PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Right Then, Right Now, Right for America

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:12 AM
We need a way to get the message out that the other candidates are stealing Dr. Paul's ideas, and that he's been right all along. And it needs to be short enough that it begs to go viral.

I know this can be done in 60 seconds or less, and I only wish I still had the tools to tackle it myself.

Update: Chainspell and I are working on this now. See later posts for help we could use.

================================================== ===========

(Visual: Ron Paul standing alone post-debate 2007, while other candidates glad-hand each other; pensive music under)

VO: Four years ago, Ron Paul stood alone,

(Fade to 2007 picture of him sitting alone in room with pensive look and debate shoes on during next sentence. For a snappier version, intermix some pics of sneers and jeers from other candidates before landing on that shot.)

VO: Alone in predicting the impact on America of too much government, too much war, too much spending.

(Visual: 2011; candidates lined up to shake Ron Paul's hand, post debate, music trends upbeat)

VO: Today, Ron Paul leads the pack, as candidate after candidate recognizes reality -- four years too late.

(Visual + Sound: Other candidate in recent debates: "Ron is right, Dr. Paul is right, etc, etc.)

VO: "In a time of false promises and politicians without principles. One man... will lead the nation... and restore America."

fade to:

RP: Clip from 2007 - "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with."

Fade to Ron Paul Logo/RP big smile pic; vo text above? applause from above clip fades under VO.

VO: Ron Paul - Right Then, Right Now, Right for America

==============================================

This could easily be expanded into longer videos, interleaving some way-earlier clips of Dr. Paul's predictions with other candidates saying the same things today. But I think the short-but-sweet version is the real winner.

hillertexas
11-10-2011, 07:31 AM
"Right Then, Right Now, Right for America" <---I like that.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Bump for morning crew.

anewvoice
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
"Right Then, Right Now, Right for America" <---I like that.

This is a great tagline!

Join The Paul Side
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Do it! :D

speciallyblend
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
calling chainspell^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Fantastic!!

Edit - I'd love to upload the video to my channel as well. I have a couple thousand subscribers (including military personnel). They seem generally receptive to the message of freedom.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Bump for the afternoon crew.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
oh sorry looks great ill work on it after i upload my new video today!

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Cool, let me know if you want any rewrites, if it needs to be stretched or cut or anything, or if I can help finding pictures or clips.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Cool, let me know if you want any rewrites, if it needs to be stretched or cut or anything, or if I can help finding pictures or clips.
hehe thanks i love the enthusiasm i could really use the help in those areas :) i'll post here later with some thoughts.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Found a few pics from my old collection that may be handy.

Unfortunately, the only copy I have of this one had been photoshopped by the time I got it. I think SELLOUTS has to go, but maybe somebody else has a cleaner copy.

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/50068/2367538540100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's an alternate picture, but it's not quite as good, IMO.

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/8810/2448068460100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Of course, we all know and love this one. I'm sure you've got a better copy.

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/48240/2964219520100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's another good shot for the pensive part, if it's needed.

http://inlinethumb32.webshots.com/5663/2751708490100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

And something like this is what I had in mind for the wrapup. I'm guessing you've probably got something better.

http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/46755/2865714820100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Matthew Zak
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSEvrloBetw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

gb13
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
"Ron Paul: Right Then, Right Now, Right for America"

That is a star-caliber tagline. Really, really great. +rep

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 04:32 PM
[B]VO: Why trust an imitation, when you can have the original?

this one sounds weird, or can be worded some other way

I assume this part:
(Visual + Sound: Other candidate in recent debates: "Ron is right, Dr. Paul is right, etc, etc.)
is going to be the beef of the video? we can devote maybe 20-30 seconds on this?

I also agree about making the video about as short as can be.

If you can compile those clips of other candidates I think we can get started.

Do you like the VO voice of this guy? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329257-Veteran-s-Day-Money-Bomb-Video-(sort-of...) I think I can contact him and have him do another one.

also I like the Ron Paul: Right then thing.

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Do you like the VO voice of this guy? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329257-Veteran-s-Day-Money-Bomb-Video-(sort-of...) I think I can contact him and have him do another one.

I dig him.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Fantastic!!

Edit - I'd love to upload the video to my channel as well. I have a couple thousand subscribers (including military personnel). They seem generally receptive to the message of freedom.
hey shane feel free to re-up my videos too :) If you got a ton of subscribers that would be really awesome :) but I guess they already know about Ron Paul, but still it will help the ideas spread!

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
hey shane feel free to re-up my videos too :) If you got a ton of subscribers that would be really awesome :) but I guess they already know about Ron Paul, but still it will help the ideas spread!

