PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Getting Angry?

parke
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
FOX news makes my blood boil. The media in general is disgusting. If Rudy's ass raised that much money in one day it would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country. What can we do???

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM

davidhperry
11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
You're getting angry about an email some guy might have gotten.

parke
11-06-2007, 12:09 PM
You're getting angry about an email some guy might have gotten.

NO. Im angry because Im sick of that piece of shit station acting like Ron is a flake. Im angry for them stacking the deck at the last debate. Im angry that Ron isnt included in the telephone polling. Im angry that MSM doubts his seriousness as a candidate.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
NO. Im angry because Im sick of that piece of shit station acting like Ron is a flake. Im angry for them stacking the deck at the last debate. Im angry that Ron isnt included in the telephone polling. Im angry that MSM doubts his seriousness as a candidate.

All this should be second nature to you (and all of us) by now. :p

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
I expected this treatment from the MSM.

Mister Grieves
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
The MSM is shitting their pants right now. They are literally on the losing end of a battle for information.

It pleases me that all they can do is hide their heads under their covers and hope that Ron Paul just goes away, because that ain't going to happen. Instead of getting angry, I smile when a "political expert" goes onto a show and tries to push Hukabee. I love watching them squirm and this is only the beginning.

ValidusCustodiae
11-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Anybody who wants to bash conspiracy theorists, I want you to type with a straight face right here that there is no conspiracy in the MSM against Ron Paul.

A good laugh is priceless, and I'm always up for one.

Syren123
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
If FOX still gets your goat, you've got to watch OUTFOXED (it's on google films)! It will put to rest any fears you may have that FOX is a legitimate news agency. It is nothing but the propaganda wing of the RNC and the toy of megalomaniac Rupert Murdoch.

Preserve your health. Give up all FOX News watching entirely.

werdd
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
yeah we dont know yet, but if this is confirmed we will surely be pissed, id be for buying out the event and not even showing up, if we all did this they would debate to an empty audience, and fred could ask the commentators for applause.

Snowfire
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Anyone else getting angry?

I don't get mad. I get even -- by voting. ;)

Mortikhi
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
OK I think that one Iowa email got everyone disheveled.
I'm going to wait until verification before activating the adrenal glands again.

newmedia4ron
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
What can you do?! Pick up the damn phone, call your neocon radio host (http://www.gop.com/GetActive/CallTalkRadio.aspx), and say your mad and you're not gonna take it anymore!
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1362784/2/istockphoto_1362784_pick_up_the_phone.jpg

InTheoryTV
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a suggestion. Don't wait for the media. Move forward and get people together and go and knock on your neighbors doors.

I went out this past Saturday for 5 hours and went door to door. I had some voter data registration information and I said my name and that I was a neighbor, and I was asking questions about the 2008 Presidential race, and the primaries that proceed it. I didn't say I was for Ron Paul straight up. What I was doing with some others was looking for potential Ron Paul voters. I live in caucus state.

I confirmed their information, and first asked them who they would vote for today. I then asked next what 3 issues are important to them. Finally I asked if they were for or against the US war in Iraq.

With that information I decided on whether to mention Ron Paul to them and give a slim jim. If they are pro war Guilana types, I would thank them for their time and move on. You don't want to motivate your direct competition. If they were democrats, I would give them a slim jim and the pitch.

Almost everyone was friendly and it was a fun and positive experience. I got 6 good leads who said it was ok to email and call them before the caucus and that they were supporting Ron Paul. Of those 6, 3 were registered as Democrats and asked to have someone come to their house to chance affiliation. I say a party isn't a tattoo, it's like a badge, that you are not stuck with forever.

Typically in my town in the past only 15 people show up in each precinct at the Republican caucus. So getting 6 good leads is good for that precinct. Most people haven't heard of Ron Paul, and those that have, don't have all the correct information.

Now we donated our money, now is the time to donate our time.

It is out of one's comfort zone to knock on doors. It was hard for me. But once I did it, I found it was fun, and I could see that I was making a difference. Of the 90 people in the meetup group I'm in, only 3 people went out last Saturday. This isn't going to cut it.

I know its important to get face to face with people, but I don't know how to motivate other Ron Paul supporters to do the same. Any advice from those that have had success.

So in closing. Take your anger with the bad coverage and go and spread the message yourself.

parke
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Anybody who wants to bash conspiracy theorists, I want you to type with a straight face right here that there is no conspiracy in the MSM against Ron Paul.

A good laugh is priceless, and I'm always up for one.

hahahhahahahahaaaaa

ShowMeLiberty
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a suggestion. Don't wait for the media. Move forward and get people together and go and knock on your neighbors doors.

