PDA

View Full Version : WeekendOfLiberty.com - next step?

SwordOfShannarah
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
There are a lot of great ideas on this forum and after this recent success a lot of people have been emailing me wondering what we'll do next.

December 15th is Bill of Rights day and December 16th is The Boston Tea Party, That's a Saturday and a Sunday. A "weekend of liberty". I think it would play well with the press and could not be spun negatively.

We'll raise money (maybe try for that 10 million again - and it we'll have two days to do it this time)
We'll educate the public by using these two dates and their inherent symbolism.
We'll add the Ron Paul Sign Bomb to this weekend
And perhaps a Ron Paul Yard Sale event as well..

the real beauty of WeekendOfLiberty.com is that we can co-ordinate many events (all our good ideas at once) and have a huge and focused impact.

Someone even emailed me about getting bands to play at meet ups across the country to raise money for Ron Paul.. that weekend would be a great time to do it.

I think we have so many great ideas in this forum. It would be great to take a weekend and bring the best of them all together and really knock this thing out of the park.

What do you think?

UPDATE: This is a great version of the idea..

I like the idea of devoting the 15th to do massive grass roots campaigning efforts like holding massive organized rallies and events throughout the country, spreading Dr. Paul's message, and then having the 16th as the actual money bomb day.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I think most are for the boston tea party idea since it was already in the works.

hopeforamerica
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I LOVE it!!!

kevman657
11-06-2007, 01:27 PM
The website name is a lot better. I suggest we go with this. Do you have a design yet? I could make one...

Tenbatsu
11-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I approve this message.

literatim
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I do not approve this message. If we split it into two days we CANNOT beat Hillary's 6.1 million.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I do not approve this message. If we split it into two days we CANNOT beat Hillary's 6.1 million.

I agree.

plus, already a lot of people put so much effort into the boston tea party idea already.

http://www.teaparty07.com/

SwordOfShannarah
11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

kevman657
11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I agree.

plus, already a lot of people put so much effort into the boston tea party idea already.

http://www.teaparty07.com/

It hasn't even gone live yet...

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Just throwing it out there.. I'm not so sure beating a record is most important.

I think it is because it is a statement as to the amount of support that dr. paul has.

Your idea does indeed sound good- in fact, great! But I think donations should be focused on one day because the press pays attention to that.

dircha
11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
We had success with the one day, date-oriented grassroots fundraiser. Let's be careful not to mess it up.

I think we're all very excited about the November 5th results, and they were exciting in large part I think because of how focused, and coordinated, and effective they were focused around a single day.

It seems to me the most likely path to repeating that success is to use the domain name thisdecember16th.com, similar to thisnovember5th.com, only this time the marketing for the event will target more general audiences as well. And I'll ad to that, that this is something with general enough appeal that we can advertise for it door to door.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
It hasn't even gone live yet...

Yeah, but they have been really working on it.

Maybe SwordOfShannarah can work with them?

He has excellent ideas and is a master at fundraising ideas.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I like the idea but think donations should be for ONE day.

davidkachel
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I think the single message approach is the best. (Boston tea party).

Isupportliberty
11-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I like the idea of devoting the 15th to do massive grass roots campaigning efforts like holding massive organized rallies and events throughout the country, spreading Dr. Paul's message, and then having the 16th as the actual money bomb day.

hopeforamerica
11-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Ditto!

literatim
11-06-2007, 01:50 PM

Agreed. They could use that time to promote December 16th.

Naraku
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
A two-day effort is great and there needs to be some viral marketing and guerrilla advertising in that week with some movement on donations before the weekend.

Saturday will be the big promotional event and December 16th the main event.

This isn't just about making a lot of money, but getting a lot of attention. A big week-long event that ends with a massive fundraiser is going to be far more effective and also allows for more possible donations.

jaumen
11-06-2007, 02:04 PM
sounding good to me :)

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm kind of torn. I like the idea of spreading it out to two days, but many of us want to beat Hilary's record... *ponder*

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Bump.

F U, Frank!

ShowMeLiberty
11-06-2007, 02:16 PM

Love it.

terlinguatx
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Taco John
11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
I like the Boston Teaparty... Personally, I've already started to blast that URL thinking it was live...

We should stick with it, IMO.

SwordOfShannarah
11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Please guys - don't lurk!! I need feedback.

Here is an article on PrisonPlanet getting some diggs for the idea of a weekend event.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/november2007/061107_fundraising_assault.htm

My issue is this..

How can we only do the Boston Tea Party when we've got Bill of rights day the day before it? How can we just walk away from that kind of symbolism and the chance to rally people around the issue of our rights being taken away?

And in the same line of thinking how can we pass up the Boston Tea Party which was an act of defiance and protest to taxes? Today we have the Federal Reserve and the invisible inflation tax.

BOTH days symbolize issues on Ron Paul's platform. And overall "Liberty" has got to be the single most used word by Ron Paul. That's why I like WeekendOfLiberty.com. It encompasses everything in one. One day for public celebration/meetups/sign bombs, etc. Then next day for the mass donation drive.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!! I've got to make a decision soon (the good news is I now have contacts in the MSM I can call on to help us push this).

