PDA

View Full Version : Just got off the phone with IOWA HQ

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
This is the deal. We need to get people from IOWA only!!! to call registered republicans in IOWA.
We can not have out of staters calling these people because they all have a bad taste about the ton of out of staters that showed up at the straw poll.

We have 20 days to raise Ron Pauls Iowa numbers to 5% or higher.

The meetup groups in Iowa are small and they need to get motivated. They are attempting to call from HQ but the response is lack luster.

werdd
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
holy shyt, it is true

Vvick727
11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Move, Move, Move!

robertwerden
Yes, just keep focus on what we need to do. We need to raise up to 5%

werdd
im from texas, so im staying out of this one but guys from Iowa tell us how we can help you out.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Well if they got a bad taste in their mouth from the straw poll, I guess they might be puking pretty soon.

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
If you are in IOWA please call Iowa HQ from the Ron Paul home page and offer to help.

speciallyblend
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
DNC/GOP can kiss my ass,sorry folks ,I'm voting Ron Paul,but we need to start holding the gop accountable period,no pussin footin around;) If you want to baby the gop,then you have already lost the battle. Be nice and cuddle them,so they can tazer your azz,yeah great strategy.I hope the iowans STAND UP ASAP,if not get use to this,the gop doesnt want to win the next election,that is true.

parke
11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Can other volunteers in other states phone bank for Ron????

DjLoTi
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
If you're good at talking to people, are friendly and smooth... like, this would be a good thing for me to do, cuz even tho I'm out of state, everytime I call T-mobile, i smooth talk the operator and they give me free minutes... I don't even ask for them, they just give them to me!

Hello! My name is 84848484 and I was calling to see if you'd like to discuss politics

no - ok, well I'm calling on to promote the Ron Paul campaign, feel free to check him out on YouTube! (thank you)
yes - wonderful! (start with the questions) who are you liking in the 2008 race... let them talk... hear them out....

come back with facts, you can't beat them, Ron Paul is 100% the most qualified to become president, and his ideas for our country cannot be beaten.

But don't call if you don't have people skillz

me3
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Robert, who did you speak with?

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:33 PM
This is the deal. We need to get people from IOWA only!!! to call registered republicans in IOWA.
We can not have out of staters calling these people because they all have a bad taste about the ton of out of staters that showed up at the straw poll.

The meetup groups in Iowa are small and they need to get motivated. They are attempting to call from HQ but the response is lack luster.

Do you know whose poll they are going to use?

The Good Doctor
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Because of all the out of staters showing up for the Caucus?

Well if they got a bad taste in their mouth from the straw poll, I guess they might be puking pretty soon.

Taco John
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM

I already posted the numbers that they're basing this on in the original thread.... Here they are again:

Fox News National Poll:

Ron Paul polled at 1%
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/102507_politics_release_web.pdf

Iowa Polls:

Ron Paul polled at 4% in the last Des Moines Register poll
Ron Paul polled at 1% in the last ARG Poll

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/NEWS09/71005048/-1/caucus

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres08/iarep8-711.html

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Iowa HQ would prefer Iowa residents to call only.

HQ Point of Contact: 1-888-828-PAUL(7285) or (515) 280-1136

iowa@ronpaul2008.com

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
DNC/GOP can kiss my ass,sorry folks ,I'm voting Ron Paul,but we need to start holding the gop accountable period,no pussin footin around;) If you want to baby the gop,then you have already lost the battle. Be nice and cuddle them,so they can tazer your azz,yeah great strategy.I hope the iowans STAND UP ASAP,if not get use to this,the gop doesnt want to win the next election,that is true.

But please remember that while what you are saying is likely true at the top levels of the Republican party, it is not true with the regular people. C'mon, they are just like us. If you approach them like they are the enemy, we will run them off. They just haven't heard enough from Dr. Paul yet. We need to get the information to them. Remember that a lot of Republicans are ticked off about what is going on in our country too.

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Because of all the out of staters showing up for the Caucus?

yes

The Good Doctor
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
I think folks from MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, SD, ND, OH, KS and IA can probably all get away with this. Maybe even Missouri. Though that might be quite a southern drawl! :D

Syren123
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
There's a letter writing thing going on...I have 70 names to write letters to and the organizer here in LA has many thousands more. It's to undecideds and Republicans in Iowa.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Iowa HQ would prefer Iowa residents to call only.