Thanks for that ^_____^

Can I enable revenue sharing as well? That way I can donate more to the campaign.

anewvoice
11-10-2011, 04:50 PM
[B]VO: Why trust an imitation, when you can have the original?

What about "Don't trust the student, trust the teacher."

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for that ^_____^

Can I enable revenue sharing as well? That way I can donate more to the campaign.
yeah you can if it will let you :)

What about "Don't trust the student, trust the teacher."
hmm what about

"In a time of false promises and politicians without principles. One man... will lead the nation... and restore America."

RP: Clip from 2007 - "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with."

affa
11-10-2011, 05:28 PM
excellent script. excellent tagline.

really dig it.

could also possibly work in the clip of him predicting the collapse....

american.swan
11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
yeah you can if it will let you :)

hmm what about

"In a time of false promises and politicians without principles. One man... will lead the nation... and restore America."

I like Ron Paul's statement on the founders above, but the video to that isn't the best.

We need a video like this, maybe a different video, where he talks about the housing bubble seven years in advance of it's collapse.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 05:58 PM
VO: Why trust an imitation, when you can have the original?

I assume this part:

is going to be the beef of the video? we can devote maybe 20-30 seconds on this?

I also agree about making the video about as short as can be.

If you can compile those clips of other candidates I think we can get started.

I wasn't crazy about the "Why trust an imitation..." either. I like your alternative: "In a time of false promises and politicians without principles. One man... will lead the nation... and restore America." I think since it will follow VO: Today, Ron Paul leads the pack, as candidate after candidate recognizes reality -- four years too late, then we show the other candidates now agreeing with him, the video in total will make the "imitation vs. original" point without belaboring it.

I don't know if you'll have 30 seconds for the "Ron is right" stuff with everything else in there. I'd really like to see the short version of this come in right around 60 seconds; that makes it easy to get people to watch the whole thing, which encourages it going viral.

I noticed in the last debate several of the candidates said something along those lines. I seem to remember a few from earlier debates, too. I'll go looking. If anybody else can point to them, that would be great too.

I think the voice you used in the new Veterans ad is great. It would be good if he slips into a more upbeat tone for the second half, where RPs ideas are catching on, I think. From the line VO: Today Ron Paul leads the pack...

Glad you like the tagline. I think it's very powerful.

I'll revise the OP to match.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:04 PM
excellent script. excellent tagline.

really dig it.

could also possibly work in the clip of him predicting the collapse....

I like Ron Paul's statement on the founders above, but the video to that isn't the best.

We need a video like this, maybe a different video, where he talks about the housing bubble seven years in advance of it's collapse.

I picked the "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed..." quote because it sums up his whole philosophy in a consise, easily remembered sound byte. It also nicely recaps the positions that the other candidates have co-opted. I don't think the housing collapse fits the theme nearly as well. It ties back to the early part of the video: VO: Alone in predicting the impact on America of too much government, too much war, too much spending. It's the best clip I remember for tying the two ends together. Other suggestions that accomplish that better would certainly be appreciated.

Maybe I can get Chainspell to collaborate on a video about his warnings after we get this one done. What say you, Chainspell? I've seen some long vids on his housing predictions, but nothing short and sweet. I think it could be a good one. I'll start thinking about a script after I go find those "Ron is right" bits.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 06:21 PM
yeah man if you wanna finalize the script i can send a freelance request for the voice over to be done.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:30 PM
yeah man if you wanna finalize the script i can send a freelance request for the voice over to be done.

I think the voiceover script is complete now, as reflected in the OP. See any more changes you think it needs?

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 06:35 PM
So:

Four years ago,
Ron Paul stood alone,

Alone in predicting
the impact on America
of too much government,
too much war,
too much spending.

Today,
Ron Paul leads the pack,
as candidate after candidate
recognizes reality
-- four years too late.

In a time of false promises
and politicians without principles.
One man...
will lead the nation...
and restore America.

Ron Paul
-- Right Then,
Right Now,
Right for America
agreed on the stops?

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Agreed on the stops. Go for it. I'm watching the last debate now to time the agreements. I'll probably have to do one or two more debates as well to find all the candidates agreeing with something. :)

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
yeah so you're gonna find the material for me? nice!! and you're gonna lay out what to use and when? nice!!

it's like a dream come true :)

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
That sounds fantastic guys.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Agreed on the stops. Go for it. I'm watching the last debate now to time the agreements. I'll probably have to do one or two more debates as well to find all the candidates agreeing with something. :)

are we using that guy's voice again? or do you want to hear other voices?

ill just post an open request and tell that guy about it.

