PDA

View Full Version : David Gregory: No "Grand Wizard" In GOP To Force Cain Out

low preference guy
11-09-2011, 08:34 AM
On Wednesday's "Today" show, host of NBC's "Meet the Press" David Gregory says there is no "Grand Wizard" right now in the GOP to "force" Cain out of the primary. Transcript below:

Ann Curry, NBC News: "He's not stepping down, continuing to suck the air out of the narrative the Republican party really wants to tell. Does the party now wish he would just go away?"

David Gregory, NBC News: "Well there is no, you know, grand wizard in the party right now who can really force the issue. I've talked to Cain's advisers in Iowa, they think their support is still strong there, that it's not falling. There may be cracks in the foundation according to pollsters I'm talking to, that his numbers may be starting to shift but right now core support remains there.

Link (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/09/david_gregory_no_grand_wizard_in_gop_right_now_to_ force_cain_to_go_away.html)

trey4sports
11-09-2011, 08:37 AM
is that a KKK reference? "grand wizard" sounded awfully bigoted to me.

brushfire
11-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Awful choice of words - looks like a Pelosi tactic.

low preference guy
11-09-2011, 08:41 AM
So now conservatives have something to call this idiot on when he tries to use the race card again.

Bruno
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
So the racist conservative Iowans (whose fellow racist Iowans on the other side of the aisle were first to vote for Obama) keep supporting Cain because they don't have a grand wizard to force him out of the GOP?

That really doesn't make any sense at all.

Peace&Freedom
11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
What Grand Wizard Gregory is saying is, the MEDIA doesn't know how to force Cain out. They built him up after a couple of straw poll wins, and now don't know how to unmake him. The persistent support he continues to have is making a mess out of the notion that this is Romney's primary race. That narrative has been exposed as baseless, since Romney cannot pull more than 25-30% support in most GOP polls after all this time, even against a scandal-ridden rival. If you're the 'frontrunner,' but 70% of your voters want somebody else, it's anybody's nomination to win.

SilentBull
11-09-2011, 09:35 AM
What Grand Wizard Gregory is saying is, the MEDIA doesn't know how to force Cain out. They built him up after a couple of straw poll wins, and now don't know how to unmake him.

I think this might be exactly what's happening. It's possible they underestimated the stupidity of the voters. They didn't think people were going to be so stubborn as to support a guy without a clue of economics, foreign policy, and now with sexual harassment allegations. This is scary.

oyarde
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Makes sense to me , all those Wizards are Dems !

oyarde
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Check your History , Dems have been the kkk party forever....

CaptUSA
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Freudian slip from Gregory. It is impossible for someone on the left to remove race from their brains long enough to intelligently discuss political matters.

CaptUSA
11-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Freudian slip from Gregory. It is impossible for someone on the left to remove race from their brains long enough to intelligently discuss political matters.In fact, I bet he recognized his Freudian slip soon after.

Miss Annie
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Interestingly enough, the KKK was formed to attack Republicans as well as blacks.

http://ms-dee.hubpages.com/hub/KKK-Formed-to-Regain-Democratic-Control

oyarde
11-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Interestingly enough, the KKK was formed to attack Republicans as well as blacks.

http://ms-dee.hubpages.com/hub/KKK-Formed-to-Regain-Democratic-Control The old , real conservatives were the only allies minorities had . They did not see color , only productivity . If you worked hard , you earned respect ...

low preference guy
11-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Gregory fantasizes that a Great Wizard will stop Cain from running.

Miss Annie
11-09-2011, 12:26 PM
The old , real conservatives were the only allies minorities had . They did not see color , only productivity . If you worked hard , you earned respect ...

I think people still don't "see color" unless they are taught to see color. I saw a fascinating thing this weekend at my son's rugby game. My niece who is only a year and a half was with us and there was also a black man standing on the sidelines as well. My little niece toddled right up to that man with no reservations whatsoever and put her arms up to be picked up. She did not "see color". I think that racism is definitely a learned thing. Sad.

oyarde
11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I think people still don't "see color" unless they are taught to see color. I saw a fascinating thing this weekend at my son's rugby game. My niece who is only a year and a half was with us and there was also a black man standing on the sidelines as well. My little niece toddled right up to that man with no reservations whatsoever and put her arms up to be picked up. She did not "see color". I think that racism is definitely a learned thing. Sad. I tend to agree, although , I have never understood it . Why would any rational person think that any color is superior ? makes no sense to me . I also have never understood why minorities vote Dem.

low preference guy
11-09-2011, 12:37 PM
I tend to agree, although , I have never understood it . Why would any rational person think that any color is superior ? makes no sense to me . I also have never understood why minorities vote Dem.

Some colors are superior, it all depends on where you live. If you live in a very hot sunny area, dark skin is superior as they will block excessive UV exposure. On the other hand, if you live in Iceland, very white skin is definitely superior as you want to get as much UV radiation as possible to produce vitamin D.

oyarde
11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Some colors are superior, it all depends on where you live. If you live in a very hot sunny area, dark skin is superior as they will block excessive UV exposure. On the other hand, if you live in Iceland, very white skin is definitely superior as you want to get as much UV exposure as possible to produce vitamin D. Yeah , I am aware of that , I have the defective blue eyes :)

fisharmor
11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Well, Slick Rick referred to MC Ricky D as "the grand wizard" in "La Di Da Di"... and I doubt he was in the Klan.

Brian4Liberty
11-09-2011, 01:13 PM
So now conservatives have something to call this idiot on when he tries to use the race card again.

He was playing the race card right there. He just accused Republicans of being racists.