PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Ron Paul Christmas parade floats across America

vechorik
11-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I just got off the phone with the Christmas parade committee and it's Christmas time already.
Time to organize with a group of Ron Paul supporters and get a float, car, anything in the Christmas parade!
Great advertising, fun and almost free!
Hope to see some YouTubes of 2012 efforts.

craezie
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I wish someone could get one in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Or, even better, the Rose Parade.

This is a good idea for the smaller communities, though. It wouldn't take a lot to have the best float in our hometown parade. Ha!

McDermit
11-08-2011, 11:36 PM
We had a Ron Paul float and floats for 3 local candidates in a Veteran's Day Parade this past weekend.

Just take care to clarify that the parade guidlines don't prohibit candidates or political groups from participating--many don't allow it. I wanted to get into Christmas and St Pat's parades here in 07-08, and the vast majority allowed only current elected officials/dignataries in their parades. We got denied.

Also, some folks on facebook were slamming local libertarian candidates after the Vet's Day parade, spouting drivel about how they disgraced the veterans, etc. (Mind you, several of our canidates ARE veterans.) Politicking at any celebratory/holiday event will inevitably piss a few people off. Just be aware of that and keep your message/float as relevant to the event and noncontroversial as possible.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh my gosh does RP have a float for the Macy's TGD parade?!

vechorik
11-09-2011, 10:36 AM
In small towns, they're desperate for any float participation, so I don't think anything would be denied there. The more the merrier -- even politics.

We have an antique truck that we're going to put a Ron Paul banner on and enter it into the "antique vehicle" category.

McDermit
11-09-2011, 06:12 PM
In small towns, they're desperate for any float participation, so I don't think anything would be denied there. The more the merrier -- even politics.

We have an antique truck that we're going to put a Ron Paul banner on and enter it into the "antique vehicle" category.The places I'm referring to are small towns... Populations between 2000-7000. I'm just saying, make sure it's allowed before you start making plans.

McDermit
11-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh my gosh does RP have a float for the Macy's TGD parade?!They don't allow political or religious groups.

sarahdeez
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
We had a very successful parade float in Mississippi. We had a great response and handed out 1000 super brochures. I think it was well worth the cost and effort. Where else would 10,000 people see enthusiastic RP supporters handing out brochures to super cool rock music with Ron Paul quotes mixed in for less than $200.

Paulatized
12-07-2011, 08:00 PM
We had a very successful parade float in Mississippi. We had a great response and handed out 1000 super brochures. I think it was well worth the cost and effort. Where else would 10,000 people see enthusiastic RP supporters handing out brochures to super cool rock music with Ron Paul quotes mixed in for less than $200.

Outstanding!!! Looks like everyone was having a great time. +rep for spreading the message of liberty.

muzzled dogg
12-07-2011, 08:18 PM
We got some press last weekend!

Ron Paul revolution redeems holiday parade
http://www.freemanch.com/ron-paul-revolution-redeems-holiday-parade/

Manchester on the March
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111203/NEWS/712049977

Jilly4Liberty
12-08-2011, 09:45 AM
You guys have to check out the float they made in Byron Texas! http://shop4liberty.com/page.asp?ID=2968