PDA

View Full Version : From the Ground In Iowa

matthewschneider
11-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi All-

I am a County Director working the ground in Iowa. I want to stress the importance of the official campaign's Phone from Home campaign.

This helps us a TON on the ground in these early state.

If you are not involved with this, please consider doing this...it is VERY important to helping us win.

If you are involved, thanks. In many ways the work that you are doing is the real front line work.

Matthew Schneider

LibertyEagle
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks for stopping by, Matthew.

bluesc
11-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the post :) Hopefully more people get involved.

Maximus
11-10-2011, 12:25 AM
This should be pmed to every account of the forums

thehighwaymanq
11-10-2011, 12:31 AM
BUMP.

groverblue
11-10-2011, 12:31 AM
http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1

matthewschneider
11-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Thanks for that Groverblue...I was looking for that link

groverblue
11-10-2011, 12:35 AM
DISREGARD: For those concerned about revealing your number, just create a Google Voice account.

From the Campaign page: Google Voice users please note: We have experienced problems where voters can't hear questions and the system can't detect call events while using Google Voice. As a result, Google Voice is not supported at this time.

KCIndy
11-10-2011, 12:39 AM
For those concerned about revealing your number, just create a Google Voice account.

Actually, the volunteer's personal phone number isn't revealed to anyone at all. The volunteer calls directly into the Campaign HQ's computer and stays linked to it. The computer generates all the calls.

It's incredibly easy and simple. For anyone who is hesitating about trying this, I *BEG* you to try one call. Just one. Try it and see how easy it is. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Pretty please?? ;)

Xelaetaks
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Actually, the volunteer's personal phone number isn't revealed to anyone at all. The volunteer calls directly into the Campaign HQ's computer and stays linked to it. The computer generates all the calls.

It's incredibly easy and simple. For anyone who is hesitating about trying this, I *BEG* you to try one call. Just one. Try it and see how easy it is. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Pretty please?? ;)

Can you explain how it works? Do we just ask the caller a few questions, survey their answers and say a few things about Ron Paul basically?

Fermli
11-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Can you explain how it works? Do we just ask the caller a few questions, survey their answers and say a few things about Ron Paul basically?
+1

i'm looking to hear more specifics as well.

johnwestover
11-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Good stuff. I'm making 200 calls a day

bluesc
11-10-2011, 12:56 AM

Welcome! Keep it up dude, you are helping Ron win Iowa :)

gerryb
11-10-2011, 12:57 AM
yep. Basically you call in the phone from home system, it connects you and shows you the questions to ask. You record the results. There's no sales pitch or anything else(The sales pitch comes from the ground game). Data collection only..

matthewschneider
11-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Don't want to give away strategy here, as other campaigns are on here snooping, but what Phone From Home does is clear the weeds for those on the ground. This is a crticial critical piece of a winning campaign. If you can donate an hour or a few please do.

KCIndy
11-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Regarding the request for more details, here's a rundown as best as I can describe it:

1. Go to the web page http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1 and register (quick and simple, only takes a minute)

2. During the registration, you'll tell the campaign what phone number you'll be using to call FROM.

3. After registering (or signing in to your account later) you go directly to the "Call From Home" start page, where you'll see the phone number for the Campaign HQ computer system.

4. From YOUR phone, call the Campaign's direct number to their 'call-in computer' (or whatever you care to call it) and then an automated voice welcomes you to the system and tells you to click on the start button (on your computer monitor) when you're ready to make your first call.

5. Click on the start button, and the computer screen will tell you who you're being connected to: "You're being connected to Jane Doe, in Rockport, Iowa".......

6. On your computer screen, you'll be given a brief script of what to say when someone answers: "Is Jane Doe available, please?" If "Jane" is available and willing to talk, the script has you ask her a couple of quick questions and you click buttons on the computer screen in response to the answers given. You thank the participant, end the call and the campaign computer will ask you if you're ready to make the next call or take a break.

7. If an answering machine picks up, you click a button on screen marked "answering machine" and an automated message is left for the person.

8. If no one answers, the call disconnects and you go back to the campaign computer.

9. If the person being called asks to be removed from the call list and not be disturbed again, there's a button for that too.

