about putting the new ronpaul2012.com/farmers web link in the ad? It looks like the link works even if people don't have facebook, and since the magazine is Iowa Farmer Today....

I think for whoever can edit this that we should put both ronpaul2012.com/veterans AND ronpaul2012.com/farmers in the lower right hand corner instead of the current ronpaul2012.com or the other veterans for paul links that we talked about earlier. And I checked and both links go to facebook, but if you don't have facebook they still work!

So my new summary of tweeks that I'd like to see is
1) Obama eliminated from graph
2) Reworded to "All Other Gop Candidate Combined"
3) "Vote Ron Paul in the Iowa Caucus January 3rd" somewhere near the middle/bottom of the ad
4) "Visit ronpaul2012.com/veterans and ronpaul2012.com/farmers" in lower right

I personally don't think anymore additions would be beneficial because I think the strength of the ad is it's directness and simplicity. It really is a "wow" type of impression and I personally think adding in more info on Dr. P's background or Reagan quotes kinda detracts just a bit. Just my IMO. Thoughts? If someone steps up to edit it maybe they can do a couple/three different versions and we can run a quick grassroots poll on it.

Definitely like your #2 and #3 changes, #4 if it fits and looks ok.

I also agree the directness and simplicity of this ad is what makes it so powerful. Adding too much can dilute the main message of the ad.

The only time I'd ad more is if it was a full page ad in a major newspaper but then just ad pictures/quotes of several actual Veterans and Military who support Ron Paul.

Keep us updated as to how it's going. Thanks!

Lord Xar
11-25-2011, 02:59 PM
IDefendThePlatform -- Can you contact Dusman and have him send you the PDF? There are now two projects hinging on this, and people have donated money.

If not for nothing, I have a buddy who can edit the pdf's but I know these forums have alot of talented artist who can do it too.

IndianaPolitico
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Dusman, we have the money raised. We just need the ad.

Lord Xar
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Dusman, we have the money raised. We just need the ad.

Maybe you should PM him. Posting on a thread is not the surest way to get his attention.

If you have his email, mail him or personal number, give him a call. There are currently two projects (yours included) that have the funds needed to run the ad. You both are just waiting on some edits.

dusman
11-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Sorry for the long delay on this. It's been so hectic the past few weeks. However, I do have a variation now with the Republican Party numbers.

What other changes do we need on this?

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-repub.pdf

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-repub.jpg

Liber Team
11-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Awesome dusman! From the original ad I need these edits for my project with The Daily Iowan.

"All GOP candidates" needs to be changed to "All other GOP candidates"

YouthForPaul.com needs to be added
Facebook.com/RP2012IA probably should be added

Vote Ron Paul in the Iowa Caucus January 3rd needs to be added

pauliticalfan
11-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Dusman's in the house, hallelujah. Hopefully you're here to stay man so we can get these changes made!

I think we should keep the pie graph simple. Ron Paul 70%. All Other GOP Candidates 30%.

We have to have a source in there. Put "Source: FEC" below "Republican Party - 3rd Quarter 2011"

Make "Visit RonPaul2012.com" much larger. We have a lot of space down there that we should fill. Maybe put "Caucus for Ron Paul on January 3rd" below.

We should consider editing the yellow text. What about "I support the only presidential candidate who has upheld this same oath through his military service and consistent voting record, Dr. Ron Paul...And I'm not alone." No need to repeat the word Constitution and it includes the fact that he's a veteran as well. Very important considering the theme of the ad.

Do you think you can make these changes in a reasonable time frame so we can see what it looks like?

IndianaPolitico
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sorry for the long delay on this. It's been so hectic the past few weeks. However, I do have a variation now with the Republican Party numbers.

What other changes do we need on this?

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-repub.jpg
Looks quite nice. The things I would change is, make Ron Paul's name as large as possible on the graph, and make the website text bigger as well. Thanks for doing this!

pauliticalfan
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure if the "I support the only presidential candidate..." text should be in italics. It makes it harder to read and just having "...And I'm not alone." in italics would have a far greater impact.

Also, the "Paid for..." bit should be at the very bottom of the ad so we have more room for "Visit RonPaul2012.com" and "Caucus for Ron Paul on January 3rd"

"Ron Paul 70%" can also afford to be much bigger in the pie graph.

Sorry I'm so critical, it's just that this is such a good ad that we should try to get it as perfect as possible.

dusman
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah, the JPG here is a bit misleading on how much space is at the bottom of the ad. If you click into the PDF, you'll see that it cuts off higher.

pauliticalfan
11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah, the JPG here is a bit misleading on how much space is at the bottom of the ad. If you click into the PDF, you'll see that it cuts off higher.

Hmm, I'm assuming the dimensions of the PDF is what we have to run? It still seems like if you flip the "Paid for..." and the "Visit ronpaul2012.com" you'd have more room to make the latter bigger.

IDefendThePlatform
11-26-2011, 06:15 PM
That looks awesome. I think for the Iowa Farmer Today spot it would be good to have "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucuses on Jan 3rd"

Also if "Visit RonPaul2012.com/Veterans and RonPaul2012.com/Farmers" could be squeezed in that would be good too.

