PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Super Brochure Mailing Program at cost!

steve7
11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Everyone please check out http://www.RonPaulProducts.com/mailing

As of right now it looks like only Florida is available, but basically you select the city you want to have the Super Brochure Mailed to, and then choose the Precinct you want the Super Brochure mailed too. This is a huge project and the Super Brochure is mailed out at cost of product, so no profit is being made as far as I'm aware. Also, this project is great because you can purchase a precinct for as little as $2 dollars up to a couple hundred dollars depending on the size of the Precinct that you purchase. If possible select Precincts in Sarasota, Florida first because the Republican Party of Sarasota is huge, a very influential in the Republican Party of Florida. The president of RPOS is also a Ron Paul supporter. Cheers! -Steve USN Veteran

Maximus
11-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for sharing, there were a couple threads on this in the last week. I'm very excited and I'm waiting for them to get Iowa up and running before I jump in.

Eric21ND
11-09-2011, 10:02 PM
bump

FriedChicken
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I get so antsy waiting for Iowa to be available ... I check more than once a day if I'm near a computer.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Steve, once a precinct has been mailed, is it taken off the list of selections? Or will people potentially receive multiple mailings?

Edit: From what I can tell the answer is yes. They are shaded out when already mailed. I'm going to order some for Sarasota county!

Nate-ForLiberty
11-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Mods can we get a sticky for this? What a great program here!

Maximus
11-09-2011, 11:43 PM
When Iowa gets put up, this and phone from home should be priority #1 for the forums

dante
11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
When Iowa gets put up, this and phone from home should be priority #1 for the forums

Phone from home should already be #1 priority.

Eric21ND
11-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Phone from home should already be #1 priority.
Yup let's do both 110%

steve7
11-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Iowa mailing is suppose to be available sometime next week. Help us get RevolutionPAC involved with his mailing program.

steve7
11-10-2011, 07:30 AM
It is also important to know, we get the Super Brochures at a cheaper cost the more precincts that we mail too. I believe its 7 Cents per brochure for every 1,000 ordered.

Eric21ND
11-10-2011, 07:36 AM
We need to go all in and flood Iowa with these right now!

Nate-ForLiberty
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
bump

harikaried
11-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Here's the primary results from 2008 broken down by congressional district then county:

http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/SummaryRpt.asp?ElectionDate=1/29/2008&Race=PPC&Party=REP

Sorted by the raw number of votes over 1000 by counties in districts (note, counties can span multiple districts):

10-Pinellas: 3,456
15-Brevard: 2,791
13-Sarasota: 2,617
14-Lee: 2,446
1-Escambia: 2,174
4-Duval: 2,136
8-Orange: 1,863
22-Palm Beach: 1,733
9-Pinellas: 1,500
1-Okaloosa: 1,472
13-Manatee: 1,386
20-Broward: 1,226
16-Martin: 1,222
1-Santa Rosa: 1,206
12-Polk: 1,145
19-Palm Beach: 1,131
11-Hillsborough: 1,130
7-Volusia: 1,113
2-Leon: 1,054
6-Marion: 1,036
9-Hillsborough: 1,026
14-Collier: 1,006

Eric21ND
11-11-2011, 07:29 AM
We need to hit those huckabee counties hard.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
bump!

Steve-in-NY
11-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Ok, so Im going to buy a few now - to be clear those counties/districts listed had the most votes FOR Paul.
That being the case shall I focus on the ones that had the WORST numbers for Paul?

Ok, I couldnt HOLD, even writing this thread so I bought 10 precincts in Osceola County so far. I figured I just send the same number of brochures in the mail as people voted for Paul there last cycle. Anything else is a bonus imo.

So yeah? Am I on the right track?

My plan of attack is currently:
Send to the worst and hope for the best

SchleckBros
11-11-2011, 02:26 PM
We need to hit those huckabee counties hard.

Notice the coorelation between Ron Paul's #s and Huckabee's #s. The precincts where Huckabee had more votes, Paul also did very well. In precincts where Huckabee did poorly, Ron Paul also did poorly. Last election cycle I was a Huckabee supporter and I believe we could win over these people. We just need to educate them and get the message out.

lucent
11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Edit: wrong thread. :)

Emptyeternity
11-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Someone want to add up all the precincts and report the totals per county with a combined total? I am sure we could raise this for ourselves, or do some rotating mailing.

MAILBOMB!

p.s. we should mail each precinct once per 3 weeks or 2 weeks. We need to saturate the precincts!

harikaried
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Targeting Escambia will cost a bit more than $12k.

11-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Call me a mild skeptic.

But why wouldn't it be better for this company to form a PAC and take donations to then do this? Is it making a profit? I'm not against a profit, but is this actually all "at cost" or is some margin built in? Why have people "order" mailings? I'm confused.

I will say, after looking at it, that this is an exceedingly impressive thing they have set up on the website. But I'm still confused.

11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
One more point...

Having done political mailings before, there can be an enormous discount for doing standard mail in bulk. But I cannot see that there is any such thing going on for the person who buys a lot of mailings here. The cost appears to be significantly higher, like first class rates. Que paso?

