PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul article up on Reason.com

kaligula
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Ron Paul, for the People
Can a libertarian Republican appeal to Democrats?

http://www.reason.com/news/show/120767.html

drinkbleach
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
test

JaylieWoW
06-15-2007, 08:37 AM
I think I found my sig line!

"...the freedom philosophy shouldn’t be challenging to too many people, when you emphasize that all I want to do is leave you alone.”

mdh
06-15-2007, 08:38 AM
I think we know from the number of folks here who were Dems before that the answer is a resounding 'YES!'

slantedview
06-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I think we know from the number of folks here who were Dems before that the answer is a resounding 'YES!'
Yep. Democrat here (still need to send in the change form).

Interesting article.

Duckman
06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
If you have any money left after donating to Ron Paul, I'd like to strongly encourage all Ron Paul supporters to consider subscribing to Reason magazine. I don't work for them, but I love their magazine. It's a breath of fresh air in our modern era of big government and big military.

Reason all but endorsed Ron Paul in their recent issue highlighting all the major (and minor) players in the presidential election on both the Democrat and Republican sides.

One point of warning though - Reason usually takes a pro-amnesty position on illegal immigration, which may infuriate you. ;)

slantedview
06-15-2007, 11:10 AM
If you have any money left after donating to Ron Paul, I'd like to strongly encourage all Ron Paul supporters to consider subscribing to Reason magazine. I don't work for them, but I love their magazine. It's a breath of fresh air in our modern era of big government and big military.

Reason all but endorsed Ron Paul in their recent issue highlighting all the major (and minor) players in the presidential election on both the Democrat and Republican sides.

One point of warning though - Reason usually takes a pro-amnesty position on illegal immigration, which may infuriate you. ;)
Do you think Reason will actually, uffocially or unofficially, endorse a candidate? I mentioned before, I saw the editor Nick Gillespie on Bill Moyer's show a few weeks ago where Bill asked him if he liked any of the candidates, and Nick named nobody.

Duckman
06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
I think there is a strong chance in my mind they would endorse Ron Paul. Ron is very close to having all of Reason's ideals, although Reason is a little bit more socially liberal than Ron is (Reason is opposed to DADT and wants open borders) but except possibly for whoever the LP may nominate, I can't imagine there being a candidate closer to Reason's ideal candidate than Ron Paul.

That being said, Reason was not entirely enthusiastic about Ron Paul's decision to run, beliving that the racism charges will eventually kill him, but I am far more optimistic than that.

angrydragon
06-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't think those racism remarks will hold much weight. The MSM hasn't reported on it and I doubt they will because they'd want hard evidence of it, and there isn't any.