HQ Point of Contact: 1-888-828-PAUL(7285) or (515) 280-1136

iowa@ronpaul2008.com

There are not nearly enough Iowa Meetup people to get all this done. Why couldn't some of the people in surrounding states' meetups travel there and help out. If it's important for the number to show up as an Iowa number, wouldn't this take care of that concern?

fj45lvr
BULLSHIT

ARE THEY ONLY gonna TELEVISE THIS IN IOWA????????

this isn't a matter for IOWANS only .

MikeStanart

This is fox we're talking about.

Frank Luntz might hold a poll from a group of Republicans that voted for Bush in 2004; who are also leaving the poll with wads of cash in their pockets?

haha I'm just conspiracy theroizing here; for fun.

robertwerden

No and thats why we need to gain new supporters in Iowa who are registered republicans.

Iowa HQ has that phone list and they are attempting to organize a non redundant way of distributing it.

If anyone can help them with an online phone bank list to prevent people from being called more than once please call them

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:39 PM

What does this mean? I'm confused. :confused:

me3
I do have one thing to add, WTF has Iowa HQ been doing for the last 3 months?

bolidew
Damn, TIME is against us.

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
BULLSHIT

ARE THEY ONLY gonna TELEVISE THIS IN IOWA????????

this isn't a matter for IOWANS only .

This is coming straight from HQ, we need to work with in the terms the staff is seting up.

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Why isn't this debate on the Iowa's GOP calendar?

Seriously, I can't even find a mention of this debate, much less details, on iowagop.net anywhere.

We need to take a step back and find out what is going on before choosing courses of actions.

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
What does this mean? I'm confused. :confused:

HQ is calling but they are not having a high percentage of conversion to Ron Paul

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Why isn't this debate on the Iowa's GOP calendar?

Seriously, I can't even find a mention of this debate, much less details, on iowagop.net anywhere.

We need to take a step back and find out what is going on before choosing courses of actions.

Iowa HQ has confirmed it.

LibertyEagle
If anyone can help them with an online phone bank list to prevent people from being called more than once please call them

They would either have to dole out the names, like they did last time, or have a system based on a shared database, like Texas has. However, there were problems with the Texas system too. Unless the caller followed the directions closely and marked off the person as they called them, there would be duplicate calls.

me3
HQ is calling but they are not having a high percentage of conversion to Ron Paul
Robert, who did you speak to? Did you get confirmation on this debate restriction from HQ?

john_anderson_ii
Iowa HQ has confirmed it.

That's cool, and I believe them, but the Iowa GOP hasn't confirmed it yet?

We really don't have much to move on.

robertwerden

An excuse would serve no purpose

Ozwest
11-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Time to send out a 12 page glossy brochure and run some radio ads. Stat!

davidkachel
11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
If you go along with the 5% thing you are just playing into their hands. What is to prevent them from changing it to whatever percent they need later to exclude RP?
5% is the excuse! Silencing RP is the goal. RP supporters should get together with the supporters of other low-polling candidates and make a loud public noise. This is a free speech issue, not a 5% issue.

robertwerden
11-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Robert, who did you speak to? Did you get confirmation on this debate restriction from HQ?

I didnt write her name down.

belian78
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Okay Taco, I apologize.

Now, my question is this.. Are they going to have some "official" poll in the next week or so to see who's invited? I dont think so. They've already made up their minds im thinking. All the calling BS is a good thought, but ultimately going to be uneffective.

Time to start planning the protest rally. :mad:

ARealConservative

unless you are from New Hampshire, I serously doubt that your state is generating the same effort on the ground as folks in Iowa are. Your post is totally uncalled for.

robertwerden
They would either have to dole out the names, like they did last time, or have a system based on a shared database, like Texas has. However, there were problems with the Texas system too. Unless the caller followed the directions closely and marked off the person as they called them, there would be duplicate calls.

I told them about the one we used in Texas and gave them Robert Morrows phone number to try and get that set up.

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
This is my personal opinion:

There is no mention of this debate at all on Iowa's GOP website.
Thus far I cannot find any mention of this debate on foxnews.com, and they are supposed to be hosting and promoting it.
Lastly, we heard from a guy who heard from a guy that Ron Paul was to be excluded in a debate that isn't even listed yet.....