Ozwest
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Weekend of Liberty has a nice ring. One day for "sign bombs" and "special events" followed by an all out blitz on Artilleries fund raising record sounds like a plan worth considering.

davidhperry
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I think organizing around the weekend is a great idea - both days are gold. Personally, I don't care about the supposed Hillary record. Who says we can't set the record for most money raised in 48 hours? Do we think we could focus the effort and raise more money if it's on a single day or would we collect more over two days - that's the question.

Is anyone concerned that having the fundraiser on a weekday is a problem? Saturday and Sunday are historically pretty slow since people are off doing other things. The nice thing about a weekday fundraiser is that many people have computer access at work and there is more of a news cycle. Maybe that's a red herring though - the weekend angle could work in our favor. Just a few thoughts.

"Weekend of Liberty" is very nice.

aspiringconstitutionalist
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
I love the idea of the Weekend of Liberty, but let's keep the moneybomb solely on the 16th.

Richandler
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
We aren't going to get another money Bomb news coverage. We need to now just raise the most money as possible! We have to make ourselves heard! Everywhere! Everyday. And those of you for the tea party maybe shouldn't be Ron Paul supporters if you don't think the Bill of Rights isn't more important than the Boston Tea Party. This is why we need a liberty weedend. Money GOALS drive the fundraising not just one day. This point was proven by the end of last quarter.

Ozwest
11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
The media seems to take a day to respond to events like this, so I don't see a problem with raising the money Sunday for Mondays news cycle.

Sematary
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
like it. I'd call it weekend FOR liberty, though.

wfd40
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Donate 1 day - Have rallies on the other!

Love the domain name as well.

Plus, you're the man behind thisnovember5th - you handled the guy fawkes controversy like a pro. Experience counts, and you have it.

Mani
I like the idea of activities and events on the 15th and the money bomb on the 16th.

We can tie in the Paint the Town Ron on a national level over the weekend.

Ozwest
FOR liberty does sound better.

SwordOfShannarah
11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
OK we can figure out which domain to use shortly. I just picked up WeekendForLiberty.com as well.

austin356
11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Is anyone concerned that having the fundraiser on a weekday is a problem? Saturday and Sunday are historically pretty slow since people are off doing other things. The nice thing about a weekday fundraiser is that many people have computer access at work and there is more of a news cycle. Maybe that's a red herring though - the weekend angle could work in our favor. Just a few thoughts.

"Weekend of Liberty" is very nice.

I agree. If it is going to be two days (which I like) I think we should just go ahead and make include Friday also as to get a few million more in weekday donations.

I know many people who DO NOT have access to the internet on weekends. Many people just use it at work. We will lose 1-2 million if we dont recognize this fact.

3 Days of Ron Paul = the most Glorious 3 days in my lifetime!

austin356
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
FOR liberty does sound better.

Why not just registered both domains?

Though for an official name I like FOR liberty better.

JordanL
11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I have ournewteaparty.com and am willing to contribute. :)

me3
11-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Beating Hillary's fund raising total is not important. Getting elected is. The money is only a means, not an end.

I like this idea. The tea party site has been slow to get going, and time needs to be on our side to make this work.

And I like the two day idea. We want to associate Trevor and the grassroots with positive historical events when fund raising, and these two days are fantastic for that purpose.

btw, forliberty for teh w1n.

rgampell
11-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Just my vote: the weekend-of-liberty idea is MUCH better than "let's do Nov. 5 again, only bigger." I hope everyone remembers that although this campaign is fun and exciting, it is not ACTUALLY a game!

FreeTraveler
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I think the Weekend For Liberty is a great idea, with Bill Of Rights Education (BORE) events on Saturday leading up to the Tea Party Bomb on Sunday.

JordanL
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Beating Hillary's fund raising total is not important. Getting elected is. The money is only a means, not an end.

I like this idea. The tea party site has been slow to get going, and time needs to be on our side to make this work.

And I like the two day idea. We want to associate Trevor and the grassroots with positive historical events when fund raising, and these two days are fantastic for that purpose.

btw, forliberty for teh w1n.

Well, someone has already registered "forliberty"... No idea who it was.

I have the tea party site, and that should be up within a day.

Spanish for Ron
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Boston Tea Party for me. Allows to set the all time record and 'one day' sounds far more impressive than 'over the weekend'. It just doesn't feel the same.

JordanL
11-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Boston Tea Party for me. Allows to set the all time record and 'one day' sounds far more impressive than 'over the weekend'. It just doesn't feel the same.

I'm thinking that Saturday is grassroots stuff... and sunday is donations.

Madison
11-06-2007, 05:49 PM
I voted No.

We will have a much better outcome if the money bomb is solely on the 16th, and the reason the Tea Party idea is better is because it was an act of revolution, which is what we will be doing.