Steve-in-NY
11-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Call me a mild skeptic.

But why wouldn't it be better for this company to form a PAC and take donations to then do this? Is it making a profit? I'm not against a profit, but is this actually all "at cost" or is some margin built in? Why have people "order" mailings? I'm confused.

I will say, after looking at it, that this is an exceedingly impressive thing they have set up on the website. But I'm still confused.

One more point...

Having done political mailings before, there can be an enormous discount for doing standard mail in bulk. But I cannot see that there is any such thing going on for the person who buys a lot of mailings here. The cost appears to be significantly higher, like first class rates. Que paso?

I dont know man, all I know is I drop some cash on a precinct when I can and hope a thousand other people do the same thing.
Then I hope they get IA and NH up and moving.
Then I start looking for NV, SC...

Umbro2914
11-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Idk why florida is the only one avalible when thats the one we should not be focusing on at all. No way we can win it. dosent matter if we get 4 or 6 % there. Sorry but its a lost cause. We should be sending to SC and other.

Steve-in-NY
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Yknow yesterday during my Ia calls one person said they liked Paul based on mail they had gotten and said something like there wasn't a thing I disagreed with.
Mail must work

Maximus
11-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Yknow yesterday during my Ia calls one person said they liked Paul based on mail they had gotten and said something like there wasn't a thing I disagreed with.
Mail must work

I have friends in the printing industry, it is pretty much the most effective form of advertising there is for the buck.

lucent
11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
So when will Iowa and New Hampshire become available?

dante
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Call me a mild skeptic.

It would be cheaper and more bang for the buck if the campaign were to do it in bulk. However Ron Paul supporters like to know what they are spending money on - so we get excellent ideas like this one. Kudos to the organizers for a fantastic idea. Now if only the official campaign would copy it.

Eric21ND
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Just got back from my Meetup meeting and everyone was very impressed with the brochures, so much so that we decided to have a neighborhood lit drop tomorrow. Hopefully post pics.

po14015
11-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I am hoping to have Iowa up by the end of the week and several other States will be following.

And for those who don't understand the cost of this, New Hampshire's database is $8,200. So that is why the cost of the mailing is where it is at.

As for the Official Campaign, I ate dinner with Jesse Benton and John Tate and told this idea to them 2 years ago. I got a pleasant nod and "we will see what we can do". And I was the number one recruiter for the "Ron Paul 2008" Campaign's precinct database. At this point the Official Campaign most likely can't even catch up. And they wouldn't be sending out the Super Brochure.

And I can't stress enough to place your order for the brochures NOW. We have limited quantity, and you may have to wait until the next run.

If anyone needs anything, please let me know.

In Liberty,

Curt
Owner of RonPaulProducts.com
phone number on the site

Lord Xar
11-13-2011, 11:56 PM
I am hoping to have Iowa up by the end of the week and several other States will be following.

And for those who don't understand the cost of this, New Hampshire's database is $8,200. So that is why the cost of the mailing is where it is at.

As for the Official Campaign, I ate dinner with Jesse Benton and John Tate and told this idea to them 2 years ago. I got a pleasant nod and "we will see what we can do". And I was the number one recruiter for the "Ron Paul 2008" Campaign's precinct database. At this point the Official Campaign most likely can't even catch up. And they wouldn't be sending out the Super Brochure.

And I can't stress enough to place your order for the brochures NOW. We have limited quantity, and you may have to wait until the next run.

In Liberty,

Curt
phone number on the site

At least for myself, I am waiting till you get the Iowa/NH addresses, so I can send them out to those places.

A few of us offered to buy some of your brochures for others who need them.. I haven't heard from anyone.

kusok
11-14-2011, 12:01 AM
I got 2 dozen of these and liked them, I ordered 100 more, will be walking around my town putting them in random mailboxes, college lounges, retirement home reading areas, gyms magazine pick-up areas etc.

I would still like to have a slightly modified product that I know would be even more effective:
- Use real photograph on the front, and preferably the one that doesn't look like young George W.
- Have simple few word comparison chart that compares major candidates.
- Use harder paper.
- Possibly make it a 1 sheet summary kind of a thing, or a 2 page mini brochure (remember attention span and most importantly (non-existent) knowledge of average voter)
- HEAVILY lean on ending wars and lowering taxes on middle class (2 things everyone wants), make it clear that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who is even talking about doing those 2 things with any degree of seriousness and actual historically confirmed commitment.
- Mention and make it clear that TV is biased against Ron Paul. Present a graph proving he gets ignored.

p.s.
I would love to donate $$$ if it helps to get these brochures to the important early states and whatever, you guys know what to do. Just tell me where to donate.
But I wish these would be spread all over the country.

Maximus
11-14-2011, 01:25 AM
I got 2 dozen of these and liked them, I ordered 100 more, will be walking around my town putting them in random mailboxes, college lounges, retirement home reading areas, gyms magazine pick-up areas etc.