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm gonna find the cut points to pull the agreements with Ron out of the videos. Way up there, I tossed in some low-res pictures that fit in some places. You may have better pictures or videos, more pictures, or better quality versions of those pictures, and you may want to add some if you want a snappier version. I'd keep the first one fairly simple so even us old folks will get it, but I can see a jazzed version with faster cuts and more images might be neat too. :D

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
I think his voice was good, but if you think you know somebody that's a better fit, that's cool too. I'll listen if you need a second opinion. My only thought is he needs to warm up a little compared to the Veterans video when he starts talking about the other candidates buying into RPs message.

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm gonna find the cut points to pull the agreements with Ron out of the videos. Way up there, I tossed in some low-res pictures that fit in some places. You may have better pictures or videos, more pictures, or better quality versions of those pictures, and you may want to add some if you want a snappier version. I'd keep the first one fairly simple so even us old folks will get it, but I can see a jazzed version with faster cuts and more images might be neat too. :D
okay we can do a simple one.

dont worry about low res images. once you show me what you want to use i can find a more high res version of it if needed.

do you want a simple straight clip to clip video without effects. but a more polished professional look? or you want it as simple as to look "raw" like it was a bunch of clips strung together without being polished?

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, did you find the pics in #12? There are a couple of possibles for the "stood alone" verses. It might be good to use that for the first verse, then move on to the pensive closeup or something similar for the "Alone in predicting..." verse. Maybe several pics. I'll leave the visual decisions up to you. The last shot is upbeat, I was thinking something like that under the tagline at the end. I'm not sure what goes under the "Ron Paul leads the pack verse... maybe happier pictures of him, or pics of him with lots of supporters?

I'll leave the effects to you, but I think if we want this to go viral, polished would be better than raw. We're competing with Romney and his billions, after all. :D I like the tone you set with the effects in the Veterans ad, and I'm sure you've got effects that will work with this message as well -- but if you think straight transitions would be better, I'll trust your judgement. I'm just a writer. :)

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Oh, and we'll need something powerful to go under the "In a time of false promises" verse. Something that shows his visionary/leadership side.

Are you planning to put music behind, or just the voiceover and clips audio?

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
i get my music from audiojungle.net so if you wanna browse through the music sections and do a search for the word pensive or similar im sure you'll hear something you like :)

i still have some credit there so we'll buy it

FreeTraveler
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Okay, I finished the CNBC debate, and the only quote I found in that one was Romney: "You do exactly what Ron Paul says" at 0:51:39-0:51:40. I thought there was at least one more in that debate, but I may have missed it. I'm moving on to Las Vegas.

If anybody reading remembers where particular candidates have said something like that, or "Ron Paul is right," "I agree with Congressman Paul" or similar, drop a post in here.

This is going to be the hardest part of putting this one together, but I know there are several occurances, some candidates more than once.

Also, at one of the more recent debates, several of the candidates moved to RP after the debate to shake his hand, when they've usually ignored him. It may have been the roundtable debate. If anybody remembers that one, give me a heads up too.

Handshakes, acknowledgements... anything short that shows he's not an outcast anymore will help build the case we're making, but those verbal agreements are the money shots.

Thanks, this is shaping up to be a powerful video. :)

AJ187
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Great Tagline!

Chainspell
11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Okay, I finished the CNBC debate, and the only quote I found in that one was Romney: "You do exactly what Ron Paul says" at 0:51:39-0:51:40. I thought there was at least one more in that debate, but I may have missed it. I'm moving on to Las Vegas.

If anybody reading remembers where particular candidates have said something like that, or "Ron Paul is right," "I agree with Congressman Paul" or similar, drop a post in here.

This is going to be the hardest part of putting this one together, but I know there are several occurances, some candidates more than once.

Also, at one of the more recent debates, several of the candidates moved to RP after the debate to shake his hand, when they've usually ignored him. It may have been the roundtable debate. If anybody remembers that one, give me a heads up too.

Handshakes, acknowledgements... anything short that shows he's not an outcast anymore will help build the case we're making, but those verbal agreements are the money shots.

Thanks, this is shaping up to be a powerful video. :)
yeah what ill do is make a basic structure of the video then we'll polish it up. so keep up the good work!

idiom
11-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Ron Paul. Right from the start.

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I know Vegas has a couple.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Here's another idea for a followup from another thread, courtesy of wgadget.

"May I also add that I have even heard the talking heads and pundits agreeing with Ron Paul. Maybe second in a series?"

There's a great clip from Joe Scarborough, and there are a bunch of others.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Here's another idea for a followup from another thread, courtesy of wgadget.

"May I also add that I have even heard the talking heads and pundits agreeing with Ron Paul. Maybe second in a series?"