The Bill of Rights idea can be integrated some other way but it shouldn't be a donation day.

austin356
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
The donations in one day does not matter any more.

The media will NOT BE IMPRESSED again. We should focused on raising the maximum amount possible, not just the maximum amount in one day.

Totals are everything, gimmicks are nothing, except to the extent they increase the totals. I am donating $1,000 on December 15th or maybe even 14th.

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Brilliant! Especially with doing a boots on the street thing on the 15th with the money bomb on the 16th.

davidhperry
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM

The media will NOT BE IMPRESSED again. We should focused on raising the maximum amount possible, not just the maximum amount in one day.

Totals are everything, gimmicks are nothing, except to the extent they increase the totals. I am donating $1,000 on December 15th or maybe even 14th.

Yes, exactly. If we pull in several more million dollars in a single drive, it's doesn't matter as much that's in a single 24-hour period. If the impact from 2 or 3 days is huge, it would be a good story for the media to report.

jake
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
LibertyWeekend.com might be a better URL (if available)

I like the idea of Rally saturday and moneybomb sunday for the weekend. Awesome. :D

literatim
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
As long as we don't split up the money bomb.

austin356
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Trevor, remember all the detractors for the fifth? (I was one of them at one point)

Just do what you think.

austin356
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
As long as we don't split up the money bomb.

some of us prefer the bomb to be split up.

literatim
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
How are we gonna beat Hillary's donation record if we split it up?

The media will just ignore it if we don't do a single day AT LEAST as good as November 5th. It will only get the kind of coverage November 5th is getting today IF we beat Hillary's $6.1 million.

some of us prefer the bomb to be split up.

Complete ignorance.

austin356
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Complete ignorance.

I know 10 people who are willing to donate for this fundraiser if I tell them about it.

7 of them only have internet at work. Sunday is always the least popular date to donate. We will lose 1-2 million from the totals if we dont recognize this fact.

Bryan
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
My fiat $0.02, FWIW.

I love the idea in general- having the whole thing on the weekend gives meet-up groups some flexibility on when they do things, etc. People can still do the Tea Party- it's just a subset of the Weekend of Liberty. :)

Focusing the money bomb on the 16th is fine but spreading it over the weekend is good. We can break the day record in January. :)

Even with a 16th money bomb there's no reason to limit rallies to the 15th, some of the best rallies may be fund raising rallies at some eating establishment with wifi connects where people can make donations and watch the numbers go up. Bradley in DC had one of these where they had the campaign website on a big screen and they cheered as their donations went by.

A side thought (and anti-to my flexibility argument :))- something that would be amazing in unity would be to have many rallies coordinated on some specific time with a live Justin.tv on as many as possible. Take things to the next level. :)

Brad Zink
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I really love the idea of a sign bomb for that weekend. If the Ron Paul Meetup groups got involved, we could cover every highway in the country with Ron Paul banners!

literatim
11-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I know 10 people who are willing to donate for this fundraiser if I tell them about it.

7 of them only have internet at work. Sunday is always the least popular date to donate. We will lose 1-2 million from the totals if we dont recognize this fact.

Then they can donate by phone.

Mani
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I really love the idea of a sign bomb for that weekend. If the Ron Paul Meetup groups got involved, we could cover every highway in the country with Ron Paul banners!

Money bombs, sign bombs, rallies. All in one weekend. WOW! This could be HUGE!!

ronpaulyourmom
11-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Forget Hillary's record, raising as much money as possible over the weekend for the Monday news cycle is the most important point.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Focusing the money bomb on the 16th is fine but spreading it over the weekend is good. We can break the day record in January.

We could. But I think what works is a day that is commonly known in history or a movie that has significance to our cause. Know of any days in January? Columbus Day won't work in my opinion.

literatim
11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
We need to keep the two completely separate with each having its own website as not to confuse the money bomb day with the sign bomb day.

Forget Hillary's record, raising as much money as possible over the weekend for the Monday news cycle is the most important point.

Dude, seriously. The only thing the media will report is SINGLE DAY donations. Any DUAL DAY donations will be completely ignored.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I am in agreement with literatim but I don't think they should be mutually exclusive. I think one should lead to the other if we do it this way.

austin356
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
We need to keep the two completely separate with each having its own website as not to confuse the money bomb day with the sign bomb day.

Dude, seriously. The only thing the media will report is SINGLE DAY donations. Any DUAL DAY donations will be completely ignored.

Dude, seriously the media will not care this time around. They were surprised by yesterdays cash, they will not be surprised next time. We need to focus on getting maximum cash. We will not win this election nationally, we will win it by winning IA, NH, NV, SC, MI, and FL. For that we need maximum cash.

A Monday headline of "Ron Paul raises $10 million over weekend" is 10x better than "Ron Paul raises 8 million on Sunday"

literatim
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Dude, seriously the media will not care this time around. They were surprised by yesterdays cash, they will not be surprised next time. We need to focus on getting maximum cash. We will not win this election nationally, we will win it by winning IA, NH, NV, SC, MI, and FL. For that we need maximum cash.

