PDA

View Full Version : Meet Porter Stansberry, the fraudster behind ominous ‘NewAmerica3′ ads

bobbyw24
11-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Many television viewers encounter strange, disjointed ads promoting NewAmerica3.com. The ads plead with viewers to visit the website, where the narrator promises a Nostradamus-like offering of dire prophecies for the future.

What most viewers don’t know is that the man behind the ad has been found liable in the past for defrauding investors.

Meet Frank Porter Stansberry. In 2003 the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a complaint against him for peddling false information to subscribers of his financial newsletter. The name of his company at the time was Pirate Investor.

According to the SEC, Stansberry told email subscribers that if they paid $1,000, he would provide a hot investment tip based on inside information from a “senior executive inside the company.” He encouraged customers to purchase stock, promising they would “make a fortune.”

The man who supposedly provided Stansberry with the information denied ever doing so, and many investors lost thousands of dollars by acting on the fabricated information.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/08/meet-porter-stansberry-the-fraudster-behind-ominous-newamerica3-ads/#ixzz1dDbRd500

sluggo
11-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Schiff went after Stansberry recently, too.

The Casey Research people have been featuring Stansberry at some of their events, which makes me think a little less of Doug Casey and Co.

Cowlesy
11-09-2011, 09:01 AM
He's just another doom peddler. Look, any of us can peddle doom and gloom predictions and throw up some tidbits of factual information pirated from any news or research site.

If the market ends up tanking, we look like a sage. If it doesn't, we are just "early" in our prediction but the end is NIGH.

You don't need to pay anyone to tell you what you already know.

specsaregood
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Isn't this the ad that has Alex Jones narrating?

Pizzo
11-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Isn't this the ad that has Alex Jones narrating?

Yes.

specsaregood
11-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes.

I wonder if AJ will do narration for anybody willing to pay?

donnay
11-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Jones is narrating for a commercial for the documentary, End of America which can be viewed for free.

Porter Stansberry Research - The End of America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-BIVWlc7A

sluggo
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM

I suspect he would.

specsaregood
11-09-2011, 09:22 AM
I suspect he would.

Somebody should offer to pay him to do the narration for an ad promoting Bush presidential library. That's be worth seeing if he would do it.

ctiger2
11-09-2011, 10:35 AM

Of course he will. AJ's #1 priority is to make $$. The guy's net worth over $5M.

NewRightLibertarian
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Somebody should offer to pay him to do the narration for an ad promoting Bush presidential library. That's be worth seeing if he would do it.

Drudge ran the advertisement too. Clearly, they both must be in on the conspiracy.

specsaregood
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Drudge ran the advertisement too. Clearly, they both must be in on the conspiracy.

Who said anything about "conspiracy"?

Julio154
11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I've seen the video before and AJ even interviewed the guy. While I would never purchase a subscription or pay for any of his services, I do think the video provides enough information for those looking for possible causes to our problems as well as possible solutions in the scenario provided. Problems about the FED, inflation, holding physical assets etc. If anyone is willing to follow everything the video says without researching on their is going to get whats coming to them. Investing is never risk-free.

Becker
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
is somebody surprised that a hyperinflation alarmist is a scammer?

Becker
11-09-2011, 09:27 PM
freebie : anybody who watched his intro video, the last thing he talks about "what keeps a family rich when all else fails" the answer was "family farm"

NewRightLibertarian
11-11-2011, 10:41 AM
is somebody surprised that a hyperinflation alarmist is a scammer?

He's much less of a scammer than the government and bankers that are inflating the currency through their reckless spending, that's for sure.

Becker
11-11-2011, 01:38 PM
He's much less of a scammer than the government and bankers that are inflating the currency through their reckless spending, that's for sure.

I disagree, government and bankers do not claim to not inflate the currency, do not claim to take your money to make you money. They are crooks, but not scammers. Nobody among bankers and government promises to do anything but to screw you, therefore are not scammers and they do not prey on your fear.

Steven Douglas
11-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Nobody among bankers and government promises to do anything but to screw you, therefore are not scammers and they do not prey on your fear.

Even worse. The government preys on your hope and faith.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Of course he will. AJ's #1 priority is to make $$. The guy's net worth over $5M.

Care to remind us what Ron Paul's net worth is?

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Lol. People trying to pretend Alex Jones is the enemy again. Hilarious. Just hilarious.

Becker
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Lol. People trying to pretend Alex Jones is the enemy again. Hilarious. Just hilarious.

I dont play this eitger with us or against us crap, alex jones isnt the enemy, but doesnt nean i wont criticize him if he deserves it. Nobody is perfect and better for supporters to know one's flaws and fault than for an opponent to point it out and then people race to deny or defend

Suzu
11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Peter Schiff also narrated an ad for Stansberry a while back.

John F Kennedy III
11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Peter Schiff also narrated an ad for Stansberry a while back.

This.

Becker
11-11-2011, 07:10 PM
This.

interesting, seeing as how that'll compete with his own investment plans.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I've seen his videos, and I don't trust them. There's a lot of truth in them, but also a lot of hype and marketing techniques. I'm sure the guy is raking it in because he does seem to be a skilled marketing strategist. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yet, I don't like the fact that he's posing as yet another self-appointed guru with the ability to predict the future and tell people how to save themselves from the coming meltdown scenarios. Great information is available for free, and from sources that are cheaper than Mr. Stansberry's products and services.

No one knows where the market will go, and even real prophets like Ron Paul can only spot fundamental disasters eating through the whole system. They don't totally know how it will play out either. But then, Ron Paul doesn't pretend to know the specifics about how society and government may react, or offer secret advice for individuals (only macro-scale solutions). Stansberry does, and that's phony.

Suzu
11-11-2011, 11:20 PM
interesting, seeing as how that'll compete with his own investment plans.

He did it because he was an "affiliate" getting a commission for each sale. He had a unique URL like AJ did. I think he was #12. AJ was #3. I wonder who the other numbers are!

Becker
11-12-2011, 12:08 AM
He did it because he was an "affiliate" getting a commission for each sale. He had a unique URL like AJ did. I think he was #12. AJ was #3. I wonder who the other numbers are!

again, the commission he paid him must've been worth the competition to his own business. you would think Peter Schiff who's allegedly a financial genius would make enough money he either doesn't need sponsors, or can outdo this guy, or has a track record of making people money that wouldn't allow advertisement of competitors.

Becker
11-12-2011, 12:10 AM
I've seen his videos, and I don't trust them. There's a lot of truth in them, but also a lot of hype and marketing techniques. I'm sure the guy is raking it in because he does seem to be a skilled marketing strategist. There's nothing wrong with that.

Yet, I don't like the fact that he's posing as yet another self-appointed guru with the ability to predict the future and tell people how to save themselves from the coming meltdown scenarios. Great information is available for free, and from sources that are cheaper than Mr. Stansberry's products and services.

No one knows where the market will go, and even real prophets like Ron Paul can only spot fundamental disasters eating through the whole system. They don't totally know how it will play out either. But then, Ron Paul doesn't pretend to know the specifics about how society and government may react, or offer secret advice for individuals (only macro-scale solutions). Stansberry does, and that's phony.

exactly.

by the way, my view is hyperinflation isn't even going to happen in the US, not that "its true but this guy doesn't have the answer".