There's a great clip from Joe Scarborough, and there are a bunch of others.
okay the VO will be ready tomorrow.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
okay the VO will be ready tomorrow.
Great news. I'm up and coffee'd and starting Las Vegas.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Great news. I'm up and coffee'd and starting Las Vegas.
freetraveler once you're done with the clips for this video, maybe you should start a thread for the planning of the 1st tea party MB video also. If we start early we can get more people fired up about it.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
CNBC debate Romney agreeing with Ron Paul on health care at 51:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VvLJ9ciqE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VvLJ9ciqE&feature=related

messana
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm pretty sure that was the tag line from Peter Schiff's '10 campaign.

Edit: Nope never mind. Sounds similar.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Someone posted the debate schedule on another thread here, it has all the videos of all the debates. Maybe we can split them up so people are not watching 30 hours of debates and it will be easier to spot an agreement statement. I am going to start at the beginning in May 5 debate. http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2012-debate-schedule/2011-2012-primary-debate-schedule/

LibertasPraesidium
11-11-2011, 11:12 AM
This is great, I cannot wait to see the finished version. If you all need anything ill be online for a while and can find videos and links and what not. (we could do a MSM agreeing with RP video for the second series, take the MSM and then the Liberty broadcasters and show the difference for consistency). Ive seen MSM people say they agree with something he says then turn around and say something completely different.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 11:52 AM
If you want to pitch in, Chainspell pointed out an easier way. Find a transcript of the debate on line, then do a search for PAUL and I also found CONGRESSMAN works nicely. You'll find all his answers, as well as other candidate's references to him. Then you can watch the debate and fast forward to the appropriate areas to find the bits and get the timestamps. It saves a ton of time.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
One bit I'm having trouble finding, and maybe someone with a better memory can help. At one of the debates, the Grinch went down the line, saying something nice about each of the other candidates. Anybody remember which debate that was?

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Okay I have the first 2 submissions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEDvb323G8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLHNa40PW1Q

I usually get about 5-8 different choices. So I'll wait till tomorrow night.

pauliticalfan
11-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Okay I have the first 2 submissions...

I usually get about 5-8 different choices. So I'll wait till tomorrow night.

I really like the second one...

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I hate that woman's voice. Go with the second one. I would suggest using an audio filter to make it just a TOUCH deeper, though.

EDIT - didn't see that you may get more submissions.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, so far I like the guy's voice better than the woman's. He may need to speed up a little bit to get the candidate quotes and RP's last statement into 60 seconds. I caught a pause or two in there that didn't seem right, either. Impact on America -- of too much I think that pause between America and of should go.

RDM
11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
One bit I'm having trouble finding, and maybe someone with a better memory can help. At one of the debates, the Grinch went down the line, saying something nice about each of the other candidates. Anybody remember which debate that was?

Wasn't that the Iowa debate?

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Wasn't that the Iowa debate?
I thought so but haven't found it yet. I'll go look again.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
June 13 CNN debate Gov Pawlenty agrees with Ron Paul on Crony-capitalism. Not an obvious agreement but he quotes what Ron Paul just mentioned and says his name. That is the only one found from that debate. Time start at 8:50.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2011/06/13/gop.nh.debate.part.2.cnn

Still digging for more.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks! So far we've got Perry, Romney, Cain, Pawlenty, and Santorum.

Still looking for Bachmann, Gingrich, and Huntsman

And I can't find Gingrich's pat on all the candidate's backs anywhere. I'm sure I didn't dream it...

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
June 13 CNN debate Gov Pawlenty agrees with Ron Paul on Crony-capitalism. Not an obvious agreement but he quotes what Ron Paul just mentioned. that is the only one found from that debate. Time start at 8:50.

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2011/06/13/gop.nh.debate.part.2.cnn

Still digging for more.
wow thanks for the contribution seapilot! +reps!!!

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't remember Bachmann ever giving Paul a nod.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Also, these don't have to be debate statements. I'm betting there's video out there somewhere of Bachmann saying something nice about Dr. Paul. Maybe even Gingrich. Huntsman, well, maybe not. :D

McDermit
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't remember Bachmann ever giving Paul a nod.She introduced him at an event a while back, where she hailed him as champion of the constitution, etc.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Nothing much in the August 11 Fox Iowa Debate. Santorum slamming RP all the time.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
She introduced him at an event a while back, where she hailed him as champion of the constitution, etc.
That would be great if we can find it. Probably something short in there we could use.

seapilot
11-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Michelle Bachmann introduces RP in 2009

Starts at 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJyYiH7g38s&feature=fvsr

seapilot
11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Not quite an agreement but Newt mentions RP has been working to audit the Fed for 30 years! Newt has a new position of auditing the Fed. Still digging for gems on newt agreeing with RP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9QRpzUPbQit starts at 1:30

Newt thinks RP makes a good point about oversea bases. Starts at :19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyxmQQqmQM

pauliticalfan
11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I remember that at a town hall event in South Carolina several months ago, Michele Bachmann said something like "and I agree with Ron Paul's bill to audit to Fed!" to raucous applause.