If we earn less, they will report it negatively.

Bryan
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
LibertyWeekend.com might be a better URL (if available)
Just try it, it's taken. :) Good idea however.

jpa
11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
the most important thing is you work together with the people who started on teaparty07.com

freedom is popular. We should have a big tent for grassroots events.

Bryan
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
More fiat $0.02. The WeekendOfLiberty.com could have two main pages, one for the TeaParty and one for the Bill Of Rights day. Each day is equally important. Events can then be scheduled within each- that is secondary.

Or there can be three websites. WeekendOfLiberty.com which points to Teaparty07.com and one on the Bill of Rights. :) OK, overkill. :)

Either way, there is no reason to not bring it all together in a big tent.

Also- I say we need banners made up to replicate the Bill of Rights itself, who's on it? :)

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 07:26 PM
More fiat $0.02. The WeekendOfLiberty.com could have two main pages, one for the TeaParty and one for the Bill Of Rights day. Each day is equally important. Events can then be scheduled within each- that is secondary....

Also- I say we need banners made up to replicate the Bill of Rights itself, who's on it? :)

Best idea, I have heard all night!!!

TheEvilDetector
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM

Are you Tyler? The guy who came up with the idea of Nov 5th?

literatim
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
More fiat $0.02. The WeekendOfLiberty.com could have two main pages, one for the TeaParty and one for the Bill Of Rights day. Each day is equally important. Events can then be scheduled within each- that is secondary.

Or there can be three websites. WeekendOfLiberty.com which points to Teaparty07.com and one on the Bill of Rights. :) OK, overkill. :)

This biggest part of viral marketing is the theme. Weekend of Liberty is bleh--boring. Each just needs to be separate organized events. It's like you are trying to add a centralized government onto two separate events.

me3
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't agree with that. Two events means competition. Central Economic planning is top down, it's not about being ambitious.

He's already divided up the event into a fund raising portion and an activism portion. What's central about it, is that the two events can cross promote, like ronpaulgraphs and ronpaulforums.com. People signing up for one, are that much more likely to sign up for the other day as well. Particularly if the email list is common between both.

We need to keep thinking bigger, and capitalizing on this momentum.

imaginegirl
11-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a high-res photo of Ron Paul? Working on a banner idea...

scbissler
11-06-2007, 08:01 PM

I completely agree with this. WeekendforLiberty.com to coordinate the various events being held. Hillary's one day record doesn't matter.

literatim
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't agree with that. Two events means competition. Central Economic planning is top down, it's not about being ambitious.

He's already divided up the event into a fund raising portion and an activism portion. What's central about it, is that the two events can cross promote, like ronpaulgraphs and ronpaulforums.com. People signing up for one, are that much more likely to sign up for the other day as well. Particularly if the email list is common between both.

We need to keep thinking bigger, and capitalizing on this momentum.

This isn't an argument about an activism portion and a fund raising portion. It is about them wanting to bleed the fund raising portion into both days. Yet, if you start combining the two, people can get confused and donate on the wrong day. We don't need to promote our activism activity to outsiders like we do our fund raising one.

Brian Bailey
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I find WeekendOfLiberty easier to say than WeekendForLiberty. It just rolls off the tongue a little easier, and I think that is key to viral word-of-mouth efforts.

15th for activities and 16th for donations sounds like a guaranteed winner, in my mind.

me3
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM
We don't need to promote our activism activity to outsiders like we do our fund raising one.
Why not? We need voters and MeetUp participants just as much as donors. In fact, a MeetUp drive would probably be a good initiative as well.

The campaign made it clear on the briefing tonight. The grassroots has to do more than fund raise. We have to become delegates, precinct captains and join the GOP or we're not going to win with the popular vote alone.

twister5400
11-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't see why the boston tea party people don't go ahead and get the site live, and running like the november 5th site was... then the bill of rights people set up their money bomb site and get it live...

the weekendofliberty site gets up and running, and broadcasts both money bombs , as well as any events around the country that will be going on. it could have the links, and tickers/graphs for each site, then down below, it could have a map or something showing all of the concert fundraisers, or whatever... i think it could be really awesome

literatim
11-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Why not? We need voters and MeetUp participants just as much as donors. In fact, a MeetUp drive would probably be a good initiative as well.

The campaign made it clear on the briefing tonight. The grassroots has to do more than fund raise. We have to become delegates, precinct captains and join the GOP or we're not going to win with the popular vote alone.

Because activism takes organized effort. Advertising our organized activism will not bring in any new supporters, it can simply confuse any potential supporters. We need to focus advertising Ron Paul first and foremost and then advertise the donation drive for them to focus.

If you market two in one, it loses focus. All of a sudden the donations isn't the center of the viral marketing. You are tacking on an extra element, adding an unneeded complexity that can come out more detrimental than helpful.

Another important aspect to viral marketing is a theme that is mysterious. A mystery that can be unlocked, but is very clear in the exact message you want to give out. The more complexities, the harder it will be to pull off.

