PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Lectures

BernardoEmerick
11-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Ron Paul is a message-type candidate, not a personality type. All support he has is because of the content of what he says. It's not about his looks, his voice and hypnotic suggestions. Until now, he's written some books and went to TV show to explain his ideas. Besides this, there are a lot of videos on Youtube with some of his explanations.

His campaign has faced some problems in delivering his message. In fact, relatively few have read his books; when he goes to TV, he has to play in the defence, and, most of time, he gets interrupted or don't have enough time to fully explain the CAUSES of our problems and the DEPTH of his solutions. As a consequence, it's very easy to create scarecrows, like those saying that he blames Americans for 9/11 or that he wants Iran to have nuclear power.

What I suggest - and urge to you to support this - is to create a series of VIDEOS in which Ron would lecture about his ideas.

For instance, he could explain in the details why he thinks the college education program is a failure and why it caused is students to be in huge debt. And he would respond to previously formulated objections. In this case, in particular, I've seen a student complaining that Ron only wants the rich to have college education. Ron would explain, in details, that the college education program rises costs, because students will go to college no matter what the price. Hence, an increase in prices leads to a minimum decrease in the numbers of students, that is, the college education demand curve becomes extremelly inelastic. Hence, every college gets higher profits raising prices. So, the CAUSE of high education costs is the government interventions. If you withdraw the CAUSE, then prices will fall. Then, he should explain that, when there were no college education subsidies, students could go to college without contracting a huge debt for themselves.

Going further on this example, Ron could explain in an additional Lecture why this college students debt problem is related to the debt crisis in general and with the FED, so people could understand precisely why almost all the problems starts with a loose monetary system, in which government can always print money to pay its bills.

I have a list of Lectures I'd like him to deliver:

Economics

1) Why the monetary system is our greatest problem?
2) Why our current monetary system in unconsitutional?
3) Step by step: from auditing the FED to its extinction
4) Should government have any control over money?
5) Why spending reform is a much bigger problem than tax reform?
6) Getting out of IMF
7) Why economic freedom matters? Freedom and prosperity
8) Should we blame the rich or government corporatism?
9) Get the bureaucracy all out of the way!
10) Business cycles: how could I predict our economic crisis?
11) Solution of problem: liquidate the debt

Foreign affairs

1) The conservative foreign affairs tradition
2) The foreign policy of the Founding Fathers
3) The Christian doctrine of Just War
4) Why non intervention is a better defence strategy?
5) If not by principles, go pragmatically: blowback history
6) The neocon take over and war propaganda
7) Foreign policy interventionism = Loosing your freedom
8) The costs of our foreign policy
9) Even if you disagree with me: or, we're broke!
10) Middle East explained
11) Iran explained
12) What about Israel
13) Let's get our troops home
14) Why is it impossible to fix the economy without fixing the international policy?

How would this project be done?

1) Ron would just have to talk, to give a lecture. He could give the Lectures almost anywhere. Some people could assist him in the preparation of the lectures, of course.
2) Lectures shouldn't be long. 15 min. max. Let's face it: most people don't want to spend time with politics.
3) There should be links to books, articles and other videos to support his claims. In particular, when he says that he predicted the crisis, there should be included videos of him talking about it in 2001, 2003 etc.
4) It's an almost costless project. He just have to talk.
5) People could make questions, objections etc. on the commentary on youtube. So, depending on his will, Ron could answer those question etc.
6) He should start delivering those Lectures asap. And, right now, he should give almost one Lecture everyday, so he could have almost all issues explained BEFORE IOWA.

Well, this is my suggestion. I hope you've enjoyed it and help get it to his campaign managers.