Otherwise looks great. Looking forward to getting into the hands of 70,000 Iowa farm households.

Liber Team
11-26-2011, 06:40 PM
That looks awesome. I think for the Iowa Farmer Today spot it would be good to have "Vote Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucuses on Jan 3rd"

Also if "Visit RonPaul2012.com/Veterans and RonPaul2012.com/Farmers" could be squeezed in that would be good too.

Otherwise looks great. Looking forward to getting into the hands of 70,000 Iowa farm households.

And mine in the hands of 19,000 students!

Freedom of Speech
11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks great dusman...

...I agree with the others that Visit RonPaul2012.com should be larger and above the 'paid for by...' text and Ron Paul 70% could also be bigger in the graph.

Thanks for all you're doing for this! +rep

Lord Xar
11-27-2011, 02:33 PM
well, he linked the PDF : http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-repub.pdf

Please guys --- GET what you need and get it going.

Liber Team
11-27-2011, 02:51 PM
well, he linked the PDF : http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-repub.pdf

Please guys --- GET what you need and get it going.

We need an editable source file to do the edits ourselves or for dusman to do it. IDefendThePlatform and I have been ready to place our ads for over a week.

Lord Xar
11-28-2011, 02:28 PM
We need an editable source file to do the edits ourselves or for dusman to do it. IDefendThePlatform and I have been ready to place our ads for over a week.

Have you checked to see if the pdf attached is editable or not? Some pdf files are (if set by the author, I believe).

When are yours and idefendtheplatforms deadlines?

pauliticalfan
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Bump. These changes are really pretty simple.

dusman
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Here are two updated versions:

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-other.pdf

Eric21ND
11-28-2011, 04:43 PM
And mine in the hands of 19,000 students!
Do you have a link to your ad?

Freedom of Speech
11-28-2011, 06:32 PM

Great job and thanks for all you're doing!

I personally like the one that lists Perry, Romney, Cain because it shows just how far ahead Ron Paul is with the so-called top tier with regards to donations from military. Almost 8x more than Perry, 10x more than Romney, and 35x more than Cain.

Liber Team
11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Do you have a link to your ad?

http://www.blackthisout.com/extras/fullpage-military-ad-youth.pdf

IDefendThePlatform
11-28-2011, 09:43 PM

Thanks Dusman! Those look awesome.

Edit: I just emailed the rep to place the top one. Will post pics once it runs. Also shared the Youth version with our ISU for Ron Paul group.

IndianaPolitico
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks Dusman! Those look awesome.

Edit: I just emailed the rep to place the top one. Will post pics once it runs. Also shared the Youth version with our ISU for Ron Paul group.
Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

Liber Team
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
update?

Lord Xar
12-04-2011, 03:14 AM
What week is this running?

IDefendThePlatform
12-04-2011, 04:55 AM
What week is this running?

It'll be in the Dec 10th issue. They're sending me a copy so I'll take pics and upload them when it comes. Also there is an accompanying small text ad that will run on the front page of their website that week linking to the ad, as well as a larger picture ad rotating on the same front page of the website, so we'll have 3 total ads running with them that week.

70,000 Iowa farm households will be getting a full page, color enticement to caucus for the Champion of the Constitution. Thanks again to everyone for their generous donations. Ronpaulforums is really a special place.

Liber Team
12-04-2011, 08:19 PM
It'll be in the Dec 10th issue. They're sending me a copy so I'll take pics and upload them when it comes. Also there is an accompanying small text ad that will run on the front page of their website that week linking to the ad, as well as a larger picture ad rotating on the same front page of the website, so we'll have 3 total ads running with them that week.

70,000 Iowa farm households will be getting a full page, color enticement to caucus for the Champion of the Constitution. Thanks again to everyone for their generous donations. Ronpaulforums is really a special place.

stay tuned!

pauliticalfan
12-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Can't wait to see it.

Lord Xar
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
bump.. status?

GunnyFreedom
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
love it. can't wait for it to run.

Liber Team
12-07-2011, 08:27 PM
love it. can't wait for it to run.

This saturday! I am talking with IDefendThePlatform about running this in Iowa newspapers.

Liber Team
12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Tomorrow I want to see pics!

Liber Team
12-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone have a pic?

Liber Team
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
anything?

trey4sports
12-11-2011, 08:37 AM
pic?

Liber Team
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
bump?

Lord Xar
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
This is getting curious....

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Was this a scam???

IDefendThePlatform
12-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Was this a scam???

Geez guys. Liber Team wrote 3 posts above that it just ran yesterday. They're mailing it to me from their office (I'm not a normal subscriber) so I should have it early next week and will post pics then.

In the meantime check out the front page of their website for a couple of Ron Paul ads that I tacked on along with it:
www.iowafarmertoday.com

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update! Please accept my apologies for the rude assumption I made.