I don't see why the boston tea party people don't go ahead and get the site live, and running like the november 5th site was... then the bill of rights people set up their money bomb site and get it live...

the weekendofliberty site gets up and running, and broadcasts both money bombs , as well as any events around the country that will be going on. it could have the links, and tickers/graphs for each site, then down below, it could have a map or something showing all of the concert fundraisers, or whatever... i think it could be really awesome

You are advocating cutting our possible 24-hour donations in half.

qsecofr
11-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Love the idea of rallies on Saturday and money bomb on Sunday, we can possibly get two great days of coverage. On Sat everyone gets the word out and drums up enthusiasm, we invite lots of local media, acts as an early warning for those not online as much. The tension will build as the Media reports the turnout and speculate on the bomb. Sunday we smash all the records.

How about something like WeekendOfLibery coordinating the totals for "Catchy name" local rally Saturday and sites like teaparty07. WeekendOfLibery could be an unoficial portal to the whole weekend and add subscriber metrics like chowda and ronpaulgraphs is doing for donations.

I like the whole coordinated but decentralized idea for grassroots, we are obviously a diverse bunch so creating more structure then needed could be to our disadvantage.

An article at www.patrickruffini.com (http://www.patrickruffini.com/2007/11/06/what-ron-pauls-38m-means/) details it better then I could. I'm as green as they come but it sounded pretty reasonable.

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I really like your plan. A few of us have been working on several things over at www.ronpaulsrebels.com, which has become all about putting all these great strategies and events in one place.

It looks as if that's what you want to do with weekendofliberty.com as well but mainly focusing on the weekend of events as opposed to all major events and strategies.

I'd like for us to coordinate our efforts so that we can be most powerful in exploding the revolution... I still have work to do on ronpaulsrebels and it seems that every day there are more great ideas and strategies that come along. So don't mind the cheap look, it's getting better. :o

Let me know how I can help and how we can work together to ensure victory for Dr. Paul.

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. I tried to send this in a PM but your box was full. To best reply to this post or contact me, send a PM.

kevman657
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I agree, weekendforliberty.com sounds best!

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, but I think we should have the money bomb only on one day like Sunday Dec. 16

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Let's try to beat Hilary's record and go with a one day $$-bomb.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I say have rallies across the country on the Bill of Rights Day and then have the money bomb on Sunday.

I think the message behind the money bomb on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party is a powerful message to the establishment that we are taking back our country. What better day to do that?

And the Bill of Rights day should be just that- activism- expressing our 1st amendment rights through country wide rallies.

;)

Richandler
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Let's stop trying to beat Hillary and focus on beating Giuliani first.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Let's stop trying to beat Hillary and focus on beating Giuliani first.

I'm talking single day fundraiser numbers. We already whooped Ghoul in that department. ;)

austin356
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
How about creating a regional competition?

See how many people west of the Mississippi River can donate on BoR day and how many people east of the Mississippi River can donate on BTP day?

Bryan
11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
This biggest part of viral marketing is the theme. Weekend of Liberty is bleh--boring. Each just needs to be separate organized events. It's like you are trying to add a centralized government onto two separate events.
This is grassroots so no government force is possible. :) Each event can be done on its own and can be a part of the Weekend of Liberty. Not everyone will like the name, but then again there were screams of protest and debate over Nov 5th too. :)

Personally, I'll be excited about any of it- I'm just tossing in my thoughts. :)

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
How about creating a regional competition?

See how many people west of the Mississippi River can donate on BoR day and how many people east of the Mississippi River can donate on BTP day?

Sounds complicated but thanks for the suggestion.

;)

greves
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm totally pro the weekendforliberty.com idea - Saturday = massive campaigning, Sunday = massive donations. Sounds perfect to me and I'll be participating in both.

SOMEONE GET THE WEBSITE UP!

/has no web skillz :(

derdy
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Here's what I posted in another thread. :

The night of the 15th there's a Ron Paul rally at about 9PM or 10PM. This includes Ron Paul giving a speech in IA or NH with a large gather of people and speakers. We could have speakers talk about the Bill of Rights. One thing I was thinking of as the countdown to the 16th, the Boston Tea Party anniversary, we could have someone read anonymous quotes: those from our fore fathers followed by a quote from a modern day politician, be it Dem or Rep, to show the disparity from the founders to what we have today (and not disclosing if the politician is Dem or Rep shows that they are one in the same!) with audience cheers and boos to show approval/disapproval. In essence a list of grievances and what we want our government to be.

The official fund raising for the boston tea party is kicked off by Ron Paul tossing a bag with a dollar sign on it, symbolic of our grievances into a Rive or something and the crowd breaking into jubilation!!

Ron Paul then goes onto raise 10 Million and the Republic lives on!!

