PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of a news network

hammy
11-09-2011, 10:25 PM
I've only been following RP for a few months... how have you all put up with this?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/45233756/comid/1/cache/328#comments_top

wgadget
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
LOL

I think "putting up with it" is what makes us so hated by the others. I like to call it righteous indignation.

sailingaway
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
just move on..... phone bank, donate, canvas, plant signs.... turn the anger energy into constructive action.

You don't get used to it, but you get used to using it.

11-09-2011, 10:31 PM
It's not even surprising anymore. The online polls don't really matter anyway. We just win them so they can't be used by msm to push other candidates.

FriedChicken
11-09-2011, 10:32 PM
You don't get used to it, but you get used to using it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

miyavi
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
laughing out loud

rideurlightning
11-09-2011, 10:36 PM
It's what keeps us fighting.

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Brainwashed doing the Brainwashing.

mikeforliberty
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
I see each one of these as a victory.

ryanmkeisling
11-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I never recovered from the last election and summarily threw my TV off of a cliff. But I could watch tubes of Perry's melt down all night. He has to be drunk on stage.

freeforall
11-09-2011, 10:42 PM
it bothers me because i don't think anyone is stopping in their tracks to get online and vote for RP as soon as a debate is over because someone sent them a message saying "it's time." there really is that many "people in the room" watching these debates in there entirety and paying close attention to all he candidates that support Ron Paul.

is it just me or is this starting to happen more often? i think we need to think about what reaction they are trying to instigate, and how we can cleverly and apropriately respond to get the attention of new people.

Epic
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
How can they put up a poll, and then say it doesn't count cause people voted.

That's what polls are for!

hammy
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
☑ First they ignore you (Pre-2007)
☑ Then they laugh at you (2007-2008)
☑ Then they fight you (2008-2011)
☐ Then you win

Muttley
11-09-2011, 10:47 PM
In reading that response from one of the editors in 2007, he asserts that the poll must be hacked and that we're taking the fun out of the poll. The point is however, it's not fun anymore, this is serious shit and the establishment is going to stop at nothing to try and squelch any effort we put forth. When this shit happens, we MUST redouble our efforts...it may be out last chance!

Naraku
11-09-2011, 11:00 PM
it bothers me because i don't think anyone is stopping in their tracks to get online and vote for RP as soon as a debate is over because someone sent them a message saying "it's time." there really is that many "people in the room" watching these debates in there entirety and paying close attention to all he candidates that support Ron Paul.

is it just me or is this starting to happen more often? i think we need to think about what reaction they are trying to instigate, and how we can cleverly and apropriately respond to get the attention of new people.

I think you are right that they are probably emphasizing this "small, devoted group" idea hard for another reason. We have seen Iowa news organizations stating that Ron Paul's campaign infrastructure makes him the one to beat in that crucial first state. They want to make sure everyone "gets the facts" on Ron Paul's organizational abilities so that an Iowa victory can be tossed aside as a fluke, thus hoping to prevent him from gaining traction from an actual election victory.

It actually would serve a dual purpose for them because there is a major push to change the primary process in a way that focuses on regional bloc voting days that rotate. This is presented as serving to shorten campaigning periods and preventing the influence of small populations in those early states like Iowa and New Hampshire. Of course, it also keeps anyone who is against the establishment from ever gaining traction, similar to all that "get money out of politics" malarkey being pushed by the Occupiers. All of those changes serve only the interests the establishment.

John F Kennedy III
11-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I see each one of these as a victory.

Me too.

freeforall
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
wasn't obama praised for organizing his supporters in 2008 as one of his greatest strengths? of course he was and that is not the issue, but it's bugging me right now.

and what the heck is up with changing the rules every election?

seriously, i'm not sure ignoring it is the best strategy. o'reilly said in his intro to his debate something to the effect that he knew what was going to happen and i knew he was talking about disqualifying Ron paul as soon as he did it. cnbc gave their poll less than 15(?)minutes before they pulled it. i could be way off base and at the moment i don't know what to do to turn it into a positive.