Geez guys. Liber Team wrote 3 posts above that it just ran yesterday. They're mailing it to me from their office (I'm not a normal subscriber) so I should have it early next week and will post pics then.

In the meantime check out the front page of their website for a couple of Ron Paul ads that I tacked on along with it:
www.iowafarmertoday.com

IDefendThePlatform
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I guess I'll post this here. This is separate and wasn't paid for by the funds from Iowa Farmer Today but here's the ad running in Iowa Living Magazine. Just got this one in the mail on Friday:

Looks pretty dang awesome. Thanks again dusman and others who helped with it. This run should reach about 100,000 Iowans in and around Des Moines.

And I apologize for the delay but the pics of Iowa Farmer Today are coming. Thanks again to all the very generous donors.

Link for online version:
http://iowalivingmagazines.com/norwalk/

IDefendThePlatform
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the update! Please accept my apologies for the rude assumption I made.

No problem, I'm just glad people care enough to ask. I'll get pics up as soon as I get my hands on it.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow, that looks great! The final version is absolutely stunning!!!

I guess I'll post this here. This is separate and wasn't paid for by the funds from Iowa Farmer Today but here's the ad running in Iowa Living Magazine. Just got this one in the mail on Friday:

Looks pretty dang awesome. Thanks again dusman and others who helped with it. This run should reach about 100,000 Iowans in and around Des Moines.

And I apologize for the delay but the pics of Iowa Farmer Today are coming. Thanks again to all the very generous donors.

Link for online version:
http://iowalivingmagazines.com/norwalk/

pauliticalfan
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Looks great.

eduardo89
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Look great!

So we have this ad running in:
Iowa Loving
Iowa Farmer

Where else? Is there time to get it into any other magazine/newspaper? We should see if we can get a couple full or half page ads in newspapers the weekend before the caucus!

IDefendThePlatform
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Look great!

So we have this ad running in:
Iowa Loving
Iowa Farmer

Where else? Is there time to get it into any other magazine/newspaper? We should see if we can get a couple full or half page ads in newspapers the weekend before the caucus!

Yeah, Liber Team has been suggesting this as well. What are people's thoughts on running the "Oath" ad again vs. one of the Ron vs Newt ads?

leetlamer
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
These ads are great.

Perhaps update the divided pie chart version to include Gingrich?

IDefendThePlatform
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
These ads are great.

Perhaps update the divided pie chart version to include Gingrich?

That sounds good to me, although I feel like we should run a 2nd ad in Iowa Farmer Today the week before the caucus to remind and reinforce voting for rp. I'd think a positive, pro-rp ad would be a good way to go, similar to some of the ads that were submitted for the Ames billboard contest back in August. But whatever people think is best, and he who pays the piper calls the tune so if anyone wants to step up to donate to this, that would be great.

LibertyProsperity_56
12-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll chip in $20 for the next ad! Please add me to the list. I'll save the rest for the money bomb this Friday.

IDefendThePlatform
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Just got emailed a pic of the ad as it ran in Saturday's Iowa Farmer Today:

Looks fantastic! Thanks again to everyone who donated, this went out to 70,000 Iowa farm households!

IndianaPolitico
12-13-2011, 02:45 PM

Looks fantastic! Thanks again to everyone who donated, this went out to 70,000 Iowa farm households!

Fantastic! This is the positive advertising we now need in Iowa! Thanks for spearheading this, +rep!

TheDuke
12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
It looks great. I hope you run another ad in the next few weeks, you can count on me to chip in.

Liber Team
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Fantastic! This is the positive advertising we now need in Iowa! Thanks for spearheading this, +rep!

please review this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?337361-New-quot-Oath-quot-ad-campaign-brainstorming.

Freedom of Speech
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM

Awesome!

Liber Team
12-13-2011, 03:09 PM
best project yet from rpf

leetlamer
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM

Looks great. We need to run the ad again.

WIwarrior
12-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Looks real good! Just giving this a bump.

Liber Team
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Final ad campaign! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338013-Iowa-quot-Oath-quot-Ad-Campaign-Chip-In!

GeorgiaAvenger
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Final ad campaign! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338013-Iowa-quot-Oath-quot-Ad-Campaign-Chip-In!Yes!

Dsylexic
12-16-2011, 02:54 AM
gentlefolk,
since i cannot donate directly to rp2012 because i am not american,can i donate here legally? or is it illegal.i need y'all to help me find a way to chip in.this revolution is international.
i HAVE to donate.this is a historic campaign for the liberty of the whole of planet earth

Liber Team
12-19-2011, 12:05 AM
gentlefolk,
since i cannot donate directly to rp2012 because i am not american,can i donate here legally? or is it illegal.i need y'all to help me find a way to chip in.this revolution is international.
i HAVE to donate.this is a historic campaign for the liberty of the whole of planet earth

It is perfectly legal to donate to grassroots chip-ins like this. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338013-Iowa-quot-Oath-quot-Ad-Campaign-Chip-In!

pauliticalfan
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
gentlefolk,

Yes. Please donate here. http://twrocked.chipin.com/iowa-oath-ad-campaign-chip-in