PDA

View Full Version : Reach out to Perry supporters

tfurrh
11-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Rick Perry's supporters don't know where to turn. Don't give them a reason to pass over Ron Paul. I just posted this on my FB:

Crash & Burn from last night's debate. But, I might add: Rick Perry wants to balance the budget by 2020, Paul wants to balance the budget by 2015. Perry wants to cut 3 Depts, Paul wants to cut 5. Perry wants to let the young opt out of SS while keeping obligations to the older, same for Paul. Perry wants to end overseas 'adventurism,' as does Paul. Perry was harsh on the FED, Paul is the FED's biggest critic. Perry runs a weak executive office in TX, Paul wants to run a weak executive office from the White House.

Rick Perry supporters, please take a second look at Ron Paul.

sailingaway
11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Your FB post sure sounds like bashing to me 'Ron can debate, Perry can not' .....

And I have seen NO ONE bashing Perry this morning -- other than your post which suggests Perry can't string two words together.

tfurrh
11-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Your FB post sure sounds like bashing to me 'Ron can debate, Perry can not' .....

And I have seen NO ONE bashing Perry this morning -- other than your post which suggests Perry can't string two words together.

Ooo. I see what you're saying. I'll change that part. Good eye.

CaptUSA
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, this isn't really "reaching out", this is saying "my guys is better than yours".

I agree we should try to pick up Perry supporters (and money) but the way to do it is to draw parallels only, not contrasts. Don't waste your time on those things - it only makes true supporters turn you off.

tfurrh
11-10-2011, 10:43 AM
draw parallels only, not contrasts.

Better?

Danemicus
11-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I've seen some posts like this in some places:

Glenn
Ok i was for perry but have switched to Ron Paul. He might look goofy but he sounds like the most sane. He has some great ideas and doesn't stammer around with his answers.

Clearly a lot of Perry supporters ARE looking around elsewhere after that monumental gaff, so I think it's a great idea to reach out to them / urge them to have a second look at Ron Paul with reference to parallels such as those elaborated on in the OP.

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes. Offer them the same hand of Compassion, Consideration, and Care that Ron Paul did on stage by defending Rick Perry later in the debate; after his screw up.

garyallen59
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Yes, I believe a lot of Perry supporters may turn to Paul, the truck driver where I work has been for Perry and just a couple of hours ago was seriously contemplating supporting Paul, I think by tomorrow I can turn him to Paul. The seed has been planted I could see it churning in his head, "Yeah, Paul makes the most sense." :cool:

georgiaboy
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Yes. Offer them the same hand of Compassion, Consideration, and Care that Ron Paul did on stage by defending Rick Perry later in the debate; after his screw up.

Bingo. While everyone continues shopping amongst the flashy adverts and their test drives disappoint, we come along with our tried and true and a helping hand, and the tumblers start falling into place.

I'm seeing and sensing it all around me.

FreedomRings
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Here's how NOT to win over Perry's supporters:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/10/perry-tries-to-hire-paul-as-budget-adviser/

parocks
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I'd be more concerned about trying to prevent most of Cain's support going to Gingrich. But, sure, when 2 candidates are seeming to collapse simultaneously, there are opportunities for the other candidates.

parocks
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/10/perry-tries-to-hire-paul-as-budget-adviser/

I think that the argument could be made that consistently attacking Perry shows consistency is a valid one. Perry supporters could appreciate us being honest with them. I've been clear, myself, that I thought that Perry was the single most awful Republican candidate. And now, Perry proves this.

Havax
11-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Use different terminology than "run a weak executive office"...makes them sound "weak".

McDermit
11-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Seriously, I was so pissed when I saw that on the homepage. Wtf clown decided that was an appropriate article for RP's site? They should have their publishing access revoked. Ron Paul would NOT condone that post, and it will not help us win Perry supporters.

11-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Eh it might. They are likely embarrassed a bit by right now, think Rick can't speak well enough to be president and Ron is more articulate than Rick. If they liked all the policy Rick lifted from Ron, we might get them.