Man that'd be sweet!

rich34
11-06-2007, 09:23 PM
We also need to do a great job of "advertising" the new money bomb. The more people know about this the greater our chances of hitting our 10 million goal.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
That is actually a really good idea!
:D

ronpaulyourmom
11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Just as a side note, no reason we cant have massive campaigning and donations on both days, no need to assign one to another. The goal should be to raise money and drum up support, not break records.

tfelice
11-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I like the idea of a two day thing. One day for boots on the ground work particuarly in the early primary states. The second for a fundraising day. Beating the 6.1 million would be a huge feather in Paul's cap going into the home stretch.

teaparty07 is a good idea as well, but the URL can be redirected. The site isn't live and there is 5 weeks or so to go. We do need to consolidate all these threads, vote on it, assign tasks, take charge and run with the idea. Dozens of threads with varying ideas at this point is a waste of time. Perhaps the mods can schedule a forum conference or something like that and just reach a decision in the next day or two so it can go live by Saturday.

austin356
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Sounds complicated but thanks for the suggestion.

;)

You know you socialist masses in NJ will lose it 4 us on the east side dont ya?:p:p

austin356
11-06-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm totally pro the weekendforliberty.com idea - Saturday = massive campaigning, Sunday = massive donations. Sounds perfect to me and I'll be participating in both.

SOMEONE GET THE WEBSITE UP!

/has no web skillz :(

lets not rush a website up. It needs to look real good.

We need a CMS expert here. Eye candy is needed, not just some ugh boring but neat page.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Just as a side note, no reason we cant have massive campaigning and donations on both days, no need to assign one to another. The goal should be to raise money and drum up support, not break records.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. I think though most supporters would donate on one day and I also think the millions he will raise would create a lot of publicity especially in the media. Believe it or not, that publicity is free advertising for us.

;)

James R
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Here is a list of possible alternate names to TeaParty07.com. Please list your favorites:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=28407&page=12

Of course the new name will only be valid if the TeaParty07.com campaign is handed control of the domain. This way there is no infighting. Nobody has yet officially nominated WeekendOfLiberty.com as the best name, so in 10 minutes when I put up the vote for it, it may very well not be on the list to vote for.
Edit/Delete Message

Ivanelterrible
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
If we can get the media to focus on us on the 15th, the 16th can be truly massive event even more spectacular then the 5th. Problem is getting the media to focus on us on the 15th, and Im not sure a large amount of demonstrations is gonna do it.

nlke182
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I agree with the one day money bomb. The idea of beating the 6.1 million is not to beat Hillary but show that Paul has the strongest campaign of all time. If he is the all time one day money leader everyone will pick up the story and he will be considered the front runner (if he isn't already cause of Nov 5th). Point is one day gets people excited and gets reported, a two day donation record is not something that the news has followed in the past and they won't start now.

greves
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Unless, of course, he gets 12.2 million + over 2 days ;)

Pride
11-06-2007, 11:45 PM

EDIT: I love the idea of Saturday being used for grassroots campaigning and the Sunday being used for donating.
The next step is weekend liberty!

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:51 PM
the owner of teaparty07 has offered to give control of the sight to someone else, IIRC.

NewEnd
11-06-2007, 11:56 PM

gimmicks are everything.
they are why people donate in the first place.

NewEnd
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I think it sucks this is on a weekend... but splitting it over saturday and sunday will not alleviate the problem of no internet at home.

I wish it could be a non weekend day, but unfortunatley, this is about the best spaced significant day, early enough to be effective for early primaries, and late enough allow people to recharge.

Flirple
11-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I think we must be careful not to get carried away and distracted with our imaginations. It is too tempting to dream up big events, concerts, rallies, educational efforts, etc. But those are all very time consuming and expensive efforts.

The thing that made Nov. 5th so exquisitely effective is that it required very little effort from people. And the result was free publicity which increased Ron's name recognition with people who didn't know his name.

The method I would prefer is a 2 day approach; Use Saturday for promotion (sign waving for the next day's money bomb, calling radio stations, etc.) and Sunday for the Money bomb.

davidhperry
11-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Something occurred to me after thinking about the Mitt Romney fundraiser that generated $3.1M. I read that he received pledges which put that number over $6M. I don't think the campaign is set up to receive pledges at this point, but I bet we could garner an insane level of pledges if we were to ask the grassroots - in addition to collecting the money, of course.

Think of the impact it would have if we can collect $5-$10 million during the liberty weekend fundraiser and also get people to pledge 2 or 3 times that for the subsequent quarter. That would be an impressive one-two punch going into the primary season. Beyond being another impressive day of fundraising, it would demonstrate to the pundits that Ron Paul's supporters are ready to step up to the plate for the general election.

To be taken seriously in the media, HQ would have to receive the pledges. Otherwise, the media is less likely to believe an unofficial web site. With enough encouragement, I think we could convince them to do it though.

wisconsinite
11-07-2007, 12:46 AM
I like keeping the one day donation on the 16th.

I would think the vast majority of people have internet access at home, at a friend's home, at the local library or they could call their donation in over the phone.

