PDA

View Full Version : Why the Media Ignores Ron Paul? --- the reasons, list them

Lord Xar
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I want to put together a flyer for distribution perhaps with the brochures or a basis for a quick ad or two.

Why does the media ingore Ron Paul? Sure, we know because he is a threat to the establishment, but the everyday voter needs more than that... why?

List them.

A_Silent_Majority_Member
11-09-2011, 04:42 AM
1. Lack of need for follow up and further explaination... Ron Paul is very thorough and complete in his explainations and answers and well pretty much is a what you see is what you get kind of guy (which is one reason many of us love him). The case isnt so with the other guys... To understand what I am talking about just look at all the press time lavished on cain to follow up explaining his sim city 9-9-9 scam... er.. ah.. i mean "plan". With paul it is what it is and the only way the edia can garnish attention (in their minds) is to create controversy through spin. The same Paul that handed chris mathews his butt for dinner for trying to start up some stuff on the civil rights issues need to come out to play with the press any time they attempt to spin his platform.

2. Lack of scandal(cain) and gaffs(perry)???

3. Honest belief that Pauls support is nothing more thin and narrow (but deep) misfit rebel band of college kids and conspiracy junkies based on the emails they get. NOTE: This is also a big reason why they discredit and disregard the polls. we really need to combat this perception NOW! EDIT: not to the media but to the masses of the american people! the media can then no longer discredit Pauls supporters.

4. Speaking of polls....Other candidates, mostly Newt the political wingman parroting Pauls talknig points near to a tee but in more common lingo then deflecting attention to another candidate. never forget that debate just before cain skyrocketed where newt chirped in after a paul question and said something like thats why im an advocate against the fed blah blah blah and why im so in tune with my buddy herman cain and the blind masses fell for it like little mice being led through a maze. just look at RCP and see how newt and cains numbers went up simultainiously after that and how pauls took a bit of a dip. pay attention it happens all the time!

Travlyr
11-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Audit the Fed
Bring the troops home
End the IRS
Remove regulatory agencies
Allow competing currencies
Cut spending
Free non-violent offenders
Stop CIA activities
Let people work without penalty

tbone717
11-09-2011, 06:11 AM
It's really simple as I see it. The media is controlled by a handful of large corporations (Time Warner, Disney, News Corp, etc). These corporations benefit from the status quo through excessive government regulation. Ron Paul wants to dismantle the status quo, therefore they are against him because the protections and benefits they currently receive from government would come to an end.

Travlyr
11-09-2011, 06:23 AM
It's really simple as I see it. The media is controlled by a handful of large corporations (Time Warner, Disney, News Corp, etc). These corporations benefit from the status quo through excessive government regulation. Ron Paul wants to dismantle the status quo, therefore they are against him because the protections and benefits they currently receive from government would come to an end.
That's right. Ron Paul puts main stream media out-of-business.

The Fed prints money and hands it to the political process through lobbyists. The politicians pay the media to keep the Fed actions secret, keep the politician in office, and the corporations promoted. The politician votes in favor of the corporatocracy to keep the money flowing. Rinse, recycle, repeat.

Take the Fed and the IRS out of the process and the people keep their wealth which removes the need for the media circus.

Johnny Appleseed
11-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Fear

bubbleboy
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
The "why" is the conspiracy theory. I would focus on the "What".

The fact is the Left and the Right mainline media hate Paul. Their grotesque behavior is obvious to me by the questions they reiterate, seducing the audience with negative presuppositions. I call it Mind Control but hey, you might leave that idea Off the flyer. LOL.

A_Silent_Majority_Member
11-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Folks... if we cant play devils advocate and think objectively outside the box (the average persons perspective and not just preaching to the chior) then I fear we have become both Ron Pauls greatest ally AND his greatest downfall at the same time. Fact remains we need to grow the base and painting the portrait of an unwinnable us vs. them scenerio with an all powerful behind the curtain boogyman calling the shots against us bit just isnt going to make that happen. It only makes the medias spin to the masses perception right and turns off a lot of potential support.

S.Shorland
11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Paul will stop the fascist state.If somebody was going to cut off your money conveyor,you'd resist too.

fisharmor
11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
That's right. Ron Paul puts main stream media out-of-business.

Hey, something to agree on!

I have a slightly different spin on this.
The mainstream media know they have terminal cancer.
It happened with newspaper classifieds, when craigslist took over the market for a fraction of the cost.
It happened with book sales, when Amazon hammered shut Borders' coffin.
Now that everyone is getting broadband, people are able to get other 5-minute segments on a particular topic, from small companies and nobodys sitting in their dens.

In short, MSM has serious competition. Not serious in that they're billion-dollar companies... serious in that they're doing it better. As stated, MSM has to condense a complex topic into a 2-5 minute segment.
Anyone who has watched YouTube knows that the wild, wild web is much better at condensing complex info than CNN.

The big companies aren't selling truth - they're showmen. They spend far more time on the production values of a piece than they do on facts. Just look at when Dan Rather was outed. I'm sure they spent hundreds of man-hours on the production of the Bush memos piece.