That's it! Simple. And you can do as few - or as many - calls as you want. Frankly, in my experience about 90 percent of the calls will be answering machines or no answer at all. But even these results are important in the process!

There's also an FAQ page: http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php

Please, please please check this out, folks! If it weren't vital, Ron Paul wouldn't have made that video saying this was the most important thing we could do for the campaign other than cash donations.

Sentinelrv
11-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Maybe we should start an advertising campaign to get more supporters doing this. I think this could be our key to victory besides raising money for ads. The ads help get voters interested in the candidate, but an actual communication from a supporter that could answer their questions and put Paul in a good light is what could make all the difference in pushing them over the edge to vote. If we were able to get this out to more people somehow, we might really start to see a bump in the polls in Iowa. Anyone have any ideas?

thehighwaymanq
11-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Great thread. Just one question - where did the Robopolling guy go?

Verrater
11-10-2011, 02:55 AM
This needs a bump.

ross11988
11-10-2011, 05:56 AM
How are we suppose to help out Iowa when the phone from home program is only calling NH phones?

dante
11-10-2011, 06:20 AM
How are we suppose to help out Iowa when the phone from home program is only calling NH phones?

It doesn't. People on here have mentioned it calls IA as well. Let the campaign decide where to call when. They will rotate it through all the early states. Just make the calls they want.

ross11988
11-10-2011, 06:26 AM
It doesn't. People on here have mentioned it calls IA as well. Let the campaign decide where to call when. They will rotate it through all the early states. Just make the calls they want.

Ok because every time I do it I get calls to NH.

Eric21ND
11-10-2011, 06:33 AM
We should start a facebook page dedicated to this and invite everyone we know.

At the very least we should post this on the Ron Paul 2012 fan page with 250,000 likes.

speciallyblend
11-10-2011, 06:37 AM
hopefully i will be in a mind set to make calls. I do not do very well with folks that cannot understand common sense!! Very hard to make calls when i am "ANGRY" as HELL!!!!

dante
11-10-2011, 06:40 AM
hopefully i will be in a mind set to make calls. I do not do very well with folks that cannot understand common sense!! Very hard to make calls when i am "ANGRY" as HELL!!!!

Just be calm. Think of the calls as Dr. Paul's secret weapon. You aren't using these calls to convince people about Dr. Paul - just to help him identify the supporters he already has. That way he knows who they are, and can make sure to get them to the caucus! Or to the polls! Its all part of traditional get out the vote efforts. Normally campaigns have to pay places to make these calls for them. This is one of the ways how Dr. Paul is able to harness the power of his grassroots and stretch every dollar of donations as far as possible.

speciallyblend
11-10-2011, 06:41 AM

way to go:)

da32130
11-10-2011, 07:20 AM
More details on how phoning helps Ron Paul win:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328197-How-Ron-Paul-Wins

What even 1 hour calling can do:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328921-Just-One-Hour-For-Ron-Paul-To-Win-Iowa-New-Hampshire-and-then-the-nomination

Todd
11-10-2011, 07:25 AM
If I'm missing this I apologize...but can we get a phone from home thread stickied on the Grassroots central? Maybe a banner link for more to get involved?

IDefendThePlatform
11-10-2011, 07:35 AM
If I'm missing this I apologize...but can we get a phone from home thread stickied on the Grassroots central? Maybe a banner link for more to get involved?

Great idea. +1

TexMac
11-10-2011, 07:40 AM

At the very least we should post this on the Ron Paul 2012 fan page with 250,000 likes.https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142982492467864

ShaneEnochs
11-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I just want to ask one question: Is there a filter for the crazy people from other campaigns? What's stopping them from signing up and using the program to say nasty things to people under the guise of a Ron Paul supporter?

11-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi All-

I am a County Director working the ground in Iowa. I want to stress the importance of the official campaign's Phone from Home campaign.

This helps us a TON on the ground in these early state.

If you are not involved with this, please consider doing this...it is VERY important to helping us win.

If you are involved, thanks. In many ways the work that you are doing is the real front line work.

