PDA

View Full Version : Taking over our local GOP ?

rdenner
11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Let's try and get onto some more possitive threads here...

This is an email i sent to my local GOP here in xxxx. The GOP in our area is in disaray and is ripe for a take over from within...

Critique my email and tell me what you think..

Hi my name is XXXXXX and I represent a group of people who are interested in getting involved in the local GOP. We are mostly either former or current Republicans and have been brought back into the fold via the Ron Paul campaign. Currently we have about 85 very motivated members and we would LOVE to get to know how things work in the GOP at the local level. Most of us are political novices and have found ourselves thrown into the primary process.

I was visiting your website and notice you currently have no meetings scheduled for the year. I would love to get involved and help revitalize the GOP in xxxxxxx. Something has to be done to stop the destruction the Democrats have wrought on this county. My group is motivated and rearing to go.

To be honest if Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican nomination and we aren't a part of the local GOP structure, I'm afraid many if not most will migrate to the xxxxxx Libertarian Party which is in the process of reconstituting itself with very limited success.

I think this would be a huge shame. These people are young and old alike and are from all walks of life. Several of them are liberal Democrats and aside from Ron Paul would have nothing to do with the GOP. BUT the majority are conservative/libertarian and could easily be persuaded to join an organization that will work on a local level to take on the big spending, big government democrats that have ruled this county for longer than I've been alive(40 years if you're counting). On a local level we have TONS in common. We can agree to disagree on things like the war and foreign policy, but this SHOULDN'T stand in the way of us becoming allies in a very tough fight to unseat the Democrats from every aspect of life in xxxxx County.

I thank you in advance for considering my email and my proposal. If you would like to talk about this in person, please contact me at

me3
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Cut it in half. It's an introduction, not a mission statement. Don't indicate an agenda beyond wanting to help the GOP.

Get to know these people before you start dropping "Ron Paul", "Libertarian" etc. Those are potential turnoff phrase/words.

literatim
11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Why even mention Ron Paul support? Just join and take it over. People, you've got to be subtle.

me3
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Also, I would edit your first post to remove any details about the GOP group. Everything posted is read by everyone, you don't need someone with mal -intent printing this off and handing it to the GOP group you are looking to join.

Particularly the comment about "ripe for takeover".

Remember, politics requires some discretion.

rdenner
11-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Done.. Thank you for pointing out the obvious...

:)

literatim
11-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi my name is XXXXXX and I represent a group of Republicans who are interested in getting involved in the local politics. Currently we have about 85 very motivated members and we would LOVE to get to know how things work in the GOP at the local level. Most of us are political novices and have found ourselves thrown into the primary process.

I was visiting your website and notice you currently have no meetings scheduled for the year. I would love to get involved and help revitalize the GOP in xxxxxxx. Something has to be done to stop the destruction the Democrats have wrought on this county. My group is motivated and rearing to go.

I thank you in advance for considering my email and my proposal. If you would like to talk about this in person, please contact me at

Done.