PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Super Pac for Newt Gingrich launched during CNBC debate

Valli6
11-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, we all knew it would be newt's turn next. :rolleyes:

A super PAC supporting former House Speaker Newt Gingrich launched during the CNBC presidential debate Wednesday night, “to support Newt Gingrich’s comeback run for president.”

The super PAC, called Solutions 2012, was formed to support Gingrich’s campaign by providing the resources and manpower that the campaign currently lacks.

After most of his campaign staff quit this summer, Gingrich has been running a pared down campaign, both in terms of people and resources. His campaign brought in only $800,000 in the third quarter, and he had only $353,416 in the bank at the end of that quarter.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/09/super-pac-launches-to-back-comeback-gingrich-campaign/

Here's a "Time for Newt" video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k24V_sQsCJ4

bluesc
11-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Some of those Perry backers wanted somewhere to go.

Dianne
11-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Newt was very unimpressive last night. Instead of answering the questions, he runs out his clock complaining about the question.. He's a cry baby.

KevinR
11-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Newt was very unimpressive last night. Instead of answering the questions, he runs out his clock complaining about the question.. He's a cry baby.

That's all he ever does, in addition to giving useless backstories about the question

LisaNY
11-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I still can't believe newt is running with a dirty past like his. I mean c'mon, the man was run out of town by his own party after facing ethics violations and fined $300,000.00.

V3n
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
I still can't believe newt is running with a dirty past like his. I mean c'mon, the man was run out of town by his own party after facing ethics violations and fined $300,000.00.

$300,000.00 - the same amount he got paid back from the government to push Freddie Mac!

11-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Who's funding Newt's superpac is the question we should be asking ourselves.

Knowing your enemy is half the battle.

Travlyr
11-10-2011, 09:02 AM
He promised change but did not deliver on the 1994 Contract With America. Come to find out -- Newt is a one world government guy. A Nobel Liar.

Power hungry.

Muttley
11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I would say he is going to be our biggest secondary threat from here on out until the Iowa caucus. I currently do not have any ideas, but we have to bring him down and quickly!

Revolution9
11-10-2011, 09:14 AM
He promised change but did not deliver on the 1994 Contract With America. Come to find out -- Newt is a one world government guy. A Nobel Liar.

Power hungry.

Karl Schwartz, big insider and wrote the book, "One Way Ticket to Crawford" Says he quit the republican party after he figured out that the Contract For America was a contract on America.

Rev9

Valli6
11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Who's funding Newt's superpac is the question we should be asking ourselves.
Knowing your enemy is half the battle.
The only name I've found connected to it so far is Charlie Smith - campaign manager for the group Solutions 2012 (which seems to also be known as "Time for Newt")
He's a former College Republicans chairman and supported John McCain in 2008.
Listen to this crazy nonsense from 2008! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=OFE8rHXEphg

seapilot
11-10-2011, 11:24 AM
The big difference between Hillary Clinton and Newt? Hillary never cheated on her spouse.

HOLLYWOOD
11-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Here's 'THE HILL" coverage...

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/192887-group-launches-super-pac-to-aid-gingrich

Group launches super-PAC to aid Gingrich
By Justin Sink - 11/10/11 11:52 AM ET
Solutions 2012, a new super-PAC supporting Newt Gingrich's gradually improving presidential campaign, launched Wednesday night during the GOP debate.
"We're going to go into the states and rally the activists, and build the organization Newt needs to win this nomination and beat Obama in the Fall," the group's new website - timefornewt.com (http://timefornewt.com/) - says.

Gingrich has experienced a steady rise in the polls, placing third in the Republican field in both a USA Today/Gallup and NBC News/WSJ poll released earlier this month. If current frontrunner Herman Cain begins to fade as mounting sexual harassment allegations beleaguer his campaign, Gingrich is uniquely situated to contend with Mitt Romney for the Republican nomination.

But essential to capitalizing on Cain's stumble will be the ability to build an effective ground organization. Gingrich has thus far struggled to bring in dollars, raising less than a million dollars and leaving under half a million dollars in the bank at the end of the last financial reporting quarter. His campaign is just now stabilizing after the en masse resignation of his top aides earlier this summer.
Charlie Smith, head of the new PAC believes that his organization can help bridge that gap.
“Solutions 2012 will fill the void by making expenditures for GOTV efforts, mail, and television and radio ads,” said a press release from the group.
A video posted to the group's website played up Gingrich's policy substance, while chiding the other candidates for violating Ronald Reagan's "11th Commandment" and attacking one another.
"While the other candidates attack each other, one is rising in the polls," the video says. "Substance matters."

Jingles
11-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Newt Gingrich is going to rise... I've been using my grandparents as a test on this stuff. First they supported Bachmann, then they supported Perry, then it was Cain, and now its Gingrich (And I've even heard a positive mention from them about Santorum =/ but they said they couldn't vote for him). When Gingrich gets brought down because of his past I'm going to swoop in for the kill and sell them on Ron Paul completely because they sure aren't voting for Romney. I've been working on it progressively for years.

They were like JFK/old style democrats but switched to the Republican party after Obama was elected.

Shane Harris
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
that commercial could be for ron paul