It would be a bitch to try and find the video though, although I know it's out there somewhere.

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 02:33 PM
We're looking at a possible script change to shorten the voice-over and tie the theme together better with a different lead into Ron Paul's quote. We could use the shorter one for the 60-second version, the longer one for a more detailed version. See the part in a quote box below.

================================================== =======================
(Visual: Ron Paul standing alone post-debate 2007, while other candidates glad-hand each other; pensive music under)

(Fade to 2007 picture of him sitting alone in room with pensive look and debate shoes on during next sentence. For a snappier version, intermix some pics of sneers and jeers from other candidates before landing on that shot.)

VO: Alone in predicting the impact on America of too much government, too much war, too much spending.

(Visual: 2011; candidates lined up to shake Ron Paul's hand, post debate, music trends upbeat)

VO: Today, Ron Paul leads the pack, as candidate after candidate recognizes reality -- four years too late.

VO: "In a time of false promises and politicians without principles. One man... will lead the nation... and restore America."
OR
VO: "Ron Paul: One message for 30 years."

fade to:

Fade to Ron Paul Logo/RP big smile pic; vo text above? applause from above clip fades under VO.

What's everybody think? Other suggestions welcome, but remember short but sweet is critical.

The rest of the script is locked in.

pauliticalfan
11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Holy shit I found the Bachmann video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mGdqsXo7M

@47:10

"I am on Ron Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve." *huge applause*

Can I get some rep love? :D

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Not quite an agreement but Newt mentions RP has been working to audit the Fed for 30 years! Newt has a new position of auditing the Fed. Still digging for gems on newt agreeing with RP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9QRpzUPbQit starts at 1:30

Newt thinks RP makes a good point about oversea bases. Starts at :19

Starting at 1:34 in the top one "Ron Paul is very happy tonight." That may be the money shot Chainspell was looking for. He wanted a bit that shows RP is guiding the discussion in some area that was poo-pooed 4 years ago. Thanks!

ETA: The second one is also great, and a little shorter. Chainspell can pick either one and I'll be happy.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 02:45 PM

wow very awesome!! thanks for finding it!! +repps!

seapilot
11-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Sarah Palin agrees with RP at :43 and 1:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcgnnunHgVg

seapilot
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65mGdqsXo7M

I found that vid as well but could not take the pain of listening to her for an hour to find it. You get ++.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
have 2 more submissions here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw0gt3jvCjs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iffo1pBXHEc

this is the other 2:

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I like the DAVE one, the lower one, in the new set. He's got the best voice so far, IMO.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I like the DAVE one, the lower one, in the new set. He's got the best voice so far, IMO.
yeah i think we're gonna go with him!! but ill let it be until tomorrow night, maybe we get a better submission.

i think i agree with changing the line "in a time of..." i dont think it ties in with the previous clips of candidates agreeing with him. so yeah if you can come up with a few options for us to choose from that would be great!!

add these ones too:
- "ron paul: a lifetime of principle"
- "ron paul: the only one we can trust"
- "ron paul: has the conviction of his principles"
- "ron paul: giving the same message for 30 years"

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I like these two, but the second is still my favorite given where it falls in the video:

Ron Paul: a lifetime of principle(s)
Ron Paul: one message for thirty years

the trust one doesn't fit quite as well, and I think the other two versions of 'principle' and 'message just eat up some precious time.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion as well.

Ron Paul: principles for a lifetime; principles for a nation

That last one just came to me. It's too long for what we're after, but a nice tagline for a video showing his historic principled statements.

Chainspell
11-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I like these two, but the second is still my favorite given where it falls in the video:

Ron Paul: a lifetime of principle(s)
Ron Paul: one message for thirty years

the trust one doesn't fit quite as well, and I think the other two versions of 'principle' and 'message just eat up some precious time.

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion as well.

Ron Paul: principles for a lifetime; principles for a nation

That last one just came to me. It's too long for what we're after, but a nice tagline for a video showing his historic principled statements.
i wouldn't worry about time. we just get the message and we'll edit it later. :P

FreeTraveler
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Bump for the night crew.

ShaneEnochs
11-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I think I like the Dave one the best. I still think you should artificially lower his voice pitch just a smidgen.

