PDA

View Full Version : ohio results

jschaefer
11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know the Ohio Results on Obama care and the unions?

thanks.

Dorfsmith
11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
http://vote.sos.state.oh.us/pls/enrpublic/f?p=130:6:0

Interesting how Issue 3 is passing by about the same amount issue 2 is failing. I guess even the unions don't like Obamacare?

V3n
11-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Fox Business just called it - Ohio rejects Obamacare!

jschaefer
11-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Fox Business just called it - Ohio rejects Obamacare!

what does that mean in the grand scheme of things?
Is this a big deal for the country as whole not having to take obamacare?

Dorfsmith
11-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Arizona passed a similar measure. All it really means is that Ohio is standing up to the federal government and will end up going to court over it. It sends a strong message for sure but I don't know how it will hold up in court.

AlienLanes82
11-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Issue 2 - Adopt Union Reforms
37% Yes
63% No

Issue 3 - No Forced Participation in any "Health Care System"
65% Yes
35% No

24% Reporting.

V3n
11-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Common opinion is the Federal Government will step over this State Law and force Obamacare on Ohio anyway.
At least it's a weathervane to tell Obama 'step off'! And could echo in the General in 2012.
But it will probably just go into court upon court and the Feds will win in the end.

freeforall
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Issue 2 was very poorly worded on the ballot. In fact, there was very few words explaining the difference between a yes and no vote. If you didn't know which way you were voting before you got to the booth you probably wouldn't be sure how you were voting. Maybe it was just me, but I was annoyed with it.

Minlawc
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm not surprised issue 2 failed. The Vote No on Issue 2 advertised heavily everywhere on the internet, especially on Youtube. I didn't like some of the things in the bill either.

Current Issue 3 results are pleasantly surprising. Ohio is a large swing state, so to have it at over 60% Yes is very telling I think.

AlienLanes82
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Issue 2 was very poorly worded on the ballot.

Nonetheless, it was a dead duck, doomed to die.

We'll just wait for the municipalities to start going bankrupt and then panic. That works just as well. Can't see anyone attempting any serious union reform here after this, short of some kind of bunga bunga catastrophe setting in.