Slow down. I'm not saying someone lied. I'm not saying there is no debate. I'm not saying they won't try to exclude Ron Paul.

I'm saying lets find some substantiated facts before we go out calling and causing a ruckus, and buying advertising.

me3
unless you are from New Hampshire, I serously doubt that your state is generating the same effort on the ground as folks in Iowa are. Your post is totally uncalled for.
I've been emailing Iowa students for 2 weeks at an average of about 25 a day, and directing respondents to the campaign, MeetUps etc.

maxmerkel
@HQ: how this Iowa effort helping in gaining a 5% average in NATIONAL Polls ??

Taco John
If you go along with the 5% thing you are just playing into their hands. What is to prevent them from changing it to whatever percent they need later to exclude RP?
5% is the excuse! Silencing RP is the goal. RP supporters should get together with the supporters of other low-polling candidates and make a loud public noise. This is a free speech issue, not a 5% issue.

Either way, we need to raise the polling numbers...

maxmerkel
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
@HQ: exactly how is this Iowa effort helping in gaining a 5% average in NATIONAL Polls ??

a_european
11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
How can they justify excluding the candidate with the biggest fundraising day, the third in fundraising and second (?) in cash-in-hand. 5% in polls needed? Which polls? Those with more than 4% failure rate? This is beyond pathetic and unprofessional.

NOLA
11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Let this be an excuse for us to start seriously raising Ron's numbers in Iowa. We have the cash now it is time to hire the staffers and consultants to start opening offices in Iowa. We can do way better than a measely 5%.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Are you from Iowa? If so, how can we best help?

John of Des Moines
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
If you want to help phone bank, get a Trac phone and register it with an Iowa area code.

Taco John
11-06-2007, 12:56 PM
There is no mention of this debate at all on Iowa's GOP website.

Yes there is... It's right there on the front page under "Latest News."

Further, we've made contact with them, and confirmed that this is all accurate information.

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM

That's a good point. Are they talking about Iowa polls or national polls?

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
If you want to help phone bank, get a Trac phone and register it with an Iowa area code.

Sorry, but what is a "Trac phone"? :confused:

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes there is... It's right there on the front page under "Latest News."

Further, we've made contact with them, and confirmed that this is all accurate information.

I just found that when it was posted in another thread. That site really sucks. You'd think something like this would be on their calendar in a clear format. I had to go to wikipedia to find out the scheduling. Christ they need a new designer.

Anyway, so now we know that the debate is trying to exclude Ron Paul based on poll numbers and that this is a recent development (i.e. a retaliation to his fund raising).

Fine, are these national numbers or Iowa numbers?

Roxi
I think folks from MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, SD, ND, OH, KS and IA can probably all get away with this. Maybe even Missouri. Though that might be quite a southern drawl! :D

only very far southern missouri people have a drawl at all, most people from st louis are accused of being from chicago.... theres not much difference in southern iowa and northern missouri

Also i was born in iowa, can i still call?

maxmerkel
Let this be an excuse for us to start seriously raising Ron's numbers in Iowa. We have the cash now it is time to hire the staffers and consultants to start opening offices in Iowa. We can do way better than a measely 5%.

i don't want to insult anyone let alone the campaign, but as i have stated multiple times he needs 5% in NATIONAL polls - not in iowa. it's clearly stated on the iowa gop website in the press release.

so, exactly how are we gonna achieve this ? FOX can average polls from januar to november and declare paul is not in the debate.
this is the exact definition of facism.
cudos to the Iowa GOP and FOX for this - i am impressed.

Cali4RonPaul
11-06-2007, 01:00 PM

I dont know what that is either, but I know with skype you can get any area code you want. and its really cheap.

fletcher
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
How can they exclude someone when the margin of error puts them within 5%? No one claims that these polls are exact, except maybe Frank Luntz.

lapi7
11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry to spoil the party but there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE WAY that Ron Paul is going to poll at 5%...He could be polling at 25% and it wouldn't matter.
The reason? Do you think that FOX NEWS would EVER admit to Ron paul polling at 5%???
THEY (Murdock) CONTROL EVERYTHING THAT"S SAID ON THE MSM INCLUDING THE POLLS!!!
This is just unfathemable!!! :mad:

John of Des Moines
11-06-2007, 01:10 PM

If a cell phone bought at kmart and other places, and buying airtime - no bills.

bootstrap
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
These guys (neo-cons and their collaborators) are perfectly happy to slaughter hundreds of thousands of people, just to make themselves feel like big shots, and enjoy their power to destroy. So don't be surprised they respond this way - to Ron Paul's stellar performance at the debates, to the November 5th fundraising achievement, etc. This is what happens when a population lets liberty be trashed beyond the point of no return.