Matthew Schneider

Thank you Matthew for what you are doing for liberty in Iowa. Phone from home is a great program, well set up and effective. Thanks for coming on to remind us of its importance. I have made several hundred calls so far and look forward to thousands more in the coming weeks.

simon1911
11-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Can someone post the exact script to say? I have problems speaking to random people. Thanks!

mczerone
11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
I just want to ask one question: Is there a filter for the crazy people from other campaigns? What's stopping them from signing up and using the program to say nasty things to people under the guise of a Ron Paul supporter?

I could think of internal ways that the campaign could handle this if they control the calling destination. Hopefully there is some quality assurance going on.

mczerone
11-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Can someone post the exact script to say? I have problems speaking to random people. Thanks!

Please don't post it. Confidentiality.

If you want to know what is says, sign up and call. A nervous, bad call is better than no call at all.

11-10-2011, 08:03 AM
I could think of internal ways that the campaign could handle this if they control the calling destination. Hopefully there is some quality assurance going on.

If you mean Phone From Home, I believe the campaign monitors the quality of a sample of your calls. Or at least, that is what you are led to believe when you sign up.

Kludge
11-10-2011, 08:08 AM
DISREGARD: For those concerned about revealing your number, just create a Google Voice account.

From the Campaign page: Google Voice users please note: We have experienced problems where voters can't hear questions and the system can't detect call events while using Google Voice. As a result, Google Voice is not supported at this time.

Does "not supported" mean unable to be used with? All I have is a Google Voice account and a very low-quality cell phone.

trey4sports
11-10-2011, 08:10 AM

At the very least we should post this on the Ron Paul 2012 fan page with 250,000 likes.

both terrific ideas!

the campaign has a disclaimer (forget where) that states they will listen in to calls periodically to assure quality. Secondly, i believe you still have to get a unique code in order to get your account validated. That means you will need to talk to the volunteer coordinator who will make sure you're a good fit for the program.

trey4sports
11-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Does "not supported" mean unable to be used with? All I have is a Google Voice account and a very low-quality cell phone.

I haven't called in a while but i used to use Google Voice and it worked just fine.

groverblue
11-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I found this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121445321298208/

roversaurus
11-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Bump, this is a must.

This is a Revolution, right? Get off your pansy *(&^( and do something. It's not like you've got to row across the Delaware in the ice.

groverblue
11-10-2011, 08:53 AM
I found this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121445321298208/

I've been trying to spread the message to Ron Paul groups on Facebook, etc. Here is what I've been posting (in case you want to do the same):

I wanted to share this information to Ron Paul supporters. Please consider donating your time with the "Phone from Home" initiative. You can find out more at http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1 Check out the thread for more details: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?329123-From-the-Ground-In-Iowa Also, here is the registration bomb group page scheduled for TODAY: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142982492467864 Can you help spread this information to any Ron Paul groups you belong to?

raystone
11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Just finished some calls. Super easy and the system is working great.

TexMac
11-10-2011, 11:05 AM
These guys are super active and can help you if you need it:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/260934590624254/262021413848905/?notif_t=group_activity

r (https://www.facebook.com/groups/260934590624254/262021413848905/?notif_t=group_activity)onpaulhawaii is one of them.

harikaried
11-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Just a reminder that Phone-From-Home is a simple poll. No convincing involved.

da32130
11-10-2011, 12:29 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328921-Just-One-Hour-For-Ron-Paul-To-Win-Iowa-New-Hampshire-and-then-the-nomination

Ireland4Liberty
11-10-2011, 12:37 PM
BUMP !! Mighty ideas that need to be implemented here. Dont miss this chance MODS.

RonPaul101.com
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Is Phone From Home only calling New Hampshire still? (it was when I last used it)

If it is, what other call lists/systems are there that call Iowa and are they 'identify voter polls' calling also...? I'm not anti-Phone From Home, quite the opposite, but I don't see how Phone From Home to New Hampshire helps the ground game in Iowa. Iowa is more important by far; in fact it couldn't be any more important, IMHO.

da32130
11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Is Phone From Home only calling New Hampshire still? (it was when I last used it)

If it is, what other call lists/systems are there that call Iowa and are they 'identify voter polls' calling also...? I'm not anti-Phone From Home, quite the opposite, but I don't see how Phone From Home to New Hampshire helps the ground game in Iowa. Iowa is more important by far; in fact it couldn't be any more important, IMHO.