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iffo1pBXHEc

Try playing that voice and this audio clip at the same time. Hit the video play about two beats after you hear "audiojungle" at the start of the audio. The last note sounds just before "Right for America."

There'd be a bit of cut and paste to do to work around the video clips, of course, but it seemed to fit pretty well, even segment by segment. The more I listen, the spookier it seems to fit. :D The sweep fits nicely under the long version of the pre RP bit that you wrote, too.

http://audiojungle.net/item/inheritance/156980

It's nothing like I first envisioned, so feel free to say I'm crazy. And it's more about the theme than the particular piece, so I bet you've got something already in your library that will work.

AJ187
11-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Try playing that voice and this audio clip at the same time. Hit the video play about two beats after you hear "audiojungle" at the start of the audio. The last note sounds just before "Right for America."

There'd be a bit of cut and paste to do to work around the video clips, of course, but it seemed to fit pretty well, even segment by segment. The more I listen, the spookier it seems to fit. :D The sweep fits nicely under the long version of the pre RP bit that you wrote, too.

It's nothing like I first envisioned, so feel free to say I'm crazy. And it's more about the theme than the particular piece, so I bet you've got something already in your library that will work.

I like it, and would love to see the video overlay.

seapilot
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Are you still wanting more clips or have enough material to work with?

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Find away. If we get too many for this video, I think Chainspell's going to do a longer version too. I seem to remember from one of the debates all the candidates clustered around Dr. Paul as the debate ends, but I haven't found it. I think it may have been clipped off whatever debate it was. Anybody remember that one?

Also, there are a few pics on page one that kind of get the idea, but I don't know what Chainspell has up his sleeve. I'd say if anybody finds video or pics that seem to fit part of the text, drop them in the thread. The more possibles he has to work with, the less time he has to spend digging around.

And I don't know if he's got the "We've allowed ourselves..." video yet either. I haven't looked for it lately.

ShaneEnochs
11-12-2011, 12:07 PM

I'm not sure I agree with your background music. To me, at least, it seems very weird.

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure I agree with your background music. To me, at least, it seems very weird.
Yeah, I agree. :D Like I said, it wasn't what I expected either, and I bet Chainspell has a better idea. The more I listened, the more I liked it, and that's probably a really bad sign when you're trying to make something that can go viral. :p It should hit the right spot the first time out.

You have to remember to mix it down, too. Most people have the background music set way, way too loud in their videos. It's there to work almost subliminally, not make the voice hard to hear. If you notice the music enough to break your focus on the other audio, it's too loud.

See Chainspell's Veterans ad at the top of the page for an excellent example of blending the music. It's almost invisible at times, at others smacks you upside the head.

Maybe we'll get some more comments and suggestions.

idiom
11-12-2011, 02:40 PM
How does any other campaign compete with you guys? Ya'll are amazing.

seapilot
11-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Pat Buchanan: "Ron Paul is right on top of this" @ :50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDVpWmmSHVE

Another Ron paul won the debate 07 Pat Buchanan@ 1:57 Tucker Carlson@2:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vawd1PlTuAs

Chainspell
11-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I have another submission. We will make a decision tonight on what voice and what to change that one line with. I can get started tonight on splicing up and making the basic structure of the video.

So if you would like to have your input I will be in the chatroom all night until 9 or 10pm PST working on putting it together. I expect the video to be done on Tuesday but no later than Friday 11/18/2011.

Thanks to everyone who's helping me and freetraveler with this project!! and if you want to be contacted as part of RPF's Video Production Team just tell me if you'd like your name added to our list. Melissa I think wants to be added on the voice over list too, don't know if she was kidding or not.

Video Production Team List: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329428-Ron-Paul-s-Video-Production-Team!!!

here's the new entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScyY5OxwI54

pauliticalfan
11-12-2011, 05:44 PM
^TBH I think that voice over is a little monotonous and boring.

ShaneEnochs
11-12-2011, 05:45 PM
^TBH I think that voice over is a little monotonous and boring.

This

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, I'm with pauliticalfan and Shane on that one. I still like Dave better.

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 08:28 PM
It's coming together. Posting this here for people interested in the process we're going through.

With the Gingrich 11-second Federal Reserve and 2-second agreements from Romney, Perry and Cain, we've got 17 seconds in that section. Here's the order I'd recommend, along with timing and links.

I particularly like the Gingrich Fed quote. It starts off "Ron Paul is very happy tonight" and praises his 30 years of dedication to the cause.

The order for the Romney, Perry and Cain cuts is optional. I'd look at the cuts and see how they play together, and make the decision based on that. Second criteria would be to get Romney up front since he'll last longer than the other two. :D

I like the first Romney "You do exactly..." better than the second one.

