PDA

View Full Version : Want to phone from home: Questions

The Magic Hoof
11-10-2011, 07:36 AM
I just signed up and I'll start calling soon. I see that it's a web-based polling thing where you click to give the system answers, but it doesn't mention if you actually have to speak. Do you ask questions with your voice or is this some automated thing where it'll play a pre-recorded voice? Also, I have just a standard landline with no long distance plan. Is there going to be a charge for this, or is it an 800 number or something that I call into to get started?

PS:

Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $20.12
Transaction date/time: 2011-11-10 07:36:07
Transaction ID: 36W95259HD832005K

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC

Kludge
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
From http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php :
PLEASE BE ADVISED: You will be accessing the system by calling a NON-TOLL-FREE number, you may incur charges for as long as you are making calls in Phone from Home. If you have unlimited calling, you will not incur charges. Please check your plan's rates.

You could sign up for Google Voice, where calling within US/Canada is free (you'll need DSL or better Internet connection, and a decent microphone - and headphones would probably help, too!), but there's a notice from PFH that it doesn't always work properly with Google Voice - but, there are also others on here who said GVoice works fine. I only just signed up today, so can't tell you one way or the other, yet.

11-10-2011, 09:05 AM
I just signed up and I'll start calling soon. I see that it's a web-based polling thing where you click to give the system answers, but it doesn't mention if you actually have to speak. Do you ask questions with your voice or is this some automated thing where it'll play a pre-recorded voice? Also, I have just a standard landline with no long distance plan. Is there going to be a charge for this, or is it an 800 number or something that I call into to get started?

PS:

Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $20.12
Transaction date/time: 2011-11-10 07:36:07
Transaction ID: 36W95259HD832005K

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC

You speak from a script and you are basically ascertaining where these voters stand in the race. If you hit a voicemail message, then you hit a button and it leaves a message or something on their machine for you.

The main thing you do is guide the voter through the questions to get the information the campaign needs.

It seems almost too simple at first, but you realize quickly how important your presentation, tone of voice, and ability to speak with these voters are.

I stick to the script but if someone is a little mean I might try and be a bit nicer, but I never plead. "I would really appreciate your participation" and such sorts of things are not bad little phrases to throw in, as well as an extra hearty "thank you so much" at the end.

You owe it to yourself and the campaign to do a good job and be nice, because if you make it to the end, there's a disclosure that Ron Paul paid for it.

sailingaway
11-10-2011, 09:06 AM
People should probably sign up and get most of their information that way, the campaign does answer questions. We don't want to give too much away on public forums.

Closing thread.

sailingaway
11-10-2011, 09:07 AM
//