PDA

View Full Version : I'm writing a paper about Dr. Paul

pooflinger1488
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I have an assignment for my political science class and i'm going to write it about our man. What are some weaknesses of the great dr? I can only think of one or two. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not trying to get anyone to write my paper, just get some one sentenced ideas. Heres the assignment if you want a more clear idea of whats going on. Thanks alot everyone! :D:D:D

OVERVIEW: In November 2008, the nation will (indirectly) elect a new president. How much do you know about the candidates seeking the presidency in this election? This assignment will require you to research the character, positions, strengths and weaknesses of two candidates, from different political parties, for the 2008 presidential election. For each of the two candidates you choose, you must assume the role of campaign manager, and formulate a memo articulating your candidate's best strategy for winning the oval office.

RESEARCH: An excellent "gateway" to a wide variety of political issues and institutions is the website Politics1.com. At the Politics1.com homepage, click on the link entitled P2008 Race. Here you will find a link to every major 2008 presidential hopeful. Spend some time reviewing this list of candidates. Then pick two candidates of interest from different political parties. Use the resource links (and any others you can find) to research each candidate's biography, character, and positions on the issues.

WRITE: Based on your research, along with your own inclination of what themes and issues will determine the 2008 election, develop and write a separate "memo" from you (as campaign manager) to each of your two presidential candidates. Your memo to each candidate should address each of the following points:

1. Assessing the candidacy overall, what do you perceive to be the greatest strengths of your candidate? What is his/her most glaring weakness? How do you propose to maximize your candidate's strengths and minimize his or her weaknesses during the campaign?

2. What should be the key theme of your candidate's campaign? How will this help your candidate win?

3. List and explain the candidate's position on three issues that you think will resonate with the public. How should the candidate best explain and his/her positions on these three issues to the public, and how should the candidate contrast his/her opinion on these issues with the positions of other presidential candidates?

4. How should your candidate deal with candidates of opposing political parties? Would you advise "negative" campaigning? Why or why not?

5. Conclude with a brief summary explaining why you think the strategies you have outlined will work.