I would still like to have a slightly modified product that I know would be even more effective:
- Use real photograph on the front, and preferably the one that doesn't look like young George W.
- Use harder paper.
- Possibly make it a 1 sheet summary kind of a thing, or a 2 page mini brochure (remember attention span and most importantly (non-existent) knowledge of average voter)
- HEAVILY lean on ending wars and lowering taxes on middle class (2 things everyone wants), make it clear that Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who is even talking about doing those 2 things with any degree of seriousness and actual historically confirmed commitment.
- Mention and make it clear that TV is biased against Ron Paul. Present a graph proving he gets ignored.

p.s.
I would love to donate $$$ if it helps to get these brochures to the important early states and whatever, you guys know what to do. Just tell me where to donate.

That's a completely different brochure. This one is great.

dante
11-14-2011, 06:34 AM

In Liberty,

Curt
phone number on the site

The campaign is sending out plenty of official mailers. The new idea brought to the table here is the ability for people to feel more involved by donating for the mailing to a specific precinct versus just donating dollars blindly. This is an excellent idea given the desire of RP supporters to be involved.

I'm not sure why you say the campaign won't catch up unless you are referring to this creative fundraising technique. And if that is what you are referring to - I'm sure enough of us can convince the campaign to start something similar. It would probably take them a day to whip up given that they will already have all the mailing lists etc... from their current mailings.

Don't get me wrong. I think you have put together an amazing brochure and fundraising idea to let people donate for a precinct. Its just that the campaign can get better prices in bulk, and has already purchased the mailing lists. So we are now duplicating efforts (especially in IA and NH) - whenever non-maxed out donors buy brochures. I do think having the option for FL is great on your site, given that the campaign does not appear to be focusing its efforts there. We can help maintain a respectable result in FL.

Dr. Paul has said there are two things we can do to help him - fundraising and phone from home. Lets get the campaign to adopt your impressive fundraising technique and stick to mailing the brochure to states the campaign is ignoring.

Carehn
11-14-2011, 06:37 AM
IOWA!

RIPLEYMOM
11-14-2011, 07:16 AM
This is amazing! So, these are direct mailed to individual voters' homes? I'm so in! Looking forward to Washington state's!

Paulitics 2011
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
These are great, but I see a few things that could be improved:

1. Mention his 3 decade + consistency and tell people to look at it for themselves.

2. On the back page, reorganize the facts like they are in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g

(Ron Paul has never voted for/voted against every..., Ron Paul will as President...., etc. etc.)

Absolute terms are a lot more convincing. Knowing that he has NEVER voted for a tax increase makes a big difference.

3. Mention his respect for states' rights in deciding social policy.

I don't know how much work it would be to make an edited version, but it would be well worth it. Waiting for Iowa to become available.

trey4sports
11-14-2011, 05:28 PM

- Use harder paper.

p.s.

lol, think you mean random doorsteps. Mailboxes are federal property

Eric21ND
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM
At least for myself, I am waiting till you get the Iowa/NH addresses, so I can send them out to those places.

A few of us offered to buy some of your brochures for others who need them.. I haven't heard from anyone.
I already sent out several orders of 1000-2000 to Iowa, Minnesota, and now New Hampshire looks to be next. Waiting for contacts to respond with their addresses. I also parceled out smaller quantities of 50-100 to individuals around the country. Got smaller shipments going to Colorado, Florida, and SC.

Eric21ND
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/RonPaulbrochure2.jpg

Eric21ND
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/Eric21ND/RonPaulBrochure1.jpg

po14015
11-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Eric, I love the photos.

"unless you are referring to this creative fundraising technique."
And yes, I was referring to this. And I don't actually think the campaign should set something like it up now. If they were going to do it, then they should have done it months ago (or back two years ago with C4L). They have a game plan, and I think they should stick to it. I am not trying to compete with the Official Campaign or alter what they are doing.

The brochure is more effective. People want to read it. At P5 (Florida's Straw Poll), I walked up and down the line to get in. Many people just dropped the slim jims or pitched them. My experience so far with the brochure is people keep it. They want to read and reread the info. And my voice mail keeps filling up with similar stories.
An extra mailing won't hurt.

And I disagree that the campaign can do it cheaper. Don't they have Staff that get paid a salary???? RonPaulProducts.com has no employees and pays no salaries. I am the owner, and the only way I "make money" is if there is a profit after this is all said and done. Plus, I can use the databases AFTER the campaign to help people "Become Ron Paul". All you have to do is look at what happened in 2008 to know what will become of any lists the Official Campaign has.

And I would like to stress the best things we can do in an election:

1. Canvass
2. Phone From Home
3. Direct Mailing

The problem is that as you go down the list more people are willing to do it. So I think we are getting people who for whatever reason can't do 1 or 2. And in the grand scheme the amount of money to do the whole State of Iowa's Super Voters isn't very much.

So if you like the brochure use it. If you like the slim jims use them. And if you can get on the phone, do it. Just do it now. I think everyone agrees that time is running short.

Video on the Precinct Mailing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71MDPE5mNE
In Liberty,

Curt