PDA

View Full Version : Romney Sharp as a Blade as Opposed to 2008

AuH20
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
From a purely political perspective, regardless of the philosophy you hold, is anyone else really impressed with Romney? I can't remember him possessing this quick counter-attacking style when pressed up against the wall with tough questioning. He altogether dissolves any tough questions and at the very least parries the ambush questions. The answer to Cain's sexual misconduct question was phenomenal and gentlemanly. In terms of polish and demeanor, I am extremely impressed by his political skills, while I could never vote for him.

paulpwns
11-09-2011, 11:18 PM
He is a well polished political machine and the front runner to be the next president of the U.S.

What worries me more than anything is that tons of his current advisers are Bush admin officials.

AuH20
11-09-2011, 11:21 PM
He is a well polished political machine and the front runner to be the next president of the U.S.

What worries me more than anything is that tons of his current advisers are Bush admin officials.

That and the fact that the banks are going all in on him. But he's a formidable opponent.

BattleFlag1776
11-09-2011, 11:24 PM
The guy is good, though I prefer "slick" to "sharp."

Liberty_Mike
11-09-2011, 11:32 PM
As much as I hate Romney, he was sure on his talking points tonight. He was very sharp with his responses. In fact, I was very impresses with his response to the question Jim Cramer asked him about whether or not corporations had a social responsibility to provide jobs, or if the only duty of a corporation was to make profits. Romney is for sure a political robot.

jclay2
11-09-2011, 11:37 PM
He might be sharp right now, but bigger front runners than himself have lost the nomination before. If Romney is out, ron would be the front runner. If we can throw all of our eggs into the early primaries and get a big surprise victory, that could be the inertia needed to Launch ron into the front spot.

BamaAla
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
No doubt, he's good. If Ron Paul talked and looked like Romney, we'd be running for re-election this go 'round.

AuH20
11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
No doubt, he's good. If Ron Paul talked and looked like Romney, we'd be running for re-election this go 'round.

Michael Savage said the same thing today. He said Ron Paul is right on alot of things, but he doesn't have the looks or polish that Americans have been programmed to respond to.

BamaAla
11-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Michael Savage said the same thing today. He said Ron Paul is right on alot of things, but he doesn't have the looks or polish that Americans have been programmed to respond to.

It's really unfortunate, but a significant number of people value style over substance.

anaconda
11-10-2011, 01:17 AM
It's really unfortunate, but a significant number of people value style over substance.

As the economy continues to tank, we will see an increasing departure from this, with people getting panicky for genuine solutions.

Feeding the Abscess
11-10-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't know. His China answers were absolutely laughable; multiple times in single sentences, he portrayed himself as being both free trade and protectionist.

He's more coached than he was last go-round, though. I'll agree with that.

Acala
11-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Yup. That is what it looks like when you have totally surrendered your humanity. If he becomes President, watch what happens to him. The shock of discovering that they traded everything for an empty title crushes most of them.

Hitler purportedly was an amazingly inspirational speaker.

Hospitaller
11-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Yup. That is what it looks like when you have totally surrendered your humanity. If he becomes President, watch what happens to him. The shock of discovering that they traded everything for an empty title crushes most of them.

I beg you to expand

Krugerrand
11-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I sometimes wonder if Romney's chances would have been better had he not run last go around. I think people are really sick of him.

Acala
11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
I beg you to expand

Our political system operates to elevate to the Presidency only those candidates who have demonstrated their willingness to abandon all principles, do ANYTHING, and say ANYTHING in pursuit of the office. This is how the folks pulling the strings can be sure they get a cooperative puppet in the White House. But blind pursuit of a goal like being president, during which everything of real value in life is sacrificed, results in a hollow victory. The actual job of being president is grueling. You are reviled by millions, endlessly criticized in the press and in public discourse, pressured by the special interests that put you into toffice, and walled in by the realities of a system that basically doesn't work. And it is the end of the road. You have sacrificed everything for that prize and when it is over you are a burned out shell and there is nothing left to pursue. The one thing that filled your dreams is gone forever. A few former presidents retire into the status of elder statesman, but very few.

trey4sports
11-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Romney + Ron = Rand

#justsayin

Travlyr
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
No. They do not want Ron Paul to End The Fed. Ron Paul talked and looked sharper in 1988 than Romney does today. It is the message that they are burying... not the candidate.

BamaAla
11-10-2011, 01:10 PM
No. They do not want Ron Paul to End The Fed. Ron Paul talked and looked sharper in 1988 than Romney does today. It is the message that they are burying... not the candidate.

Not even in the same ball park. Not to mention, people have no idea what a Libertarian is and pay zero attention to who runs as that party's nominee.

mikeforliberty
11-10-2011, 01:24 PM
He has the essential political talent of saying absolutely nothing extremely well.

Travlyr
11-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Not even in the same ball park. Not to mention, people have no idea what a Libertarian is and pay zero attention to who runs as that party's nominee.
That's what I was getting at. The reason that Ron Paul is not the most popular candidate and "people have no idea what a Libertarian is" is not because they are not well groomed pretty boys. The philosophy of freedom is abhorrent to the money masters. Check you local library to see if "The Mystery of Banking" by Murray Rothbard is available for check out. It is not available in my city library, and never has been, although it is now available at the University. They were successful at keeping information from the people until the truth telling abilities of Internet made its debut. The media black-out is real and ongoing. They are the front line for the counterfeiters.