PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Perry Opens Door For Gingrich (FOX)

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
With Cain staggering, Perry stumbling and the rest of the right – Rep. Ron Paul, Rep. Michele Bachmann and former Sen. Rick Santorum – not in position to take advantage, Gingrich is in the catbird seat. Power Play predicted a “Newt Boom” after his Oct. 11 performance in the Bloomberg/Washington Post Debate, and now is the moment to see him rise.

hxx p://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/10/perrys-painful-performance-opens-door-wider-for-gingrich/

ifthenwouldi
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm so sick of this game, but there's only one human being this "throw another one at the wall and hope it sticks" process mocks more than Dr. Paul:

Mitt Romney.

He bought the fanciest suit, rented the coolest limo, and bargained with Dad for the latest curfew...but no one will dance with him.

acptulsa
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Opening the door--to the current 'most popular candidate who can't win the general election on a dare' seat.

Brian4Liberty
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Cain plowed a road for Newt by desensitizing the population to sex scandals...

matt0611
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM
God the media is so damn predictable...

ds21089
11-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm so sick of this game, but there's only one human being this "throw another one at the wall and hope it sticks" process mocks more than Dr. Paul:

Mitt Romney.

He bought the fanciest suit, rented the coolest limo, and bargained with Dad for the latest curfew...but no one will dance with him.

On the contrary, Mitt Romney is their man. They are throwing attention to everyone else to avoid putting the focus on Romney. The more focus on Romney, the easier it will be to see how full of shit he is and how he offers no real solutions. They don't want him plummeting like the rest, so they will throw anyone else in the fire instead, trying to keep Romney unscathed. The good news, however, is that they are running out of people to do this with and soon the focus will be on Romney. Then we can enter full attack mode. Let the battle commence!

Verrater
11-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Mitt Romney.

I still think Romney may test the waters for Ron to be VP.

Peace&Freedom
11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
On the contrary, Mitt Romney is their man. They are throwing attention to everyone else to avoid putting the focus on Romney. The more focus on Romney, the easier it will be to see how full of shit he is and how he offers no real solutions. They don't want him plummeting like the rest, so they will throw anyone else in the fire instead, trying to keep Romney unscathed. The good news, however, is that they are running out of people to do this with and soon the focus will be on Romney. Then we can enter full attack mode. Let the battle commence!

The inside-track man is indeed Romney, with Perry inserted as a Plan B by the establishment, but the hour is already too late for the MSM. They are not merely losing their credibility, they have lost it, as a result of blacking out coverage of Ron Paul as a strong candidate. As a result, the major media has no perceived credibility when it comes to the rest of the campaign coverage, and that is why they have lost control of steering the coverage in general. Try as they might, they couldn't sustain Bachmann as a serious candidate, then they couldn't prop up Perry either, who seems to be topping Bachmann as a lightweight at this point. The MSM pushed Cain to the point where they can't deflate him, despite a sex scandal.

The fact that Romney can't move his numbers up despite the crash of Bachman, Perry or Cain, is therefore becoming more painfully obvious, and also something the MSM can't hide. The real establishment plan was to re-do 2007 by having 2 superficially strong social conservatives battle for that vote in the early primaries (then Huckabee and Thompson), and cancel each other out such that the moderate (McCain) would be locked in before most evangelicals could figure out they were stuck with him. It's impossible to do that this time, because Perry, Cain, and Bachmann are all crippled goods at this point. Romney is thus being exposed too early as a weak and unappealing 'frontrunner,' because his poll numbers don't move above 25-30%. The stage is set for Paul to slip past the pack to win an early primary or two (my bet, at least Iowa).

Marky
11-10-2011, 06:13 PM
How is Ron Paul “not in a position to take advantage” when he’s in 3rd place, has money and organization, and the rest of the candidates are trying to steal his ideas?

FlatIron
11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
How is Ron Paul “not in a position to take advantage” when he’s in 3rd place, has money and organization, and the rest of the candidates are trying to steal his ideas?

New advertisement from the campaign to expose their lies?

TheTexan
11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
If Cain were in Perry's shoes, he'd have come up with something slick. "Oh the third department, well that one's a surprise. I'll tell you my plan on how I'm going to cut it later, it will complement my 999 plan and help to grow the economy."

Paulatized
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
If Cain were in Perry's shoes, he'd have come up with something slick. "Oh the third department, well that one's a surprise. I'll tell you my plan on how I'm going to cut it later, it will complement my 999 plan and help to grow the economy."

You got it, and everyone of his supporters would be so alright with that answer. "Oh, okay, good enough for me!"

Aratus
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
it still could end up with only Mitt debating the good doctor!

Rfalcon51
11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I still think Romney may test the waters for Ron to be VP.

I have been thinking this too.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Cain plowed a road for Newt by desensitizing the population to sex scandals...

The good old days. Early November, and Cain was being ripped apart for his affairs...

gaazn
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Predict Allen West will run interference for Newt on race, like other fake Tea Party people