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 01:23 AM
According to the Ron Paul campaign Hillary didnt raise 6.1mil

Gimme Some Truth
11-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Please guys - don't lurk!! I need feedback.

Here is an article on PrisonPlanet getting some diggs for the idea of a weekend event.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/november2007/061107_fundraising_assault.htm

My issue is this..

How can we only do the Boston Tea Party when we've got Bill of rights day the day before it? How can we just walk away from that kind of symbolism and the chance to rally people around the issue of our rights being taken away?

And in the same line of thinking how can we pass up the Boston Tea Party which was an act of defiance and protest to taxes? Today we have the Federal Reserve and the invisible inflation tax.

BOTH days symbolize issues on Ron Paul's platform. And overall "Liberty" has got to be the single most used word by Ron Paul. That's why I like WeekendOfLiberty.com. It encompasses everything in one. One day for public celebration/meetups/sign bombs, etc. Then next day for the mass donation drive.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!! I've got to make a decision soon (the good news is I now have contacts in the MSM I can call on to help us push this).

Bill of Rights day = donation day.

Boston Tea Party = Get everyone down to Boston and throw photocopies of the Patriot Act into the river. Rally , offline donations etc ..Possibly even get Ron there for a speech ?

Thats what id personally do.

tfelice
11-07-2007, 05:45 AM
Boston Tea Party = Get everyone down to Boston and throw photocopies of the Patriot Act into the river. Rally , offline donations etc ..Possibly even get Ron there for a speech ?

Pardon the use of a Rush Limbaugh quote but that seems to me to be "symbolism over substance". Dec 16 is mere weeks away from the early primary contests. Rather than having people gather in Boston for a rally, wouldn't it be far more profitable for those in the area to travel to NH and do some old fashioned retail politicking? Provided that the NH primary is still future on that date. Otherwise, and additionally we need people working in the other early states.

jrich4rpaul
11-07-2007, 06:38 AM
The weekend as an event would be great, with the 16th being the donation day. The first day will spread the message, and the 16th we'll be dumping donations instead of tea.

Jobarra
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Love the idea of Weekend of Liberty. I think having a one day massive donation is still the best choice. Dec 15th for raising awareness of Ron Paul and the event is a very good idea, and it allows us to exercise the inherent rights that are laid out by the document ;). The imagery of the people rebelling against unfair taxation on Dec 16th is just too much to pass up.

If we doubled our Nov 5th efforts, the media would definitely report that. I was shocked they reported Nov 5th at all, but now that they have, you can see the effect the coverage got Ron Paul. Now people are seeing him and reading about him and just that one effort will probably increase the residuals of Nov 5th by about 2 to 3 times. Look at what it has done to the rate of donations after Nov 5th :).

literatim
11-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Having 'weekendofliberrty.com' draws attention to the more important donation day. We need all eyes on December 16th. Having December 15th as an awareness day is very good, but it simply should be included with December 16th. Thus making December 16th the focus.

austin356
11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
This is what I have come up with for our area, sent via email to our state coordinator and a few other people:

WEEKEND for LIBERTY!
December 14th, 15th, & 16th

*What is the Weekend for Liberty?*
The Weekend for Liberty is the national name umbrella for a number of events centered around Bill of Rights Day (Dec. 15th) and the Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party (Dec. 16th). We are combining many events and fundraisers in order maximize exposure and earned media. The intent is to make sure everyone in the nation gets exposed to the Ron Paul Revolution through multiple mediums over the course of 72 hours.

*What is the events schedule for our area (Greater Birmingham)?*

* Friday December 14th - We will be blanketing the entire Metro area with Ron Paul signs, using both traditional sign methods (yardsigns, utility pole signs, 8' x 4' Chloroplast signs, etc) and non-traditional methods (banners, etc).

* Saturday December 15th - We will be canvassing as much of the metro as we can with door-2-door, flyer handouts at malls, and other highly effective direct and traditional campaigning methods. We will be starting out in the most libertarian/conservative areas of the metro and work our way out from there.

* Sunday December 16th - We will be participating in a national "money bomb" that is expected to blow away the 5th of November. We will be hosting a house party fundraiser Sunday afternoon as a means of maximizing donations. People who cannot attend will be encouraged to donate online or by phone from their home or Sunday location. We will also be having a competition between metro activist to see who can bundle the most donations for Ron Paul on this day. The winner will receive a to be determined prize.

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Sounds great, austin356. :)

SonicInfinity
11-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Now THAT'S what I like to hear, austin356. KEEP THE MONEY BOMBING FOR ONE DAY AND ONE DAY ONLY, and do the rest of the things on the other day.

Mani
11-07-2007, 01:29 PM
This is what I have come up with for our area, sent via email to our state coordinator and a few other people:

That is excellent. I forwarded that itinerary to our local meetup organizer to see if we can get this thing rolling.

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I LOVE the idea of activism on one day and money on another.

