PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is going to stop all your government benfits.

vechorik
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
People are very afraid of losing their handouts. Even very conservative voters are depending on Social Security, Medicare, etc.

Maybe more reassurance that no one will lose benefits when explaining cuts.

I've always wondered WHY ARE MILLIONAIRES ON MEDICARE?
An immediate cut could be something like -- anyone with more than five Millions dollars of assets, should NOT get Medicare. I saw a woman live 2 years with cancer, 2 millions dollars in the bank and the government paid all her medical expenses. She died with 2 million in the bank. I think NO one would think that cutting millionaires off Medicare is unfair. It's a common-sense immediate-cut that every candidate could endorse.

Social security has the argument "but they paid that money in" -- Maybe cut them off too (give their money back with interest) and cut anyone with more than 5 million of assets off Social Security as well.

vechorik
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I took this from a Dr. Paul tweet, shortened it and blasted it all over primary states YouTube and other search words, Medicare etc. Spent about 6 hours doing that.

" -- ROMNEY'S 2012 PLAN CUTS MEDICARE--Ron Paul’s plan cuts $1 trillion the first year & balances the budget in 3 years. The plan cuts spending by ending the costly foreign wars, and cuts foreign welfare, corporate welfare, and overgrown federal bureaucracy. These cuts are made so that those who are dependent on domestic spending programs such as Medicare aren’t endangered through a sudden change in benefits. Romney’s plan cuts Medicare, on which many elderly Americans rely."

ShaneEnochs
11-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Paul answered this. Well, not necessarily about medicare, but about Social Security, but it seems to be pretty interchangeable. Basically what he said is that if we exclude some groups of people (rich), it's no longer a trust fund, but a welfare advantage.

vechorik
11-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I heard that interview after I posted this. I can see Dr. Paul's point. .... but I sorta think Medicare IS welfare (LOL). Oh well....on to bigger battles.

AFPVet
11-18-2011, 05:03 PM
People are very afraid of losing their handouts. Even very conservative voters are depending on Social Security, Medicare, etc.

Maybe more reassurance that no one will lose benefits when explaining cuts.

An immediate cut could be something like -- anyone with more than five Millions dollars of assets, should NOT get Medicare. I saw a woman live 2 years with cancer, 2 millions dollars in the bank and the government paid all her medical expenses. She died with 2 million in the bank. I think NO one would think that cutting millionaires off Medicare is unfair. It's a common-sense immediate-cut that every candidate could endorse.

Social security has the argument "but they paid that money in" -- Maybe cut them off too (give their money back with interest) and cut anyone with more than 5 million of assets off Social Security as well.

I agree.

Steppenwolf6
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
B.S.

we need to eliminate all governement benefits period.

Maybe done gradually...ok...but truth is truth,enough politician talk.

Steppenwolf6
12-04-2011, 12:05 AM
"Ron Paul is going to stop all governement benefit".
It should be a campaign motto.

YES!
We will eliminate all governement benefits.

Veteran Citizen
12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Cut it all off.

Those that cannot stand on their own, weren't meant to stand.

Dr.3D
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM
B.S.
Ron would never just leave people hanging like that. It would be so gradual, nobody would have a problem with it.

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 06:43 PM
What government benefits?

Sola_Fide
12-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Cut it all off.

Those that cannot stand on their own, weren't meant to stand.

"Let him die!"

acptulsa
12-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Um, vechorik, do us a favor, OK? Don't come here and post threads with lying titles. We have enough problems without that, you know? Gets us testy.

Ron Paul will not cut all your benefits if elected. Won't happen. He'll protect SSI for anyone who has paid into it any length of time, protect Medicare and other things until steps can be taken to make them less necessary (such as getting the industries involved weaned from overcharging just to do the paperwork), and won't affect any state or county benefits at all except perhaps to make the agencies more efficient by getting the fedgov out of their hair.

Which makes the title of this thread a falsehood we don't need.

Thanks.

vechorik
12-07-2011, 07:20 PM
The conversation is how to answer this charge -- as discussed. I like my answer better than yours (did you read it).

ZanZibar
12-07-2011, 07:42 PM
"Let him die!"Let the puppies burn!

acptulsa
12-07-2011, 07:48 PM
The conversation is how to answer this charge -- as discussed. I like my answer better than yours (did you read it).

Yes. I have nothing against the answers, but I hope you won't tell anyone they're Ron Paul's positions because they really aren't.

Now please understand that someone seemingly not affiliated with this forum tweets thread titles from here regularly, and when those thread titles are lies it makes our man look bad. So, a bunch of us consider lying thread titles trollish behavior, for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

Xenophage
12-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I thought Ron was going to give every American a rusty lead pipe so they could beat the marauding hordes of starving vagrants until America is cleansed by their blood?

Steppenwolf6
12-08-2011, 02:50 AM
I thought Ron was going to give every American a rusty lead pipe so they could beat the marauding hordes of starving vagrants until America is cleansed by their blood?

Wait ..WHY should I pay for the rusty lead pipe with MY tax money!

cornell
12-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Because they were forced to pay into the system. They might as well get some benefit from their payments.

ctiger2
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
This would be a blessing for me since I don't receive anything from the Fed Govt. That being said, they continue to steal 30% of my paychecks...