This is grassroots Iowa calling:
http://rp2012.org

The official campaign is calling all states and maybe more focused on Iowa. The grassroots phone from home program is more focused on NH, maybe because we need twice the calls to New Hampshire to win than we do to Iowa and we did a lot for Iowa leading up to the straw poll. If we win both Iowa and NH we essentially win the nominaton.

harikaried
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Phone-from-home volunteers calling New Hampshire frees up resources for the in-person phone banking teams to call Iowa.

da32130
11-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Phone-from-home volunteers calling New Hampshire frees up resources for the in-person phone banking teams to call Iowa.

bump

Lord Xar
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
What is the benefit of doing a Poll? Is this to see what the Iowans want in a candidate, what their concerns are?
Curious.

RonPaul101.com
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
What is the benefit of doing a Poll? Is this to see what the Iowans want in a candidate, what their concerns are?
Curious.

The caller/volunteer calls asking the voter if they would take a quick survey on presidential voting preference, if they agree they take the poll, if in the poll they identify they support Ron Paul the campaign in Iowa uses that info to bring out the vote. The poll results are entered into an online database, very easy.

da32130
11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Curious.

1) we know who is a Ron Paul supporter -1.5% of Iowa's population can win the Caucus, turnout is usually very low, so we can increase turnout for Ron Paul
2) we know what people care about - so we can turn them into Ron Paul supporters.

harikaried
11-10-2011, 02:44 PM
What is the benefit of doing a Poll? Is this to see what the Iowans want in a candidate, what their concerns are? It identifies existing Ron Paul supporters. For undecided voters, it lets the campaign know what material to bring and focus on when they do door-to-door canvassing.

da32130
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM

Steve-in-NY
11-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Good pickup rates tonight!!!

TwoJ
11-10-2011, 05:34 PM

+rep !

R3volutionJedi
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe we should start an advertising campaign to get more supporters doing this. I think this could be our key to victory besides raising money for ads. The ads help get voters interested in the candidate, but an actual communication from a supporter that could answer their questions and put Paul in a good light is what could make all the difference in pushing them over the edge to vote. If we were able to get this out to more people somehow, we might really start to see a bump in the polls in Iowa. Anyone have any ideas?

Phone from home day?

TexMac
11-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Good pickup rates tonight!!!Are you getting lots of disconnected #s?

KCIndy
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Seems that way for me too!

I decided to take a five minute break from calling to get on here and say, "CALL!! CALL!!!" :D

To the phones, everyone!

Xelaetaks
11-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Anyone know if the program will work well on the iPad?? Thanks.

KCIndy
11-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Anyone know if the program will work well on the iPad?? Thanks.

I haven't tried using an iPad, but it pulls up web pages same as a laptop would, right? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Give it a shot and tell us what happens! :D

Xelaetaks
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I haven't tried using an iPad, but it pulls up web pages same as a laptop would, right? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Give it a shot and tell us what happens! :D

Ok cool. Will do! :) 🇺🇸

KCIndy
11-10-2011, 11:17 PM
n/m

parocks
11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Great thread. Just one question - where did the Robopolling guy go?

rp08orbust ? He's around. But he wasn't robocalling for the campaign directly.

I will say that rp08orbust should have as much money as he needs to do whatever calling is needed.

But that's totally separate from what phone from home is.

Phone from home is just voter id calls from what I gather. A basic, simple, important part of most campaigns. Takes a lot of people to do this. This is what campaign volunteers traditionally do. More hours spent IDing voters by phone than anything else.

parocks
11-10-2011, 11:48 PM
1) we know who is a Ron Paul supporter -1.5% of Iowa's population can win the Caucus, turnout is usually very low, so we can increase turnout for Ron Paul
2) we know what people care about - so we can turn them into Ron Paul supporters.

Yes. This process 1) Identifies Ron Paul Supporters, so that 2) on election day, we can pull them to the polls.

This is the way it works and has always worked.

Voter ID

Get
Out
The
Vote