Like I said in the script below, I'd drop Santorum. His quote is long, he's not a major player, and it breaks the flow. YMMV.

================================================== =======================

(Visual: 2011; candidates lined up to shake Ron Paul's hand, post debate, music trends upbeat - never did find this video. Need something else to go under the following VO.)

Candidate praise section. Money shot with Newt, followed by other agreements.

Two options on the Money Shot: I prefer the Federal Reserve one myself.

Newt praising RP for tackling the Federal Reserve 1:34 - 1:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9QRpzUPbQ

Newt praising RP for overseas base cutback proposal 0:17 - 0:27

CNBC Republican Presidential Debate at Oakland University from MOXNEWS at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONIQyHRha8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YONIQyHRha8)

I guess the best quality would be direct from CNBC, but the timing should be the same.

Romney: "You do exactly what Ron Paul says" 0:51:39-0:51:40 (Pick this Romney or the one from the next listing -- either one works)

CNN Western Republican Debate Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNinL...ded&playnext=2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNinLD_WhUQ&feature=autoplay&list=PL7B7C5C5AE852CD1E&lf=player_embedded&playnext=2)

Romney: "Congressman Paul is right on that" 00:01 - 00:03

Perry: "Congressman Paul, you're correct" 01:22 - 01:24

Reagan Library Debate

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2011/09/video-watch-the-full-reagan-library-republican-debate/ (http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2011/09/video-watch-the-full-reagan-library-republican-debate/)

Cain: "I would agree with Representative Paul" 58:58 - 59:01 (and the rest of the statement for longer version)

(Optional, I'd say drop this next one, it's long and Santorum's not that important, plus it stops the flow)

New Hampshire CNN Debate

http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2011/06/video-full-cnn-republican-debate-from-new-hampshire-june-13th/ (http://www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com/2011/06/video-full-cnn-republican-debate-from-new-hampshire-june-13th/)

Part 3:

Santorum: And the commanders should have a system of discipline in place, as Ron Paul said, that punishes -- that punishes bad behavior. 12:20 - 12:28

VO: "Ron Paul: One message for 30 years."
fade to:

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
We're looking for pictures or short videos of Ron being ignored, jeered or sneered at now. Any donations gratefully accepted, the sooner the better. We're close to a wrap-up here, and it will be a perfect viral video to respond to tonight's abusive treatment.

Chainspell
11-12-2011, 10:38 PM
here's the script pdf file:

http://www.linkshells.org/downloads/script.pdf

and this is what we've chosen for VO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iffo1pBXHEc

seapilot
11-12-2011, 11:23 PM
We're looking for pictures or short videos of Ron being ignored, jeered or sneered at now. Any donations gratefully accepted, the sooner the better. We're close to a wrap-up here, and it will be a perfect viral video to respond to tonight's abusive treatment.

I can think of Santorum this year and GOolieeany from 07 after saying that war is bad. I will try to dig up those clips.

Guliani and Ron Paul 07 @ 3:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0

Santorum and RP @ 1:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi12aVa3psc

FreeTraveler
11-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh, the Ghoul's attack in 2007 is classic. "I've never heard such a thing" or something to that effect. There's a split screen of Santorum and Paul that's priceless too, and just the facial expressions in that one could be used under voiceover.

Thanks for the reminders.

nayjevin
11-12-2011, 11:31 PM

I'd suggest making a new thread with a summary. I just now realized what's happening in this one, looks like good work all. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

seapilot
11-12-2011, 11:44 PM
CNN debate, Wolf asks everyone about the Federal Reserve but not Ron Paul who has been saying these things for years. The others mostly Perry parrot RP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGuI4cuLkI0

RP booed at CNN Teaparty debate @3:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9RaV44a0EE&feature=related

Ron Paul Laughed at in debate @ :07 then schools the GOP on what a conservative is. One of his best debate performances ever IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U99QimXcZ4

Chainspell
11-13-2011, 12:10 AM
note: you have to use your imagination to see the final look, this is very basic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8jXb20r8U

k these ones I don't have or haven't looked for:

5) Image: 2011; candidates lined up to shake Ron Paul's hand, post-debate,

10) Image: Ron Paul Logo/RP big smile pic; vo text above?

9) Video: Clip from 2007 - "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with."

reference script:

maybe i'll use the transitions on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHWeTqiPGYs
or i can just not have any overlays or fancy transitions. just crossfades. i dont know if it detracts from the message to have fancy transitions. also it makes it interesting too for people who aren't interested in politics.

seapilot
11-13-2011, 12:43 AM
Santorum, ROmney Shake hand pat on back end of debate @ 13:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGTXfrPxzF8&feature=related

Chainspell
11-13-2011, 12:44 AM
i think thats good enough seapilot we got more than enough clips :) thanks! ill be uploading the draft video soon!