On a more constructive note, can we can figure out effective responses to this atrocity?

1: Some political guru or historian out there --- find out whether ANYONE with less than 5% support (measured somewhat similarly) at approximately this point in a presidential campaign has ever WON (the nomination). If that has ever happened, I believe this might be our best ammunition (crossing my fingers).

2: EXACTLY who made this decision?

3: EXACTLY who has the power to make this decision? On what authority?

4: EXACTLY when will the deciding polls be taken? By who? How? And what proof does anyone have that they CANNOT be Hannitized?

5: If this debate is to be televised nationally, this atrocity seems like overt election tampering --- to exclude ANY of the remaining legitimate candidates. Someone with lawyer experience --- hit the books!

6: Perhaps we need to generate tons of Iowa media bombs far more than we need to generate additional money bombs. Hey campaign. Post here the cost to place ads on Iowa television and Iowa newspapers. We may decide to positively FLOOD the Iowa media with advertisements that make it utterly clear that NO candidate but Ron Paul has any intention whatsoever to remove the troops from Iraq during their first term. That IS their position now, as of the last debates.

Those are my off the top of my head start up ideas. I'm sure the rest of you have more and better ideas. Add them now. Let's figure out what will be the most [cost and time] effective, then let's get to it.

ItsTime
11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I think its a pre-paid cell phone you can buy at 7-11s and such.

Karsten
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
i don't want to insult anyone let alone the campaign, but as i have stated multiple times he needs 5% in NATIONAL polls - not in iowa. it's clearly stated on the iowa gop website in the press release.

so, exactly how are we gonna achieve this ? FOX can average polls from januar to november and declare paul is not in the debate.
this is the exact definition of facism.
cudos to the Iowa GOP and FOX for this - i am impressed.

He DOES have 5% in the national polls!
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-fundraising-suggests-15-percent.html

He will only continue to rise.

tsetsefly
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM

yes, everyone needs to double their effort!

JMann
11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Strange how Iowa wants to be one of the first in the nation voting and talk about how the candidates have a chance to talk to the voters, shake hands, etc... But then decide that they want to exclude candidates based on random standards.

Naraku
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Let's get this clear:

The Iowa Republican Party and Fox News Channel announced today plans for a Dec. 4 debate of the GOP presidential campaigns in Des Moines.

The Tuesday evening event is scheduled for Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines and comes as the race to the Jan. 3 caucuses enters its final month.

It was unclear who would attend, although only those candidates who had support of at least 5 percent of those surveyed in recent national polls or The Des Moines Register’s Iowa Poll are invited, Iowa GOP officials said.

http://blogs.dmregister.com/?cat=53

Unless this blog is lying, this is what's going to happen. However it can be national or Iowa, Des Moines register poll. Unless someone can give further clarification it doesn't look like there's a requirement for any specific national poll.

Cali4RonPaul
11-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Strange how Iowa wants to be one of the first in the nation voting and talk about how the candidates have a chance to talk to the voters, shake hands, etc... But then decide that they want to exclude candidates based on random standards.

Seriously.

The Dane
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
They even said: " that would include ... Ron Paul ... ect." In that blog.

:confused:

Taco John
11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Let's get this clear:

http://blogs.dmregister.com/?cat=53

Unless this blog is lying, this is what's going to happen. However it can be national or Iowa, Des Moines register poll. Unless someone can give further clarification it doesn't look like there's a requirement for any specific national poll.

These are the key polls:

Fox News National Poll:

Ron Paul polled at 1%

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/102507_politics_release_web.pdf

Iowa Polls:

Ron Paul polled at 4% in the last Des Moines Register poll
Ron Paul polled at 1% in the last ARG Poll

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/NEWS09/71005048/-1/caucus

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres08/iarep8-711.html

Apparently there's another round of polling that will decide it. I don't know when it is though...

me3
11-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Until we get confirmation from HQ that the debate is an issue, or that they are anxious for new polls to confirm that he will be in, this is still all premature.

