PDA

View Full Version : We won, even the crowd thinks so!

akterence
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
hxxp://www.freep.com/article/20111109/NEWS15/111109072/Crowd-GOP-debate-ranks-Mitt-Romney-Ron-Paul-favorites?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Maybe its because we were next to Perry. It just made us look that much better.

pauliticalfan
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes, Perry tried to address Paul and failed miserably. Ron looked like a wise genius.

sailingaway
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
hxxp://www.freep.com/article/20111109/NEWS15/111109072/Crowd-GOP-debate-ranks-Mitt-Romney-Ron-Paul-favorites?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Maybe its because we were next to Perry. It just made us look that much better.

+rep! Thanks for posting!

Rudeman
11-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Perfect, we have Romney and the anti-Romney (Ron Paul). I hope the rest of the general public feels the same way.

matt0611
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Perfect, we have Romney and the anti-Romney (Ron Paul). I hope the rest of the general public feels the same way.

Yup, just need Cain out of the picture now...

PastaRocket848
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Something tells me there are 5 women and a lie detector that will handle that for us.

bluesc
11-09-2011, 09:50 PM

And Newt..

1stAmendguy
11-09-2011, 09:52 PM

Don't forget about Newt. He's the Grinch with a lot of baggage we have to take care of before Christmas.

ronpaulfollower999
11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
They showed the results on cnbc.

Pre debate:
Mitt Romney 25%
Ron Paul 19%
Herman Cain 16%
Rick Perry 6%

Post debate:
Romney 40%
Gingrich 25%
Paul 11%
Perry 0%

wgadget
11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
They showed the results on cnbc.

Pre debate:
Mitt Romney 25%
Ron Paul 19%
Herman Cain 16%
Rick Perry 6%

Post debate:
Romney 40%
Gingrich 25%
Paul 11%
Perry 0%

That was for the 250 or so college students attending the debate party.

giovannile07
11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Are the debates on Youtube yet? I don't have a t.v. :(

John F Kennedy III
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Something tells me there are 5 women and a lie detector that will handle that for us.

This :)

seraphson
11-09-2011, 10:03 PM
One part of that article bothered me.

“So how am I supposed to pay for school then?”

Just because we won't have Federal Loans doesn't mean we'll have any loans, correct?

Also, wouldn't school be more affordable since less Federal spending = less overhead, less market manipulation, and a stronger dollar?

I'm actually really concerned about this "College debt bubble" as it's starting to startlingly imitate the housing bubble i.e. handing out easy credit nobody can afford to pay back (and let's face it, there's a LOT of these loans out there since all this "Oh, go to school Johnny or you'll be an acknowledged failure to society and you won't own big houses and fancy cars" fantasy that I vibbed around Sr. year in high school.)

XTreat
11-09-2011, 10:17 PM
One part of that article bothered me.

“So how am I supposed to pay for school then?”

Just because we won't have Federal Loans doesn't mean we'll have any loans, correct?

Also, wouldn't school be more affordable since less Federal spending = less overhead, less market manipulation, and a stronger dollar?

I'm actually really concerned about this "College debt bubble" as it's starting to startlingly imitate the housing bubble i.e. handing out easy credit nobody can afford to pay back (and let's face it, there's a LOT of these loans out there since all this "Oh, go to school Johnny or you'll be an acknowledged failure to society and you won't own big houses and fancy cars" fantasy that I vibbed around Sr. year in high school.)

You are correct and the shit is going to hit the fan in a similar way, most likely followed by a similar bailout.

PursuePeace
11-09-2011, 10:27 PM
This article is on Drudge now.

SchleckBros
11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
So we lost votes among college students... yikes :mad:

Ron Paul really needs to clarify his position on student loans. It sounds like he is going to immediately end student loans,.

Sunstruck-Eden
11-09-2011, 10:55 PM
So we lost votes among college students... yikes :mad:

Ron Paul really needs to clarify his position on student loans. It sounds like he is going to immediately end student loans,.

At first, I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. But then I realized that I'm the unusual student that goes to a private university and has a near full-ride. I now realize what this may seem like to all the kids who must have loans to attend college but Ron needs to make it clear (as he has before) that he won't be taking the student loans out of the budget immediately and that they will be issued to another department and that through eliminating the department of education and giving power back to the states and local school boards on this issue, that school will be cheaper for everyone and people will be able to work their way through college just like Ron did in the good old days!

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Something tells me there are 5 women and a lie detector that will handle that for us. I wonder if a baby-momma will show up soon to talk about Cain's love child that she gave birth to? :D lolz

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
You are correct and the shit is going to hit the fan in a similar way, most likely followed by a similar bailout.I've been doubting the student loan "crisis" (as it were) would result in a bailout. However, if congress can be properly bribed, it may well happen. The precedent has certainly been set.

kpitcher
11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Some student loans were part of the last round of bailouts. Not the majority of loans by far but still enough to leave a horrible taste in your mouth.
2 wives of Morgan Stanley bankers got 250 million to buy up student loans. The deal was the gov covers any losses, the wives make any profit. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411

JustinL
11-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm worried these people with debt they can't handle are just going to vote for whoever they think will bail them out. And paint anyone that is against the Department of Education as against education and willingly spread the misconceptions for their own ends because they feel screwed and aren't going to take responsibility for their mistake.

jbuttell
11-10-2011, 01:08 AM
what, no post debate love for Cain?