PDA

View Full Version : John Embry - Expect $70 Silver Within Months

bobbyw24
11-09-2011, 06:54 AM
With gold trading at $1,800 and silver above $35, today King World News interviewed John Embry, Chief Investment Strategist of the $10 billion strong Sprott Asset Management to get his take on where he sees gold, silver, the US dollar and the mining shares headed. When asked about the action in gold and silver, Embry responded, “The recent low on gold (at $1,530) was contrived. If I would have asked you two months ago on the 8th of September, when gold was making an all-time high and silver was busting through $40 again, if you knew what was going to happen in the next two months in Europe and the world in general, where would you have estimated gold and silver would be trading?”
http://ampedstatus.com/images/crash-jp.jpg

John Embry continues:

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2011/11/8_John_Embry_-_Expect_$70_Silver_Within_Months.html

MRoCkEd
11-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Another one of these?

What happened to 150 by (last) summer? :P

bobbyw24
11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Another one of these?

What happened to 150 by (last) summer? :P

I know and Schiff says $200/Oz.

Some one's gotta be right eventually-- right?

Bern
11-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Time is relative. So is the value of a dollar.

Travlyr
11-09-2011, 07:27 AM
If he gets it right, then in his next newsletter he can claim he predicted the rise in silver. If he gets it wrong, then he can claim something such and such happened. Not Win/Win yet Win/not lose too bad.

RDM
11-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Looking at the charts I would say silver should be ranging between $40-50/oz by years end. That's just looking at things on a short term.

Steven Douglas
11-09-2011, 07:42 AM
There are too many external forces affecting the price of silver, which does include massive amounts in relatively few hands, to be able to predict major movements. I think you could sooner predict an earthquake - not the probable inevitability of a quake, which really can be predicted, but the actual time the quake is triggered. That's all an earthquake is anyway, just the release of accumulative stress. Stress can be relieved in small increments over long time periods, or it can build up until it is finally released in a series of mega-quakes and aftershocks.

Anyone can predict that silver will inevitably skyrocket, and I think they will be right. It doesn't take a genius to know that it's not a question of whether, but only when, and in what increments. That it can be artificially suppressed is true, but that only builds pressure. The good news for the one building up the pressure is that know in advance what they are doing, and can time their releases and profit from them. But it's also good news for those who don't care about timing, but only the inevitability of the release.