PDA

View Full Version : How to answer financial strapped Iowa supporter?

Eric21ND
11-10-2011, 08:24 AM
This is what he wrote me:

To be honest, I haven't been as helpful as I once thought I could be. Financial issues mainly the cause. I haven't been in contact with anyone from the campaign for a bit of time now and haven't gotten to any recent meetups.

I wouldn't be able to give accurate info about our ground forces here in Iowa. I wish I could be of more help. I am a stay at home Father of 3 and have seriously contemplated getting a land line to call from home for Paul. But as I said, the wallet is a bit dusty.

Time is key I understand fully. 2 months to go. But know, I will do what I can when I can and I hope sincerely that time is generous to us.

Is there any way you could give me a brief rundown on what is normal protocol for door to door canvasing?

I would love to go door to door with my three little girls and talk about family bonds and how these undeclared wars are not only bankrupting our families, but breaking the tight bonds within.

11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Eric, this individual would be able to help in two tremendously important ways with little financial expenditure on their part.

First, they could participate in phone canvassing for the campaign.

Secondly, they could obtain a list of targeted voter addresses from the Iowa campaign and work those addresses door-to-door in their area.

In either case, contacting headquarters in Ankeny would be the ticket. Their time and effort would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure, whether or not they can spend a penny for Ron Paul.

The time is worth a lot more than the money!

sailingaway
11-10-2011, 09:31 AM
They can use google voice to phone from home, without a land line. Have them sign up for phone from home!! I take it the kids are the reason he can't go to the HQ and phone bank?

11-10-2011, 09:40 AM
How much does he need for a phone? I'd donate to a chip in.

I can't hear well enough to do the phone from home, so if I can donate to somebody who can, I will.