PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Exclusion Known Facts

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Simplest solution to all the speculation.

Please post only facts known to be true, how you came to know about these facts. You know, the who, what, when, how, why of it.

No arguing, no debating, just facts.

I'll start:

This is from wikipedia GOP Debates entry:

The Fox News Channel and The Republican Party of Iowa will be sponsoring a Republican Debate hosted by the University of Iowa on December 4, 2007. All major candidates have been invited. It is unknown at this time who will be attending. The debate will be nationally televised live on The Fox News Channel.

Iowa HQ has told us that Ron needs >= 5% in an average of polls to be in this debate.

Magsec
11-06-2007, 01:10 PM
They're stacking the deck.

Karsten
11-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Well can't we use the money we raised to bomb Iowa with tons of Ron Paul Ad's so that he will be over 5% by December 4th?

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2007, 01:11 PM
They're stacking the deck.

That's a true fact. :D

I was hoping for more info. Like which polls need to be >5%?

Who can participate?

What is the deadline?

Taco John
FACT: under the current guidelines, if the debate were held tomorrow, Ron Paul would be excluded.

LibertyEagle
I still don't know whether they're talking about a national poll, or an Iowa poll. Which is it? Anyone know?

Ridiculous
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
If he isn't above 5% by December 4th he's done for anyway. But I don't think that is going to be an issue.

Magsec
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Keep in mind the supposed "latest Iowa poll" they put up on MSNBC was taken Oct 1-3rd....

freelance
11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
LE, I'm guessing that they won't tell us until after they poll, both nationally and in IA. Remember that FOX has a hand in this, so they may pick the lower of the two.

Cali4RonPaul
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
I still don't know whether they're talking about a national poll, or an Iowa poll. Which is it? Anyone know?

When I called them, I do recall them mentioning a FOX news poll as a sample. :(

Johnnybags

Paul cannot make 5 in a national poll so its up to the Demoines/ARG state poll. Get 5 or forget it.

Taco John
It's all in the original thread... The original post is true. They sent it out to people subscribed to the email list. They didn't post the requirements on their website though. They did this purposefully...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32844

john_anderson_ii
Keep in mind the supposed "latest Iowa poll" they put up on MSNBC was taken Oct 1-3rd....

Anyone know when the next one will be taken? And if they are talking about Iowa only polls?

This will really help narrow the focus, and give us a goal.

freelance
What if the FOX poll is a push poll?

Karsten
11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Paul cannot make 5 in a national poll so its up to the Demoines/ARG state poll. Get 5 or forget it.

I thought he has made 5% already.

This forum says a national CNN poll has his at 5% already:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32619

And we know he's at 4% in Iowa. So what are we getting all concerned about? With all this money, the numbers will go up, not down.

Kap
11-06-2007, 01:18 PM
If they do this we need to protest PEACEFULLY and send letters of protest to Fox News and every advertiser on Fox until they retract this B.S. We make this entire scheme of theirs sting them where it hurts. In the money.

I'm not surprised they are attempting this at all. For every debate they've had, Ron Paul has owned all of the other candidates on foreign policy and the economy. They need to let Ghouliani, Magic Underwear Mitt, and I'm too old Thompson some breathing room.

stevedasbach
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Every time an attempt has been made to exclude Dr. Paul (successful or not) it has resulted in blowback that advanced his campaign. It's too early to fret about this. Focus on doing what we can to boost his name ID and support high enough that they don't dare exclude him.