I went out this past Saturday for 5 hours and went door to door. I had some voter data registration information and I said my name and that I was a neighbor, and I was asking questions about the 2008 Presidential race, and the primaries that proceed it. I didn't say I was for Ron Paul straight up. What I was doing with some others was looking for potential Ron Paul voters. I live in caucus state.

I confirmed their information, and first asked them who they would vote for today. I then asked next what 3 issues are important to them. Finally I asked if they were for or against the US war in Iraq.

With that information I decided on whether to mention Ron Paul to them and give a slim jim. If they are pro war Guilana types, I would thank them for their time and move on. You don't want to motivate your direct competition. If they were democrats, I would give them a slim jim and the pitch.

Almost everyone was friendly and it was a fun and positive experience. I got 6 good leads who said it was ok to email and call them before the caucus and that they were supporting Ron Paul. Of those 6, 3 were registered as Democrats and asked to have someone come to their house to chance affiliation. I say a party isn't a tattoo, it's like a badge, that you are not stuck with forever.

Typically in my town in the past only 15 people show up in each precinct at the Republican caucus. So getting 6 good leads is good for that precinct. Most people haven't heard of Ron Paul, and those that have, don't have all the correct information.

It is out of one's comfort zone to knock on doors. It was hard for me. But once I did it, I found it was fun, and I could see that I was making a difference. Of the 90 people in the meetup group I'm in, only 3 people went out last Saturday. This isn't going to cut it.

I know its important to get face to face with people, but I don't know how to motivate other Ron Paul supporters to do the same. Any advice from those that have had success.

So in closing. Take your anger with the bad coverage and go and spread the message yourself.

Hear! Hear!

This is the ONLY thing that is going to make a real difference now. Yes, we need to continue donating so the campaign can get more ads out there, but nothing convinces a potential voter like talking to another real person one on one.

The more people we talk to, the more people who learn about and choose to support Ron Paul... eventually we can sit back and laugh at MSM, knowing we have the votes to turn their little worlds inside out.

So there. :)

parke
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM

good idea.. im calming down. It just sucks.. all this work and effort we put into the best candidate we've had run for president since Jefferson to be shrugged off really pisses me off.

This is my first go at politics. I love Ron Paul. He stands up for Americans and I commend him for it.

Ive got one better than knocking on doors. Im going to organize a rally in Columbus Ohio. Im an experience promoter thats drawn over 4000 people to a music show. Ive got a large network there and know members of the local media in Columbus. It being centrally located in the midwest means it can draw from a 360 degree area.

Wish me luck please.

InTheoryTV
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Good luck.

If you organize a rally and/or a fund raising event, and contact the campaign... maybe Ron Paul will show up!

I've seen it happen.

ronpaulhawaii
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM

It is out of one's comfort zone to knock on doors. It was hard for me. But once I did it, I found it was fun [emp. added], and I could see that I was making a difference. Of the 90 people in the meetup group I'm in, only 3 people went out last Saturday. This isn't going to cut it.

Great Job, great advice. This is what we all need to do to win this thing

good idea.. im calming down. It just sucks.. all this work and effort we put into the best candidate we've had run for president since Jefferson to be shrugged off really pisses me off.

This is my first go at politics. I love Ron Paul. He stands up for Americans and I commend him for it.

Ive got one better than knocking on doors. Im going to organize a rally in Columbus Ohio. Im an experience promoter thats drawn over 4000 people to a music show. Ive got a large network there and know members of the local media in Columbus. It being centrally located in the midwest means it can draw from a 360 degree area.

Wish me luck please.

Good Luck, but I can promise you that a rally is NOT as effective as door knocking face to face interaction. It is easier and more comfortable, it is self-satisfying and exciting, but it is preaching to the choir. We all need to get out of our comfort zone and do the most effective things we can do. It is MUCH easier to talk to strangers than it may seem, people are fed up with the media and the current political establishment. Young and Old, Simple or Complex, almost everyone I am talking to every day. They thank me sincerely for giving them a better choice to consider. As the above poster mentions this is the most satisfying thing you can do

If you can organize a successful fundraiser, great! If you just want to have a good time with other supporters, I wish that you would remember that we are FIGHTING for peace and prosperity and this is no party

my 2 ¢

m
Please check my latest post in the RPRiders sub-forum, opinions requested, Thanks

jpa
11-06-2007, 12:51 PM
you are in stage 2 (anger).. .most of us are in stage 4 (acceptance) with MSM bias.

Soon you will be trying to fight it.

Blowback
11-06-2007, 12:52 PM
How could you possibly be mad?

We just raised 4.3M in a day. Of course maybe i'm just extra cheerful because silver and gold are up huge and CDE just went through the rough. It's a wonderful day to be me.