So here comes this guy who refuses to play their showman game. Everyone else in the field is playing ball... getting belligerent with each other, wearing sailor suits to debates, shouting slogans, pushing "we're #1" American superiority at the end of a bayonet, etc.

Not this one guy. His hair is terrible, he's older than dirt, he says "aaaah" a lot when he talks, his suits seldom fit him, the average mouth-breather can't understand a damned thing he's saying, and he also represents the people who are mainly plugged into the medium which is going to kill the main stream media.

He looks terrible, sounds terrible, and he's big with the competition.
What's left to understand here?

I know there are conspiracy ideas with MSM. I don't buy it. They simply don't have truth on their radar. It's not what they do. And it never was.
He has simply been judged not good for ratings.

smithtg
11-09-2011, 07:39 AM
he tells the truth and doesnt spin anything

Travlyr
11-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Those of you who are too young to remember Walter Cronkite should know he was "The Most Trusted Man In America" for nearly 20 years. His news show was how much of America kept up with the world while we worked 50 -> 60 hours/week. Look what Cliff Kincaid wrote about him a couple years ago,
The Terrible Truth About Walter Cronkite (http://www.aim.org/aim-column/the-terrible-truth-about-walter-cronkite/)

It is wrong to speak ill of the dead. On the other hand, it is an insult to the intelligence of the American people to pretend that Walter Cronkite was the “voice of God” and “universally credible,” as Mara Liasson put it on Fox News Sunday. The terrible truth is that Walter Cronkite symbolized liberal media bias and used that bias with disastrous consequences for our nation and the world. His latest cause was world government and the destruction of American sovereignty.

We found out after his retirement that he was not only a liberal, which was evident from his broadcasts, but a one-worlder. In appearances before the World Federalist Association, which favors world government financed by global taxes, he called for the U.S. to renounce “some of its sovereignty” and pass a series of United Nations treaties-many of which are now being pushed in the Senate by President Barack Obama. Cronkite called for an “international Liberty Bell.”

hazek
11-09-2011, 08:16 AM
The media ignores Ron or anyone else sharing his ideas because it is owned by the status quo which is perfectly aware of the power of propaganda and will never allow something to be broadcasted that could dethrone them.

It's that simple.

Travlyr
11-09-2011, 08:20 AM
The media ignores Ron or anyone else sharing his ideas because it is owned by the status quo which is perfectly aware of the power of propaganda and will never allow something to be broadcasted that could dethrone them.

It's that simple.
Exactly.

donnay
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Audit the Fed
Bring the troops home
End the IRS
Remove regulatory agencies
Allow competing currencies
Cut spending
Free non-violent offenders
Stop CIA activities
Let people work without penalty

End all aggression in America's name. Stop creating monster's abroad just like John Quincy Adams foreign policy speech spoke of in 1821: “America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy.”

Dr. Paul would like to implement what two founders suggested:

“Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations...entangling alliances with none” ~Thomas Jefferson

"It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world." ~George Washington

This above all, is one of the main reasons why Dr. Paul wants to stop our aggression in the Middle East and in other countries our troops occupy. These practices do nothing to help our economy, nor does it any good to gain any friendships and respect from the foreigners.

Reagan was right, we are currently the "shinning city on the hill"--the difference is, we have become that shinning city on the hill, because we have bullied our way to the top!! That is not what our founders envisioned, for America!

The establishment knows wars of aggression makes a handful of people very wealthy...just like Smedley D. Butler said, "War Is A Racket."

affa
11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Two problems that go hand in hand... and in understanding them you will realize the media will NEVER give a fair shake to Ron Paul. It would go against their interests.

Concentration of media ownership (a handful of mega-corps owning all media)

and

The ownership of those megacorps by those with establishment interests. For example, General Electric is essentially an arms manufacturer in addition to it's other interests. They own NBC, CNBC, and a ton of other media outlets. Why would they want war to end? They profit from selling weapons for war. They profit from rebuilding after war. And they profit while covering war on the media.

Here's a good starting article on it:
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2627

From said article:
-----------
Sometimes a media-owning corporation is itself a significant weapons merchant. In 1991, when my colleague Martin A. Lee and I looked into the stake that one major media-invested company had in the latest war, what we found was sobering: NBC’s owner General Electric designed, manufactured or supplied parts or maintenance for nearly every major weapon system used by the U.S. during the Gulf War—including the Patriot and Tomahawk Cruise missiles, the Stealth bomber, the B-52 bomber, the AWACS plane, and the NAVSTAR spy satellite system. “In other words,” we wrote in Unreliable Sources, “when correspondents and paid consultants on NBC television praised the performance of U.S. weapons, they were extolling equipment made by GE, the corporation that pays their salaries.”
---------

Ron Paul represents the end of war. He is truly anti-establishment. He is outside the comfort zone of the concentration of media ownership. He will never, ever be a mass media darling, unless it's part of a trap to take him down.

We, the grass roots, are how Ron Paul will win this. Not the media. They can not be trusted, for Ron Paul will cut into their profits.

This isn't to say an individual journalist might not like Ron Paul. That could happen. But the top down pressure will always be against him.