Don't yell fire in a crowded theater. Not unless you have an evacuation plan.

alexlcameron
11-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Prehaps the added Nov 5th attention will draw new support? When does the new polling take place?

Suzu
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I concur with a decision to exclude Tancredo and Hunter, because their fundraising is so poor. This should have nothing to do with polls, national or otherwise. They should include only those candidates who clearly have broad-based support as indicated by their campaigns' success in fundraising. Even if this was based on Q3 numbers it will have to include Paul and exclude Tancredo and Hunter.

Dennis Berlin
11-06-2007, 01:52 PM

What is needed for starters, is something that yesterday's money bomb will surely help with: commercials on Iowa televisions. Some people really don't start considering a candidate, until they've heard about the candidate (go figure :-) ), and even if they DO hear about a candidate from a phone call, the average voter in a place like Iowa, questions the validity of any candidate that they've not yet seen on TV.

Eric21ND
11-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Are they going to do a mailer for Iowa?

me3
11-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Are they going to do a mailer for Iowa?
And why haven't they already if they have not...

Dennis Berlin
11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I concur with a decision to exclude Tancredo and Hunter, because their fundraising is so poor. This should have nothing to do with polls, national or otherwise. They should include only those candidates who clearly have broad-based support as indicated by their campaigns' success in fundraising. Even if this was based on Q3 numbers it will have to include Paul and exclude Tancredo and Hunter.
Don't you think that you'd feel differently, perhaps, if Ron Paul were in the same position? I'm certainly a Paul supporter, but I wonder if it isn't a danger, that even Paul supporters might start using the same control/suppress tactics--that we used to HATE (when used against OUR candidate)--as soon as we get into a better position, ourselves?

The golden rule is easy to lose sight of, when we get a lot of gold in our coffers.

I also hope that we won't become persecuters of those with whom WE don't see eye-to-eye , when WE finally triumph, because if we do, then we will have fought for Ron Paul in vain.

Remember that the Pilgrims to America (fleeing religious persecution in England) turned around and persecuted anyone who didn't worship the same way THEY worshipped, as soon as they had personally escaped the same type of tyrrany in England.

AgentPaul001
11-06-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm suprised that Tancredo and Hunter polled at a combined 7% in that CNN poll definitely suprising.

I wouldn't mind Tancredo bowing out and throwing his support to Paul, but Hunter splits more of the same I think.

acstichter
11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
These guys (neo-cons and their collaborators) are perfectly happy to slaughter hundreds of thousands of people, just to make themselves feel like big shots, and enjoy their power to destroy. So don't be surprised they respond this way - to Ron Paul's stellar performance at the debates, to the November 5th fundraising achievement, etc. This is what happens when a population lets liberty be trashed beyond the point of no return.

On a more constructive note, can we can figure out effective responses to this atrocity?

1: Some political guru or historian out there --- find out whether ANYONE with less than 5% support (measured somewhat similarly) at approximately this point in a presidential campaign has ever WON (the nomination). If that has ever happened, I believe this might be our best ammunition (crossing my fingers).

2: EXACTLY who made this decision?

3: EXACTLY who has the power to make this decision? On what authority?

4: EXACTLY when will the deciding polls be taken? By who? How? And what proof does anyone have that they CANNOT be Hannitized?

5: If this debate is to be televised nationally, this atrocity seems like overt election tampering --- to exclude ANY of the remaining legitimate candidates. Someone with lawyer experience --- hit the books!

6: Perhaps we need to generate tons of Iowa media bombs far more than we need to generate additional money bombs. Hey campaign. Post here the cost to place ads on Iowa television and Iowa newspapers. We may decide to positively FLOOD the Iowa media with advertisements that make it utterly clear that NO candidate but Ron Paul has any intention whatsoever to remove the troops from Iraq during their first term. That IS their position now, as of the last debates.

Those are my off the top of my head start up ideas. I'm sure the rest of you have more and better ideas. Add them now. Let's figure out what will be the most [cost and time] effective, then let's get to it.

I'm continuously amazed at how few people understand the principles of freedom. Private people have the right to invite whomever they want!!!!! Geez, a bunch of communist whiners! "They need to invite everybody, let's sue their asss!" That's horseshit. Let's concentrate on winning voters. Iowa is only 60 days away and we're polling at 1-5% . Let's get busy.

walt
11-06-2007, 02:27 PM

disagree - we had people call in June and it helped.