FreeTraveler
11-13-2011, 05:44 PM
note: you have to use your imagination to see the final look, this is very basic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8jXb20r8U

k these ones I don't have or haven't looked for:

5) Image: 2011; candidates lined up to shake Ron Paul's hand, post-debate,

10) Image: Ron Paul Logo/RP big smile pic; vo text above?

9) Video: Clip from 2007 - "We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with."

reference script:

maybe i'll use the transitions on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHWeTqiPGYs
or i can just not have any overlays or fancy transitions. just crossfades. i dont know if it detracts from the message to have fancy transitions. also it makes it interesting too for people who aren't interested in politics.
Seapilot found a good example for #5. If that's not long enough, we have pictures and videos of the candidates shaking RPs hand at the end of debates.

10) Pick any good, optimistic picture of RP, probably offset on the right. Put his logo across the bottom. Then as Right Then, Right Now, Right for America get VO, toss the text up there, one line at a time, top to bottom. Maybe slide it in from the opposite side from his face. Or they could fade in. Or blossom like little flowers. :D Whatever. :) The final result is an image of RP with his logo at the bottom and the tagline text left-aligned on the left side of the screen, one statement above the other.

FreeTraveler
11-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Possible end-shots of RP.
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/47532/2366794980100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/49169/2301941970100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/29838/2654215560100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/48413/2800251420100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Chainspell
11-14-2011, 10:17 PM
k update!

here's what we have now, been working with freetraveler, every night we spend a few hours with it. so +rep him if you see him! he deserves it :)

still have a lot of edits to do so save some of the obvious critics to a minimum. (particularly on the last half)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHH4sH9DELw

thanks everybody!

FreeTraveler
11-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey, just a quick note, don't pass that link around all over the place. We'll have a finished version in a day or two and we want to push it viral then.

Hope you enjoy!

Lord Xar
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
When Cain says "I agree with Paul, NO!" -- I'd cut that No. Sounds like he is asking a rhetorical question.

Also, is this gonna be a "tv commercial"? Needs to be a minute, yes?

I also think there is too much Newt in the beginning, I'd use the most juiciest bits and transition between them fade out/in.. so you get the succulent parts.

FreeTraveler
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Nope, not an official commercial. It's going to trim out to about 1:08-1:10. We wanted something short enough that everybody would watch it, not just the already annointed, and to make the points of his consistency and the others jumping on his bandwagon. We're hoping the final will be worthy of going viral.

Thanks for the suggestion on Cain. That's a good one.

And the Grinch is almost all good parts. It's a hard 12 seconds to trim, but Chainspell was talking about it.

affa
11-14-2011, 10:34 PM
it's awesome.

right then. right now. right for america. == solid gold.

seriously. it's amazing.

FreeTraveler
11-14-2011, 10:36 PM
it's awesome.
Thanks. :) Wait till Chainspell finishes working his magic. Like he said, there's still polishing to do.

pauliticalfan
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't really like how Rick Perry gets cut off. "Ron Paul is absolutely correct when it comes to--" Either include the full thing, or cut it off at "correct."

Tod
11-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Request: I hope there is a way to have two versions, one regular and one with subtitles for those who can't hear?

Thanks! Really looking great!

ShaneEnochs
11-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't really like how Rick Perry gets cut off. "Ron Paul is absolutely correct when it comes to--" Either include the full thing, or cut it off at "correct."

This. The cut is very odd, and it causes the flow to stop quite immediately.

FreeTraveler
11-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Bump for the morning crew. Don't spread this too far, there's still polish to be done before final release.

Enjoy!

k update!

here's what we have now, been working with freetraveler, every night we spend a few hours with it. so +rep him if you see him! he deserves it :)

still have a lot of edits to do so save some of the obvious critics to a minimum. (particularly on the last half)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHH4sH9DELw

thanks everybody!

Hospitaller
11-15-2011, 07:33 AM
+REP to OP.

pauliticalfan
11-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Any updates?

affa
11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
bump for update?

KramerDSP
11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Someone on YouTube got angry with me because of the last picture (I have a captioned version up of the same video). The guy basically said the entire thing was perfect except the "D+ Picture of Ron Paul at the very end" that ruined the whole thing. Just passing it along.

Chainspell
11-17-2011, 09:07 PM
bump for update?
hehe its already out :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwwgCW5jF4

FreeTraveler
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
hehe its already out :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwwgCW5jF4
And planning's already underway for our next joint project, this one on foreign policy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?331014-Foreign-Policy-Video-Planning-Thread-Chainspell-amp-FreeTraveler