PDA

View Full Version : Police threaten Penn State students in advance (mother of all campus protest on Saturday?)

Agorism
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Police threaten Penn State students in advance. Mother of all campus protest on Saturday

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/10/us-usa-crime-coach-police-idUSTRE7A978520111110

State College Police Department Captain John Gardner said he plans to have every officer working at the game against Nebraska, where some fear students may protest the ouster of Paterno after 46 years in charge of the team.

"It you truly support Coach Joe or Penn State, this is not the way," Gardner told a news conference. "Stay off the street. The behavior of last night will not be tolerated."

Chanting "Hell no, Joe won't go" and "We want Joe back," thousands of students took to the streets overnight to protest the decision, overturning a television van during a demonstration which some police dispersed using pepper spray.

Gardner said more than a dozen people were arrested when as many as 5,000 students protested on Wednesday evening in what he said degenerated into a "riotous mob."

Pennsylvania State Police and the university police force will assist the town's police on Saturday, Gardner said.

A child sexual abuse scandal brought down Paterno, one of the most iconic names in American sports, amid criticism he did not do enough to stop crimes allegedly committed by his long-time former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

Paterno, winner of two national championships and in his 46th year as head coach of the Nittany Lions, was criticized for not doing more to intervene when incidents of Sandusky's abuse were brought to his attention in 2002.

Sandusky, 67, is accused of sexually abusing at least eight boys over more than a decade. Two other university officials have been charged with not reporting an incident in 2002 when Sandusky allegedly was seen sexually assaulting a child.

Lawyers for all three men have said they deny the charges and maintain their innocence.

Graham Spanier, Penn State's president for 16 years and a family therapist by training, was also sacked on Wednesday.

Former athletic director Tim Curley and former finance official Gary Schultz were charged on Monday with failing to alert police after they were told Sandusky was seen molesting a young boy in the locker room showers in 2002. They were also charged with perjury in their statements to a grand jury.

(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder and Ian Simpson; Writing by Mark Egan; Editing by Jerry Norton)

ghengis86
11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Uh, little boys were getting but raped and he knew about it and did virtually nothing about it, allowing another 8-10 boys get butt raped over the last decade, and people are willing to riot to keep him there?!

We're soooooo fucked. This nation is doomed.

Philhelm
11-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Uh, little boys were getting but raped and he knew about it and did virtually nothing about it, allowing another 8-10 boys get butt raped over the last decade, and people are willing to riot to keep him there?!

We're soooooo fucked. This nation is doomed.

But, but, but...he's a coach! Football!!! There's no reasoning with obsessed fans.

James Madison
11-10-2011, 08:42 PM
But, but, but...he's a coach! Football!!! There's no reasoning with obsessed fans.

Mob mentality...another example of why democracy blows.

satchelmcqueen
11-10-2011, 09:24 PM
who can protect a guy like this?? unbelievable!!

Revolution9
11-10-2011, 09:26 PM

You misspelled "team sports".

HTH
Rev9

kuckfeynes
11-10-2011, 10:12 PM
LOL @ claiming "mob mentality" when having already made yourself judge and jury in your own mind.

How about some due process for someone that has personally affected thousands upon thousands of people in a very positive way?

josh b
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Suddenly I'm having second thoughts about transferring to the Main Campus...

Some people take College loyalty a little too far.

Revolution9
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
LOL @ claiming "mob mentality" when having already made yourself judge and jury in your own mind.

How about some due process for someone that has personally affected thousands upon thousands of people in a very positive way?

We ain't the press. This cabal/ring of pedos has a long history of at least two decades and is involved with MK Ultra ops. That is due process of events and connections. The problem here pal is the judge is probably in on it too when he gets picked. There is already a deaad DA with no relevant investigation and charges laid. For a frakkin' DA?? This tell you how high this thing goes. A DA is under the Dept of Defense. Go figure. I did.

rev9

pcosmar
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/franklincoverupexcerpt.shtml

History+Connections

BlackTerrel
11-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Yes let's just throw out Democracy then...

I know a couple people who played for JoePa one of whom was helped by him tremendously well after football and never in front of the cameras.

How about we wait till all the facts are out before we lynch someone.

UtahApocalypse
11-10-2011, 10:43 PM

I know a couple people who played for JoePa one of whom was helped by him tremendously well after football and never in front of the cameras.

He never called the cops. That is already a fact. It is all I need to know to judge him as scum of the earth deserving zero respect

James Madison
11-11-2011, 12:00 AM

Wait. You don't ACTUALLY believe the US was founded on democracy, do you?

Pericles
11-11-2011, 12:05 AM
He never called the cops. That is already a fact. It is all I need to know to judge him as scum of the earth deserving zero respect

Paterno: I want to report a crime

Cop: What did you see?

Paterno: I didn't see anything, but somebody told me he saw it.

Cop: So, why am I talking to you? You can't testify to anything.

anonymous billionaire
11-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Anyone that still supports Joe Paterno needs to read the Grand Jury Report: http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment-1.pdf

1998 Sandusky accused of child rape.

1999 Paterno forces Sandusky to retire.

2002 Eye Witness sees Sandusky raping a 10 year old boy in Penn State's Showers

2003-2011 Sandusky seen at practice with little boys.

Paterno and McQueary saw Sandusky bringing new victims to their practices from 2003 to 2011 and did nothing. He's still given full access to campus facilities.

Also here's a good blog that puts it into perspective: http://werebucked.com/2011/11/09/why-did-jerry-sandusky-retire-in-1999/

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html

anonymous billionaire
11-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Bottom line he called fired and rightfully so. Needs to be the whole staff and other who were involved. I'm in pretty certain belief in 1999 Sandusky was let go due to allegation in return for a cover up. Paterno knew about Sandusky and what was going on. The fact that authorities were not involved and Sandusky was still allowed on campus with small childeren is sickening and morally repugnant.

BamaAla
11-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Paterno: I want to report a crime

Cop: What did you see?

Paterno: I didn't see anything, but somebody told me he saw it.

Cop: So, why am I talking to you? You can't testify to anything.

1994: Accused of assaulting young boys

1998: Forced to quit showering with young boys due to more complaints:

1999: Retires, but keeps office and full access to campus and program to bring young boys

2002: Saw sodomizing a young boy in the shower Paterno informed...again

2002-2011: at least 6 more boys raped

Paterno is the face of that University and town. If he puts in one telephone call, the abuse stops; however, he turned his head to the actions of a longtime friend and offering "in hindsight I wish I had done more" as his only apology. Sorry people, but Paterno is a piece of shit.

oyarde
11-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Suddenly I'm having second thoughts about transferring to the Main Campus...

Some people take College loyalty a little too far. I suggest you stay where you are ;) ....

CaptainAmerica
11-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Employers should take a hard look at their future potential employees that hold a "PENN STATE" degree.

oyarde
11-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Did any of you see what those kids did to that media van the other night ? What is it with the lack of respect for others property ?? The Pennsylvania legislature should use this to try and cut some tax money off from the University :)

amy31416
11-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Employers should take a hard look at their future potential employees that hold a "PENN STATE" degree.

Oh come on now. I know a ridiculous number of Penn State grads and this has nothing to do with them.

BlackTerrel
11-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Wait I thought calling the cops was bad and no one should ever call the cops under any circumstances?

Wait. You don't ACTUALLY believe the US was founded on democracy, do you?

I think the US was founded by slave owners who wanted only white male landowners to. And I understand the difference between a republic and a democracy.

Still I'm not clear why the guy I was responding to thinks that a couple college kids rioting is evidence that democracy is bad.