However, let me make one suggestion: Apart from the tremendous money we raised 11/5, the other thing that is making news is the sheer number of donations we received. Imagine if in addition to the $100 pledge on BTP day, we also had a small pledge of say, $17.91 for BoR day. That would help people sign up who could not afford the $100, and allow the campaign/us to play it anyway we/they wanted. Imagine this report on the following Monday:

"The Paul campaign, which received a whopping $4.2 million dollar 24 hour donation last month broke their own record yesterday, raising over $6.3 million dolaars in one day. The campaign reports that they received over $10,000,000 over the course of the weekend from well over 100,000 donors."

I think it could be really dramatic.

JM

literatim
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
With pushing December 16th money bomb heavily the day before and even before that, we can really break records.

We cannot have less than a $100 pledge though. A high pledge and a high goal really motivates people and puts the fact that we need a lot of money on the forefront. Imagine how many people wouldn't have donated $100 if you simply told them all they had to donate was $20. That doesn't, however, stop people from donating what they can.

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree that $100 seemed to work great for 11/5, and I agree that the main "donation day" on Sun should have a $100 pledge.

But there are a whole lot of people who just could not afford the $100, but could afford $20. Until only a year or so, I was in that (non) income bracket. Plus, being that low of a pledge for the BoR day will get a whole lot of college kids, who couldn't afford $100, signing up spreading the news on the social networking sites like mad. Because all the sites are linked, any publicity for one site helps build the others.

When everything is chalked up on Monday, you have (hopefully) a new day record on Sunday and the ability to talk about your tremendous number of donors ocer the weekend.

JM

qsecofr
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I agree that $100 seemed to work great for 11/5, and I agree that the main "donation day" on Sun should have a $100 pledge.

But there are a whole lot of people who just could not afford the $100, but could afford $20. Until only a year or so, I was in that (non) income bracket. Plus, being that low of a pledge for the BoR day will get a whole lot of college kids, who couldn't afford $100, signing up spreading the news on the social networking sites like mad. Because all the sites are linked, any publicity for one site helps build the others.

When everything is chalked up on Monday, you have (hopefully) a new day record on Sunday and the ability to talk about your tremendous number of donors ocer the weekend.

JM

I think having the lofty goal of only signing up if you were committed to $100 was great for the 5th, when I approached some of my relatives and friends some were willing to give a $100 because I was willing to part with the same and it encouraged others to give $50, $25, etc.

It also shows we as a force have decent money and are willing to part with it for Ron, if the pledge was for $10 it wouldn't have made such in impact IMHO. That being said I really like the fact teaparty has the different denominations because we are going to need to appeal to a much larger base this time around.

If they can provide those figures in real time we will be able to show our unity because thousands will commit $100, thousands will commit less or more. Anything that provides instant and constant feedback will get more supporters then the black hole other candidates draw their pledge #'s from. If there are 10K pledging $100, 20k pledging $50 and 30k pledging $25 that says a whole lot more then 19K donating $100 and everyone else silent... plus, if someone was down for $25 and sees how many are bumping that to $50 you'll have a lot of tier jumpers out of guilt or inspiration :D

austin356
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Pledges could be:
$23.40
and
$100.00
and
$234.00 (number of years since BTP)

jgmaynard
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
<test Of The Emergency Dumb Post System - This Post Of Mine That Can"t Be Deleted Was Dumb> :d

Jm

austin356
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
<test Of The Emergency Dumb Post System - This Post Of Mine That Can"t Be Deleted Was Dumb> :d

Jm

We all have our moments :p:p

literatim
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Pledges could be:
$23.40
and
$100.00
and
$234.00 (number of years since BTP)

No. We need to make people understand that they need to donate at least $100. Imagine how much less we would have had on Nov 5th if people donated $20 instead of $100.

austin356
11-07-2007, 03:35 PM
No. We need to make people understand that they need to donate at least $100. Imagine how much less we would have had on Nov 5th if people donated $20 instead of $100.

What about the college students who dont have 100? Facebook people need a lower tier to promote in order to get some donations.

Its the laffer curve effect.

Some instances will be different than others. For instance the laffer curve is much more to the left on Facebook than DailyPaul.

work2win
11-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Weekend of Liberty.

Another great grassroots plan. Rally on Saturday, donate on Sunday. Lets do it.

We already got the record for single-day fundraising as far as the media is concerned, so I don't think that will get play this time around. Massive fundraising, along with rallies and showing of support is its own story, and will be what is covered this time.

me3
11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I just realized the 16th is a Sunday.

That's a low traffic day on the 'net, many people are home and not checking email or browsing.

I think we'll have to do our best to remind them the week before and on Friday and Saturday.

jonathanwebb
11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
I just realized the 16th is a Sunday.

Wow, me3, you just realized this? With all your posting here and you seriously didn't realize this?

I'm worried about 'cha, friend. :confused:

me3
11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow, me3, you just realized this? With all your posting here and you seriously didn't realize this?

I'm worried about 'cha, friend. :confused:
Ok, I JUST realized it was a Sunday, and that impact on the # of people who go on the 'net on a Sunday.